Shamman, Eclipse Caste, Summoner, Spirit

Arackiel

One Time Luck
Hello !

The concept of one of my player is a Celestial Exalted from the Eclipse Caste. Briefly, his character is closer to nature/forest because of his past history.  He live in the Est Forest, near the Scavenger Land. There he learned survival and some shammanist from lunar. I know that Eclipse caste can learn charm from other exalted type so its seem okay with me.

But i don't understand why the concept of eclipse caste (listed in the corerule book 2nd edition) describe the caste as shaman if they don't get any charm related to spirit, buff, or summon. My player want to summon some animal to help in his journey... is anybody can give some hint about this ? Do he have to summon by occulte ability in circle sorcery ? Is there any type of charm that can he use for summon some lesser creature ? Where to look about that.

Thanks for your hint

What you are looking for is called Thaumaturgy.

In the 1st Edition, it's listed in the Player's Guide.

In the 2nd Edition, check under Occult, p. 137.

Actually you really have to stop thinking in terms of caste abilities.

Shamans NEGOTIATE with the spirit world in exalted. There you have your hook for the shaman to be an eclipse.

Um, what Arackiel was asking about, regarding summoning of an animal/spirit guide to help him in his journey...why hasn't anyone brought up familiars? Does 2nd Ed still have familiar summoning in the Survival Tree?

Well, he didnt know for the thaumarturgy i'll try to find the player book (i don't have it in my librairie)

but yes there is a charm in survival tree after i looked more carefully

thanks for your help, i think i have all the information i need now ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back