• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Strange

Wert

Something
Strange
It was on a humid Sunday morning that Wolherd State College opened its doors once again to both new and experienced students alike. Just as every other form of school within the county had begun during these early days of August, leaving the summer dreams and love affairs to rot in their consequential beds. Wolherd's populace was diverse, maintaining a broad spectrum of people from different walks of life. If one took into consideration how it was nestled cozily between the city and the countryside, and how low cost admissions were, it wouldn't be surprising. However, it also meant that spaces within the school were limited. This year Wolherd's dormitories were particularly cramped, causing last minute rescheduling to many of the student's living situations. Of course, this didn't set well with many students. Mason was one of them.
A figure of moderate height and thin proportions stood next to the closed entryway to what was supposed to be a single bedded room, black eyes glued to the yellow parchment that dangled from the door by a broken piece of tape. A notice was written on it which proved his suspicions on having to share a room to be correct. He huffed a breath of hot air between his teeth before he went inside and placed his bags onto the bed closest to the door. The area was still spacious despite the extra bed and storage that was shoved into the other corner of the room. At least there's that, the young adult thought to himself while he started to put his things away. There wasn't much to be done as he was never one for excessive decoration so he found himself lying on the bed with long digits tapping against his wrist. This is where the curiosity began. Who is his roommate? Are they male, female? Would they be tolerable? Would it be easy to observe them? His mind started to wander into visions of his intentions as dark lashes intertwined with one another to shut out the light. This only lasted a few moments before he heard the heavy door move, eyes fluttering open to look at who had invaded his silence.

Sorry, my writing could use some work. >_< Never Never

"Ah well this won't do...." The accented voice erupts from the now open door as a figure of short stature stood in it, feminine in silhouette and voice, her face moved from one side of the room to another with a faint swish of her tied up hair following. Her eyes then fixed down on the only other person in the room, who had seemed to have made himself very comfortable already. "...At All."

She knew there was a chance that she'd be sharing with a Guy, but it didn't concern her till it actually happened. She strolled through the room, no longer looking at her roommate, dragging her poor case behind her. She let it drop when she sat on the side of the unoccupied bed, it landed in front of her feet - but that's not what had her attention. The Furious tapping of her nails clacking against the screen of her phone as she continued to type a stern email to the College was what she was fixated on. Once she hit send, -without reading it over again- she let her hands drop to her lap and let out a clearly annoyed sigh. Guilt got the best of her eventually, so she decided it was probably best to at least make some form of greeting; impressions of herself she didn't really care for much. "Wha's your name?"

your writing? Pleeeaaassseeee xD Wert Wert

She's right, Mason thought to himself, this wont do. At least not well. He'd known rooming with a girl was a possibility, but he always had a harder time tolerating females and their ways of being emotional, indecisive messes. Of course, he didn't let this show, it would only lead to a worse start than the situation they were already placed in. As the girl tapped away at her phone, his thoughts folded into himself. Nimble fingers traced his wrist again once he came to the realization that this could be a challenge with exciting ends. It also gave him a chance to test a few things so it isn't entirely harmful. The same voice as before snapped his attention back to the room, dark eyes shifting to look at the girl as she spoke. "Mason," a deep voice responded while the owner sat up on his bed comfortably, "What's yours?"
Never Never

"Evie." Her face perked up slightly as she spoke to him her own name, her thumbs fiddled with her phone, a part of her body language betraying her to show slight anxiety for something. She didn't know whether to unpack now or wait, she certainly didn't enjoy just sitting here with this boy. So she stood up and slipped her mobile into the back pocket of her jeans, as she was stood up and seemed to have some form of dominance like this she took the opportunity to blurt, "Just so you know I do not approve of our current... predicament and have already requested to be moved somewhere...else." She spoke confidently, her eyes fixed on him, "I don't mean to insult, but frankly I don't really care - I just... can't, okay?"

She was then alerted by a buzz from her bottom, causing her to flick down and snatch it from her pocket - shifting through the lock screen. However, a look of annoyance resurfaced on her face when it wasn't the message she was expecting yet. It was probably too late anyway. What a great start, She thought to herself.

Wert Wert

The male took into account Evie's shifting body language before he locked gazes with her. Of course, it'd be normal for her to be anxious if she's placed in this situation. Though, for a moment, he was curious if the sudden domineering stance she took was an attempt to hide it or just her personality. A lighthearted whicker escaped him once the girl finished speaking, his shoulders rising and falling in a short shrug, "That's fine." He moved to his feet and stood, breaking the line of sight he had with her and sauntered over the door. Air wafted against thick tufts of dark hair as he swiftly pushed the door open all the way, turning to look back at the other occupant. "I'm going to grab a snack and go to the housing office about the issue if you want to join," and with that, Mason left the room at a pace that was comfortable to him, not giving much room for a casual verbal response or objection. He didn't care either way, and doubted the school's willingness to comply with changing a floor plan for the sake of two students, but if it got the process over with quicker he didn't see a problem in wasting the time doing it.
Never Never

Evie's eyes narrows as the boy, Mason had offered her to join him and she almost ignored him if it weren't for the fact he was to head to the housing office. Of course she would go, she'd be damned if she let him have the first word in the matter - butter them up nicely for himself. She had to be there to hear everything and of course give her two cents into the matter. She quickly shoved her case with her foot underneath the bed, with little success as it was nudged only slightly due to it's heavy nature. She ignored it and continued to move passed it, almost tripping over it in the process, but recovering swiftly. She locked up and power walked to catch up.

Not how she expected her first day to go, walking a few feet behind a stranger, not really knowing what to say. "What are you even doing anyway?" It was her best attempt yet.

Wert Wert

By 'doing', he assumed she meant academically and responded to such, "I'm studying liberal arts." The sound of other students settling into their rooms and chatting among each other started to fill the hallway as they made their way through the noise. Mason had scaled the stairway to the second floor quietly and made a pit stop at the vending machines. The male pulled money from his pocket and fed it to the machine before he placed a code in and grabbed the bitter chocolate bar that plopped down due to it. He shifted on his feet to look back at her, speaking with a nonchalant tone to match his movements, "Do you want something?" There was already enough left for another snack in the machine from what he had put in, and he doubted it had been fixed since the last time he was here so getting it back was out of the question. A familiar voice caught his attention, pulling his gaze away from Evie and towards a sandy blonde haired boy who was chatting with two other students as they made their way down hall in his direction. He didn't express a response more than keeping his sights locked on him unlike the blonde, who's previously happy visage twisted into one of contempt sewn together with a weak, smug smile. This exchange only lasted a few seconds as the three walked passed them, moseyed on their way down to the first floor, and left Mason's attention to ease back to his current roommate. he twiddled the the candy bar between his fingers while he waited on a response from her. Although he seemed to be waiting idly, his mind was racing with thoughts caused by the unexpected appearance of the blonde. It could be that he followed Mason to this school, this wouldn't be surprising since he was more of an idiot than most people. What would he get out of it?

Never Never
I'm a little tired.

Her facial expression showed a glimpse of slight interest in his answer, but that was all she had as a response to it as she walked behind him. Mason approached a vending machine and inputted his money, Evie was already browsing possible options as he pressed on the buttons and retrieved his snack. She didn't expect to be offered something so suddenly after, by a guy she had been nothing but a bit of an ass to. Though she didn't hesitate to answer, "of course. I'll have..." When her eyes shifted from the Vending Machine to Mason she noticed his concentration had moved elsewhere. She glimpsed at the three walking passed them, more specifically at the Hazel eyed boy. He was kinda handsome. This left a curious expression on her face, when she exchanged looks with Mason again.

"...a bag of...What was that about?" Her curiosity got the better of her even in the midst of receiving a free snack.

"He's got the hots for me," Mason spouted in a moderately joking tone, his expression playing along with this words. This was a way of trying to avoid answering the question, or at least hold it off for another time. He wanted to find out why Ed had followed him to the college before he submerged himself in being questioned about the blonde further. Of course, this wasn't to say it would play through. The male had yet to become accustomed to how Evie would respond to things, so he couldn't say what would or wouldn't work. This got him thinking about the story he'd told everyone else when everything took place just in case he did end up having to explain things. He nudged his head in the direction of the vending machine as he spoke, "You want a bag of..?" His brows raised slightly in question, waiting to see how she would respond.
Never Never

Her eyes narrowed at the clear attempt at humour, slight disappointment that she didn't get the juicy details - though what did she expect when she only knew the guy for a few minutes? She became sour again and lied to herself, well I won't have to deal with this guy for much longer - no point getting involved in that kind of thing anyway. She looked back at the vending machine to remind herself of what she wanted to get, "A bag of crisps." she answered and pointed to indicate which flavour - Cheese n Onion.

"...Cheers." she expressed gratitude for being bought food in the end, of course she did - she's not some kind of sociopath.

"No problem," he responded after getting the food managing over with. Evie's dialect and accent screamed foreigner to at least this area, but it was easy to guess what she meant. Before he took lead to the stairs again he opened the wrapper to his candy bar and started eating it as he thudded down the steps. Once reaching the first floor, he started in the direction of the housing office, winding through other students who crowded part of the corridor until it opened up into a widely spaced room. There, tucked in the corner of the area was a wall lined with windows that showed off the office desks with their owners and people sitting inside with their backs facing the glass. Mason pressed against the door to open it and held it open behind him with his foot for Evie. When they made it inside he noticed more than one familiar face. Belinda Rogers, the dark skinned, friendly faced woman sitting behind the desk, and Ed sitting in the corner of the room with his arms crossed and his legs spread in a sort of slouch. Ed held a sullen expression as if he was bored which amused Mason to an extent. However, this amusement was short lived as the student ahead of them finally finished with what they were doing and allowed the two of them to be next.
"Well, well, if it isn't Mr. Spence," the older woman greeted him with a welcoming smile and humored tone, her aged eyes crinkling into crows feet. "Hello Mrs. Rogers," he responded with a soft familiarity to his voice and flashed a friendly smile, the first one he had shown that day. Belinda then gently pat her hand against the front of the desk just as she started to speak again, "What is it you need, boy?" Mason watched and kept the same tone about him as he spoke although a less soft, ignoring the sudden loud noise of a printer sounding from a back room, "There's a problem with our room arrangements," he motioned back at Evie, "We've been placed in the same room. I pa-" he was cut off by a sound Belinda made with her lips. "Mason, are you saying sharing a room with his pretty young lady is a problem?" Belinda had an amused brow cocked now, the whole question riling a mocking snort from Ed in the corner of the room. "Now, you know that's not what I'm saying, but I did pay extra for a single and I doubt the policy on having co-ed dorms meant sharing rooms," He was quick to respond after hearing the eavesdropper, but his mannerisms hadn't changed. He still seemed to hold friendly understanding for Belinda's joking air despite actually being a little annoyed with her.

Never Never

Evie took the crisps from him and then continued to follow as they moved through the College, she took the opportunity to eat her snack as she stuck behind Mason, going down the steps and winding through the students that had occupied the corridors. They eventually reached their destination, the boy was kind enough again the hold the door for her as she entered, crumpling up and sticking the crisps wrapper in her pocket. She flashed a smile at the woman, Belinda. It seemed as though she knew Mason, that wasn't good - and the boy then spoke to her. She needed to interrupt to get her word in this, but Belinda had beaten her to it and turned it around - shutting Evie up before she could even say anything. She had a small red haze that only lasted for a second hit her cheeks when she was complimented, her attention turns to a snort from another side of the room. It was that other Fellow Mason was watching earlier, maybe he actually did have the hots for Mason and was jealous? No no, that's a bit big headed Evie it was a Joke.

She did feel bad after hearing that he paid specifically for a single room, maybe it was her that was invading his privacy and not the other way around which she had constructed in her head. She didn't mind sharing, but it was a hit to the system that it was a guy. She now felt like she had nothing to really say on the matter. "I could um... move out and into my Boyfriend's dorm until a space for me is available elsewhere?" She played with her fingers anxiously, though her voice remained calm and confident. She hated the idea she had just suggested, and the fact that he already shared with someone was going to make it even more cramped for the three of them. Why'd she suggest that? It was unhealthy and dumb. Evie looked sadly at Mason.

Wert Wert

Belinda had listened to both of the students responses intently causing a concerned smile to surface on her wrinkled lips before she responded, "I'll make no promises, but I'll get someone to looking into it and be with you shortly. However, I can say that Mason, you wont be able to get that single room due to how packed we are this year- don't worry about the money, I'll contact financial services and let them know that you need a return, and that we can't place more than two students to a room, Miss. If you'll both wait here, I'll have a proper response to your situation soon." Mason was pleased that she had taken on a more professional tone, even if she couldn't lose that kindness she always had around her. He was a little disappointed that he couldn't get a single, letting a sigh escape him before he glanced over to Evie who seemed a little upset, sad even. Curiosity flickered in his eyes for a second before he let it die and made a way to one of the chairs. Unfortunately, There weren't many seats so he sat within a one chair distance of Ed, leaving only one chair on the other side of himself open. Ed was visibly disrupted from the sudden closeness, shifting in his seat as if he was nervous. The movement caught Mason's attention while he finished eating his candy bar and he watched the blonde, eliciting a response from him, "What are you staring at, creep?"
Creep and loser, nicknames Ed adopted to giving Mason after meeting him years ago, for no reason other than 'he felt like it'. "Nothing at all," the dark haired male responded and turned his head to peer at the office desk seated in from of him. This only seemed to make the blonde more agitated, bringing Evie into the mix, "Well, I bet you feel happy to have a girl as a roommate. Say, I wouldn't be surprised if you could already tell me what he's like in bed." Ed's voice was mocking and he was obviously trying to rile one of them up. However, the smug expression on his face was short lived as the black eye'd boy quickly retorted, "Why don't you ask Sarah?" He didn't bother to look at Ed when he said it, he already knew the mixture of shock and aggression that'd be plastered on his face. "Boys," Belinda butted in when Ed grabbed Mason's arm, "If you want to fight, do it off campus. I'm sure the walk alone would be enough to clear your minds so you can stop acting like children." The blonde let go and settled back into his seat, a visibly embarrassed look covering his face. Mason didn't seem phased with embarrassment, but instead a bit bored. He looked towards Evie and expressed a condolence for her being brought into it, "Sorry."

Never Never

Evie was glad Belinda gave that answer anyway, she just nodded in response to her stepping outside for a moment. She would've let out a sigh of relief, but showing the fact that she was okay with not moving in with her boyfriend and his mate might've looked a bit strange. However, her original worries returned. It can't be as bad though right? I'm sure he'd understand the situation. When Evie finally looked around she'd noticed Mason had moved to a seat, she took a couple steps in that direction to be closer to the two boys and was about to speak, however the air became aggressive as the two exchanged. Well this wasn't good, staying out of it was the best course of action until she got dragged into it - then she had no choice but to retort also. Mason said something about a girl called Sarah which seemed to shut him up, this was the perfect opportunity to throw something in there before anyone else said or did anything; Her anxiousness was gone and she had placed a hand on her hip, leaning forward slightly she let out which much sass, "Oh Yeah you little fuck? go ask Sarah!" She had no idea what this really meant, she just knew it touched a nerve and made her feel slightly better. It did however almost get physical, which made her reel back slightly, though was quickly thwarted by our friendly neighbourhood Belinda.

When things calmed down slightly, Mason apologised to Evie, "No need for you to be sorry." her eyes locked on the boy she called Handsome in her mind earlier, causing her to be annoyed her even more - she unintentionally let out a snarl in his direction. She then turned back to Belinda, waiting for her to tell them the 'Proper response' to the situation.

Ed kept to his corner, bouncing one of his legs in an anxious rhythm until he was called to the desk. Mason exchanged a quick look with the blonde who was obviously still bothered by what he and Evie had said, carrying a hint of fear in his eyes that struck an idea into the dark haired male's head. "Ed," Belinda handed him a heavy envelope once the boy made it over to her, "I need you to fill this out and bring it back to me before the fifth." With a shaken nod, Ed left the office with envelope in hand and disappeared into the corridor. It was a few more minutes until Belinda finally called the two roommates to attention, handing them both a few printed pieces of paper stapled together by placing them on the front of the desk. "Now, I know this situation is complicated, but we wont be able to move anyone until at least a week. I spoke to the Dean about the co-ed issue, but he said we will just have to overlook it until we can get you two situated in different rooms. If you want to have a place held for you two, I'll need these papers filled out and turned in to me by tomorrow morning. I'm sorry, but there is not much else that I can do for you. You got a headstart coming in person, though," The dark skinned women seemed amused, "We've gotten so many emails about the dorms that it's hard for my old mind to keep up." That was that, Belinda derailed into moving paperwork about her work area and mumbled to herself in a joking tone, "oo I can't wait until that assistant gets in."
"Have a good day, Mrs. Rogers," Mason sounded as he took one of the stacks of stapled paper and looked at it with brows raised due to the amount of things there were to fill out. He left the office and tossed his candy bar wrapper into the trash bin next to the door. None of this came to a surprised to him, he'd gone in knowing what the outcome would be even if he was looking forward to a single. Now what? It was almost noon now, bringing Mason to realize how much time was actually spent in the office as he looked up from his watch.

Never Never

Evie took the papers into her hand, it was quite the stack - she chewed on her lip, this was such a drag. Maybe she had made a bit of an overreaction? But Mason wanted the room to himself anyway. He had moved along before she could speak to him about it, she walked out and stood in the doorway as he walked off, "Mason!" She stood a firm ground, waiting for him to acknowledge being called out.

"I may have overreacted... a little. If you want the room to yourself you can have it and I'll fill the papers out." It's not like he'd been a bastard, quite the opposite really. It was her that'd been the aggressive one so she'd understand why he'd want her gone on top of wanting a single. "I'm really the one who should be apologising." She realised she'd probably have to start unpacking tomorrow now.

Mason turned to face Evie and listen to her when his name was called out. "Uh," he wasn't sure how he should respond in this situation, thinking quickly of something that might be suitable, "It's okay, you haven't bothered me. Besides, I can't get a single either way so I'll have to get over it sooner or later." He toyed with the papers in his hands and looked down the hallway in thought before continuing to speak, "I don't mind if you want to take care of the papers. Um..If it'll help you any, I have somewhere I can stay for tonight. It's not a problem." It would be easy to worm his way into someone else's room for a night and he already had a good idea who he'd target should he need to. It's always nice to be prepared.

Sorry this is so short. Never Never

Evie didn't want the boy to just leave her the room and find another, that'd make her feel worse - however she had a conflict in her mind; what would she have to say to him that'd be less selfish. It was hard to satisfy everyone's feelings, I guess the decision is ultimately up to him, "You don't have to do that for me, but okay. And I'll make a decision."

She quickly walked passed him, not making eye contact as she strutted her way back to her room with her stack of paper. She remembered the way back and which room, unlocking it. As she opened the door she got a text, checked it and let out a sigh. Just as she walked into her room she yelped as she was grabbed from behind around her waist, her heart smacked against her chest as she cocked her head to the side to see a familiar black haired boy. She managed to weasel around in his tight grip to face him as he prodded his nose into her neck. "I didn't think you'd be here so quickly, you only just text me."

"I thought it'd be a nice surprise!" He chuckled and planted a little smooch on her shoulder, she grinned nervously and wrapped her arms back around his waist. Though tried to gain some distance with her upper body so she could see him, this just in return made him press harder against her, tightening his grip. Evie gasped a laugh, but managed to soften her voice, "You really missed me huh?"

"Of course." His grip loosened as he now actually looked at her.

Mason followed slowly after Evie, although distance ranged between the two. He almost entered the room before he noticed someone else was in there and quickly stepped back out of view. The memory of Evie mentioning a boyfriend before flashed to his mind and made the male bite his lip in thought. It was problematic, he couldn't think of a situation where a boyfriend finding out his girlfriend was rooming with another guy ended well. He bit his lip and slipped away from the room to climb down to the second floor and sit on the bench that neighbored the vending machines to wait. Eventually he grabbed another snack from the machine and started to eat it so he didn't stick out like a sore thumb. This went on until he noticed more people leaving their rooms and he checked his watch. It was lunch time, at least for anyone who ate using meal plans. After watching the crowd for a familiar face he finally caught Ed coming out of a room that must've been his. Mason swiftly stood, taking the half eaten bag of gummy worms with him as he melded into the crowd before Ed could take notice of his presence. Once he made it to the cafeteria he moved slowly along with the other people, grabbing some food and shifting through the tables with his eyes until he found who he was looking for. After acquiring his target he plopped down into the seat across from the other student at an otherwise empty table with an visibly fake grin, "I think we need to talk, Ed."
Ed tensed in his seat, his jaws coming to a slow clench as dark brown eyes bore into him, "What do you want?" He didn't sound nervous, but he also didn't notice all of the other signs he was giving off that said otherwise. This wasn't anything new, he was never good at hiding most of his emotions. "I think you know, Ed," Mason's voice had changed to an taunting, sing-songy tune which made the blonde feel a little unsettled even though the one sitting across from him was now playing with his food. They exchanged a few glances in silence before the dark haired boy disrupted it, " I want to know why you followed me to this school." Ed cursed at himself internally, he hadn't realized he'd be caught on to so early. A nervous twinge echoed in his voice, "I don't know what you're talking about." This response caused Mason's expression to shift into a bored one as he sighed and Ed looked away, unable to make eye contact with him. "You're cute, Ed, but you're a bad liar. A full ride to more extravagant colleges anywhere in the country and you choose this one. The one Sarah told you I'd be attending." Mason, now sipping juice out of a straw, stared at the blonde and waited for a response. Ed knew he was being cornered, but he didn't know how to get out of it. His ears were painted red from embarrassment, "if you're so smart, why don't you figure it out?" Of course, it could be that he already knew and Ed was just making a further fool of himself, but he was unsure. Out of all the interactions they two have had, this was the first time that Mason ever presented interest in him or complimented him. Although it played into Ed's attraction, it also made him feel disgusted. Ed scrambled to try and gather his courage even if his voice was now a whisper, "I saw you, that night." He couldn't bring himself to make eye contact until he noticed a slow surprised rise on Mason's face, "I know what you did." The black eyes that had been dancing between their food and Ed's finally took a new direction towards the area around them as the male spoke sternly, "This isn't the place to discuss that." Mason turned the bad choice of setting onto Ed, and he blonde took it without even realizing, "Then...where?" Their interaction was disrupted when a girl with blue eyes and dyed red hair took a seat next to Ed and nudged him on the shoulder, "Heyyy!" This meant it was time for Mason to leave, and so he did after dismissing the random person that Ed seemed familiar with and dumping his food. With drink still in hand, he sauntered out of the building and sat on one of the benches outside, people watching. "Wow, Ed, I didn't know you had a thing for the dark and brooding type," the redhead chortled," At least he's hot, amiright?" Ed shot her an annoyed look, "Fuck off and stay away from him, Liz. He's a creep." Liz held her hand's up as if she had a gun pointed at her, "hey, you're the one that was talking to him, not me. You know I like women, I can just appreciate when anyone looks good." This was almost given a snarky retort when two familiar faces joined them and Ed got caught up in chattering with his friends.

Never Never

Moments had passed in her room, which left Evie sitting up on her bed and Connor now standing next to it. He looked like he was mostly done -thank god-, but before he bid farewell he looked around the room and shrugged, "Surprised your roommate still hasn't popped in yet." Evie rubbed her arm and smiled at him, there was a hint of sadness to her smile, but it was always looked passed. "Well it's a good thing they didn't huh?"

Connor flashed a creepy grin at her, "Well I was kind of hoping to meet her." he then shrugged and walked towards the door, "I've got to go meet Stuart, Cya Later!" Evie nodded happily at him as he left the room and closed the door. Her face dropped, her false smile became a look of slight horror. He'd already assumed her roommate was a she, luckily Mason didn't follow her, must've had business elsewhere. She suddenly regained herself, forced the tears down and adjusted her shirt. The Blue eyed girl then glanced back at the papers, her made almost made up she grabbed them and began filling them out hurriedly. She had to get out. But she didn't realise that she never would with Connor.

Suddenly Evie's phone buzzed, shocking her out of her paper signing frenzy. She swiped her phone from next to her and looked at it's screen. It was her friend Stephanie, seemed she'd also arrived to the College, the message just read "Where'ya right now babe?" Evie grinned, this was better. She texted back and then left her mobile back by her side. Instead of returning to her papers she lay back with her arm over her eyes.

At some point during his people watching, Mason ended up lying down and closing his eyes. He drifted into his thoughts and seemed quite peaceful until something, or rather someone, weighed against his stomach for an instant and caused him to drop his drink, "hey-" "I'm so sosososo sorry, I wasn't paying attention," After opening his eyes to a girl repeatedly apologizing to him he sat up and spoke in a joking tone, "not even going to take me to dinner first." Dark eyes looked her over, taking in the details of her athletic yet chunky figure and resting on a face riddled with embarrassment and amusement. "I'm joking, it's fine," he sounded once again after a short, slightly nervous laugh from the girl. "If you...don't mind," She grabbed the camera that hung around her neck and sat down on the now empty side of the bench only to change her position a few times until she was at a rather awkward angle with the camera close to her face. He could hear a few clicks before she settled back into a standing position, "Sorry, I just had to get a picture of the building from here. It's the perfect spot with this lighting- I'm Maiya," She held out a hand with a friendly smile on her face and quickly put the camera into a case she had slung around her shoulder after they had shaken hands. "Mason," he responded and was going to continue before she butted in to say, "How about I buy you a new drink? I feel like I owe you since I sat on you." She had a somewhat flirty air about her that Mason didn't seem to mind because he was dreadfully bored. He complied and she disappeared into the cafeteria, emerging from the building with two cups and straws. They sat outside and chatted, mostly her droning on about why she came to the school until she decided it was time for her to leave and they exchanged goodbyes. It was good that he was getting to know more people, even if he didn't plan on talking to most of them much. It helped him pass the time.
Never Never

Evie strained as she slowly rose from lying down, she walked over to her door and opened it since it had been knocked on a few moments prior she grinned at the face that was on the opposite side of the doorway. The blue eyed girl was greeted by a loud hug, which she happily returned. It was definitely a lot more comforting than earlier. They eventually let go of one another and Evie gestured her in, "Stephanie, come in - so glad to see you." The two got comfortable on Evie's bed and caught up on each other's lives. It'd been a couple weeks since they last saw each other since Stephanie was away on holiday.

"Ya know, Evie I didn't expect you to come to this college of all places, thought you'd might want some distance." Stephanie's expression was a little more serious, she cared for her best friend and Evie knew this, she just wished that she could talk about happy things all the time with Stephanie, she was only human. Evie held her arm, "This place does the course I want." She didn't look at her friend when making that response. Stephanie could tell that she didn't want to talk about it, letting out a sigh. "We should hang out for a whole day before lessons start, I'll spoil you." They both laughed, Stephanie got up and looked at the other bed, "Oh my god, I want to meet your roommate! Are they nice?" Evie's laugh slowly droned to a stop and nodded in response, "Yeah, kinda." She quickly flashed a glance at the papers she was filling in earlier, a sick feeling rising in her stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back