• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Romance vs Not

Coatboy

The Man of Many Pockets
I think that there should Romance as a category or genre to label on rps. Because honestly it's more different from rps that aren't to ones that are than any other genre, and it's something that very heavily influences someone opinion most of the time. I personally don't partake in any romances and would like to know already which ones are so I don't have to waste my time looking through them or get my hopes up while looking for a decent rp. *Now I'm not saying here that romances aren't decent, I just don't like the idea of them. Nor am I saying "Love is forbidden!" "No one may have relations of any kind, ever." No I'm not about that, in my opinion it's silly to try to cater all your characters so. If two characters honestly have good chemistry, and their actions build a strong and structual bond then absolutely they can have a relationship I would not object. But to have that be the ultimate goal of the rp just seems pointless.

I don't mean to ofend anyone with this. It's just something I feel I need to broach. I am also aware of the possibility that I 'm about to create a massive sh**storm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved this to Questions and Information.

Romance is not a genre in most cases. Fantasy can be romantic, so can Slice of Life, and so can any of the current genres. You can avoid romantic games and look for the non-romantic ones, but I do not see romance as a genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back