Phantom Arrow Tech. & Firewands

Ok, so it bugs me that PAT becomes just a speed bump charm for Firewand users, so I'd like to either find a way to make it not useless, or to make up a different charm to fit into that slot.

Any suggestions?

Maybe an increased cost for firedust? Or maybe a requirement of having the required firedust on hand?

or the Exalt can  make another type of ammo that has no resoures cost, but does the same thing.

Hmm, the increased cost isnt a bad idea, especially since it becomes not as effective, but still semi-useful once I have the charm above it for scene long ammo production.

I'd love to get the opinion of one of the old school guys like Stillborn, Jakk_Bey, Cthulhu_Wakes, etc.. you know people that have been here since way back.

I personally would not increase the cost of the charm. Why should it be neccessary? Just let it produce firewand ammunition, yes it is slightly more powerful than creating arrows but it is not exactly broken.

Well if it was vague, I would allow it, but since it specifically says "ammo without a Resource cost" it seems fairly obvious that they are excluding firedust to me. Plus its for my character, and I dont want to look like I'm changing a rule just to suit my char.

Yes and the charm speaks of archers all the time. I think the no ressource cost thing is there so people don't try to create artifact arrows or similar stuff for 1m per arrow. a shot for firearms is surely not unbalancing. I mean bows are superior to firewands in most things anyway.

Hmm...looking over this debate I can see the issue and where you're conflicted by it. Well, firedust DOES have a resource cost, but consider this, that's for a barrel or a horn of firedust. Now consider that...a horn or barrel or a large quantity for a purchase. I use firedust with bullets in my games, paper cartridges, lead round,  I would use Phantom Arrow to make ONE round per use, and no more. And it has to be used THAT round or it vanishes.

Simple as that ^_^

Yeah, no big deal there, or if you want you can have them load it. It's up to you. Me personally, I'd have it in the weapon. Seems fair enough. It's only one round, at most you'll turn the tide of one round/tick of combat.

I think I'll make it a 2 mote cost per shot, just as a slight balancing factor. Thanks CW.

Now on a similar topic, how do you handle perfect-made firewands? Accuracy & damage arent an issue, but range and rate are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back