Story Power Holders Academy

Revna Eris

Overachiever
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
This is something I wrote for a book I'm doing. One of my friends helped me out coming up with terms and such. So... Please tell me what you think. I wrote this idea down in first person earlier today as I'm still working out characters.

20 years ago, a meteorite was on a collision course with Earth. However, it never entered Earth’s atmosphere, much less make contact with it. Instead, it stood in the sky, seemingly motionless with its strange purple glow. The curious came out to see this new cosmic entity. Little did they know, just looking at this meteor bestowed upon them a curse.

And then you came into their lives. A little paler than most children, but no one thought anything of it, initially. You grow up with a little more scrutiny from your doctor as you constantly have problems with your blood count. Your younger siblings, if you have any, seem perfectly fine. A few years in, your doctor diagnoses you with Chronic Blood Deficiency. They convince your parents to put you under special care; one that will take you away from your parents, but will give you a fighting chance in society. And they agreed to it. You and some others ranging from ages 5-18 all hop in a van then a boat to an island.
You spend a year getting used to this island away from your parents. You are not allowed to come into contact with your parents, but every month, you have your picture taken.

You attend Power Holders Academy. Here, you learn the reason why you have Chronic Blood Deficiency. According to your teacher, your parent or parents looked up at the astroid known as “Etiam.” Because of this, your body produces a crystal substance, called Etiorite, in place of some of your blood. You notice some students around you seem more pale than others. You are told it is because the paler ones are producing more Etiorite and less blood than others.
They further explain that Etiorite is colored differently for each student based on what their power is or may be. The teachers and researchers seem to have come to the conclusion that Etiam appears only once a year because it resides in the dark realm at all other times.

I'm aware it isn't completely original. But is anything completely original anymore? I have so much more developed for this idea like how students are categorized and the dark realm and such.

I really like the idea of a sickly person possessing abilities as well as the mystery you're setting up with the meteorite! Pretty fascinating names as well. I would suggest changing the name of the academy however. You have an interesting name for the blood within the children, why not come up with something intresting for the academy as well. I'm not sure what else you have planned, but I would read it. :closed eyes open smile:

That's very kind of you. However coming up with the name for the academy isn't all that easy. I have been inspired by movies, books, and a VERY LONG and LENGTHY dream. I actually am working on a rough draft of the first chapter, that I will not be posting, but I do want to turn this into a roleplay. I'm also willing to answer questions you might have. Because... I don't have a life, and I'm on here almost 24/7

That's fine, I was just suggesting. It's great you're inspired by your dream, I've always wanted dreams like that but I always get the ones that don't make a lick of sense XD

I am curious about the island like who bought it and why was this island chosen for the academy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back