Question (and various later questions)

PandaBrady

So, this is for questions I'll come up with as I attend here. My first question is,

If I am doing a Mech RP set in the Early 1900s that also deals with Magic, where should I put it in the Interest check and other areas?

It depends on the main focus of the role play, and other factors that go into the role play. Will the focus be on the magical elements, or the Mechs? You said the setting is early 1900's, but how does it differ from real life 1900's, aside from magic and Mechs? Are there fantasy animals? Are there androids walking about? What's the culture like?

It depends on the main focus of the role play, and other factors that go into the role play. Will the focus be on the magical elements, or the Mechs? You said the setting is early 1900's, but how does it differ from real life 1900's, aside from magic and Mechs? Are there fantasy animals? Are there androids walking about? What's the culture like?

Thanks for replying so quickly. The idea is that it is an AU of Earth, in which "Angels" and "Demons" and such actually exist (such being Yokai). The world has felt an upsurge of demons appear on earth after the great war. Because of this, a noted german scientist has developed steam powered humanoid robots to fight the larger threats. The Steam Golems. As they are still experimental, the scientist has allowed only 3 other military scientists access to the blueprints, 1 in Japan, 1 in America, and a final scientist in France. They each have a small group that use these, and some have been enhanced to work with "Witch" powers.

Witches being humans that are able to use Spiritual Power to fight against the Demons. Men can be Witches, but only when the son of a Witch (which usually doesn't happen because the Humans led a witch hunt 100 years prior thanks to the efforts of a disguised demon). The Culture is about the same, and the Mechs are probably... 4-7 Meters tall (~12-28 ft for fellow americans). Witches are seen as a necessary evil but if they begin making problems, they are executed immediately. Save for the small amount used by the military, and the clergy. 

Don't worry this will be more organized in the actual IC.

Also, I hope to make this part of a Larger Scale RP in the far off Future. Think Super Robot Wars, but with Mech series of my own making. Or other members, if I like them, and the GM is willing to Co with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely fantasy. While it uses elements of modern and futuristic settings, the overall tone is that of a fantasy setting. You would put this in the Fantasy Interest Checks. That also kind of works out well for you, as the Fantasy Interest Checks are generally the most populous area, so you're not waiting weeks just to kick your idea off the ground in Futuristic. 

Also, Question 2,

Does the idea of Multiple RPs becoming a Multiverse RP sound like a doable idea? Or no?

Question 3

What about Super Sentai RPs(cause Power Rangers just isn't as good. lol)?

2. A Multiverse sounds like an interesting idea. I know of people who have a world that they build upon and make several role plays out of to help build the world...

3. I haven't seen a lot of those around. You're welcome to try, though. 

@PandaBrady

1. I agree with @Noivian.

2. Give it a shot, you never know how it will take. Anything can be meshed together if you find the right road.

3. I'm sorry, I can't help there, I don't know what that is.

Also, Question 2,

Does the idea of Multiple RPs becoming a Multiverse RP sound like a doable idea? Or no?

Question 3

What about Super Sentai RPs(cause Power Rangers just isn't as good. lol)?

For two, I've seen it done. Both good, and badly. The obstacle your going to run into is time. To even begin a Multiverse RP, you require multiple RPs to already be established. If this is an Original Multiverse RP, that means having to have multiple Original RPs being successfully launched and kept alive. I don't say this to discourage you. Merely to be real.

As for 3, I've also seen a few of these done. Usually in combination with well-established Fandom universes. Its not exactly my natural RP type, but if the plot is good, you'll find me up for perusing the thread.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back