Science Snails?

IMG_0177.JPG
Does anyone know what kind of snail this is? I found it in my garden. He came out of his shell earlier and his body was striped black. If it helps I'm in Missouri which is in the middle of the USA.

Last edited:
I thought it was a common brown garden snail at first, but apparently they're not found in Missouri.

So I did more looking, and I think I've narrowed it down to two. It's most likely a baby grove snail because it's the most common, but it might also be a baby garden banded snail.

I found a picture in some forums of a black-fleshed banded snail, so it might be the culprit.
3B7838FF-D414-46B1-9DF9-06FC3B50C635_zpstq6ebvg3.jpg

I thought it was a common brown garden snail at first, but apparently, they're not found in Missouri.

So I did more looking, and I think I've narrowed it down to two. It's most likely a baby grove snail because it's the most common, but it might also be a baby garden banded snail.

I found a picture in some forums of a black-fleshed banded snail, so it might be the culprit.
3B7838FF-D414-46B1-9DF9-06FC3B50C635_zpstq6ebvg3.jpg
It's not a grove snail, because it doesn't look like that when it moves, and it's body it striped with black so it's not the black-fleshed one. It might be the garden banded one. The weird thing about it is that when it moves around part of it's body is still in the shell, so the shell isn't on top of it like it probably should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back