• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Shark's Simplified Volleyball Guide for our Non-Players | For the roleplay, Pass, Set, and Spike!

Characters
Here

SharkBark

Psalms 55:22
Roleplay Type(s)
Here it is. For all of our members of this roleplay that do not completely know how to play volleyball or have zero experience, here is a guide that I have provided you with that'll break down the basics. Hopefully this allows you to get a better idea of the rules of the game and how to play. If you have any further questions, please leave me a private message and I will answer it for you. Enjoy.

--------​

• First, let me state one thing real quick. The version of the sport played in this rp is indoor volleyball, not beach volleyball (playing on sand). An indoor volleyball match is played between two teams to the best of 5 sets. Whichever team wins three of the five sets is the overall winner of the match. And to win a set, a team must have scored 25 points with a two point difference on the opposing team. But in this roleplay, considering it is a high school tournament, teams need to score 15 points with a two point lead. For example, if Meiwa was to reach 15 points but the team they were going against had 14, the game would continue going over the 15 point maximum until one of the teams got a two point lead on the other. (in the case of the score being 16 to 14, the team with 16 is the winner.)

Now, onto the teams. An regular indoor volleyball game is composed of two teams with six players on each one. Each player on the court plays a different position, but in certain formations two of the same position can be on the court at once. Regularly, there are three players in the front row close to the net and three more towards the back of the court, as seen in the spoiler
    1674006873206.png
    In this roleplay, at the start of every game two players, one from each team, will play rock-paper-scissors to decide on who gets possession of the ball first. And in other sets, the loser of the previous ine serves first.(for example if Team A wins in rock-paper-scissors and wins the first set against team B, then next set Team B will serve first)

Once that concludes, the player serving must get the ball across their half of the court and over the net using one of the various types of serves that will be discussed later. The ball is allowed the graze the net on it's way across, as long as it falls into the opposing team's side of the court. This is when a rally starts. A rally occurs when the ball is in play and is being contacted and moved by both teams. A rally ends when a foul is called or someone scores.

Right, scoring. A point is scored on quite a few factors. One, the opposing team gets called for a foul, such as a double touch, touching the net, stepping on the other side of the net, etc. If this happens, then a point is awarded to the other team. Two, a player on one team gets the ball to land on the court of the opposite team (a successful spike, block, or serve). Three, a team sends the ball out of bounds. Point is awarded to the other team. And there a few more ways to score.

Every time a team earns the right to serve after being on the receiving end, they will rotate from their zone in a clockwise direction around the court. Even though each player on the team must have rotated to another spot on the court, once the ball is served the players are free to move zones again. So, let's say I'm zone 3 in the spoiler and I've just rotated to zone 2. Once the ball is served, I am free to move back to 3 as long as whoever is there moves first. If a setter has rotated to backrow, this is what they'll usually do.
    1674008598031.png

Finally, a team can only touch the ball three times before sending it to the other side of the court. Anymore than three will result in them being called for a violation, and the other team will be awarded a point. As the name of the roleplay states, the main three touches are usually a pass, a set, and a spike.

Attachments

• hand-signals.jpg
    hand-signals.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back