• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Short Stories and Short Writings

Tom-Pen

Mysterious Writer
Here is where I will post various short stories I write and or other short works of mine. I'll try to keep it updated fairly frequently if I can, though I suppose it just depends on how often I write and finish things up. Expect prefaces or introductions to most, if not all, of the works. Hope you enjoy!

Number of works currently (1)

Preface to "Through the Window I See": I found this saved on my computer, it's pretty short, and I don't remember where I was trying to go with it, but I kind of like it. I had it titled "Through the Window I See" which is pretty specific to this instance, so it's possible I had no plans for it to be any longer, but I'm thinking maybe I'll try to do something with it. Either way here it is, hope it's interesting or enjoyable to you.

Through the Window I See

In the early hours of the day, before the sun could break the cloud and mist of morning, Gavin's eyes slowly opened. He groaned, he turned, and lastly he rose, his eyes squinting in the dark and dingy room. It was dark and bare, save for the crudely constructed bed he sat on, and the light that came from a flickering candle on floor in the far corner of the room. Directly over his bed, opposite the door, was a very plain window; best described as a box cut out of the cement, no glass, no frame, just a box.

Gavin rubbed his tired eyes and stared blankly at the candle for a moment, the faint flickering of light grabbing hold of his attention, and easily so as it was all that had the power to in such an empty space. There was a rumble in the distance, a subtle shake of the earth, and within Gavin's mind a flurry of mixed emotion. He thought of his father and mother, his friends, and his life... All Gone. And they truly were, his father and mother had died, and his friends too, and when they died so did Gavin. Alive now only in the biological sense of the word, no longer living, but still alive...

There was another rumble in the distance, this one much farther away, so much so that it could not be felt so much as it could be heard, and only faintly. Gavin turned around to face the window and folded his knees up under himself on the bed. Outside a gray mist floated about, it was so thick that he could not see more than a few feet into it. The sky was lost in the gray mist, and the ground, though it could be made out, seemed oddly different.

Gavin stared into the mist for some time. His mind painted the faces of his friends and family upon it, and many other images of his past life; they danced and moved before his eyes. The lock on the other side of the door slid with a clank, in the next moment the heavy door opened, Gavin continued to stare into the mist.

The sound of footsteps filled the tiny room, they drew closer, closer, closer, and then at last, they stopped.

"What do you see Gavin?" A voice asked Gavin; he continued to look into the mist.

"I see..." He paused for a moment, "I see nothing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back