Pryonn Karn [ APPROVED ]

Unwavering Knight

Fool's Errant
What do you expect from RP's? :

Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain : Perhaps this one will actually bear some sort of fruition, the GMs appear willing and energetic, their motivation having lasted for quite a long time. I expect much from this RP, simply because its inhabitants seem willing to see things through.

What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : Freeform has borne many a disappointing ending for me, with most RPs simply dying due to fading interest of the GM and/or players. The only thing that I managed to "gain" beyond temporary satisfaction were concepts for a great variety of characters, as well as an overall improvement in my writing-style. I do not expect much from Freeform RPs anymore.

What genres of Roleplay do you like? : Medieval Fantasy is my usual forté, though I have dabbled a bit in Modern Superhero stuff and played quite a long campaign of Twilight 2000 (Post-Nuclear-War Themed System) via chatroom. In freeform, I most certainly prefer Medieval Fantasy.

What times are you available? : I can usually set aside some time each day.

How long on average are you on? : One hour to two hours, though it happens that I think about how to construct my next post through for entire days

How many posts a week do you think you can make? : Two or three usually, four or five if necessary.

Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Truth be told, I only dabbled a bit in that regard. If I have any ideas that I would find fitting, I will be happy to contribute.

Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Depends on if I have enough free-room to make that role "mine". If not, then not. I have my preferences, and I will not submit to a role that I do not have fun with.

Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : Yes.

Would you be willing to GM certain events? : Unlikely, certainly not if any of my characters are directly involved.

General Traits

Character Picture:
v1a3gDI.jpg

Character Role: Main (Pryonn), NPC (Kaatl the fairy)

Character Name: Pyronn Karn and Kaatl

Meaning of Name: None

Alias: "Wings of Hope"

Race: Pryonn is mostly human.

Appearance
Height: 7'2''
Weight: 312 lbs
Hair: Pryonn's hair was blond.
Eyes: He was noted to have blue eyes.
Body Marks: During his childhood his instructors noted the presence of a variety of disturbing scars, ranging from what appeared to be animal-bites, badly-rendered stitches and some whose shapes had no name, spread irregularly all over his body, though most concentrated on his back.

Biography

Birth Place: Maxwell
Date of Birth: 3rd Feusen 997 CYAD
Nationality: Northerner
Personality: Pryonn, on first glance, appears as skittish and nervous when first confronting strangers, doubly so if they are of the female gender of which he has an instinct-driven fear. This he usually tries to cover up with a loud, reverberating voice to varying degrees of success. Despite initial impressions he actually bears an honest cheerfulness that some might deem downright child-like and naíve. Till now, he has not stayed long enough in any one place to create lasting friendships due to his nomadic lifestyle, though he naturally seems to prefer not to remain within the presence of others for long, barring his longstanding friends.

2 Positive Traits: When faced with blatant injustice, the villains exploiting the weak, all manner of hesitation ceases and is replaced with a reveling in his own fantastic audacity as he chants and charges with a desperate disregard for his own existence. His faith stems from a deepseated anti-nihilism that drives him to live in the moment all too aware of the horrors that stalk the night, deriving strength from his suffering in the face of hardship.

2 Negative Traits: He bears a deepseated feeling of taint, inducing selective paranoia that drives him to always keep any trace of his body out of sight from others, going so far as to deny any medical aid, be it mundane or magical, curious or friendly. He is also easily deceived, stemming from his own forceful taking of everyone's word at face-value, no matter how obvious the lie might be. His self-destructive tendencies invoke the image of a martyr without cause, grasping listlessly for one last shot at glory.

Weaknesses: Easily deceived, all too quick to jump to conclusions, paranoia, impetuous to always keep in motion, fear of women.

History: The spawn of a secret affair between a valiant knight (mother) and a lowly blacksmith (father), the former of which vanished under mysterious circumstances. Pryonn first emerged from the house of his father at the age of five, his skin pallid from lack of exposure to sun. The moment his father deemed him sufficient, the blacksmith immediately offered his son to the same knightly order the child's mother had once been part of.

Pryonn took easily to the chivalric teachings, learning with a vigor and naiveté that his instructors were certain would fade in time. Several oddities became apparent, as the child exhibited a strange, instinctive fear of any female he encountered, as well as episodes of anxiety during which he complained of visions that made little sense but caused him great pain. While still able to fulfill his duties, he found himself estranged from his peers.

It was at the age of thirteen that the boy encountered the fairy Kaatl, wounded, her wings broken and unretractable. Carefully Pryonn nurtured her back to health as best as he could, though her wings never fully recovered. She could still glide and keep her balance, but true flight was barred from her. Stuck, but thankful, she decided to stay with him to give company against his growing distress.

Reaching the age of eighteen, an incident occurred, affecting the entirety of the knightly order he was part of. Prior to his ceremony to receive full knighthood, something emerged from beneath and dragged the unfortunates down with it. Not much is understood of what happened exactly, and in fact Pryonn was presumed dead along with all the other knights, though he later emerged again, fully clad in his remarkable suit of plates, travelling the land with Kaatl in search of innocents to aid, as was a proper knight's duty.

Life Skills: Fighting with various weaponry, low-grade smithing, knitting, dancing, writing and reading.

Material Possessions

Clothing and Attire:
A pointedly featureless, but on closer inspection masterfully crafted suit of marble-white plates, interlocking and giving no sight of even the slightest inch of flesh underneath. It bears not a single known mark of any smith.

Personal Items: Halberd, sword, knitting-kit, provisions

Last edited:
Combat Section

Character Class: Combateer:

Description: Combateers concentrate on close range combat, and are masters of attack and defense. They are self reliant always having others depend on them rather than vice versa. While they excel both in group and single combat, when engaging large numbers it may take some time to deal with all opponents.

Elements Affinity: Fire / Earth / Ice / Steel

Types of Artes: ATK / DEF / EHM / SPT

Stats: HP: 14 / SE: 16 / CCA: 9 / ATK: 5 / DEF: 1 / EHM: 1 / SPT: 1

Support Tech:

Combo ATK lvl 2

Target Aim lvl 1 (Target 2 enemies)

Strength lvl 1

Strength lvl 2

Strength lvl 3

Strength lvl 4 (200 lbs)

Speed lvl 1

Speed lvl 2

Speed lvl 3

Speed lvl 4 (17.5 m/s)

Items:

Item Slot: Armband of Warriors

Special Ability: Sacrifice: Pryonn offers 4 HP to replenish 8 SE ONCE per battle.

Personal Artes:

Arte level 1 (Unlocked)
Name of Arte: One Shot
Type: ATK
Description: A simple attacking arte, a pronounced lunge forward leading into a broad swipe to damage the foe in his path for 3 HP.
Elemental: Steel
Price: 5 Token points
Cost: 6 SE
CCA: 3

Arte level 2 (Unlocked)
Name of Arte: Burden for Birth
Type: EHM
Description: Conditioned, self-ruining qualities return to the fore, each hardened impact of the knight's weapon releases shrapnel that punctures the enemy. Up to 4 lost HP are turned into damage for the knight's first successful basic attack within a round for two rounds. Duration can only be extended by Self-Destructive Charge.
Price: 10 Token points
Cost: 12 SE
CCA: 6

Arte level 3
Name of Arte: Self-Destructive Charge
Type: EHM
Description: The armor's secondary function is abused. Pain is weakness, leaving the body. The duration of Burden for Birth is extended by 2 rounds and up to 8 lost HP are turned into damage for the knight's first successful basic attack within a round.
Price: 15 Token points
Cost: 18 SE
CCA: 9

Arte level 4
Name of Arte: Grind The Meat
Description: The metal is willing, the flesh complies. Holding command of his being, the knight directs small pieces of his armor to fly towards foes and rupture their bodies, or imbue his fingers to become claws and rend the enemy. 12 Damage dealt.
Price: 20 Token points
Cost: 24 SE
CCA: 12

Arte level 5
Name of Arte: / Living Weapon
Description: Flesh and metal merge, creating a singularly toxic union and imbuing the knight's weapon with a mixture of his very own being. Pyronn's mind is fulfilled by an overbearing need, a distorted voice screeching for fulfillment. Striking the foe, the knight directs his matter to split and freely rampage in the enemy's body, shredding innards and bones alike. 15 Damage dealt.
Price: 25 Token points
Cost: 30 SE
CCA: 15

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back