• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Story time...

Soul Stealer

The Active Inactive
I'm pretty sure I'm getting the tread's Prefix right... xD

I'm bored, so I'm going to share short stories here that I write. I've wanted to write from a young age, and I have been writing stories for years, it's been getting me in trouble in class ever since third grade xD

Anyways... I can do sections of a longer story if you want... yeah... I'll just do that. Feel free to add your comments but try to fit it all in one msg so it's not too cluttery >.>

So here you go!

Prologue, I guess..

A young girl is woken up in the middle of the night by footsteps. "Hello?" She whispers, already scared. Hopefully she'd remembered to lock the main door..? "Who is it..?" The footsteps slow down, then stop. She holds her breath as the footsteps start again, this time barely audibly. The steps reach her room, and stop there. The door opens slowly, and the girl grabs her younger brother's wooden sword that she keeps in her room so that her brother doesn't try and se it on the house during the night. She holds it in front of her. "W-Who's there?" She asks frantically, softly. Her younger brother walks in quietly. "What are you doing with my sword?" He asks, confused. "It's not supposed to be used at night." The sister hesitates. "Well... I was just..." She mutters something as she sets the sword down. "What are you doing up so early?" She asks. Her brother shrugs. "Tell me a story," he says, and hops onto her bed, the springs squeaking. "It's four in the morning," she says wearily, looking at the clock to make sure. Her brother crosses his arms. "Tell me a story," he repeats stubbornly. The girl smiles. "Ok, ok. This story is about a boy, just like you..."

Chapter One?

"Once upon a time, there was a young boy who lived in a great kingdom. He wanted to grow up to be a knight, and every day he'd practice sword fighting all day. But when he was old enough, he was turned down. "Too skinny," they said. "Too short." He kept on practicing and practicing until he was 16. Then, he challenged one of the knights who had been training just as long as he had, but with the other knights. He defeated them and they finally realized how good he was. They let him in and he was a commander. He fought many battles with his skill and never killed a person who he didn't have a fair reason to do so, you know, only the bad guys. The people really liked him, so he was sent on a mission to explore and find something, anything, and bring it back. He found a princess trapped in a tower defended by a dragon. The knight recognized the dragon's power as far beyond his own, so he approached the dragon and threw his sword to the ground. Unlike the things that say that dragons are just brutes with wings, dragons are even more sentient and smart than humans. He let the knight get the princess and bring her back to the kingdom. The princess fell in live with him and he fell in love with the princess, and they both married, and they eventually left the man's kingdom so he could live with the princess in her own kingdom, which she knew she was about to get, and declared her marriage. The people in the town cheered, and adored the knight as much as they did the princess, and they became king and queen. The knight, or the king, was a fair ruler and o-" Her whispering of a story is interrupted by a knock on the door, the front door. "Stay here," the girl urgently tells her brother. "But Mary-" Mary cuts him off. "I am your older sister so you will do as I say in this moment," she says urgently, and it must have worked, because he didn't follow her as she went to the door. She left her room and peeked out of the peephole of the front door, but didn't see one. She opened the door and had the sensation of numbness before collapsing. She could barely make out a man picking her up and carrying her away.

Chapter Two.

Mary wakes up in the living room of her house on the couch beside her brother. Across from her is the man who carried her away, though perhaps "away" had been inside her house. Maybe she was overreacting. She heard them talking. "Yes, your sister is in great danger, Alex." Mary sits upright. "What do you mean?" she demands softly, as to not wake their parents. The man looks at her and she feels angry that Alex had told him his name, although the worried look in his eyes makes her angry thoughts wither. "I'm sorry. I didn't know it would affect you like that," he says. "What?!" She asked. The man dips his head. "It is a radio of sorts, it projects out certain radio waves which made you pass out when they entered your ear. I'm sorry, that doesn't happen barely ever." Mary is confused. "Explain," she demands. The man clears his throat. "Yes. Your parents have disappeared, perhaps taken to be asked of information about you. When they say they don't know anything, they will send them back here. You will not be so safe. They are looking for you, and you will be taken. You must run to wake up already!" Mary jumps awake at the floor in front of the front door. She doesn't see anyone and it's still nighttime. "What a dream," she muttered, and closed and locked the door, then walks back up to her room. "Let me sleep," she says tiredly as she enters her room, but her brother is already asleep in her bed. She crawls in bed beside him and snuggles him close, falling asleep into a dreamless sleep.

The next morning, Mary wakes up and sits up. Alex is no longer in the bed. "Alex?" she quietly calls out to her younger brother. He must have downstairs. She gets out of bed and looks at her alarm clock. 11 AM? Good thing it's summer... She walks out of the room and hears her parents in the kitchen, along with Alex. She walks downstairs and into the kitchen. "Good morning," she says. Her mother has her brown shoulder-length hair into a ponytail and a jacket on, along with high-heels. "Meeting?" She asks her, and gets a nod and a kiss on the forehead. "Morning," her father says from the table, sipping a cup of coffee. Her brother smiles at her. She had a better relationship with her younger brother than most, and she was grateful for that. It was mostly because of Alex, though. For so young, he was very considerate of other people. "Hey," he says. "I want to go somewhere today, not just sit around all day like we did yesterday," he says with a very bored tone, and Mary grins. "Your mom and I are both going to be very busy today, and Emily is coming over." Emily, Alex's babysitter, was a tall and lean woman in her early twenties who didn't go to college so she could help her family. Se told good stories that even Alex was able to appreciate. "Maybe she'll tell a story like last night," Mary tells him, and Alex looks at her, confused. "What?" Mary blinks. "Oh. Never mind." Their father stands up and gives their mother a kiss. "See you this afternoon," he tells Alex and Mary before exiting the house to go to wherever he needed to be with his carpentry job. Their mother gives them a kiss on the cheek each before leaving, passing Emily on her way in. "Hello," she says cheerily to them. Alex runs over to Emily and gives her a hug. "Tell us a story," he demands. Emily chuckles. "Not so fast, mister. I want to show you two someplace." Mary frowns. "I want to stay home," Alex says, clearly thinking the same thing Mary is. Emily shrugs and sits down in a chair at the table. "In that case, I'll tell you a story."

Really interesting! It's an interesting premise and the endings are very good hooks. It's a little hard to read since there's no paragraphs, but I really want to know what happens next!

Sorry about that xD

Thanks! No time to type these up lately do you'll just have to hang so with me, ok? xD

:D

Emily thinks for a moment while Alex and Mary wait impatiently. "Once apon a time," she started slowly, "There was a great forest, where the trees were made of the greatest riches, silver for wood, gold for each individual leaf. And in this forest lived a man, who lived all on his own, with nobody else. Can you imagine? He went through the forests, gathering plants to eat and avoiding the scary beasts that lived within!" She paused, clearly waiting for the obvious question to follow.

"What beasts?" Alex asks, his eyes wide with apprehension.

Emily smiles. "Great, big bears, with sharp claws and sharp teeth and a huge appetite! He could eat many people in a day, so the man had to be careful. He had a hut in the forest, where he stayed every once in a while. He checked by once a month to make sure everything was in order. But this is not any ordinary man! He was part of a alternate race of ours, just like us on the outside, but much different in here." She taps her head. "They lived much different lives than we do. He carried a sword in case of trouble, but he rarely got into any.

"Why did he live out in the forest? Where's his home?" Alex asks softly.

Emily's face grew pained. "He used to live in a great city, far beyond the rest of its world, technologically speaking. But he was accused of terrible things that he did not commit. In fact, those things never even happened! Death and fear was rumored of him, yet he was completely innocent. He was banished to the forest, where they expected him to die, but he became one with the forest, part of it. It doesn't seem fair," Emily said, cutting off what Alex was going to say. "But it's just how it was."

"One day, however, while the man visited his hut in the middle of the forest, he found a human there! A human like our kind of human, which was easily recognizable from them, despite similar appearances. The man discovered he had a curse, given to him by powers unknown, but decided to help the human, because, without his help, the human, well, she would have died. The curse was a terrible curse, unrecorded of, thankfully for the story, or it'd be longer, which made the two even being within a mile radius difficult without the man being afraid he'd hurt her. Humans were so fragile compared to them, it seemed. So he set out, leaving the woman behind to find a way to destroy the curse so he wouldn't be afraid of hurting anyone. He didn't want to leave her behind, as they had become friends, but he knew it was better if he did. Although I would love to get into the next part of the story, you two are probably hungry, aren't you?"

Alex's stomach grumbles, right on cue, and Mary giggles. "Yes, Emily," Alex said, grinning from ear to ear. Emily stands up, also smiling. "Sandwich?" She suggests.

Last edited by a moderator:
While the two ate their sandwiches at the table, Emily sitting beside Mary, Alex piped up cautiously. "Emily... the story you told us today was kind of... confusing. It wasn't as fluid as your other stories."

Emily shrugged. "It was a random idea, and I was making it up as I went. Let me tell you a secret, though," she says, leaning forward, "that all of my stories, except for that one, was planned before I came. I want to publish a book someday. Not becoming an author, mind you, just publishing some books along with running an ordinary job like the rest of us."

Alex frowns. "Us? But Mary and I don't have jobs."

Emily laughs. "Not just us three. I mean almost everyone else as us, living lives somewhat similar to ours."

"Oh," Alex says, apparently satisfied with the answer. There is a few minutes of silence as they sit, Alex and Mary eating their sandwiches, although Alex isn't very focused on the sandwich in his hands.

When they finish, Emily frowns. "I just remembered I have a bit of work to catch up on. Will you two be ok for a few minutes?" Mary nods as she stands to put up her plate. Emily sighs, relieved. "Thank you. I'll be a few minutes." She walks out of the room quickly.

Mary puts her plate away and turns back to the table. She sees the distant look on Alex's face and walks over to him. "Alex? What are you thinking about?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back