• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Several Changes

Sicarius

Shadow Prince
Supporter
Hello all,

So I joined two years ago, and have been on a year hiatus. I came back, and lo and behold; everything's changed! The formatting for role plays, the forum organization, and even my profile! My signature is missing, as well as my followers and a lot of my likes with the emoji things that were cool. The site seems a bit more complex and a bit of a pain now, any reason behind this?

Thanks,

Sicarius

Hey Sicarius Sicarius and welcome back to RPNation!

Within the last year, we had to move out of an older forum software due it breaking horridly. If we didn't, things wouldn't gone all that well. And so we went from xF to IPS, an alternative that was thought to be for the better. But after six months, it only seemed to, unfortunately, cause more problems and so recently (a month or two ago) we had to move back to xF in order to get proper functionality restored.

That is the reason everything looks different. XenForo is something else entirely from IPS, and so they are going to behave and appear as such. The switch was necessary in the long run, trust me.

Don't worry! Everything will come easier in no time. I'm here for any questions you might have about getting back into our wonderful community. ^^

Wow, I see you found how to set up your signature. That's a very large picture!

Stone summed up the past year pretty well as far as software goes. ^;3^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back