• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Shattered Recourse

GamerKitty205

Elder Member
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Shattered_Recourse-1.png

It’s March 30th 2020, the date of the official release of Sburb. Today four teenagers stand in their rooms, eagerly awaiting the chance to play the game with each other. The only obstacle in their way is the shamble known as the postal system. So the question is, what will they do till then?

> Be the Heartful Cosplayer
> Be the Ditzy Medium
> Be the Wayward Wanderer
> Be the Mellow Enthusiast

> Be the Heartful Cosplayer

You are now WREN ARGENLI.

As was prior stated, you're waiting on a game. You are anything but idle during this wait - there are many things to do! You currently stand in your room, which is decorated with paraphernalia from your many different INTERESTS, including but not limited to: a SEWING DESK, some PVC PIPES and FOAM, an assortment of FABRICS wrapped around spools and littering the large shelves that dot the walls, PROP WEAPONS, a BOOK PRESS off in the corner, and all your ALCHEMY SUPPLIES that take up another desk. Your room is rather big, thankfully, so there's plenty of space for your bed in the corner. Up against the wall next to the door leans your trusty BATTLE AXE, which you also use to chop wood and protect yourself when you go out on hikes. Speaking of, that was the next thing on your agenda: your CUZ asked you to chop up some wood for the fireplace. But you don't really feel like doing that right now, not when there's so many other things you could be doing! For instance, you could go brew a potion, or mess with alchemy, or perhaps even get a snack from the kitchen? Though if you leave your room, you better remember to take your BATTLE AXE with you, just in case. Never know if your Cuz is gonna try and dole out some REPERCUSSIONS for not chopping up the wood.​

What will you do now?

> Be the Mellow Enthusiast
You are now MATT FISHER
Just because you're waiting for a game doesn't mean you can't play a different game. In fact with GAMES being one of your HOBBIES you play them often. That said you've been playing for a while and while Breath of the Wild is fun your Switch's batteries are running low.
PowerA-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Hybrid-Cover-for-Nintendo-Switch.jpg

As you turn your console off you wish for the first time that you had a tv in your rather small room. Unfortunately it's already packed full with your other INTERESTS, but at least you can use your computer to watch your ANIME and CARTOONS. You place your switch back on it's shelf of your bookcase containing novels about MYTHS as well several statues of FANTASY CREATURES and MECHA. Due to your DAD not really understanding why you like giant robots you have several POWER RANGERS ACTION FIGURES as well, though they haven't been given really prominent places with the exception of the ORGINAL GREEN RANGER.
s-l1600.jpg

You briefly wonder if you should finish your latest PYROGRAHPY project but don't feel like taking the cheap wooden SHIELD out of your strife specibus. Instead you decide to turn on your computer and see if any if your friends is online.

megadragon [mD] is online.

What will you do?​

Last edited:
> Be the Wayward Wanderer
That's a cool title, but your name is LARK MAGOWAN, and you sadly aren't a traveler of legend.

You realize that you must've been spacing out, something you rarely do unless you're alone, which you currently are.
You are sitting on the SOFA in the small living area of the RV you and your COZ are living/traveling across the country in. It's been two months since your parents let you leave with him, and what a time it's been. You and Coz started on the west coast, where you began your look into the extranormal and unnatural while Coz explored and documented his urban explorations. You've since set a goal to get to the New England region by going across the midwest, and slowly climbing up the east coast.

But like all good road trips, you make stops along the way. You've had some of the best times of your life so far, eating at small diners, staying at funky themed hotels. Right now, you're stopped at an old amusement park. The RV is parallel to the overgrown ruins of the attraction, bordering on a large field of wheat or other golden grains that surrounds the old park.
Your Coz is inside there, somewhere, taking pictures and jumping across metal debris.

The afternoon is young, and you've got things you could be doing.

Standing from the sofa, you walk towards the back of the RV. You unpack your hefty LAPTOP from your BACKPACK, setting it down on the folding desk. This Laptop is one of your most prized possessions, holding all of your notes, recordings, documents, downloads, and anything else you use for your investigations. While most of the stuff is backed up on the Cloud, you prefer having it all in one place for ease of access.

Under the desk, you spy some of your other storage containers that you use as a chair when the RV is moving. You kneel down and pull one out, the one labeled as your FILES. The others contain things like your self-made FLASHLIGHTS, a box of TRINKETS (sculptures, drawings, D&D materials, headphones), and the box of FLOPPY DISCS. Your Laptop has another great feature, having been heavily modified to run data discs from all eras of the planet. These discs have some surreal stuff on them, including some dangerous games that shouldn't see the light of day. You'd put them with the larger compartment of ASSORTED ITEMS that's part of the undercarriage of the RV, but you and Coz split that space. You shouldn't break that promise because you're a little paranoid.

You stand up and look out the window. The wrought metal gates covered in vines, reading as 'MOB LIUM P RK', look undisturbed. You sigh. The afternoon is young, and a somewhere far off, a delivery drone flies low in the sky.

> Do what you will, next.

> Be the Ditzy Medium

You're honored to be called a medium, but you aren't really one. At least, not yet! One day, the world will know you, MAYA BAILEY as the world's greatest spirit medium!

...Probably.

Today is an average ordinary day at first glance, but everyday can be something extraordinary if there's something special! You usually just have to WAIT. Except, waiting is boring and you're impatient. Plus, you kinda live at a FARM and the postal service can be unreliable when it comes to getting to the COTTAGE.

Unfortunately, it's still daytime which means you can't partake in one of your favorite hobbies, ASTRONOMY. The only thing visible would be the sun and that'd hurt your eyes! But, there are plenty of other things you can waste time doing, like chatting with friends using your COMPUTER, making something pretty with your PAINT SET, or even busting out the good 'ol, non-descript brand, easy to bake with TOY OVEN. Your NAN takes care of most of the housework, since you're far too clumsy to be much help. But that's okay, cleaning is boring.

You settle down on your bed, trying to figure out what you plan to do next.

> What're you gonna do?

> Lark: Notice Drone

Seems your exploring will have to wait a bit. The delivery drone slowly flies it’s way down to you, dropping the box on the ground with a thud leaving a dent in the cardboard. It’s a good thing you hadn’t ordered anything fragile, the drones were almost worst than the regular postal system.

However, it seems like the game has finally arrived! Of course that will do you no good if none of your friends have received their own copy. Perhaps you should go ask them?

> Maya: Ponder

You’re on the verge of figuring out what you will do next when a muffled voice spooks you out of your thoughts. Could it be? A real ghost come to speak to yo— Wait, nope. The voice is simply your NAN yelling from another room. It seems like a package has arrived for you and she’s placed it in the kitchen for you.

> Wren and Matt: Continue Waiting

While your friends have had the fortune to receive their discs on time, you two are having no such luck. Guess you’ll be waiting a little while longer, might as well find something to do in the meantime!

> Matt: Continue Waiting

Unfortunately it seems that none of your friends are online at the moment. You guess you could always read or watch something but you don't want to be engrossed in anything when the mail arrives. Not having any other ideas you plug in your WOOD BURNING PEN and decide to wander around the apartment while it heats up.

==>​

You leave your room and immediately find yourself in the living room. You briefly wonder if you should check the mail to see if the game has arrived already but you can't seem to find your KEYS, meaning you would be locked out in the hallway of the apartment building and be unable to open the mailbox.

> Go check anyway.​

Without thinking you step outside into the hallway anyway closing the door into your apartment behind you. The door locks automatically.

> Ring doorbell​

Realizing your mistake you ring the doorbell hoping DAD is home to let you back in.

> Wren: Continue waiting.

Nope! Not going to happen. You're not going to sit around and wait. Not when there's THINGS TO DO. You pick up your axe, and double check it's not the prop counterfeit you made one day out of boredom. It hefts in your hands, telling the weight of the blade, and you smile to yourself. You allocate OLE RELIABLE to your STRIFE SPECIBUS and step out of your room. If that delivery drone is gonna take its time, perhaps you should go out looking for it. Worst case scenario it got stuck in the trees again. Sometimes living in a remote area of the mountains can be so difficult.

The inside of the house is silent, for the most part. You can hear noise coming down the hall from where your CUZ's study is, but have no clue what that woman could be up to. Probably work. In the other direction is the kitchen. The room is cold, so you put some wood on the stove to start heating the room up. It takes a moment for the embers to catch, and you fan the flame until your fingers no longer feel like icicles. Actually, now that you're here, perhaps you could make something to eat? Oh but first you want to cast a spell that'll make the food come out well. Your footsteps fall quietly on the laminate as you move over to the small set of crystals, and you pick them up and roll them around your hands while muttering an incantation. You read online that this would help protect your food from burning or coming out tasting bad, though you're also aware that not overcooking the food will do this too. But a little extra protection doesn't hurt. You set the crystals down on the windowsill over the sink again. Now the question is a matter of what to make? Some thing easy? Something complex? A drink instead, perhaps?

While pondering this question, you remember that you have friends who might want to talk to you. You fumble with your MODUS, silently cursing whatever gods you may or may not believe in for having to brew a "CELLULAR POTION" with copper wires and liquid plastic, all of which is hypothetical and entirely contained within the MODUS. Your iPhone pops out of the card upon successfully brewing the potion, and you tap the screen open to your messaging app of choice. Seems only Matt's online.

-- ardentNovitiate [AN] began pestering megaDragon [MD] at 19:45 --
AN: hey green friend!
AN: are you excited as i am for today?
AN: probably not. we're all different levels of excited.
AN: but that's okay, you can be less or more excited, i don't mind.
AN: anyways i was wondering if you got your copy yet or not
AN: not that its a race or anything. i'd probably lose if it were HAHA
AN: these dumb delivery drones keep struggling to find my house
AN: its not even a hard location to find
AN: well i mean it is, but! you'd think! they'd know by now!!! where i live!!!!!
AN: so imma go out and find it instead
AN: but i think before i do that im gonna make some food!
AN: i'd ask what your favorite food is but frankly im not making the food for you
AN: not that i wouldn't make you food, but you're not the quarry at the moment.
AN: what would you make for food, though?

> Maya: Ponder

Well, it was a fun three seconds while you thought it was a real life ghost, but when you realize it's NAN calling you about a package, you get even more excited! The game is here! You quickly rush out to the kitchen, only tripping twice on the way there, and grab the package. On the way back to your room, you trip once more, but who cares? SBURB is here!

However, you quickly realize you have to wait for one of your friends to get the game before you can play yourself. Hmm, what to do... How do you convey that you have the game with the limited amount of moods you can set on PESTERCHUM?

No time to think about that, though! First you need to get online! You scramble to the computer and quickly open up the program.

-- cosmicPhantasm [CP] is online! --

There you go! Now you wait! You sure hope you remembered to tell them that you'd go online once you got the game, but after a few times forgetting to tell them something, you're not quite sure you're confident that you did...

==>​

While normally being locked of your apartment would just be annoying you quickly realize the danger potentially caused by your neglected pyrography pen. You know it's unlikely that anything will happen since the place you put is stable but still decide to text your DAD. You take your CELLPHONE out of your SYLLADEX by putting the KEYWORDS "CELL" and "PHONE" into your SEARCH ENGINE FETCH MODUS, and quickly send a text describing the situation.

Seeing two of your friends on PESTERCHUM MOBILE you open the app and decide to invite them both to a group chat so you can keep up to date without having to type everything twice.

megaDragon [MD] responded to ardentNovitiate [AN] at 19:46 with PESTERCHUM MOBILE.
[MD]:Hey i will explain what is going on here

megaDragon [MD] began mobile pestering cosmicPhantasm [CP] at 19:46
[MD]:Hey i will explain what is going on here

[MD] at 19:46 opened memo on board HALLWAYPARTY
[MD]: The game hasn't arrived yet afaik but i'm excited for it
[MD]: Unfortunately i've locked myself out of the apartment again
[MD]: Even better this time my pyrography pen is turned on in my bedroom

> Matt: Look For Solutions

Your dad quickly text you back, but it seems like your bad luck continues. He’s at work and it’s going to take him at least half an hour to get back. You aren’t sure if you want to waiting that long considering it would burn down your home and the home of all of your neighbors. Downside of apartment buildings.

However, all hope is not lost! You’re pretty sure your dad opened some of the windows around the house for fresh air. So you might have a chance of getting in through those.

> Wren: Examine Fridge

You open up the fridge to see what ingredients you have, always important when trying to cook something! You have enough eggs and milk to bake something simple, though that would take a bit. There are also a myriad of leftovers you could resurrect for something simple. There are also a variety of sodas and juices in the fridge, so if you wanted you could make a real potion to drink rather than a construct for your modus.

>Maya: Pester your Chums

Seems one of your friends has beat you to the punch! Unfortunately in his case he’s informing all of you of a catastrophe rather than a package. Regardless, this is an excellent time to chat while you wait for one of your friends to get the game.

Last edited:
> Wren: Examine Fridge

Opening the fridge causes you to immediately shiver from the rush of cold air. Dammit, you just got warm! In the fridge is an assortment of items - condiments, cheeses, lunchmeats, leftover pizza from earlier that week, bread, chopped veggies, a half-eaten chocolate bar, and a singular piece of pie, on top of the foods mentioned prior. Before you can decide on a meal or drink, however, your phone goes off. You left it on the counter by your rocks, to avoid having to recaptchalogue it and brew yet another potion. Looks like Matt started a memo, you pick up the phone and tap open PESTERCHUM, reading the messages and typing out a few of your own.

[MD] at 19:46 opened memo on board HALLWAYPARTY
MD: The game hasn't arrived yet afaik but i'm excited for it
MD: Unfortunately i've locked myself out of the apartment again
MD: Even better this time my pyrography pen is turned on in my bedroom

AN: oh no!
AN: can you really not keep yourself from getting locked out for like.
AN: five minutes?
AN: i exaggerate. but like.
AN: seriously dude.
AN: AND you left your pyrography pen on?
AN: smh
AN: so anyways what are you gonna do?
AN: gotta wait for ur dad to get home?
AN: hopefully that won’t take too long! i wanna play!!!!
AN: (i say this as i still don’t have my copy)
AN: (i took a detour from getting it to get a snack)
AN: (mmm…. drink or leftovers?)

CP: aww dang, am i the only one who has it?
CP: and good news! i only tripped TWICE on the way to the kitchen! :D
CP: oh, and i say leftovers.

AN: leftovers it is, then!
AN: also lmao u tripped? rekd
AN: whats the game like anyways? have you booted it up already?

BE: Oh hey sorry for being late guys
BE: Just had a tiff with one of those Nanazom delivery drones after it nearly destroyed by copy
BE: oh wait yeah
BE: I have the game too!

AN: so have you booted it up or not?
AN: also, pie or pie?
AN: one pie is pizza
AN: the other is…
AN: pumpkin? pecan?
AN: its behind some shit, can’t see it clearly rn

You take a moment to contemplate your options again. Is the pizza any good anymore? Does pizza really go bad? But do you really want sweets?

AN: nevermind im just gonna go with the pizza

Shuffling the stuff in the fridge around, you pull out the cardboard pizza box and set it on the counter. The pizza inside is sausage with extra cheese, the only correct pizza option. You pop two slices into the microwave, eagerly wait for them to heat up, and promptly scarf them down when the timer dings, ignoring how the melted cheese burns your mouth. Afterwards, you check your phone again.

BE: No I haven’t actually started it yet
BE: I should probs get on that though, one sec

Oh, right. You were going to get your mail as well, or hunt down the delivery drone that was keeping it hostage. Food has been had, and it doesn't sound like it's storming outside, so you decide to try your luck out in the snow. The front door isn't too far from the kitchen - you only hope last night's snowfall didn't snow you in... or you'd be stuck in your home. Wouldn't that be terrible?

> Matt: Look For Solutions

Having read your DAD's reply as well as your friend's messages you inform the gang of your plan.

MD: Just got a message from dad
MD: Gonna be a while before he gets back
MD: So i have to go with plan b and get in through a window
MD: Just gotta hope no one will call the police on me
MD: Anyway once i’m in, first thing i’m gonna do is put my keys in my sylladex
MD: Well that or turn of the pyrography pen

As you make your way to the door of the building AN writes another message.
AN: yeah might wanna turn off the pen first
AN: let me know what the game looks like, hopefully not like garb

You don't have really to say in response so you put your phone away and go outside.

> Look for an open window

Walking alongside the outside wall it doesn't take long until you find the open window you want. Hoping none of the neighbors will call the cops on you, you reach in and open the window as far as it goes. It's gonna be a tight fit but you should manage. You suck your gut in and squirm your way back inside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back