• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Story to later be named

SimpleGuy

Struggler
<p>

So I get this rough idea of a man who is living a happy life with his family and works as a blacksmith back in medieval times. He trains with a greatsword and is quite good at it but eventually gets murdered. Before he dies though he promises that nothing will happen to his family. Up in heaven God is a physical person and heaven and its Angels are all physical things. In this world God is not entirely all powerful he relies on the help of his angels. The main character goes up to heaven and tells God what happened. God tells him he can protect his family with his sword and all that jazz. Eventually the Devil and the most pure evils attempt to screw with his family because he is believed to be the most vulnerable to evil. The main character in thinking off is basically an antihero who works with God to protect his family. He cannot physically get to earth unless he has the help of God and cannot stay there for very long. I'm sorry if this all felt randomly put together but like I said it's a very rough idea. Any suggestions are welcome.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a lot of foundation and just need a way to build up from there. I can't help but continue the story in my mind, and this is the idea I came to.

What if he can't return to Earth and God won't help him because only Angels leave heaven. But instead, the promise is fulfilled that he can help his family with his sword another way.

That being, whenever someone picks up his sword, he can possess them, wherein they gain all his fighting skills and experiences. They share a mind and body until the person drops the sword. When this happens his mind returns to heaven.

Just a random idea but it opens up a lot of potential awesome story moments if everything hinges on a person having to wield the sword and anything could change depending on who that person is, his wife, his kid, an agent of the devil. What do you think?

I had never even thought of something like that I had the idea of a sort of invisible protector. Like he was never physically there but he was their in spirit. I had the cool idea that he would be on iffy terms with God so that it'd be hard for him to get to earth physically. I thought that would be a cool story moment if eventually he had to come down to earth to fight off a threat. That whole scene of him appearing before his wife and child and protecting them after potentially years of not being there sounded quite dramatic in my head.

Yeah, the iffy terms with god is a great idea. Could be an interesting relationship there. You could even do a duel perspectives, one from him up in Heaven trying to figure a way out without catching Gods attention, and the other from the wife or someone at home.

I was thinking of having something akin to that. The duel perspective thing is spot on. The main character would be an angel chillin in heaven but would take up the sword and kill to protect his family. God would have an issue with the means of his protection and he wouldn't agree with him on it but it would be done.

He is basically a good guy who kills for his family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back