Pronounciation

Jukashi

Four Thousand Club
Just how, exactly, do you pronounce certain words and names? How do you pronounce Mnemon? (M'neh-mohn? M'nee-mohn? Muh-neh-mohn?) How about Orichalcum? (Oh-ree-hal-cum? Oh-reye-cal-cum?) Chejop Kejak? Malfean? And many more.

There are tons of words I'm unsure of. Sorry if this has been a topic before (I searched and didn't find anything), but none of my books seem to say.

Jukashi said:
Just how, exactly, do you pronounce certain words and names? How do you pronounce Mnemon? (M'neh-mohn? M'nee-mohn? Muh-neh-mohn?) How about Orichalcum? (Oh-ree-hal-cum? Oh-reye-cal-cum?) Chejop Kejak? Malfean? And many more.
There are tons of words I'm unsure of. Sorry if this has been a topic before (I searched and didn't find anything), but none of my books seem to say.
Nemon. Orikalkum. The others aren't actual words or fragments of words, though Malfean is probably based on the word for "ill-intent" and therefore pronounced mal-fee-an.

It's, um, a fantasy game. Presumably with fantasy languages. Don't bother with consistency unless it's important to your group. I've roleplayed with... about half my crews have been dyslexic, and you just ignore it. So what if everyone pronpunces it differently?

Er, pronounces.

Most of the more common words are real words and can be looked up for it. Like Anethema, Sidereal, Orichalcum, and a few others. If you want to be strict and be correct, I recomend looking it up in a dictionary, and if it's not there, guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back