• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

PM Notifications

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
Hello! I am not getting any notifications when I am receiving private messages at the moment. Is this a universal problem or is it just me? And can it be fixed... please?

I am still getting emails when I get private messages and the private message still shows up when I go to the conversation, but getting notifications on the site really is helpful and kinda important considering I don't check the gmail account that I use for rpn very often.

I was actually just about to post a thread about this problem as well xD For me, it looks like the site is immediately marking any new messages as 'Read' the moment they're posted, for some reason.

LegoLad659 said:
I was actually just about to post a thread about this problem as well xD For me, it looks like the site is immediately marking any new messages as 'Read' the moment they're posted, for some reason.
That actually seems to be a very accurate description of the problem. Good to know I'm not the only one... hopefully someone who can fix it will see this soon.

I just posted a thread asking about this problem too a little while ago. Great to know that it is pretty universal and not just my computer!

DaughterofAthena said:
Hello! I am not getting any notifications when I am receiving private messages at the moment. Is this a universal problem or is it just me? And can it be fixed... please?
I am still getting emails when I get private messages and the private message still shows up when I go to the conversation, but getting notifications on the site really is helpful and kinda important considering I don't check the gmail account that I use for rpn very often.
LegoLad659 said:
Axel1313 said:
I just posted a thread asking about this problem too a little while ago. Great to know that it is pretty universal and not just my computer!
Is it working correctly now?

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Is it working correctly now?

[/QUOTE]
The message you sent me worked, but I haven't gotten any messages that were part of already existing conversations since then so I am not sure. Do new conversations and new messages in preexisting conversations work the same way?

DaughterofAthena said:
The message you sent me worked, but I haven't gotten any messages that were part of already existing conversations since then so I am not sure. Do new conversations and new messages in preexisting conversations work the same way?
Let me know as soon as you can, existing conversations should send notifications.

Some of the users who reached out privately in Admin Contact have stated that it is good now.

Let me know if it changes :3

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Some of the users who reached out privately in Admin Contact have stated that it is good now.

[/QUOTE]
I just got a pm notification from an already existing conversation so I would say we are good!

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Is it working correctly now?

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Let me know as soon as you can, existing conversations should send notifications.

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Some of the users who reached out privately in Admin Contact have stated that it is good now.

[/QUOTE]
Yep, everything's fine now. Thanks, Wiz! (^.^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back