• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RP continuity

SiroVai

Roleplay baby!
Is there a place on this board where you can stick to a single character and have them grow and develop over time? For example in a episodic type roleplay where the stories change, but the characters remain the same.

I would prefer to just stick to one character rather than what seems to happen where people continually make new characters and end up with dozens of on going roleplays. That would just get confusing and I don't know how people can carry that many different characters without repetition of some sort.

I came from a Star Trek RP where we each had one character and played out a season of missions. Each mission had different aims and our characters developed over time. It made forming back stories and relationships more meaningful and authentic. They even gained rank and responsibility eventually taking command of one of the star ships.

I do like one shots but most RPs here seem to die off in one way or another and none of them are permanent. I figure my previous one was just unique in that respect or was it?

The concept I have for my Fractured Fairytales storyline is that it's intended to be a series - when one story ends, another is slated to begin - with the option of rolling your characters over into the next story. I dunno if that's the idea you're talking about, though :)

Well, keep track of the Forum Roleplay Recruitment forum. But right now, it's a bit rough to create then, so it will probably be a slow patch.

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]Well, keep track of the Forum Roleplay Recruitment forum. But right now, it's a bit rough to create then, so it will probably be a slow patch.

[/QUOTE]
So what is going on with the hold on making new ones? Any expected date of when people can make them? I'd prefer to join one from scratch.

Well, you're asking for sticking with one character for the whole roleplay, correct? It's not really about the different roleplay layouts, because they're simply layouts. It depends on the roleplay you join. Most roleplays do want you to develop your character over time, you just have to find the right one.

And speaking about the hold on making new Forum Roleplays, the actually making of the roleplays are on hold due to an error in the code. It is currently being fixed but you are able to create roleplays. The problem is that you cannot automatically create roleplays. You have to contact a moderator to set up the roleplay for you with the content and then you can edit it to your heart's content.

So talking about forum roleplays I'm really interested in dice roleplay however, I don't know any 'systems'.

From what I've seen Exalted, Pathfinder and World of Darkness are the popular ones. How would a complete newcomer tackle learning those? Which one would people recommend for me to learn first?

How often do people make their own custom dice roleplays as that may be easier for me to get into and I figure I would like to make one myself someday.

SiroVai said:
So talking about forum roleplays I'm really interested in dice roleplay however, I don't know any 'systems'.
From what I've seen Exalted, Pathfinder and World of Darkness are the popular ones. How would a complete newcomer tackle learning those? Which one would people recommend for me to learn first?

How often do people make their own custom dice roleplays as that may be easier for me to get into and I figure I would like to make one myself someday.
I would say pathfinder is a good one to learn first. It simplified DnD 3.5 by huge amounts and because it uses the D20 system a lot of other RPGs make much more sense and be easier to grasp once you have an understanding of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back