• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Oddity

Telios

Onyx Dragon
This will be updated as regularly as I can, as this will be a chater-by-chapter story. School will get in the way, so i will try to write a new chapter every one or two weeks. To get new notifications when I update this, please bookmark this post and watch this thead.

"What is.....doing here...?"

".....don't know... Better.....to check on him..."

That was all the grey scaled dragon manage to hear before losing consciousness again. The huge dragon had been washed ashore onto the sandy beach of a village before two villagers, a brown bear and a Siberian tiger spotted him. As they tried to pick him up and move him back to the inn in the village, the dragon managed to regain consciousness and slowly wake up.

"Ungh... Where am I...?" Groaned loudly the dragon, slowly opening his eyes as he slowly sits up on the ground. He quickly spotted the two anthros who were trying to pick him up before laying him down onto the sand again.

"The Caen village by the Great Sea." The bear answered. "Where do you come from and how do you even manage to wash up ashore aliv--" As the bear was asking, the tiger cut in. "We need to get him to a priest first or something. Just to be sure he is alright." "Fine then... Hey, at least tell us your name?" The dragon slowly stood up onto his own paws and dusted his soaked pants and white shirt, at least as much sand he can brush off his clothing as possible. "I..." The dragon paused to think a bit before replying. "...Dyrah... I think." He looked down to the duo which had found him.

"You think?" The bear raises his brow at the dragon, who then nods and lets out a soft sigh. "Yes... I'm not sure about it. But it's the first thing to pop into my head when I recall my name." "Do you remember anything else?" Asked the tiger. "Blank..." The dragon put his hand to his forehead and sighed heavily. "Memory loss huh? Still better than being dead and being on the bottom of the Great Sea I guess." The bear remarked, shrugging. "Anyways, we should get you to the priest's. I'm sure you can use some food and rest." The tiger signaled at the other two to follow him, walking along the beach to head to the village...

"You are one extremely drifter." The lynx doctor told the dragon, who was slowly standing up next to the bed he was sitting on. "No injuries, illnesses nor being malnourished. That's a miracle if I have ever seen one." She looked up at the much taller dragon, gesturing to the door. "You are free to go with Denka and Hurne there. But you can come back anytime." The dragon nodded and thanked her before going out. "So what are you?" Hurne, the ursine asked. "Hurne, you can stop being rude and pokey-pokey. He needs time to recover from his memory loss. Although... There maybe someone who knows." Denka hummed softly as he thought to himself. He then looked back at the two. "Anyways, you need a place to stay, Dyrah. Let's go."

Nodding, Dyrah followed quietly, although looking a bit troubled about his past. He seemed not to be able to remember a single thing besides his name. What is he? Where was he from? How did he end up like this? So many questions, yet so few answers...

A while later, the trio arrived at the inn of the seaside town. Of course, Dyrah gathered the attention of everyone in the diner extension of the inn. "Just act normal, okay? I'll talk to the innkeeper." Denka said before going off to the innkeeper's desk. "So any clues about what you are, Dyrah?" Hurne asked again and again, Dyrah shook his head. "Another blank." He sighed heavily.

Suddenly Dyrah felt a weak bite on his tail, making him to look around. The bite was from a small snow leopard girl, seemingly around 10 years old, looking up at him with her bright blue eyes. "Hey there..." Dyrah knelt down onto the floor and pet the girl head, ruffling her short hair a little bit. "What's your name?" Hurne didn't say anything, just watching the two talk out. The small girl answered with a shy smile, her hands holding each other behind her back. "I'm Maeve, sir." "Hello there Maeve." He smiled and pet her again. Just as then, another snow leopard, seemingly the girl's mother, walked over to her and picked her up. Dyrah got onto his paws as the mother scolded the Maeve gently. "You shouldn't have ran off like that, Maeve. You made me worried a lot." She frowned and Maeve nodded knowingly. "Yes Mom..." Maeve laid her head onto the mother's shoulder and hugged her close.

"I hope she didn't cause any trouble." The adult snow leopard gave a nervous smile, which made Dyrah smile. "It's fine, ma'am. She didn't cause any. She's a cute one, despite she is a bit mischievous, isn't she?" The mother gave a soft giggle. "Yes, she is quite a hassle, but she means the whole world to me." She glanced at her daughter and back at the tall...creature. "Oh excuse me, I haven't introduced myself. The name's Adira. Adira Rallwift." "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Rallwift. I'm Dyrah." Dyrah replied with a slight bow. "You can just call me Addy. No need to be too formal around here. Everyone in the village is family. Now I'll leave you to your own. We will meet later, Dyrah." The mother smiled warmly and carried her daughter off while talking to her about something.

"Wow. You are sure warming up to the town quickly." Hurne said just as Denka made his way back to the ursine and Dyrah. "Did I miss anything?" "Besides Dyrah talking to Addy and Maeve, nope." Hurne turned to the tiger. "Here's your key to your room, Dyrah. Don't lose it." Denka tossed it over to Dyrah. "I'm sure you can figure out the inn's layout by yourself. But for now, we have things to attend to. See you later." "Later." Denka and Hurne walked out of the inn, leaving Dyrah to go upstairs.

"Covered in hard scales like the Seclas but also wings?" The old goat asked the two fishermen, looking up from a big dictionary-like book laid on the large wooden desk. "Yes. Strange one, isn't he? But he sounds familiar..." Denka nodded, rubbing his chin with a hand to think. "He might be a Drokan then... Why would suddenly a Drokan drift to this side of the Great Sea after centuries since the last sighting of the Drokans?" The elder frowned, a hand rubbing and combing his pure white goatee. "Drokans? What are those?" Hurne shot at the elder with a confused look. "Not 'those', 'they'. The Drokans resemble like the Seclas, the reptilians which live in the swamps and deserts, but they are much stronger and capable of flight with their wings, most of them even have horns." Toag, the wise elder goat, replied and then added more. "And that is not all. All of them are very adapted to magic, spells, conjuring and a lot more arcane powers. But they are thought to be extinct on the other side of the Great Sea... It's that or they are planning something bad... For us."

"What do you mean by that?" Denka widened his eyes, in both curiosity and somewhat... fear. "There are some rumors that they are preparing for a war to take over our lands and use us Anthrans as slaves for them. But at most the rumors are on what they are, rumors, shaky 'legends' if you can call them that." Toag shook his head and let out a heavy sigh. "But Dyrah seems to nice to follow the rumored plan... But he has amnesia, doesn't he..." The equine sighed, rubbing his temples to try to wrap his mind around the rumors brought up by the village's wisest elder. "Let's hope that the rumors aren't true. Or else we need to get rid off Dyrah as fast as possible to prevent any Drokan looking for him..." Hurne groaned, frowning at Denka. "Or maybe we shouldn't have picked him up from the shore and pushed him to somewhere else. He could be a spy." "That's enough, Hurne. Who knows if he is good or not, only time will tell." Toag interrupted the ursine's complaints, furrowing his brows at him. "That would be all of the info we need for now, elder. Thank you for helping us." Denka bowed to the much shorter goat before nudging Hurne with an elbow and signaled him to do the same. The ursine bowed and grumbled inaudibly about something. "You are welcome to come back here anytime if you want to learn something else." He picked up the heavy book and slid it into place upon one of the walls of bookshelves in the goat's room. The fishermen left the room, still discussing about Dyrah.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back