• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

so confused

EmmaStarlight

Elder Member
it's been awhile since i roleplayed

but last i remember a roleplay was a thing that two or more people did/made AS THEY WENT ALONG or talked about until they agred on a plot THEN they roleplayed THEN they showed it to others

right?

just curious because on here i'm already being told that a roleplay is something you already plotted out and did before you even though of it or found anyone to rp with.

Sometimes, and sometimes not. Some people make threads seeking a group to build an RP with; some people create a premise and setting and storyline ahead of time and the recruit players to immerse themselves in that world. It comes down to personal preference, really.

yeah but i got omeone that hacked me and posted as me saying that they expect me to post And already have someone to rp with and the plot/rp already done to be here.

and to me that's NOT rp

that's fanfiction at the least and bullying/bossing someone at the most and i'm not here to bully or boss or force

Those are some serious accusations. If you're having issues with people harassing you, please be sure to report it.

idk maybe i'm just confused....

but if staff/whoever is looking for someone that will find someone at random and FORCE them to do a they say then i shouldn't be here

because that's not roleplay to me.

No, Staff will not force anyone to roleplay a specific way. Staff enforce the rules, which you can read here.

oh o it's a rule that before you post a rp offer you have to already have someone to rp with and already have the rp where people can view it?

how is that possible especially for a new member?

i am soooooooooooo confused now.....

i just want to rp with someone who decides for themselves they want to rp/plot with me

i don't like going up to people and saying I DEMAND YOU RP WITH ME OMGNAO AND EXACTLY LIKE I SAY TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i feel like that's what whoever did that is trying to force me to do.

We have an automated tab system in place so that when users create a roleplay with tabs like "IC Roleplaying, Overview, Character Sign-up, and an Out of Character chat" - but roleplay creators are able to utilize these tabs however they want. Nobody's required to run a roleplay in a certain way, as long as they're not breaking rules.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what you'd be referencing?

Oh! Also - if you look underneath the forum titles (1x1, Fantasy, etc) there is an 'Interest Checks' forum for each type of roleplay. That's where you ask people to roleplay and start to plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one on RPN can -force- anyone to do anything. They can be forceful, or persistent, but there is an ignore feature as well as a report option to prevent that sort of uncomfortable behavior. That said - there is an interest check forum available where you can post what sort of plots and/or character pairings you are looking for - you can make them as detailed or simplistic as you'd like and decide (based on who replies) who you would like to roleplay with.

Some people prefer plotting ahead, some people just wing it and come up with a plot/storyline as they go. Neither is right or wrong - but a matter of personal preference.

@EmmaStarlight

I think where the confusion here lies is where you were 'hacked'.

When a roleplay thread is made, the site automatically generates tabs for you, with an AUTOMATED MESSAGE that tells you to edit it with information.

This isn't the site 'forcing' you to do anything, it's just an automated message that lets people know what the tabs are for. There was no hacking involved, the system just posts it under your name and tags you in the thread because it's a thread that you created. The message is nothing but a suggestion on what to do with the first post in a tab.

Though generally people post an interest check thread first to gather interest and ideas, this isn't always the case. Some people plan in private messages, or in the roleplay discussion section as well. However, planning in the main thread of a created roleplay can get confusing when going to actually PLAY, so if going that route, it's best to stick the planning in the OOC (out of character) tab that is automatically generated when you create a thread.

As others have said here, it's really up to YOU how you plan anything on the site as long as its within the rules linked above.

Hopefully this cleared up some of the confusion!

i just hate being bossy.

will i mention likes and dislikes? sure!

wil i give plot ideas? you bet.

but my partner or partners are people same as me and have rights thought opinions and ideas too.

so thank you for clearing that up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back