• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Beacon's Light

"Tank! I need an assist, can you throw me to catch her?" Was what Hector had heard, nodding to the man as he limped to him. The man sped up, dashing towards him and leaping into the air, his right leg bent as Hector stretched his hand back. Only a move with such accuracy his new ally had was successful, the man spiralling to catch the smaller girl right before the snake's mouth snapped. Then, Hector looked near Lara to notice his sword. He dashed for it, continuing to speed at it. He finally met his sword once more, swirling around to see the white snake charging towards Lara. He had to act, fast. He dashed to her left, stopping in a stance as he leaped onto Lara, covering her body with his larger frame and sending his arm with his sword now formed into a shield towards the snake, a backhand formation. The snake took action, flying to the ground beside them, rolling to a halt as it almost instantly recuperated. He turned back to see the man with the girl in his arms, nodding to himself as he swirled his shield around, forming into a sword as he let go of Lara, standing by her side obediantly as he waited for the battle to begin.

Air shot a few more rounds into the mouth of the snake. She thought about the teeth of the snake going through her skin as she got closer and closer. Luckily for her, Micheal had caught Air right before the snake could have te chance. When they had landed on the ground, he helped set her feet on the ground. Air smiled at Michael, "Thanks for saving me from my dangerous plan," she said then laughed a little. She looked at the snake, then at the other two. "The snake shouldn't be too much harder to defeat." She looked at Michael, "Any plans?"

(Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes. Working on my phone and sometimes it has a mind of its own!!! Thanks guys! (: Hope to be back soon!)

Michael nodded to Air with a small grin, "no problem." then he turned, brought his rifle up, and fired until the snake fell dead. He looked at the others and raised his voice, "good work, everybody," he called out, nodding to the other two. Michael loaded ten new rounds into his rifle, and started towards the cliff back up to Beacon.

Almost three quarters of the way up the cliff face, Michael stopped, hearing something in the distance. It sounded like... Gunfire. "Anyone else hear that?" he asked quietly to the others, clustered around him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lara nodded back, sending a quick look to Hector to make sure he was okay. tried to listen, but the sound was muffled through the heavy fabric of her hood. "Sort of…" She looked around, but saw nothing. "Maybe it's coming from on top of the cliff?" She guessed, her hands instinctively heading for her weapons.

(Sorry for the lateness. I was with a friend all day, so I haven't had a chance to role-play since this morning X3)

Hector nodded to Lara, noticing her check up and smiling weakly at her, latching the sword to his back as the mammoth paladin trudged forward with them. As Michael stated his confusion, Hector place a hand around his ear, nodding as he noticed a faint sound. He heard Lara once more, placing his hand on the shoulder of hers as he looked to her with a calm face as he shook his head. "There will be no need for violence, I promise. Not now, just, wait." He pleaded as he returned his hand to his side, not knowing if he'd overstepped his welcoming gestures. He looked back to Michael, down to his hips as he returned his eyes to the leader's. "I am injured, but I can move. We must hurry, I doubt I will survive another snake." He said, taking a step upwards towards the cliff.

Air smiles at the three other on their group after the snakes were down. They had finished them off and Air was excited to see what would happen next. What would pop out of the shadows and attack them his time!? Air couldn't help but daydream about the different beasts that could be lurking in the dark parts of the forest.

Looking around, she noticed that everyone was focussing on some sound. Air listened as well, but couldn't hear what it may be. Was her daydream about to come true? She was both scared and delighted.

When Hector mentioned his injory, Air frowned a little then looked at Micheal. "If you want me to, I can go ahead of everyone in the trees and keep watch?" She offered, pulling out on of her hook blades. "If something starts heading towards us, we can avoid it better that way."

He shook his head, "it's not in the trees. It's coming from the top of the cliff, like it's at Beacon..." he said quietly, hearing more gunfire and explosions. He pushed up the cliff, and at the edge, looked out at the academy. Smoke was rising from the direction of the docking area, where the airships landed. Then he saw a group, a squad... With masks. Shaking his head, he moved back down and rejoined the others.

"We're heading into the fire, the White Fang is attacking Beacon. We can get behind their lines and engage from the rear. Who is with me?" he said simply. He wouldn't fault the others if they didn't want to come, but he planned to fight. This was his school, and those around him were equals to him. They would murder them anyway, if they were found, so why not die fighting?

Lara immediately froze at the name. "Oh goddess…" She muttered, before turning to the man who's name she still didn't know, listening. After hearing his plan, she nodded. "Sneaking is good, sneaking I can do. But what about Hector? He's still injured." She stated, though her eyes scanned through the smoke. Why the hell are they here? The White Fang should know better than to attack a school of combat trainees and their teachers. She thought, chewing on her lip.

Her fingers curled around the hilts of her weapons, the buzz of both worry and adrenaline pumping through her.

"So. We doing this or what?"

"No." Stated Hector in a stirn, powered voice, nothing heard from before as he stood in front of them all with a frown of anger and determination. "Shan't you give bloodshed upon this day!" He exclaimed, looking to the other man. What was wrong with him? White Fang, White Fang are upon Beacon, and he takes it as such as a challenge? "You will not harm man, I have laid down my sword as well as my life for fighting the demons of this world, not man." He stated with a disgusted face, looking to Lara. "If you are wise, you shall wait here, until the hunters as well as the huntresses secure this event, rather than sinning in your own ways." He stated with a frown, walking through them as he sat down, legs crossed and staring forward with his eyes closed.

Air listened to the commotion of the others and frowned. Hector was going to be a difficult one to convince, that's for sure. Air signed and walked over to him, sitting down in front of him. Air looked into his eyes and squinted a little. "Do you think that the White Fang isn't killing anyone up there? They are probably sinning at any chance they get." Air turned her head, hearing a gun fire. "There went another soul, to young to die." Air stood up, knowing fair well that what she had said was a little morbid and unnecessary. She then looked back at Hector, "My name is Air. I notice that you are highly religious. Now my religion, is to help those who need it, and to protect innocent souls. Now the White Fang, they came to us and picked a fight." Air looked at Michael, "I will protect the students of that school. Count me in on the fight." Then Air looked at Hector again, " We won't kill if we can help it. They will kill whoever stands in their way."

(Sorry if grammar an spelling is off. Working with phone for now.)

Michael nodded at the hooded girl and nodded, then to Air. He checked to make sure his rifle was loaded, and looked at the fellow whom he called Tank. "Stay here, then. I never said you had to come with me." He looked at the other two. "There's a building sixty feet from the edge of the cliff, we enter it and use it for cover. I'll go first, watch ahead. Air, take the center, watch the sides. Lara, watch our backs. We can switch out if we need to. We'll try to take prisoners. Questions?" he asked either of them.

He looked at Hector once more, he would have been an asset in this fight. But he couldn't entirely blame him, some weren't cut out for combat, and he held tightly to his pacifist beliefs. It was noble, he admitted, but sometimes you had to get your hands dirty to do the right thing.

Lara winced slightly at the look Hector gave her, but shook her head. "We are the Hunters and Huntresses securing this. The ones already out there are the ones defending the school, as well as each other. I understand your feelings. The White Fang are not fighters, they are people. Simple people who just want to be able to walk down the street without getting ridiculed. But, if they attack innocents, do you really think the best thing to do is stay back? Just disagreeing with something someone is doing, is very different from actually doing something about it and making a difference. That's what we're here for, to make a difference." She said.

After a moment, she listened as the new guy explained his plan. "Sounds good. I'm more for the "Knock them out" rather than take prisoners, but I guess it's really the same thing in the end." She said, unsheathing her swords.

Air nodded her head and placed her blades against her arms, guns at the ready. "Watch the center. Take prisoners. Got it." She said, smiling at Michael. "Hopefully after all of this we can introduce ourselves to each other." Air looked over at the bigger guy. She couldn't help but feel conflicted with his decision. The sides of right and wrong were so blurred that no one could see them. She smiled at him, "I know you are only doing what you think is right, so I respect you for that." She said, then looked at Michael. "Ready?"

Michael nodded, "let's move." he whispered, then he stood and pushed up the hill. He trusted that the others were on his six, as he moved. As they reached the crest, he looked at the two below him, and pointed to Thr closest building. It would provide them cover better than being in the open.

He pointed to a door, then moved toward it, his eyes leading his rifle sweeping left and right. He moved the door open, and moved in. The building was dark, and he kept low as he walked as silently as his boots would allow.

Lara followed close behind at the back of the group, slipping off her boots as she went. It was easier to sneak around in bare feet. Plus, she didn't particularly like wearing shoes, so it was win-win for her. She'd find her boots again later… Probably.

As they entered a building, her eyes quickly adjusted to the dark. She could still hear the sounds of fighting, but said nothing, instead walking and waiting for any sudden orders. Her swords stayed ready at her sides, her fingers wrapped around the hilt. Despite the nervous air that hung over them, Lara had to suppress a chuckle. First day of training for the first-years, and the school gets attacked. What a way to start the school year.

As Air watch around her, she slowly followed behind Michael. When they had found a building, Air felt a little off. "Should we really go inside..." she said, placing one of her blades back in it's carrier. She held the other one, blade against her arm, gun at the ready. She followed Michael in, then waited to make sure that Lara made it into the building as well.

When all three were inside, Air relaxed a little. So far, nothing was waiting for them in the shadows. She looked up at Michael, "Do you see anything?"

He looked back, some far windows at the other end had some dark shapes behind it. "Something at the far end..." he whispered. When they pushed a little closer, he made out the outline of a Bullhead dropship. He turned. Seeing a tactical situation play in his mind's eye.

"Lara, head back to those stairs, take point. We're going for the roof." he stage whispered to her. He then proceeded to cover their rear. When they did climb to the top of the building, there were a pair of White Fang gunmen looking out towards the rest of the campus, backs to the stairwell and the team.

With a simple nod, Lara slipped back to the stairs, her wary eyes partially glowing in the darkness. Sure, she liked the dark, but during stressful situations it certainly wasn't her first choice of scenery. The conflicting smells didn't help either. Sweat, metal, gunpowder, dust. If she focused, the faint coppery tang of blood could just barely be noticed by her keen nose.

Leaning against the wall near the stairs, she checked once to make sure the two others were gone before taking of her hood. Black ears twitched a few times as the air hit them, and Lara tried to listen for footsteps or voices, just in case. Being able to hear the fighting itself made her extremely nervous, but being able to hear oncoming White Fang members outweighed her fear.

Air followed up to the roof then frowned when she saw White Fang members. She looked at Michael, "What now?" She asked. She held her guns tightly in her hands. "We don't exactly want to kill them, but them seeing us is out of the question too...." She said, then grabbed her locket, thinking. "Do you have anything that could possible knock them out?" She asked Michael.

Air looked down toward the stairs and wondered if the girl was doing okay. Then she wondered what The Tank might be doing. "I really hope he found a place to hide out for now...." She whispered, watching the White Fang members closely.

Michael pointed to one, one for the girls to take. He creeped towards the other, reversing his grip on the rifle. He got close, then he slammed the butt of the rifle into the back of his head, knocking him cold unconsious.

"Don't make a sound," he ordered the man, once the girls tool care of him, Michael headed to the edge and produced some rope. "Lara, see that light post?" he pointed, it was just over a Bullhead, and they could drop right in, problem was there was a group of White Fang guarding it."Can you tease a shot in with rope attached to the end?"

Lara heard her name and turned, the guy who's name she still didn't know pointed and asked her a question. "Hm?" She turned to where he was pointing, then nodded unsurely. "I guess we'll find out."

Clicking her swords into bow form, she notched an arrow and attached her rope to it, as well as firmly tying the end of the rope to the railing on the stairs. Squinting, she bit her lip lightly as she aimed. "Tease it…" Lara muttered, before finally firing. The arrow arced over the unsuspecting heads of White Fang members, just barely making it far enough and embedding itself in the light post. The rope itself was barely long enough to span the gap as well, and was thus pulled extremely taut.

Lara released the breath she didn't know she'd been holding and sighed with relief. Sure, she was a pretty good shot with a bow, but usually she was shooting moving targets. Over half her skills were purely reflex to a certain extent. Not so much on the long distance accuracy. Or measuring rope. "Whoa… Thank you, bow." Lara muttered, patting the bow slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back