• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Separate Character Piles & Character Feeback

Civetta

Traveler

Howdy y'all...

I've been looking and replying to few Character Feedback posts. I've been having a joyful time for the most part.

I've been seeing some here and there but every so often one may contain multiple characters or

it will bluntly be established that it is a 'Character Dump'. A place where a user just copy and pastes

their characters... Now, this makes it a bit difficult to actually Feedback when there are ...

A.
Several characters from actual franchises that exist. (i.e Naruto/Luffy/Etc)

It'd be basically giving feedback on a character that's already established in a world

and it seems a tad unnecessary unless they plan on making the character their own?

B.
Too many characters with very dense information and backgrounds and separate universes in a single post.

This makes it very difficult to give a feedback that is well-thought out and invested. No one wants to read twenty

different biographies of characters that aren't even in the same story, let alone what universe they're in.

It's so convoluted that it becomes tedious to even bother giving feedback cause chances are, the feedback will

be skewed and only be focused on one or two of the twenty characters that are established in the post.

C.
The disorganized formatting of some of the Character Piles which make it hard to read.

When I give feedback on a character, I give feedback based on the Format & the Character itself. How they

are presented to me the reader and how I think the information comes across and plenty of other things.

I feel like I've been given 'the finger' when I look at a Character Feedback post with seven character sheets that

are all formatted different and seemingly disorganization to a point to where I just can't do it.

I like different formats and how creative some people can get but when there is too much

there is too much.

Would there be a way of organizing this? I know we have the Private Worshop, which is where

I think Character Dumps should really be but if people want to show them off, could we have

a Character Pile Section? Therefore we could be able to separate them from those

who actually would like feedback on a character/sheet. It's really frustrating when I find just a pile of

characters in one post and there is seemingly no feedback wanted. Yet they're posted in the same place

where people genuinely want to know others thoughts about their characters.

- Civetta

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely agree with this idea. I feel as though more users use the Character Feedback forum more for storing their creations. Right now, I am in the process of reformatting a ton of my work, and once that is done and over with, I plan on storing all of my characters onto one thread in the feedback forum so it's easier for me to organize. I do not see a lot of people actually giving advice for other members' work. I do not believe it is appropriate as of yet to make a completely separate forum for character dumps/ vaults/ safe/ whatever kids call it these days, rather, create a separate prefix. The prefix could be something along the lines of "Collection" or any other creative term you can come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back