Please, help fast!

Zaramis

Heh. I know I usually dont qualify for a newbie, but I have a game in a few minutes, and I cant figure something out.

Ghosts in the core book use the normal spirit charms, and have the charm materialize.

Ghosts in the Abyssal book has a very high Compassion charm that materializes them into fully physical form.

Are these charms the same? SHould I remove the first "charm" and replace it with the other?

Also, can ghosts be visible to people without materializing? I know they can do light effects and such, but can they show themselves as immaterial spirit beings to anyone if they wish?

I dont have time right now to look through all the info about this in the books, but if someone doesnt want to answer and instead point where it is said in the books ( page, please ) I am very willing to read it :P

Ghosts using Spirit Charms was just a stopgap until the Abyssal book was released. Ghosts now properly use Arcanoi. There is a specific path that covers materialization, et al.

-S

Thanks!

ANd in that path, the Materialization charm is Compassion 5. This seems quite hard to use for most ghosts? And why can they change their appearance to be all sorts of creepy, if they have to materialize to show themselves. Or can they show themselves without materializing?

I don't have the books in front of me, as I'm at work, but I do recall that they can appear as a "ghostly image" with the right Arcanoi. They're in the Abyssal book. Take a look.

As far as Materialization requiring Compassion 5, I too think that's kind of fucked. So what, the ghosts of bastards can't take physical form?

I allow evil spirits and ghosts to use an alternate virtue, "Contempt" to replace Compassion for Charm requirements.

-S

Ive read through all the arcanoi for Ghosts now, and there isnt a single arcanoi that allows them to show themselves.

There's one that allows them to light up, one that allows them to create darkness, one that allows them to create illusions..

From the description of the glowing arcanoi, it says it makes the ghost glow to cause effects, and its visible in the living world ( the glow ). Is this the effect to use to allow them to also become visible, perhaps? Its a compassion 1 arcanoi, lowest of the "Illusion" tree.

I thought that ghosts could just naturally make themselves visible at will, so long as it was at night?

I believe Jukashi's question concerns manifesting rather than materialising. That's when you become visible, audible, tasteable or whatever but not actually material.

I can't find a single mention of manifesting in the Abyssals. But really, what's a ghost without the ability to appear as a ghostly phantom? Sure, you could assume that because it's not specifically allowed, it's not allowed at all, but I think that'd be crippling the setting. Ghosts can probably manifest for a scene by spending a single mote of essence, just like every other spirit in the setting.

BurningPalm said:
I believe Jukashi's question concerns manifesting rather than materialising. That's when you become visible, audible, tasteable or whatever but not actually material.
Ahhh, my bad

~FC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back