• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: A Sinnoh Journey [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Sounds good, thanks for clearing that up. Now I just need my rival to abandon an op Chimchar and we're good. I'll try to let you know beforehand if there's something specific I'm after, that way we can all plan out the episode with minimal setbacks.

Edit: One more question if we aren't using levels how will evolution be handled? maybe like an episode requirement? or is it situational?

Sounds good, thanks for clearing that up. Now I just need my rival to abandon an op Chimchar and we're good. I'll try to let you know beforehand if there's something specific I'm after, that way we can all plan out the episode with minimal setbacks.

Edit: One more question if we aren't using levels how will evolution be handled? maybe like an episode requirement? or is it situational?
This will be largely subjective to the Pokémon itself and how long you've had the Pokémon in retrospect. I think at first we'll hold off on any early evolutions, at least until we've gotten to Oreburgh. We aren't going to make battling the only way for your Pokémon to grow. As seen frequently in the show, developing the deep bond between Pokémon and trainer often allows for Pokémon to evolve with minimal battle experience.
I dont think time will be much of a factor as Pokémon can reach old age in their first form.
Edit: We can use levels as a guideline. For instance, it would take much more for Mienfoo to evolve into Mienshao compared to Ratatta evolving into Raticate.

Last edited:
Been thinking over the group's start, and I think I thought of something. As a way for the noobies to have all met previously, they all could have gone to a summer Trainer camp the year before graduation. This way you didn't have to all come from the same city or region, but you've all spent some time together previously. Fastforward to everyone starting their adventure and you all run into eachother in Jubilife. That would be where we start off from.

So I've got an idea for basically endgame rp, but I'm gonna share anyway cause I think it could be cool. We could do our Pokemon League tournament in the colosseum thread as separate 1v1 threads inviting other people to partake as trainers. We would have a recruitment thread sometime before to gather enough people for at least a 16 person tournament. Our Cooridinator and Experienced trainer could even cook up a Trainer to participate. The winner of said tournament would then just take me on, in a full 6 on 6 battle for the Championship. Of course we'd need to find a minimum of 12 other People to be on board, and I'm unsure if Pokémom battles are allowed in the Colosseum, but this sounds much more fun than me just writing out pages of Battle scenarios between npc characecters. Any thoughts on the idea are welcome!

Human__Ramen Human__Ramen Love your sheet! And your choice of Pokémon made me think of something we've yet to discuss. I think this will all go up in the guidelines. Stone/Item/Trade evolutions.
Evolutions that only require a stone, like Misdreavus won't be changed, though we wil make finding a firestone, duskstone, waterstone, etc will be extremely hard.
Evolutions with an item, such as Electivire or Magmortar, will be changed to the regular way of evolution we're already going to be using. Same with trade based Evolutions.
Pokémom that require high friendship will remain that way. Evolving one of those Pokémon will require an unbelievably strong bond between trainer and Pokémon. We'll also be keeping the stipulations for Umbreon and Espeon requiring Night time and Day time respectively. Location based evolutions can be adjusted to biomes or even stones if we feel it fits.
I don't want to go through every possible change right now as it would make more sense to wait and see what Pokémon you all choose for your teams. I will be adding the more broad changes to the guidelines later.

weeee hopefully my sheet is alright lol they always give me trouble. just let me know if i need to change/add anything *v*

With everyone's sheet's up, I'd like to get the actual rp started today! Will post the link in here once the Main thread is up. We're just gonna start slow, let introductions roll and just let everyone feel it out at first. Once we get the group together, maybe have our first rival battle? To start this will be "Episode 0: Prologue"

Main Thread is up!
For now we'll say Episode 0 ends after we finish our first rival battle.
Edit: let me know if the poke-pun businesses are too much. Ill hitmonstop ;)

Last edited:
Gonna try and reply tonight, to be clear our characters are already together or did I misread that?

Gonna try and reply tonight, to be clear our characters are already together or did I misread that?
Yea, I put everyone together and kind of skipped over all the introductory stuff.

should we figure out a posting order or? :0
I didn't want to have a post order because I thought it would be more limiting for dialouge. Im open to having one though if everyones on board? Post order also prevents puts the group at a lull if someone isnt available to post.

ohh okay, true! my only concern was stepping on any toes, in case we were all writing posts at the same time and then had to go back and edit haha. but that said, I’ll hop on a reply after Arael I guess?

ohh okay, true! my only concern was stepping on any toes, in case we were all writing posts at the same time and then had to go back and edit haha. but that said, I’ll hop on a reply after Arael I guess?
I totally see where your coming from. Battles and contests will definitely have a post order when the time comes.

I'll wait for literally anyone to reply, Ashley isn't the type to strike up small talk first
Understandable, fitting of your character.

I’m trying to come up with a way for my character to meet you guys. Ha ha will post tonight.

I might have to go out of character and post in the main thread first because this is starting to worry me

I'm working on a post now, sorry. Work had me on and off site for a while but I should be able to post tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back