• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Realisic/Semi-Realistic

Reine

clinomania
Hey. I took photos of drawings I have wanted to see what I can improve, that I'll post below. On average I finish one in about an hour, because its hard for me to remain patient for big projects. I most often do portraits, as its difficult to get hands/proportions. That's why in the few full-body drawings I have, their hands are often behind their backs. I'm also really sloppy and hate cleaning up the lines, so it's messy.

Please give any suggestions/help on what to do next or how to improve. Thanks!

IMG_20161001_101728.jpg

IMG_20161001_101856.jpg

I just watched the Corpse Bride, and decided to make every single Disney character Tim Burton style. 

IMG_20161001_101935.jpg

I made this one most recently, also after watching the Corpse Bride.

Sorry for the quality. Android x3

1475335711705-871531965.jpg

I think that's it. Most of them are unfinished(again, impatient).

Hey so for the first few there are some inconsistencies proportion-wise. Like you stated mainly around the hands but also with regards to how large you've made the supporting neck.

In the last image though the 'crotch' area is pretty messed up tbh. Anatomically, even for cartoons/comics, you have a sense of symmetry with is not really being followed.

Here's an example of a 'person' from Image comics property 'Saga'.
ca4dea3590c871d4dca84d972a6ae592.jpg

Forget detailing, just proportion/symmetry.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hey so for the first few there are some inconsistencies proportion-wise. Like you stated mainly around the hands but also with regards to how large you've made the supporting neck.

In the last image though the 'crotch' area is pretty messed up tbh. Anatomically, even for cartoons/comics, you have a sense of symmetry with is not really being followed.

Here's an example of a 'person' from Image comics property 'Saga'.
ca4dea3590c871d4dca84d972a6ae592.jpg

Forget detailing, just proportion/symmetry.

Hope this helps a bit.

I'm not too worried on the cartoons. The crotch-y thing was meant to be part of the pants, not necessarily anatomical, but I see what you mean, especially with the neck. I'll look at some professional drawings as well as pictures. Thanks ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back