• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon - A Fresh Perspective (OOC)

norway

a white butterfly
Hey guys! Here is the OOC thread.

This will be the place for story discussion, banter, jokes, relevant memes and art, and so on. I do ask that you refrain from excessive gifs and videos.

Rules here:

• Please discuss big changes with me before implementing them
• Be respectful
• This is a drama and judgement free zone

• Please post at least every three days

• If you’re going away for a while or are not interested please let us know here. If you need a break we can just say your character went somewhere but If you are gone for more than 4 days and do not post anything I will have to kick you. I will send out an “are you okay” message before that though. I don’t mind if you need to leave.

•Any and all issues will be brought to me please, do not fight personally and cause people to lose interest. I will sort things out. We all friends here mates.

Last edited:
As stated in the interest check, I want this to be a spectacular journey of some kind. I’d like this to be a decent group, with unique characters - however, please, no:

• Mary/Gary sues
• no OP characters
• no psychics or talking Pokémon (aside from telepathy or birds) and so forth.
• You may have any aspiration you want, but at the moment we are all trainers.

But aside from that, what would you all like to see?

• Preferences for where the story goes?
• What would you like to have included?

I want things to be slightly challenging but mostly not complicated at all. That also goes for dice, I’m not a math minded person so it will be relatively simple but fair. I don’t want anyone getting overwhelmed and leaving.

Other than that, welcome to the group and thank you for your interest!

More threads will be coming tonight, I just wanted you guys to know I’m working on it. Will post the character thread next and you guys have a couple days to work on them. I can’t do much on this phone.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Go ahead and post your preferences and opinions if you have any. Also, what region would y’all prefer? I’m thinking Alola but we can have our own or pick one already made.

I love the alola region and i'm always wanting to play kind of a damaged character, so is it cool that i have one for this rp? It's a little dark, but it won't be too dark since it's pokemon.

Also, if we do alola are we keeping z moves and meg evolutions or are there any restrictions that we'll have?

I love the alola region and i'm always wanting to play kind of a damaged character, so is it cool that i have one for this rp? It's a little dark, but it won't be too dark since it's pokemon.

Also, if we do alola are we keeping z moves and meg evolutions or are there any restrictions that we'll have?

Yeah that’s fine! I’m not limiting you guys on creativity just be reasonable. I know you never fail to impress!

What do you guys want in regards to zmoves? Mega evolutions are for sure in but it depends, are zmoves even useful? Lol.

Bonjour everyone!

For region based, I would be either Alola, Unova, or Johto.

Glad you could make it a Red! 3 votes for Alola. Will wait on other preferences.

Hiya everyone, super excited to do this. Pokemon knowledge takes up like 69% of the room in my brain.

As for region honestly I’d prefer Johto but I’m fine with Alola if that’s where it ends up being.

Personally, I don't care for Z moves but like what red said, if we do this in alola z moves are important. i honestly just love alolan raichu

I'm not big on Z moves, but if we end up doing the Alola region then it's fine! My first pokemon game was in the Sinnoh region so Im a little bias when I say I would like to play in that one, but honestly I feel like any region could be great! I agree with lonecoyote lonecoyote I love alolan raichu xD

Not a fan of Z moves or mega evolutions and also not a fan of Alola either. Although I’ll go with the majority.

I would prefer one of the other regions or preferably one created by us.

Hey guys, so sorry I didn’t finish uploading last night, had some last minute plans and then fell asleep as soon as I got home.

So I want everyone to be happy - based on the votes, we could do Alola, or alternatively create our own region that maybe has a bit of every region packed into one. If we create a region it’s going to be a while before this starts and I don’t want everyone to lose interest, however it would also give you more time to work on characters.

Also, we could start in Alola and while we rp there, work on a new region and have that be where we end up as the story goes on.

Idk. Thoughts? I don’t want this to die so, work with me guys ❤️

Will have the character sheet up soon.

As I said I’m not fussed on Alola but that’s because I much prefer the Gym system.

I personally put a vote towards creating our own region.

Also I have an idea for a character that pretty much needs gyms to be a thing lol.

Oh man... umm I like the idea of just starting now in Alola and ending up in our new region. It would already give us a little bit of a plot, plus we can start sooner and Im impatient xD But if CaptainSully CaptainSully would really like to start in the new region, plus it heavily impacts his character, Im totally good with that too! It would give me more time to work on my character as well lol

Plus I feel like maybe while we start the rp and we still have things to discuss and try to fit into the plot it will make this last a while!

norway norway
One question, would it matter how many characters we have or do we just to stick with one?
I’d say maximum two for now, and then as we get into it if things are going well you’re welcome to throw in another. Let’s just start off as simple as possible for interest sake?

@ everyone (because apparently I cannot tag right now .-. )

So yeah, I’m liking and appreciate everyone’s feedback. It sounds like everyone likes the Alola > New Region concept, so let’s go ahead and see where that goes. We can start the story in Alola for a while and while we’re going through that we can be working on the new region, I am open to feedback however I’d like it to be unique from the others.

As for.Captain Sullys preferences I will incorporate some kind of non complicated badge system and hopefully a league for you! Anyone else is welcome to join that as well. I’ll probably take over most NPCs for simplicity’s sake.

So now that we have that figured out - where would you guys like to start off? I’m thinking post Alola games, so after all the team skull drama. We could even have it that the Ultra Beasts are the ones that send us to this new region maybe? Idk.

We could do the generic “everyone meets up at a festival” or if anyone has more creative ideas hit me, I just woke up so brain isn’t spitting things out yet lol.

Sorry I'm late to the party, but just wanted to say the Alola/New region thing works for me.

Orre would be difficult to rp anyway.

i’m fine with starting with alola. personally for my character the bad/evil team plays a huge part in her backstory so as long as they’re incorporated, im fine.

creating a new region will be fun and if you want me to, i don’t mind playing npc’s as well

I’d say maximum two for now, and then as we get into it if things are going well you’re welcome to throw in another. Let’s just start off as simple as possible for interest sake?

@ everyone (because apparently I cannot tag right now .-. )

So yeah, I’m liking and appreciate everyone’s feedback. It sounds like everyone likes the Alola > New Region concept, so let’s go ahead and see where that goes. We can start the story in Alola for a while and while we’re going through that we can be working on the new region, I am open to feedback however I’d like it to be unique from the others.

As for.Captain Sullys preferences I will incorporate some kind of non complicated badge system and hopefully a league for you! Anyone else is welcome to join that as well. I’ll probably take over most NPCs for simplicity’s sake.

So now that we have that figured out - where would you guys like to start off? I’m thinking post Alola games, so after all the team skull drama. We could even have it that the Ultra Beasts are the ones that send us to this new region maybe? Idk.

We could do the generic “everyone meets up at a festival” or if anyone has more creative ideas hit me, I just woke up so brain isn’t spitting things out yet lol.
I think generic festival is good. Could have a few different things going on so people can meet up in different places. If everyone ends up in the same scene it can slow things right down.

On a side note, what we doing in terms of starters etc? Are we just having one Pokemon each? a team? Can we select anything or are we limited in some way?

Yeah I'd say generic festival in Alola works best, I don't think it matters too much how it starts anyway.

As for going to the new region how about our characters all go because no one here actually seems to like Z moves or trials and we all wanna get away from them lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back