Post Apocalyptic Factions

Which one do you like the most concept-wise?

• The Scorched

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Racers

• The Last Batallion

• The Children of the Fathers

• The Valkyries

• Total voters

Sullivanity

Sophisticated Sea Dweller
Hey, I've had this idea in my head for a awhile now and I wanted to put it into action her. I have been playing Fallout recently, and I started creating some factions in my head, so I wanted to see what you guys thought of them. Each pray to unique God(s) that sorta embody what their all about.

-The Scorched

The most fanatical cult out in the wasteland, these zealous pyromaniacs believe in the "Unseen Flame", a fire that gives flesh instead of taking it. They believe their goddess, The Green Mistress, who lives in the holy land of Manhattan to the east, keeps the Unseen Flame in a sacred torch. In actuality, the Unseen Flame is radiation, causing the Scorched to hold places like the ground zeros of nuclear strikes and busted nuclear power plants as sacred places. Over the generations, the Scorched have built a natural resistance to the radiation. They are lead by High Priestess Scylla "The Atomic".

-The Racers

This barbaric gang is a conglomerate of bandits who are obsessed with drugs, sex, fast cars, and rock 'n roll. They worship the three angels: Octanius, guardian of speed, Jubilus, guardian of revelry, and Narcoticus, guardian of substance. They believe that by preforming outrageous stunts and purposely risking ones life to gain the angels' favor via entertaining them is the only way to achieve salvation. the hold amphitheaters, race tracks, and any other place of entertainment before the war as a Temple. The are lead by Master Zeke "The Freak".

-The Last Battalion

These raiders are the best equipped militarily in the wasteland. A shadow of what was once the US military, they seek to bring order to a world of chaos. They see this quest to be a holy war, one that is destined to last for all time. By fighting this eternal war, they appease their twin gods Militia and Caliber. They also believe that guns are a gift from the gods unto man in order to perpetuate conflict. As a result, they hold ancient bunkers and armories as holy sites. Each of the last battalion has their blood type tattooed on their wrist, so that even in death they can serve the Battalion. They are lead by High General Vartan "The Bringer of Lead Rain".

-The Children of the Fathers

Originally an offshoot of the Last Battalion, this faction worships the Founding Fathers, a group of prophets who ascended after forming the long lost kingdom of America, taking their rightful place as gods in the paradise of Colombia. However, the people of America fell into debauchery and where destroyed by the Fathers for their heresy. The Children of the Fathers believe that by uniting the tribes of the wasteland, they emulate the actions of their gods, and those who die for the cause and those who live to see it through will ascend to Colombia. they are easily identifiable by their hair which has been bleached white and is often worn in a pony tail. Government buildings and historical museums are often used as their bases. They are lead by Prophident Cornelius "The Eagle".

-The Valkyries

This last one I have no idea what to do, other than making it's warriors completely made up of baddass female. I feel like the wasteland needs a women's touch, especially after watching Fury Road with Furiosa and the Vuvalini. Also I think five is a nice round number for factions.

So there they are. I know it's a bit long, so I appreciate any feedback like a hundred times more that normal.

Concept-wise, I think "Children Of The Fathers" is the most unique one, although I could just be biased because I've been cracking out on Bioshock Infinite for the past few days. That said, I still think The Racers are the best, because Fallout really doesn't have any "Mad Max" style factions and to me at least that's just sinful.

Thanks for the input! just to clarify, the factions I made aren't meant to be in a fallout-based RP, just any RP with a post apocalyptic setting. They where definitely inspired by Fallout though, especially the Scorched (Children of Atom) and the Last Battalion (The Brotherhood of Steel), but I tried to be original. I am considering making an RP with them, but I'm caught between Futuristic and World-Building.

IMHO, you should check out "A Boy And His Dog". It's the movie that Fallout loosely bases its look-and-feel upon, but I have a feeling it will help you answer the question of whether Futuristic or World-Building would be the more fun to play with overall.

Also, if your game includes a faction of luchadors, I'm totally in.

Thanks! If you have any ideas for the Valkyries, I'd love to hear them as I can't think of any thing good other than them being badass women

Users who are viewing this thread

Back