• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Photographic Storytelling [Requesting Help]

Dagfinn

Maid Of Doom
Hello there strangers! So I [stupidly x'D] took a Photographic Storytelling class. I have an assignment, which potentially lets me take pictures of whatever I want.

So I deiced I would come here to 'ask' for ideas. I have to technically do 'two projects' so I'm asking for two things [if you only feel like submitting one thing, that's fine too. Any posts will help me].

"First Project"

I want to do is set up scenes that mimic scenes in RPes that you guys have. I was thinking about just using my own RPes, but I figured if I branch out to other people then there would be far more variety. It doesn't matter the genre [more variety the better], it doesn't matter what's going on [boring or fun].

If anyone could send in a small chuck of their RP [anywhere from 1 sentence to approximately 500 words not much more] free from all context just that snippet.

"Second Project"

What would you set on fire [anything at all] and why? A sentence or two on the matter. [Not RP related I know, but who else would I ask?]

If anyone is curious about my specific assignment you can read a bit more below.

New reasons for photographing: Experiment with at least 2 new motivations or processes for shooting photos; or new ways of selecting subjects – it could be creating objects, performance events, or staging scenarios or tableaus and then photographing them; it could be recreating and/or reinterpreting famous photos or works of art; it could be going to particular place with a unique process (like having people empty pockets, having them direct and photograph you; having each pose with the same object or costume, etc. – there are infinite possibilities) – shoot at least 60 distinct subjects for each of at least 2 different processes for a total of at least 120 photos. As you shoot your work employing each process, your goal is to produce at least 6 final prints that are created employing the same process, and also demonstrate unity in terms of style and content, without feeling redundant. You may choose to include a statement when you present the work that explains the process. (If a process cannot be done 60 times, but can produce 6 good results, please discuss with Bobby for approval.)
The project is due in May 10th, so I'd like things submitted by latest May 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back