• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Roommates!

IceQueen

The Clawed Fauni
You are sent to a boarding school. On the outside, it seems like a regular school, but on the inside, it is full of some students who are not human, and some that are. When you walk in, you figure out you've been paired with a person of another race!

You go to find a dorm and figure out all the spots are taken! The only spots left are in a co-ed dorm close to the school, called the Neko dorm. Now you and your partner are not only working together, you are living under the same roof! What will unfold as you just try to survive school.

1. Follow all Rpnation rules

2. No ERP(+18) Romance stuff. Fade to black if you have to.

3. Grammar. I swear to god if you don't even complete sentences, get out. Also, the password at the bottom is fake, the real password is not the one at the bottom, it is "Neko".

4. 3rd person. Again, for the love of god, use third person.

5. Be nice. Drama inside the Rp is fine, outside is off limits.

6. 3 sentence minimum

7. Have fun!

The password is "Dorm"

Luna looked up at her new school. She sighed, looking at all the people. Why a public school? And more over, why with humans? She sighed, walking towards the office where she could get her schedule, and her dorm room. She looked around, her gaze darting form person to person. She hated people, they were so fickle. Most of them gave her strange looks as she walked in.

Halfway though, she walked into some jerk. He looked at her on the ground and laughed. "Aww look. It's a little kitten." he said, smiling down at her. "Say kitty, how would you like to come home with me?" he asked, extending his hand. Luan swatted it away, her claws out. The man recoiled, clutching his hand. She soon noticed a small trail of blood seeping between her fingers. She got up off the ground and glared at him. "That should teach you to not hit on tigers." She said. "And save your pet names for someone you actually would want to date and not someone you shoved to the ground." She said, stalking towards the office. Could her day get any worse?

Yes, yes is could.

Luna walked up to the registration place. "I need a dorm and my schedule." She said, looking at her. She grimaced. "Sorry, we are all out of dorm rooms. On the bright side, you will be living outside of campus, in a co-ed house." She said, passing her a key, some directions and her schedule. She looked at the partner assignment and room assignment. She was rooming with her partner. Apparently, his name is Scott. Sighing, she began trudging towards the house.

Standing in front of the house, she looked up. It was a small 2 story house. Upstairs were the rooms and downstairs there was a living room with a tv and a couch, and a kitchen with a big dining table. She sighed, walking up to her room.

She walked inside, pulling her luggage inside. She looked around. The room was plain at the moment. A desk by the window, and a twin bed. The room was mirrored. The other side had the same thing. She sighed, putting her stuff to the left side. She started to unfold the sheets and things she had brought. She placed her mini fridge at the end of her bed and her bookcase next to her fridge. She started to unpack her figurines and place them on the glass shelf. After a few hours, she was done.

"You've got to be kidding me..." Afternoon muttered to herself, looking around at all the people surrounding her, waiting for her to move so they could have their turn. This was some kind of joke, right? She had to share a house with other people? That was absurd! She didn't like other people, she didn't like being near other people, she didn't like breathing the same air as other people.

"Can't you fit me in somewhere else?" Afternoon asked the woman at in the office, desperately, "Please, anywhere else?" The woman just smiled at her and waved her away. Afternoon knew that look. It was a "don't worry, you'll make friends, it'll be fun!" look. She received that look a lot, especially from her parents and past teachers. The problem was that she didn't make friends and she didn't really want to either. She was fine on her own. She frowned down at the directions and left the office and began walking in hopefully the right direction. Though, it might not be. How would she know? She wasn't from around this area. She stumbled upon the house reasonably quickly and let herself in, using the key. Was she the first one here? She hovered nervously in the doorway, unsure of what to do.

Scott headed towards the co-ed house, wondering why the heck the school would allow for there to be no single-sex dorms available at the time of his registering. He had hoped to have a guy roommate since women tend to make him feel uneasy, and if one couldn't relax in his own room, where would he? Hopefully this Luna enjoyed games, maybe some anime and manga as well. He knew way too many girls in his previous school that found his hobbies too nerdy or unsocial.

Pulling his suitcase, he went up to the house, impressed that it was two-stories. He went up the stairs up to where the rooms were. The door seemed slightly open, showing someone before him had already gotten a head start of seeing what the room was like. His roommate most likely had gotten there before him. He didn't want to walk in without warning if she was in there, so he decided to knock first, to see if there really was anyone inside.

"Anyone in there?" he asked as he knocked, deciding if no one answered that he should just go in and assume no one was there.

Luna turned her head at the sound of footsteps on the stairs. She turned to see a shadow under the doorway. Her roommate must be here. "Come in." She said, sitting down on her bed. She would have to interact at some point, an from the looks of it, she would have to interact now. Sighing a bit, she crossed her legs.

Last edited by a moderator:
With an undisturbed attitude, Alaster navigated through the chaotic crowd of students. 'Unintentional mosh pit... That describes this situation nicely' he thought with no change in his mindset. Finally slipping through the last wall of people, he found himself in the registration room.

'Lines for waiting and crowds for jostling' he thought trying to entertain himself as the line of people ever so slowly shuffled closer to the woman that was assigning dorms and handing out schedules. 3 people left.... 2 people....... 1 person just cut in.... 2 people... why isn't she doing anything... 1 person..... Finally he was in front of the desk and could ask for what he needed "My name is Alaster Fells. May I have a dorm room key and schedule?" The lady spoke carelessly while sliding his schedule and key over to him "You can have co-ed house key." Alaster stared at her dumbfounded by the lack of information and finally asked "Are you going to tell me where it is?" The lady looked up from her phone and answered absentmindedly "Yeah, gimme a minute.........." tak...tak..tak.....taktaktaktak..tak.. tak..tak.......tak. " Yeah, it's over there." she motioned somewhere to Alaster's left. Giving her an expression of disapproval, he said with a fake happy tone "Thanks... Really, Thank you."

Walking towards 'over there' had proved to be a slightly challenging task, but he eventually arrived at his co-ed house. Alaster knocked on the door three times and waited for an answer. "I suppose I got here first." he spoke to himself while fishing out his key and opening the door. Locking the door behind him because he could, he then scanned the interior of the two story house. 'Rooms on top and a living room and dining room on the bottom.' he thought to himself as he climbed the stairs to confirm his educated guess. "One me, zero not me" he spoke with his normal nonexistent tone and fell back onto one of the beds. Plugging his phone into a charger that was connected to a receptacle, Alaster started his playlist 'dv.' and Cold by Red Hot Chili Peppers played. 'dv.' was just a quick random playlist title he made not caring about correctly naming it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon found an empty bedroom upstairs and had shut herself in. She was yet to meet anyone here and she didn't wish to start now. She had her laptop and her headphones, so why did she need to talk to anyone else? She was pretty aware that other people were arriving- she could hear the door- but they were probably ignoring her too. Maybe they could make it through the entire year without talking?

After hearing the female voice, which he assumed belonged to Luna, say "Come in," he opened the door to see a female Neko, presumably sitting on the bed she's claimed. He walked in, taking his suitcase with him.

"Hello, I'm Scott. You're Luna, I assume?" he greeted, walking into the room. He started unpacking, putting his stuff on his bed at first.

Luna nodded, leaning over to her shelf and picking up a manga book. She started re reading the story for the hundredth time, why?, because it was fluffy and cute, and those kinds of stories relive her stress more than gory ones do. Not looking up at her new roommate, she flicked her tail and her ears twitched as she read. "Luna is the name, Writing is the game."

"Writing? Planning on being an author?" Scott asked, placing his monitor on the desk closest to his bed. He was skeptical about how successful a writer would be in this day and age. He continued to unpack as he waited for her response.

Luna shrugged. "Maybe. Or I could draw." She said, flipping the page. She had all her stuff set up around the room so she just continued reading her manga on her anime bed spread. She sighed and flipped though the next few pages. Normally she didn't speak with humans this much unless she was throwing insults, but she at the least needed to try.

"That's pretty ambitious," he said, putting his clothes in his wardrobe. He had finally gotten mostly everything unpacked, and just needed to find a place for the suitcase. He figured it was best to put it next to the bed; it was as good of a place as any. Once he finished he laid on his bed and got a good look at Luna's side, noticing the mostly anime-centric everywhere, which was something they seemed to both have an interest in at least. He decided to start some conversation, since there pretty much wasn't anything better he could do for the day. "So what are you reading?"

"Skip beat." Luna said, looking at him. She closed her book and looked at his side. She saw a few anime things and raised and eyebrow. "Guessing you kind of like anime too." she said, leaning back on her bed. She had lots of things because she spent her money on anime and not pedicures. Now that he was on his bed, she noticed he wasn't so bad looking for a human. She flicked her tail, her expression blank.

"Ah, that's the manga about idols, isn't it?" he asked, interested in the discussion. He noticed that she was looking at him for the first time, which should at least mean he's getting on her good side, right? He opened his backpack to fully expose his anime-wares. "And yeah, I like it quite a bit myself as well, though the only physical copies I own are One Piece; the rest I read on my tablet," he continued, getting out his tablet from his backpack to show her. "See?" He loaded up 'Maid Sama!' to demonstrate.

Luna smiled a bit. "I prefer the real copies. And a lot of my friends like borrowing them." She said. Truthfully, she didn't had a lot of friends at all. She sighed, looking at the ground. She wouldn't tell anyone, not even him. She barely knew him after all. Not even her mother knew about how few friends she actually had. 
@Fandoms4Ever

@ScarsOfWonderland

@Fallen from Heaven

@Misakichan

@Lost Girl Maddie

@Sorasonic

@neverin

@whateverwater

*Cough Cough* We started

Users who are viewing this thread

Back