Random question, but...

LegoLad659

Fairy Queen
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
This is my mind just going in random places at random times, so you can completely disregard this whole thing and I'd be cool with that. I won't judge ( :P )

For some reason, when we get a jar of peanut butter, its usage is directly proportional to how much peanut butter is left in the jar. So, when the jar is brand new and completely full, it gets used really quickly, but when there's about 1/8 of the jar left suddenly it takes like a month to finish it off. It even feels like we're using like five times more peanut butter than it looks like is in there.

There's probably a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, but I'm just curious. Am I just strange, or does this happen regularly to everyone else? And are there any other everyday oddities like this that you guys have?

I feel the same thing happens with butter in my home, but it's not a grand mystery or anything. I just think everyone involved doesn't want to use all the butter in case someone else wants to get a sandwich.

AH! It is everything BUT random ! Have you hear of the Zipf mystery? It applies to everything apparently. Even your peanut butter jar usage.

Check it out and see if you like it. [media]

[/media]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back