News Quality of Life: Post Saving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SORCERYYYYYYYYY

xD

This is awesome! This shall be a lifesaver - I'm glad to have this. I've 'posted' stuff many times and never actually did. Then I realized it too late.

Fantastic! Far too many times I've just written a paragraph or so just right, then poof, gone and I can't get it quite the same again. At least, that's what I say... no more excuses now...

simj22 said:
Rip in pepperoni and spaghetti, Ian, John, Clarice, Simon, Jane, and Macklemore, my deceased posts. You will not be forgotten.
But not Harry. Fuck Harry. He was a dick.
xD Poor Harry lol

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!

I once lost two paragraphs because I accidentally exed out of my tab.

..and I only cried for 20 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be noted that this feature does not work, at least I believe, if you are editing a post or are writing your post in the full page text editor that comes up when you click "More Options..." I do appreciate the extension, but people should still be careful about backing up their in progress content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tronethiel said:
It should be noted that this feature does not work, at least I believe, if you are editing a post or are writing your post in the full page text editor that comes up when you click "More Options..." I do appreciate the extension, but people should still be careful about backing up their in progress content.
Works just fine with more options.

Grant Fontenot'

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Works just fine with more options.

[/QUOTE]
I stand corrected! Just tested it. I thought I'd remembered losing a post like that a while back. I was probably remember some other awful incident, haha.

Thanks for pointing that out.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Works just fine with more options.

[/QUOTE]
Are you sure? My post just deleted and I was in more options mode so...

how do u like me now huh

MrMister said:
Are you sure? My post just deleted and I was in more options mode so...
I tested it yesterday. I don't think it will have the "draft saved" pop up and you may have to wait more than ten seconds, but the message had saved for me. I'll do more tests when I'm at an actual laptop though just to be sure.

Nope! Just did a few tests. Basically, unless you're using the basic rich text editor, the "draft saved" box will not show up. However, that does not mean that it is not functioning the same way. I went into more options, turned off rich text editor, waited ten seconds sort-of-exactly, and when I went back to the thread, what I had typed was still there. I suspect that either you simply did not wait the full ten seconds. As for if the draft will save for the remainder of the week, well, I would have to get back to you after a full week has passed.

One interesting thing to note, though, is that whatever you have presently typed in the normal textbox will transfer over to the "more options" textbox, regardless of what the last draft had been that I had saved. Meaning if I were to just delete everything I had typed just now and clicked straight away to more options, there would be no text to show. However, if I go back to the thread as normal, my last saved draft will be there. Less probable, but that may also have to do with your previous draft not showing up.

Bless RPN *shakes head* No. Bless God *shakes head again* No. Bless God, RPN, and the Staffs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back