Savage Worlds(willing to teach!!)

zanarkand

Lone Wanderer
Is anyone interested in learning to play a dice game from me?

I noticed how slow the interest check thread is on the dice forum and since I'm not too interested in Dungeons and Dragons I thought I might want to solicit people who ordinarily wouldn't check out the dice forum at all.

I know how to play Savage Worlds and it's very easy to play. If we were going to do an rp together it would be 90% freeform until there's a fight or when it's interesting to win/fail at doing a task. Basically I'd be very forgiving.

I'm a little sick of fantasy right now so it'd be like a post-Earth space thing with at least 5 alien races other than humans

It'd be player driven where they could do like Mission of the Week like Star Trek or it could go like Mass Effect where they choose to go save the galaxy. It'd really be up to the players how/what they want to play in the setting

speaking as a passer-by....I'm not seeing it. That sounds neat, but that's what every sci-fi concept has. What's cool about this one? Mecha? space-vikings? cthulu on the moon? Living hologram knights? laser swords? seriously, what's the hook?

The real question here is if nondice players would like to learn how to play the Savage Worlds rpg.

Details can be talked about when or if I get players on board. Even if it was a cliche or "normal" sci-fi world it's the players that can make it special by adding their own spin on the world or factions. I don't really plan on coming up with all of the details, it'd be more collaborative and therfore probably more creative.

It's always the players that really make the game anyway. Look at any generic werewolf or fantasy rp, people have tons of fun even if it starts from a hook that we've all seen before.

My current idea though is that Earth was destroyed 100's of years ago and so humans are a minority in space with few or no planet bound colonies and live mostly in colony ships.

The Science Fiction companion for Savage Worlds has rules for building your own space ship so that's always an option, along with coming up with your own technologies or powers.

I've only ever played a single session of d&d. So, I guess you could consider me a newbie. I'd sign up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back