RP Resource Guide

Cosment

Keeper of the Universe
hello all, i have a few things stashed away that i'd like to share and add on to.

• Write a Good Beginning: this could be the introduction to a roleplay, or setting the scene for your character, but beginnings are a vital part of rp and writing in general.
  • 22 Storytelling Rules: general advice on creating a compelling story that can be applied to most any narrative fiction.
  • South Park Writers Share Their #1 Writing Rule: if you're stuck on a plot and you need something interesting to happen, look no further.
  • Fiction University: this site has a whole buttload of resources. everything from writing hooks to worldbuilding to creating dimensional antagonists/protagonists. i refer to this site regularly for all of my rp needs.
  • Writing with Color: ever been stumped on what descriptive word to use for a certain hue you're envisioning? brush up on your colors here and learn how to be more visually descriptive.
  • Chaotic Shiny: one of the many generators i use for characters, cities, plots, and any other needs.
  • Serendipity: another generator.
  • Fantasy Name Generators: this site has so many features not only for fantasy names, but for backgrounds, descriptions, character traits, etc. and very useful in a pinch of writer's block.
  • D20 Spell Index: if your universe contains magic and spell-casting, it's important to also keep a creative spell book. if you need inspiration, look no further.
  • Character Trait Generator: contains an assortment of positive and negative traits plus any other quirks your undecided on giving your character.
  • Gender and Sexuality Generator: same concept, but for gender, sexuality, and some bedroom kinks.
  • Knives: got a stab-happy character? figure out their weapon of choice by taking a look at this comprehensive knife sheet.
  • Inkarnate: a map-making service that allows you to sculpt your world the way you'd like instead of using google images to look for neat maps.

i'm looking to add onto this guide. please post any additional resources and suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back