• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Stories From A Demon's Heart

DemonKitten

Handler of Souls, Destroyer of Hearts

I bid you hello and welcome to my place of wonder. I shall post short stories here or chapters from my books as well.

This first one I post is a prologue to a story that I never quite finished. I did, but I ended up deleting the ending because it wasn't great enough. A little back story first though. The little girl is one of our main characters. She is a twin and she was adopted by a scientist and his wife who could not have children. The woman has adopted many children, but due to her husband has gone quite insane to so the children sort of run things. I got the idea of the cruel girls from the game "Rule of Rose" which is lovely you should check out. Anyway, the world they are in is a futuristic one where everything is falling apart due to war. The only people doing extremely well are the extremely rich. Everyone else, even with a nice sum of money, seems to be suffering. The scientist is trying to create human hybrids that are a mix of animals so that they may fight in the war. This is one of the reasons the wife has to adopt so many children, because most end up missing. He isn't very successful. Mainly, the children turn into full scale animals instead of half. Anyway, I now start you on the story.

“No, No, Let go of me!” Hands, filthy hands grabbed at a petite child that cowered in the corner of the living room that was so void of love. The child’s voice was hoarse and her eyes stung from the dust particles that floated around as they ripped her away from the security of the wall. She dug her nails with in the floor, breaking them as the hands continued to yank and claw at her small, scrawny legs. She whimpered “Please stop” and they did, but only for a moment for a slight light had managed to peek through the drawn shades that draped over the window. The little girl could see her tormentors as well as the blood that dried around what was left of her fingernails. The persecutors were all children, female children, ranging from the youngest being six and the oldest being ten.

“Well sisters, she has done such wrong since coming to our home, what should her punishment be?” The oldest one spoke. She had brunette hair and faded green eyes. Actually, she was quite pretty if it was not for the fact her clothes were torn and her heart was warped by her fake image of family.

Next to her was a girl about eight with short rag doll colored blonde hair and glasses with hazel eyes behind them. Her face was dotted with freckles and she held a book close to her. “It is her third offence and we know what that means,”

Another girl looked up but showed no caring for the events that were around her. She was short, boy like but cute with dark, almost black hair cut in a close bob and with grey eyes. She spoke not a word as the six year old next to her gave an interested smirk that begged for acceptance. Adorable, the youngest may have been but even with her bright red hair, light skin, and light olive eyes she was still just as cruel as the others. “What are we going to do to her?” The oldest just grinned and grabbed the cowering child’s legs as the others followed her actions. Once again they began to yank her across the wooden floor. She yelped in fear more than pain but they paid her no mind. No longer could her nails grip into the wood so she was forced to, unwillingly, drag along trying to grab whatever her hands could find. She was just too small, too weak, and too sickly to escape from the healthier girls’ grasps. Her pale, dulled blue eyes watered but the fragile child was too weary to cry.

The torturous drag came to a stop in front of an unopened, stained, wooden door. The eldest opened the door to allow the others to go in. As they dragged their victim into the residence of the room, the eldest stepped on her hands getting a slight squeal from the dirtied girl. Once her whole body was hauled in she saw only a cage large enough to hold poultry, but just tiny enough to torture a small child. The cage was located in the center of the room that only contained one small, bared and blinded window and the wooden door they had entered. Without a moment of warning, she was pushed into the metal enclosure in which the child could barely turn around.
Click.

“Now until you learn to listen to your elder siblings, you will be forced to remain in here,” The other girls giggled as the glasses one spoke the conditions. In unison they bowed “Goodbye” and vanished into the darkness of the door opening.

She didn’t even try to call for help or ask to be set free.
What was the point? Her thoughts whimpered, they would just torture her even more. Instead, she curled her knees under her folded arms, resting her head upon them. It was better to be trapped in this inhumane cage than forced to tiptoe around those girls. A chirp came from the only other opening and she looked up to see a small, Jay bird starring at her with unnatural green eyes. It flew towards her and she reached out a hand for it to perch. The Jay gazed into the girl’ blue eyes as if trying to tell her something that it just couldn’t form words for. A noise came from the hallway and the bird franticly started flapping its wings but did not or could not chirp. It was trying to warn her but the little girl was locked in so it wasn’t like she could do much so the bird remained even when liquid, sapphire eyes shown from the dim opening revealing sharp fangs. The creature regarded the Jay upon the girls hand but when it noticed her its mouth closed. Her blue eyes locked in a gaze with the creature until footsteps came from farther down the hallway. The creature turned away from the doorway and whimpered. It vanished past the opening, trying to lead the footsteps along with it. “Wait, what was so interesting in this doorway, mutt?” the voice of a man, middle age came from just around the shadowy corner. The man entered as the creature, which turned out to be a dog, barked. Before the girl had time to react, he grabbed the Jay and grinned at it. His aged eyes glared insanely at the tiny bird.

“No,” she gave a slight yelp as the crazed man squeezed the life out of her feathered friend. It squealed but its lungs were crushed giving off an eerie sound. The girl flinched as the man dropped the feathered mess to the ground right in front of her frozen figure.

“Another failure and she was such a pretty little thing too,” The man brushed off his hand on his lab coat and was about to leave until he remembered he was not the only one in the room. He turned back and kneeled next the cage.

“You look just like him,” She cringed and tried to scoot back into a smaller space. He reached a hand into the cage to touch a strand of her platinum hair. “He escaped from me but you…you my dear will be my break through!” He jumped up and threw a key into the empty doorway but it never clang to the ground. “Unlock this cage, mutt, and get this child ready. I will no longer be called a fool!” The man vanished but in his place stood a young boy with golden blonde hair and the same sapphire eyes that gazed at her through the doorway. He walked towards the cage and unlatched it but she was still in shock by the brutal murder of the Jay bird.

“Come on out. You can trust me,” Shivering she looked up, soothed by his calm voice as his hand reached out to pull her away from this nightmare. Taking his hand, he led her away from the part of the house she knew. He brought her to a room that appeared clean and not aged unlike the rest of the house. “Here,” He handed her clothes and gave a comforting smile that melted the weariness from her own expression. “Go in there and take a shower,” He pointed to a white door just to the back of the room. She nodded but did not dare to speak a word. He gave her a concerned look but the girl smiled and walked to the shower before words could probe for answers.

The clothes she had been given were not practical. They were made out of some odd fabric and only covered her stomach, butt, and the knees. It was a greyish color and as she looked in the mirror she noticed her no longer dirtied platinum mane even her eyes glowed with an icy sparkle. A knock came from the door. “Hey, petite, you done?” She opened the door making him shuffle backwards. He gave a crooked grin. “Lookie there! As cute as a kitten. I think I’ll call you chaton,” Her icy eyes gleamed as he nicknamed her. He patted her on the head and showed her a plate of fresh food that sat on the bed. Darting to the bed, she shoved a roll in her mouth before she even got settled. It had been awhile since she ate last with those other girls always stealing her food. She looked over, with stuffed cheeks, at the sound of chuckling. The boy sat on the edge of the bed. “You don’t have to rush, chaton,” Another soft smile that melted the distrust in her heart and she gave a full cheeked grin before swallowing. Eating a little slower, she studied the boy and her surroundings. The room was pretty plain with white walls and greyish tiled floors. There were no windows and the only light came from a single bulb hanging from the ceiling. She wiggled farther on the bed which was covered in mismatched quilts and only had one pillow. In fact, the bed was the only furniture in the room except for a small, grey dresser across from it.

“Chaton? Do you feel better?” Glancing down, she noticed that the food was gone and her stomach no longer ached with hunger. She bobbed her head up and down and gave a full smile. “That’s good.” He ruffled her hair and gave a warm look as she purred under his hand. The little child, feeling safe for the first time in months, closed her eyes and started to fall towards the tray in front of her. Catching her, the wolf boy pushed the tray aside and she laid her head in his lap as he stroked her hair as she slept.

When she awoke, her head rested on the pillow with the covers over her tightly. “Are you up chaton?” Stretching, she turned her head to the owner of the voice. Before she could answer, the man in the lab coat pushed the boy aside. “AH! Look at her!” He went to touch her hair as she flinched and closed her eyes tightly. A growl made her open them just a slight bit. The wolf boy had a hold of his master’s arm and revealed sharp canines. In anger, the man slapped the boy and flung him across the room. The little girl squealed and went to run to his side but was jerked back harshly. “Now, now,” He pulled her close to his face to examine her. Going limp in his grasp, the fragile child let him treat her as a show dog. “Very weak, but I don’t have time to wait!” He dropped her back on the bed with a thud as the wolf boy shifted to glare at his master. The man kicked him and received a whimper. “Next time, remember your place, MUTT!” Lifting himself on all four, the boy pushed himself back up as he shifted back in pain. “Good. Prepare her,” With that, he vanished and shut the door.

Running a hand through his messing blonde hair, the wolf boy turned to the child on the bed as he saw tears stain her cheeks. “Chaton,” Wiping the tears from her face, he lifted her up from the bed to stand on her feet. “Don’t fret. You will survive,” He smiled and she matched him as he beckoned her to follow him out the door. The man in the lab coat was standing by a computer typing away. The boy led the child through the dim lit room towards a plastic cage. The man turned to see them approaching. “Ah, good. I’m glad to see you have made the right decision,” The boy held back a growl rumbling in his throat as the little girl pressed closer to his back. “Here,” He reached for the girl, but the wolf boy didn’t move. His eyebrow crinkled above his blue eyes in worry. He didn’t want to give her to him, but he was not in any position to fight as he was tossed aside and she was pulled towards a table to strap her down. She opened her mouth to scream, but her voice was still silent. Too weak to fight him, she was tossed upon the table and buckled down. “Stupid Mutt! No help at all,” He mumbled as the girl’s mouth open to yell but still no words. Above her, millions of little needles waited to press against her body. He cut a slit into her shirt where her heart should be. The girl shivered as she looked towards the boy that was finally managing to push himself up. Her eyes pleaded with him and he turned from her gaze as the man pulled down a lever that lowered the needles that would push the serum into her body. With one last attempt, she opened her mouth and this time words came out. “Please?” He turned to look into her pale eyes and started to walk towards her, but the needles pressed into her and she screamed as the thick liquid was pushed into her. The needles lined her legs and arms. They went into her temples, a few into her stomach, and one in her heart. The pain was too much and she fainted, but she could hear a howl in the background.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

Prologue Number 2

This is a story that takes on a romantic, horror genre. It takes place in present times and, well, I can't give you too much backstory because that would ruin the story...

Hopeless:

Under a full moon, I watched innocence be destroyed……

A soft glow took over a small, unknown town in Texas as the sun set on a chilly, autumn day. This wasn’t just any day but the evening of Halloween. Children as well as adults and teens dressed it outfits ranging from cute to slutty or from shocking to horrific. It was rather normal for a Halloween night but, even so, one little girl remained on her side of the fence. She hid well behind one of the tall, brick posts that held a massive, black iron gate. Being of such a petite size, no one noticed her clear, clean emerald gaze watch them all with a lonesome desire for companionship. It came to be that this child was feared by all the others in her tiny, insignificant town or maybe not feared but avoided like the plague of rumors created by the idle gossip of adults. She stepped slightly from the shadows, only to cast her own upon the road leading down to the neighborhood. Even being abandoned by human life, the little girl gave a bright, cheerful smile and laughed with pure bliss. She was dressed in all white, head to toe. Her dress was simple, Victorian styled and her hair, jet black, was tied by a crisp white ribbon that acted as a head band but did nothing to hold her layered bangs back. Her skin looked like caramel when compared to the white fabric and she just sparkled as if the world wasn’t against her. Jumping for joy, she grabbed a journal of black and white that contained a snowy rose and hugged it tightly as if it was her only friend. “Meow,” Her hair blew in her face as she turned to peer at midnight black fur and violet eyes. “Of course, I’m coming. Keep your fur on,” She patted the little creature atop its head and followed it to a beautiful, cascading, white mansion.

Her cheerful attitude came out in each step as she skipped towards the massive double doors. “Come on. We don’t want to miss our own birthday,” The little cat just nodded and let her girl lead her inside. “Mother! Father!” A whistle came from the farthest room, pass the spiraling staircase and with a smile that could dazzle the sun, she skipped down the black and white toned hallway. Her parents waited like a couple painted in a museum. They were fair skinned with the woman having black hair like that of her daughters and grey eyes and the man had dark brown hair with brown eyes and a neatly shaved mustache. He smiled at the snow covered child and held open his arms for her. In moments, she was wrapped up in his arms and brought towards the high lifted ceiling. “My Angelic princess, why you grow more astounding by the minute,” The little girl giggled and gave her father a kiss upon his nose as he sat her down. “Now, now you two do not tire yourselves out at the start of the night,” The woman’s voice held such a motherly and wise tone as both father and daughter minded her.

“What is that in your hand, dearest?” Her mother pointed to the journal and lights lit up in her bright green eyes. She handed the journal to her mother as the woman raised a perfectly, sculpted brow. “It is from a friend, dear mother. I made a friend at the park a couple nights ago,” Pure happiness radiated from the fragile girl and both her guardians smiled being very pleased that she had a friend. Sitting the journal aside, the woman motioned for her husband to bring a delicately wrapped white box. “It is time for your very special present for turning six today,” Once again, she glowed with large green saucers in her eyes that hovered around the image of the gift box reflecting in them. She accepted the present and started to tear into its packaging as her parents watched proudly at their adorable child.

The wrapping was finally upon the floor in shreds as the little green eyed girl took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Reaching her hand into the box, she felt around until her small hand came upon a strong wire like string. She pulled it out but just as she was about to open her eyes the front door banged open as two people in costume masks raced into the living room, where the family resided. No moments noticed, just a gunshot straight at the child. There wasn’t any way to stop the bullet as it busted through her chest. She could hear her mother cry and her father try, in vain; to attack them but nothing could stop them as her mind vanished into blackness and her heart stopped. No life came from her cold body as the gift she held fell upon the marble floor. It was a necklace made of some black wire that actually looked quite fancy. On the necklace, there was a cross wrapped in black that held back blood covered jewels. Her emerald eyes stayed closed as the blood stained her beautiful dress and the ribbon became loose upon her head.

Looking back on that full moon night, it seems that little town fell silent, mournful for the house upon the hill, or maybe they just feared it, like always.

Prologue 3:

This story takes place in the past though I haven't decided where at in the past I will make it. The prologue leads up to the creation of a child that is made of poison. She is dropped on the steps of a castle ruled by a Queen and that is how she gets the Princess title. Enjoy.

Soulless

Fairy tales of cheerful things never caught my attention but when faced with a tragic end I all but squealed to listen. Now hear me well and pay close mind to the story I have to tell because you never know when a fairy tale might be real.

Once upon a time there grew a flower of unimaginable beauty. Its petals were of the softest feel and its scent held creatures captive. Who so ever looked at this tall but fragile looking creation of God was to be granted eternal life for it was said this was a plant survived from the Garden of Eden itself but was moved and hidden by the Angels. Searching high and low to no end, Men looked for this flower of youth but all that set to find it vanished, nothing was ever found. Truth was this hypnotic plant sent people to eternal life through death, a death so terrible it burned the skin off your body. This little tulip watched as creatures rapidly learned of its’ terrible gift and it became lonely. The soil where it thrived was deadly to any other vegetation and so it stayed in the shadows with only a slight glimmer hitting its leaves.

“Who could love poison?” The poor plant cried, its tears reaching past the barrier that held it captive. That was when the man came, a man that aged by the agony of lose and hatred of human kind. He, being a man of science not religion, looked for this plant to have it take his last breath. It gazed at the man with wonder as he bowed. “Dear plant of Eden, or so it is told, I am here to ask for a demise well deserving of a man with nothing to live for,” peering up he gazed at the white petals with a beautiful red color sprouting like fire from the middle of its one medium bloom. Something unexpected happen making the man jump out of shock but only in amazement.

“Man, Gods greatest creation that searches for me to pro long their meeting with the heavens, you do not wish for what others have wished for? Why only death you long me to fill you with?” Clearing his throat, he approached the sweet, curious plant. “Creation, created to purge men of their unholiness, I wish for death for I do not desire life without someone I love and all I love has been taken,” Coming ever so close, he touched lightly the stem of the beautiful flower and continued. “I much rather hold something as stunning as you to love one more time, rather than live forever never knowing the sweet voice of a caring heart.” The poison flower’s silky voice wept for the lonely man. “I do not wish you to die with such regret in your heart, instead stay by my side as my lover so you can die with happiness,” Brown eyes grew large as he smiled softly. “Then, my poison beauty, I shall call you dream, my love.” The man kissed a leaf upon the plant and did not die. Because the flower loved him, it gave him immunity but that also would cause it to wilt ever so slowly and painfully. What it had given him was its ability to regenerate when the poison did but now she wasn’t able to keep up.

Years went by and the man noticed his lover’s sickness. “My Dear Dream why do you look so sick? Have I caused you misery beyond your power?” The flower gave a gloomy sigh as it tried to reach up towards him but it was too weak. In a raspy voice still lined with a silky under tone, it told him the truth. “My loving Darling, I dare say I am dying for I gave you the essence of what keeps me alive so I may not be lonely any longer,” Frantic, he ran back to his lab he had built near his precious treasure. Night after night he worked, trying to find a way to keep her alive. It was of no avail but there was something he could do. Walking depressed towards his love, he told it the sad news. “I do not wish to live forever without anyone,” He sobbed. The Striking Poison Flower seemed to smile in its words. “Take it,” He gazed up from his watered eyes. “Take my only bloom, the center piece of my heart, and in turn sacrifice your blood. You cannot save me but you can always have me,” With a heavy, broken heart he took her petal and placed it in a jar to preserve it.

Searching the world, the man looked for the perfect vessel for his creation. A human child, a baby just born that could grow with the poison. Finally after three years of searching, a baby was born, dead, and unmoving. The man stole the child away as the grieving family came after him in anger, but he was prepared. The lab was already set as he lay its’ still warm body in the box and hooked it up. In seconds it worked. He watched as the baby girls color came back and a full head of vibrant scarlet hair grew out of her head. Her veins pulse green and then vanish under her skin. Perfection! It had worked and the baby now cried. She no longer held the soul of that family’s child but the spirit of the venomous flower. “My Dear Dream, This is our baby, Ashlyn,” He kissed the child but then his moment was cut short by the screams of the women he had stolen the vessel from. Fearful, He ran towards the nearest town where a Queen resided as ruler. Crestfallen, He laid the child at the door step, her red brown eyes looking up at him with longing. She was quiet, peaceful and beyond her years. “I will return to you sweet Ashlyn,” He covered her in an odd substance and vanished. The door opened and it all started the tale of a poison princess.

Poison Princess: A Time of Weakness

Scarlet eyes shimmered like glass drenched in the blood of those so foolish to love her, gazing onto the world with sorrow and regret. Her hair, just as tainted as her eyes, glowed in the rising sun’s rays. Warmth coursed through her tiny, immortal body as she gave a shiver showing she had some life, some sense of feeling. She became deathly still like a corpse, a beautiful, ageless body but a dead one none the less. Silently, she appeared as if she was praying to the God she would never be able to meet for she was Ashlyn, the deadliest beauty to ever grace the earth.

Her heart full of a poison, uncontainable by mankind, pumped the venomous liquid throughout her body with extreme intensity. Ashlyn’s face fell and she cringed as she gripped her chest. If only people realized that this perfect, creamy, ivory skin held back the most deadly of weapons that her alone could control and even she suffered every now and again. No one was around to hear her scream in agony as it ate away at her internal organs, starting at her stomach and moving to her lungs. Soon she wouldn’t be able to breath, her pulse would stop and she would be legally dead as it starts to devour her heart. By now, her screams have silenced and she remains motionless and bare. Untouchable skin is revealed as the fine fabric that covered her turns to ash as the poison erupts from her pores. Slowly, her body starts to rebuild. First her heart and then her lungs as she jumps back to life gasping for breath. No longer, does she scream, just remains utterly still and silent. Her eyes water as the salty liquid touches her perfectly sculpted lips and her body is finally fully rejuvenated.

A slight glow from the moon turns her skin from a healthy tan to a ghostly pale as it tells her just how long she has been out of it. Shivering, the cold night air warns Ashlyn that she is completely vulnerable to the world around her. She’s use to it, the pain, the nudity, and most of all the loneliness, yet she cries soundless tears. Ashlyn’s life exists to taunt the human race with what they cannot create, what they cannot have because she was supposed to be something innocent, pure, and timeless. Supposed to be, she thinks, because she isn’t just a flower, she in herself is also human. Part flower, part human that is what she is a curse that was created by a man that was lonely, pitiful, and obsessive. She howls, almost in a cat like wail and yells that she wishes she could just die by her own addicting heroine.

Finally, she stands up; her fine silk covered legs do not wobble even though they have been unmoved for more than half a day. Her tear stricken face is still so seductive, perhaps even more so as her dark lashes drip a few more drops towards her pale, naked feet. Red strands graced her shoulders as if each thread knew exactly where to be placed. She grumbled, knowing how sickly perfect she looked and she absolutely loathed it. Her small, feminine hand wiped the water from her cheeks but just as she did more rushed out. She wanted so desperately to fall to her knees and just enter a dying state but that had already been attempted and just like every other time it had failed.

So trapped in her own aching sorrow, she doesn’t notice when a blanket is tossed upon her small frame. Instantly, she grabs the corners and wraps her cold, petrified body into the warm fabric. She doesn’t bother to turn around as her hair is lifted from the inside of the blanket. It is him, the “him” that is always there, soundlessly watching her to make sure she doesn’t break. His presence soothes her to the point she realizes just how tired she really was. Falling back, he catches her, His brown eyes soft, serious, hidden behind black hair and at the same time hopelessly in love with the woman he now carried in his arms. Ashlyn’s lips part slightly as she says his name in a hopelessly heart wrenching way. He was Alec, her loyal servant but also her dearest friend even though he saw himself as less. Her head rests against his chest and his heart beat keeps her in a peaceful state of mind as he carries her away from her own heart ache that only adds to his. If only he knew how much she loved him, truly loved him. She was timeless but so was his soul as over and over again it was reborn just for her to suffer the same loveless torture that she is cursed to endure. If only Alec would open his eyes and see the way he could draw out the misery from her bones, the way he could calm her to the point of dying. To him, it would always be a one sided love for he would never believe she could love him. For her it would always be mutual but silent because Ashlyn would live forever as he withered away. She would never tell him the truth, so she remains ignorant of his feelings, not being able to embrace her own.

Ashlyn now laid on a king sized bed covered in purple linens that kept the room dark but colored. Pulling the blankets over her already covered body, Alec tucked her in. She moaned in her sleep, inaudible things but he could swear he heard his name. Tossing the thought aside, he walked out of the room with only his silent desires in his mind. Ashlyn tossed and turned not because of the cruel torture of her own body, she didn’t cry wordlessly because of her inability to be human, and she wasn’t regretful for the things she did. Throughout this whole day only one misery appeared in her mind. Ashlyn cried in her sleep now because of her love for the ones that were designed to vanish. She screamed because just like her they were cursed to meet her again and never stay with God in heaven. What made her so unnoticeably weak was her decaying strength to be heartless to that tall, scrawny thing that had carried her all the way here. She wanted to show she cared but that was a fleeting dream that she should never chase. The poison that coursed through her veins left her with an empty feeling and an aching heart as she whispered I love you to the shadow outside her door, yet it will never be heard. In her moment of weakness, her heart was still unheard.

(Another short story about the Poison Princess)

With all my heart, I tried not to run, but those eyes, those lips, that seductive body that stood, as if tempting me, in front of my eyes just made me want to disappear. Her hair, like a mixture of autumn, gave way to the breeze that found its way to me. I knew, without even hearing her voice, that it was her, THE HER that had vanished all those years ago and had taken with her my soul.

Heartless, I liked to think she wasn’t but her blood red eyes shined like frozen glass and made it hard to think a soul resided beyond them. Sometimes she would show signs of caring but it would vanish faster than it appeared and she would return to the empty shell she hides behind. I will admit it, I was in love with her. Ok, I still am in love with her but how can you forget such a face, such a gaze not only looks but that cold, hard personality that at one point you believe you have cracked the surface and sense signs of feeling and love but she shuts down, hard. How can you not love someone like that? Don’t judge me.

She is like a poison, a desire that I cannot rid of. I try to sleep, to rest my eyes of her image but red flashes in my dreams, my nightmares seem alive. I’m pulled along on a string that tugs at my heart, chocking my neck. At times, I feel as if my life has come to an end, as if I am of no use to her and she will pull the string tighter on my throat, ending this miserable, pitiful life I live. There are other times when she pulls me close, tugging at the string tied around my heart, making me love her more and tricking me to think she loves me too but those must be lies.

I am just a fool, here to dance when she asks of it and to fall to my knees when she demands of it. Her slave in silent motion, doing her bidding, easing her troubles, and vanishing when she desires peace from this world. Yet, I get nothing in return for my misery and heartache. I say that, but her smile, the way her hair hangs upon her shoulders, and that red glint in her dark eyes reminds me why I stay. I am in love with her.

She has been gone for so long, yet, her beauty remains timeless. I see no creases in her face signifying the years she has been misplaced. There are no silver linings in her hair, nor a tiredness, weary look upon her face or in those sultry eyes. Look at me, how aged, gracefully, but still aged. It frightens me how time has not touched her features but only her mind, while I have been diseased with time decaying the minutes of my life.

Her expression is blank and emotionless but her eyes glimmer in the moonlight giving signs of sorrow, unshed. If I run to her, I will return to the way I once was being imprisoned under a loveless gaze, ensnared by a desire that cannot be claimed. It doesn’t matter because as the corners of her mouth turn upwards I lost all freewill to turn away. Being the foolish, spineless man I am, I ran to her and grasped her shoulders in my arms as she fainted.

I couldn’t feel her pulse over the thumping in my heart but she let out a slight breath against my neck. Lifting her body up, I cradled her in my arms and just like that the pain returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back