Chitchat So....?

Chess

I'm so bored! I'm always BORED!!!
I'm bored...like really bored >_> I've been thinking about RPing again...been a few years. My characters have been sitting around collecting dust. I just can't seem to get myself in the right mind set to do any writing. So I thought I'd try to start a chit chat forum to get to know the people around these parts. I'm not from this site, I'm from another site...and I can't seem to remember the name of it....Oops. :P Anywho!!! Hello!!!!

Hey Chess! I'm guessing and hoping you like chess.

There's this video game, Consortium, that uses a lot of chess metaphor. Dyou play video games?

Yes! I do enjoy chess. I named my first RP character Chess xD ....even know I've never had him play a game of chess in any RP I've ever done with him. He's also got a sister named Checkers xD and yes I enjoy video games!

Nice. A character named chess, huh? And a sister named Checkers? Were you RPing as personified board games? xD I call Catan!

Chess is a favorite of mine, too. It's a rather strategic game, and personalities really come out as you play. You see how people are either aggressive or quick to draw a conclusion. It's a lot of fun for that reason xD

Nice! Video gaaaames. Yeah, Consortium was pretty great because it sorta broke the fourth wall but actually incorporated that into the story. Haha, having the dialogue choice to say "I'm from another world and I don't know what you guys are talking about." is such a fun mechanic xD Everyone in that game was named after a chess piece -- Rook, Pawn, Bishop, so forth. King and Queen were far removed though. It was all very interesting.

Haha no I just liked odd names and at the time of coming up with a name for this character I was playing Chess on my computer and I was like "....I'll name him CHESS!!!!" and while that was going on Alice in Wonderland was playing on TV so my character Chess the Cheshire Cat was born. lol

What is this Consortium game for because I've never heard of it. It might be a game I'd like to try out....unless it's only on PC. I don't own a PC. :P

Ah! Cheshire Cat! That makes so much sense. xD

Consortium is indeed for PC :( Alas. Most unfortunate that you do not own one. I'd certainly recommend it, if ever you do traipse into this frontier.

If you're more of a console gamer, I'd suggest Dragon's Dogma. That game really made me reconsider gameplay as a story device. I'd only ever played the typical RPGs before, where the gameplay is decidedly separate from cutscene and, as a direct result, storytelling. Everything about the player character was able to be decided by the player. Awesome stuff :D

Dragon's Dogma I'll have to keep that in mind and pick it up when I get the chance. Right now when it comes to video games I'm playing the Batman Arkham games over again. Getting ready for Arkham Knight. It looks pretty good...but I won't get to excited for it. I've gotta excited for games before and they turned out not to be so great....*Cough* Borderlands 2 *Cough* and Bioshock Infinite....damn games >_> xD

Woahh yeah, Ive not played the first Borderlands, but ive started the second with some friends and do find it pretty fun. I heard Bioshock infinite was the best thing ever! I'm interested to know; why did those games disappoint you?

Bioshock Infinite was just....ehhh. It just wasn't that great even though every other big reviewer said otherwise. The very first Bioshock game...now that was a great game. If your interested in getting into any of the Bioshock games it's that one! As for Borderlands 2.....That game is all about making you badass but Gearbox just ruined everything about that game. When it first came out it was good but after a few updates they screwed over the game. Making awesome weapons impossible to get and nerfing your characters abilities so you suck. In my mind Gearbox took all the fun out of it and they did the same to the Pre-Sequel. Good at first and now it's a pile of crap. Nerfed everything the fans loved and enjoyed and didn't even bother fixing any of the bugs and glitches fans hated. The first Borderlands is the best one and is untouched by Gearbox.

Oh my. That explains a lot :\ How unfortunate.

No wonder all my weapons are basically the same! It all makes sense now... That does give me the itch to play it though.

Oh, and as for Bioshock, I did start the first one and applaud its atmosphere. Very strong and powerful. I couldn't keep playing though. Somewhere along the line I got distracted, and didn't follow through on playing xD such a waste

One RPG that was a buttload of fun -- Dishonored. That game -- I cannot think of a complaint for it. Everything worked for the story. Everything had its place, even the powers, the atmosphere. The sound effects, the music... ahhh that was and is a game worth replaying.

I can't tell you how well I know the first Bioshock game xD I beat the game on the hardest mode without dying and unlocked all the achievements for it. Only game I've done it for. One of my favorite games and that's saying a lot for a "newer" game. N64 games...now that's what I grew up on!

I heard Dishonored was a pretty good game, another game I've been wanting to try. Don't know much about it but nothing wrong with going in blind. lol

Ah! I can relate to that so much! I'm still somehow in love with two GBA games that I played exhaustively when I was little -- Golden Sun and Fire Emblem. THOSE games speak my language, and almost everything I write in some way or another is akin to them. Perhaps that's part of why I like medieval legends, or the chivalrous ideal, and Greek Myths. It's weird! It's really weird how much that fun time I had when I was little still remains with me!

Haha, I think I've changed so much sometimes. But then when I actually examine myself, I'm still the same person I was when I was little, just with different clothes in a sense. More aware of some things, piece of constructed personality and mentality added on, but the essence remains the same.

Yeah, Dishonored was great. It's great because your gameplay choices change the level and the story. Its gameplay is fluid and challenging. There's variety enough in level design to be very strategic about how you approach an obstacle. It does all that exceptionally well, too. :D

Discussing upon the topic of video games, eh? I do sincerely hope I am not intruding this territory. Recently played video games that have truly impacted the course of my life includes "The Wolf Among Us" and both seasons of the "Walking Dead." The overall, compelling story telling and vivid action had certainly ensnared and captivated my interest. "Telltale Games" truly executes an excellent job in maintaining the audience at the edge of their seats.

Oh boy, Dishonored is an awesome game. Telltale's also incredible! I've only played their Game of Thrones game, but I'm very impressed with the story and overall quality of the game.

Yes, other Bioshock fans here! I've played throughout the first and second one, and am now occasionally playing Infinite, which is starting to become my favourite. I can see why you didn't like it as much as the others, since it's pretty difference story and interaction wise (non-agressive npcs and stuff) but I adore it as much as I like the other two games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back