• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern River Lane

IXI

PotatHoe

River Lane

is an amazing little town. It's filled with gorgeous sights, beautiful houses, and tons of fun. Our high schools, elementary schools, and colleges are huge and filled with creative and unique students. As great as it all may seem, everything has it's flaws.

View attachment 70954

1. No spamming/god-modding
  2. This is a family role play, there will be drama
  3. Any questions/concerns PM me
  4. Be as dramatic as you want, I would really like this RP to be very realistic
  5. Minimum characters: 2
  6. You can have as many as you CAN HANDLE
  7. If it gets too dirty, please either take it to PM or "Fade to black
  8. Password: River
  9. If you want to kill one of your characters off, please PM me about it before hand
  10. RealPassword: Beautiful
  11. If you cannot post for more than one day, please PM me and inform me of the situation
  12. Please, Have fun & Enjoy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
IXI updated River Lane with a new update entry:

A few more C:

Hey guys~
We'll start the RP soon, I'm just waiting for a few more people to join c:
Read the rest of this update entry... 
Isabella woke up extra early this morning. She was bored and decided to make breakfast for Auriel and her dad. She loved to cook, she did it quite often, too. She decided to make some pancakes and scrambled eggs. Because of her shortness, she had to stand on a stool. When she finished cooking she set up the table and waited for them to come down.
tumblr_inline_mgu0saS5Ez1r1yj84.gif

Auriel woke up to the smell of delicious pancakes. She smiled and got up from the bed. She followed the scent down to the kitchen and saw Isabella.

"Hey Sweetheart, did you make this by yourself?" She asked, giving Isabella a kiss on the cheek and grabbing herself a plate.

"Yup, I made it for you and Daddy." Isabella smiled and then stuffed her face with pancakes.

"Why thank you, fare maiden," Auriel smiled "You were careful, right? You didn't burn yourself or anything, did you?"

"Nope, I'm fine."

tumblr_n1s3xqdKdT1sn5ti1o1_400.gif

Aaron had been awake for hours working on a paper that was due today. He let out a nice sigh of relief when he was finally finished. He put it in his folder and got up and stretched out. He then got ready and walked downstairs.

"G'morning," He smiled "Who made the pancakes?"

"Me!" Isabella smiled.

"Bella, you have to be careful, I don't want you to burn yourself or get hurt."

"I'm fine daddy," She explained handing him a plate of pancakes and eggs.

After the three finished breakfast, Aaron checked the time.

"Crap!" He jumped up and grabbed his bag.

"I got to go, you two get to school on time." he said as he quickly gave them both a kiss on the cheek.

"Love you guys!" he said before leaving and shutting the door behind him.

tumblr_m4pwaxWc3k1r5kkl0o1_500.gif

Auriel and Isabella shrugged. They both got ready and hopped in Auriel's car. Auriel dropped Isabella off first, as always. "Be careful," she said, giving Isabella one last kiss on the cheek. She then drove to her school and parked her car. She got out and walked towards the building waiting for school to begin.

All Sabrina could think about was her Older Sister, Nicole. Losing a Loved One, namely her Brother-In-Law was one thing. But a pregnant woman losing her baby daddy was another. Four Months ago, both her sister and brother-in-law were involved a fatal car accident, where Nicole was lucky that she did not lose the baby to a miscarriage following the accident. Because all she could think about was her older sister, Sabrina had trouble concentrating in class. Her Professor noticed that she seemed distressed, but she said she was fine. She just wished it was summer because she wanted it to rest and be able to take care of her sister.

At home, Nicole was just resting and still reeling from her husband's death. If it were not for her Brother-in-Law and younger sister, Nicole did not know where she would be. Currently, she was resting on the couch, wondering when Sabrina would be home, because she left for school while Nicole was still sleeping. Because she couldn't really fit into her pants, Nicole mostly wore loose dresses because they seemed to accommodate her growing belly, whether it was a maternity dress or not. She then set her phone on the table, getting ready to take a nap before calling her sister in the afternoon.

Mason woke to the usual sound of his sisters arguing downstairs. Rolling his eyes as he forced himself out of bed, Mason listened carefully to the argument. Of course, he had been up late last night tending to a call but he was used to being up most hours of the day anyway. As he wandered out of the room, he could still hear Ava raising her voice to Dahlia with little to no response in return. Mason smiled slightly as he entered the kitchen to find his sisters sitting at the table. "Okay... What's going on in here?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and walking towards the coffee pot to get himself the first cup of the day.

Dahlia let out a sigh of relief as Mason entered the room. Standing up quite excitedly, she hugged Mason tightly then retreated and shook her head. "Ava wants to stay home from school today because she thinks Cleo has a cold," she smirked, glancing over her shoulder to her younger sister then back to Mason. "Since I've officially run out of time and am growing a headache from her screaming, it looks like she'll be walking. I have to get to school so I'll see you both later... I love you both." Dahlia waved to Ava before picking up her bag and slinging it over her shoulder. She ran a hand over Cleo's back making him purr and leaned down to kiss Baxter on the top of his head. Dahlia then proceeded out the door and to her car to head to school for the day.

Ava glared at Dahlia as she spoke but quickly turned her gaze softer and trained her eyes on Mason. Most of the time, she could get Mason to go along with what she wanted but she had a feeling that wouldn't be the case today. She knew she needed to go to school and since he hadn't been called out yet for work, he would probably just take care of Cleo himself. As soon as Dahlia was out the door, Ava locked eyes with Mason who now looked slightly amused with a hint of frustration. Before he could say anything, Ava stood up and grabbed her own bag, rolling her eyes softly. "Alright, alright! I'm going... You just better call the vet or something..." Ava let out a sigh and hugged Mason before heading out the door herself. "Love you!" She shouted back inside as the door shut behind her.

Mason nodded softly and turned his gaze on Baxter and Cleo who both seemed clearly fine to him. "I don't know how we deal with those two sometimes..." He said with a smirk, earning a tail wag from Baxter in response. Mason shook his head and continued to sip on his freshly brewed coffee, finally in peace for a few moments before he called the vet.

Casper woke up to her alarm clock going off, "Ugh.. Already?" She complained to herself, typically her "morning" routine actually began later in the day. As Casper climbed out of her bed, she looked out the window.

"Lacey!" Casper called down to her brother, Lyle.

"What is it Mae?"
He called back up to her, this was the usual way to communicate, yelling from the top floor to the bottom floor.

"Can you make some food?"
Casper yelled as she gathered some clothes to wear. She skipped to the bathroom and shut the door, because Lyle didn't answer, it meant he had already made something to eat for the two. Slipping her clothes off and hopping into the shower, she washed her hair and body then rinsed off. After shutting off the water, she grabbed two towels, dried off her body with one and then wrapping her hair with the other. It only took a few minutes for Casper's hair to dry, so she wasn't worried. Skipping down the stairs, she slid into her chair at the table and began to eat. "Thanks, Al." She finished her food and then gave Lyle a hug. "Gotta get to school, Lacey. See ya later." Casper gave him a grin before she ran out to her car to head to school.

Lyle had been up for the past few hours, it was normal for him to be up before Casper, she always slept in. That's when he heard her call down to him, it wasn't the start of a morning without the usual upstairs to downstairs conversation. She had asked for some food, "Jokes on you Cas, already making something to eat." Lyle said to himself and chuckled a little. The shower turned on and he could hear the running water. It seemed as if Casper had an alert that the food was done. Not even thirty seconds after he set her plate at the table, she came down the stairs and sat down. "Thanks, Al." Casper said with her mouth full. It wasn't Lyle, but it's a hell of a lot better than Lacey.

The alarm woke Marcus early in the morning from a sleep which however long it was it wasn't enough. He sat up on the side of the bed and yawned heavily, before tapping the pile of fur sleeping it his usual spot next to the bed.

"Come on, buddy. You know the drill, i suffer you suffer." Marcus said sheepishly as Rufus raised his head and yawned. Rufus walked out of the bedroom to the kitchen in expectation of breakfast, with him a spring in his step that Marcus always envied. Marcus instead opted for a quick shower to get the sleep out and a thorough shave to avoid being chewed on by his sergeant during inspection.

He then got dressed, slowly strapping on his ballistic vest, tying boots and zipping up his uniform shirt. He stood staring for a minute, taking in the image of him in the uniform in his mirror and at the two pictures on each side of the mirror. One of him posing in his police academy graduation with his parents and his brother, the other family photo again this time in his brothers weeding. He took a deep breath talking in whatever motivation this pictures provided before putting on his cap.

He then left for the kitchen were a breakfast of coffee and toast with jam for him, and of dog food for Rufus awaited. They eat quickly and after a quick petting of Rufus by Marcus and the picking up a prepared bag containing a change of clothes,they both walked out the apartment down to the parking lot were the squad car waited. The two entered the car and once settled in Marcus picked up the radio receiver:

"Officer Anderson, reporting as 10-8. God help criminals."

Last edited by a moderator:
DAN woke up to the sound of his old alarm clock ringing furiously. He pressed the button on top, and it shut up, just as he heard his mother's angered shouting. He sighed, pulling himself up, before shifting to the side, and putting his feet on the floor, standing up. He looked through his drawers, and pulled some clothes on. He yawned, slipping on the cleanest looking socks he could find. He looked around his room's walls, with the faded red paint. He left his room, navigating his way through the cluttered hallways, before arriving in the kitchen, where he stepped over a box full of things that were entirely useless, stepped around several piles of newspaper clippings and duct tape, before arriving at the table, where he sat down in his chair, the creaky one. His mother had left some bread on the table from her own breakfast, before she headed off to watch TV for an hour or so. Afterwards, she would head off to her new job, as a barista at Starbucks. He pitied all the customers she'd see.

He pulled out two slices of bread, before walking over to the toaster, and putting them inside. It took around ten minutes, as their toaster was probably the same age, but in years. Once done, he pulled out his toast, and put it down on his plate. Then, he opened up the refrigerator. He pushed a block of moldy cheese out of the way, before getting hold of the jar of grape jam. It was a week past expiration date, but that didn't matter much, right? He grabbed a plastic spoon, and scooped out some Jam, which he plopped down on his toast. He used the other side of the spoon to spread it around, before he put the two pieces of toast together, and ate his breakfast. Once finished, he put the plate and plastic spoon in the sink. When he came home, he'd wash them again so they could be reused. "Bye Maria," he called, before opening the door and leaving the apartment, closing it behind him. He headed down the hallways, and down the stairs, before reaching ground floor. He navigated through the crowded lobby, before making his way outside, and beginning the walk to school, which was a couple blocks from here.

HENRY, woke up as well, pushing the patchy wool blanket off of him, before he crawled out of his box, blinking his eyes up at the already risen sun. He saw one of his "neighbors", Jack, lying on the ground, with an old crinkled piece of aluminum, seeming to attempt to tan himself. Henry approached his "neighbor", grinning. "Hey Jack, I see you're up and out of your box quite early. How's your tan coming so far?" he asked, chuckling slightly. Jack looked up at him. Jack used to be one of those fraternity pricks from the local college, but then he got a slap in the face from Karma when he got his ass kicked in the real world.

Jack sighed, "How am I going to pick up and chicks if I ain't tan?" he asked.

Henry shrugged, attempting to be polite and kind, as usual. "You'll get it eventually Jack, don't worry," he assured him, albeit sarcastically. Truly though, he really couldn't give a fuck about the guy's "tanning". Honestly, he was pretty sure Jack had an IQ of 7, because just about every word that came out of the guy's mouth was something incredibly stupid.

He heard a dry laugh from his left, and looked over. Old Karla was sitting there on an old rusty metal folding chair. "Good morning to you Karla," he said with a smile. She smiled back, "Morning to you too Henry," he responded, before going back to closing her eyes, and attempting to rest. He was pretty sure Karla had been here, in her metal lean-to for decades, as that was what she told everyone. And honestly, he didn't doubt it. The woman knew everything there was to know about this city and it's streets. He went out near the street, sitting on the nearest bench, waiting for Dan to come by as he was on his way to school. Dan normally came by this route to talk to him. He was touched that his son still cared about him so much, when his ex-wife left him to die.

Because her Professor was concerned about her, she was sent down to the Councilor's Office after class. "So is everything okay, Sabrina? Your Professor sounded pretty concerned when he called and sent you down." Sabrina sighed as she didn't know where to start. Her Brother-in-law was dead, her older sister is eight months pregnant and has been of late very dependent on her for emotional support due to her loss. "Well, my Brother-in-Law died four months ago in a Car Accident and my older sister is pregnant with her first child. Its been a very hard time for her, but its also hard on me." Sabrina said timidly as she thought about her sister. "I see. I'm sorry for your loss." The Councilor sent her condolences to the Tang Sisters, which did make Sabrina's day a bit brighter. "She also chose me to be the Godmother of her child. So I've been pondering on that for the past three months as well." Because she looked so young, the Councilor looked surprised. Luckily, her next class wasn't until later in the Afternoon, so she decided to head home to spend a bit of time with her sister.

June woke up hirty minutes before she had to wake the kids up, she got herself a cup of coffee and then proceeded to wake all of them up "KIDS!! Its time to get up, she knew they would be down in a little bit and she put some toast in the toaster.

Derek was the first down stairs as per the usual and the first ready, well ready for another day of bullying and class. But hey when you are getting straight A's i guess you ok right? He waited for his annoying sister and brother to get out of bed, they all went on the same transfer bus, but the bullying starts when they get off .

Amber got up in a fit, "Mom, i don't want to go to school!" but there was no answer so she got up and walked down the stairs "Im ready adn im going outside!" She screamed as she let the front door slam behind her hoping that her little brother was not there. But he was and she just looked at him.

Justin got up and walked down staris he kissed his mom on the cheek and told her the bus would be there in five minutes to pick them up, the he smiled and walked out side. "You guys are early lol!" he said as he smiled and saw the bus come around the corner for school.

The bus picked them up and they went to school, after all thats what they do five days a week.

Upon leaving the University, Sabrina just headed straight home. She drove past the bus that had picked up Derek and Amber. The Embersonn Family lived right next door to her and her sister as well. Although she didn't really talk to them, she didn't mind their company. After about five seconds digging through her purse for her keys, Sabrina opened the door and set her book bag next to the closet by the stairway.

Nicole was woken up by her sister closed the front door. While laying one hand over her belly, she used her other arm practically as a pillow. Although there was Morning Sickness, Nausea, Back Pain, Insomnia and Heartburn, the thing Nicole hated about pregnancy was not being able to fit into her pants, but at the same time she did enjoy wearing dresses. She looked up at Sabrina when she walked into the Living Room. "Not to sound insulting, but I don't think you can get much bigger." Sabrina then found herself staring at her sister's belly. Nicole on the other hand just smiled. "Shut up." At least her sister meant it in a jokingly way rather then being insult. Nicole then sat up, lowering the sleeves on her Cardigan. Sabrina just sat down next to her sister. Suddenly Nicole felt kicking. "I didn't get much sleep last night. My little princess was kicking almost all night." she complained. "Well, she's probably anxious to meet her beautiful mother." Sabrina smiled as she put her hand on Nicole's belly. Nicole didn't seem to mind, because it was her sister, not a stranger. She smiled when her sister decided to listen to the baby. "I wonder if she recognizes my voice..." Sabrina was curious. Nicole smiled. "I'm sure she does. Seeing how much you're around me."

It was a quite morning for Marcus, he dealt only a single attempted robbery of a convenient store and three speeding pricks. This is the one thing he liked about the town, things were relatively quite and friendly for the most part as bad things still happened.

He took this quite time to complete a chore of his so he stopped at a looker grocer. He bought a few nausea medicine, panadol as well a few basic food stuffs. He drove to the drive away of the Tang residence, parked and sat in the car silently for a moment.

"Come on Rufus."He finally said grabbing the groceries and stepped out of his patrol car. He walked up to the main door and waited for Rufus to catch up before knocking."This is the police. We heard of a disturbance in this house. Open up!"

When Sabrina heard the knocking, she instantly recognized Marcus' voice. Nicole decided to go back to taking her nap because she was just woken up by the sound of Sabrina coming home and would wake up in between naps to spend time with her before she goes back to school. After she closed her eyes, Sabrina kneeled down and kissed her sister's swollen belly. Luckily, she wasn't wearing lipstick. She then leaned over to kiss her sister's forehead before going to answer the door. "Oh, hi Marcus."

"Hey, would it kill you guys to play along with a joke..."sigh" Oh well." Marcus said jokingly while Rufus barked happily at the sight of Sabrina."I am not going to stay here long. I just wanna drop of this goodie bag with everything a glowing mother would need. Speaking of which how is the woman of the hour."

June had heard barking, she just moaned "This early in the morning?" She stuck her head out the door and then walked onto the porch, "Hey Marcus!" She yelled, "Be careful or i'll have to call the police for harassment and a noise complaint!" She said jokingly. Once you move into this town you know everyone so its not so hard to get to know them at all. June was used to everyone around here and she knew a lot of people, she was still a bit nervous around some though.

"Afternoon Mrs Jackson!"He called back June tipping his hat before turning to Rufus. He spoke as if mad at Rufus but in a joking manner."You hear that, buddy, you are disturbing the nice lady. If she choses i can even have you arrested like other criminals." Rufus lowered his head and looked up at Marcus giving him the puppy dog eyes and whimpered a little."Come now, boy, don't try to use influence on me...You have to face the concequances.....It...wont...work.. Ah ok..."Marcus turned back Lucy."Oh look at that face, you cant stay mad at him."

"Nicole's doing fine. She's just taking a nap right now. She didn't get much sleep last night apparently." Sabrina answered his question on Nicole before being handed the bag of groceries and medication. When she saw the medication, Sabrina was unsure if it was safe for Nicole to take it, knowing that very few medications are okay to take during pregnancy, mainly because it can be a health hazard to the baby. If Nicole wasn't pregnant, she'd probably be slowly wasting herself away because of all the depression.

"I asked ahead about the medicine, they should be fine with the pregnancy as long as she does take more then the recommended doses on the pack."He said turning back to Sabrina, looking at her as if reading her mind. Despite the reply, Marcus sensed that the opposite may be true for both Nicole and Sabrina, the loss of his brother and having the pregnancy at the same time looked like there were taking there toll. He lowered his tone when he continued as if speaking in secret."And you? Your managing? The offer is still open for me to take care of Sabrina if you need to work or go out with friends. You life doesn't have to stop until the baby comes."

"Its fine, I can take care of my sister. She sleeps more then half the time anyway." Sabrina gently declined on Marcus' offer. Aside from her part time job and school, all Sabrina needed to do for Nicole was with heavy lifting and taking her to doctor's appointments. "Besides, the baby doesn't come for the next month. I'll be fine. Don't worry about it." The only thing that Sabrina was worried about is when her sister is 'nesting'. Of course, the Nursery was already over and done with, but there were other things to do, such as cleaning up around the house.

"Well, offer still stands whenever you find you do need it."He said but his tone changed to concern."However if you are not already just watch how often she sleep, oversleeping could effect her and her baby."

"I do. She sleeps eleven hours then takes 30-minute to hour long naps through out the day if she didn't get enough. Sometimes her insomnia tends to act up." Sabrina pointed out. "It was nice chatting with you, but I probably should go do my homework because I have an exam later in the afternoon."

Marcus nodded.

"Yeah i should probably get back to work as well. Again i am a phone call away if you need anythings, take advantage of me i dont care. You know my number right? 911?" He said a cheeky smile forming at the last and gave a wink."Later then." He turned to leave, walking down the porch with rufus before turning toward June's house." Still pressing charges on Rufus?"

June smiled "I don't think so sir, hes too cute to arrest! Besides that, Rufus would get past all of you before you even got hand cuffs on him!" She laughed and sat down on her porch, thinking on whether to go over and see Nicole and Sabrina or just do something else, god knows what else though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back