Panther's Slayer Khatar?

Forn Clakes

ECR Refugee
JUst finished reading Pillar of the Sun, the Exalted novel by Carl Bowen, which tells the story of Panther's Exaltation and dealings with the barbarian Arzechki.  I was interested in the author's description of his Slayer khaters, which is stated the Solar uses in Caste Book: Zenith, and is an artifact 2 weapon.  Yet in the novel, the author has stated that they are orichalcum smashfists, which is a totally different item altogether.

So, i came up with an idea: combining the two together.  I was going to use the stats for an orichalcum smashfist but with the additional properties that a slayer khater gives, all at the reasonable price of a level 3 artifact.

Any thoughts?

~FC.

That seems perfectly reasonable. Artifact three is a big jump from two, denoting a difference of signifigant power. maybe, if the rating were increased to three, some aditional use might be implemented as well, such as a +1 to Str for all clinch damage rolls? Just a thought.

Nah, i think that it works just fine as it is, depending of course on what sort of campaign ur gonna run

I'd leave the artifact level at 2, and give them a normal artifact-weapon commitment cost. Slayer Khatars are <i>pricey</i>. No bonuses to normal combat, and a (powerful, yes) special ability useful once every month or so for an Artifact 2? The only thing that made this sensible is the fact that mortals can use them.

Panther is a bit overpowered in that novel, even for a Solar Exalted, as he never seems to run out of Essence, so I didn't quite pay attention to his little toy.

On the other hand, he is pulling two-die stunts like there's no tomorrow, so getting 4m back every other second... ::grins::

Haven't read it in a while, but I remember it being my favorite of the series thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread