• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nova

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Catherine listened to Caine with a frown on her face, thinking hard about a way to get Nova's government to agree to a meeting with Cainssons.
"It's quite the dilemma. It'll be hard to convince someone so over the top in their own belief to change, not only the law, but themselves and opinions of hundreds of citizens too."
She sighed, frowning deeply.

"Perhaps they would listen to a certified professional? Say, someone who is able to read people and tell if they form a threat with the flick of their hand? A psychiatrist perhaps?", Kate suggested, wiggling her eyebrows at Caine before she just gave him a nod.
"I worked with 'dangerous' people, I could try and change the government's and Nova's minds about Cainssons... no?"

Killian watched Marceline with a sad sparkling in his eyes, just pulling her back into a tight, loving hug.
He knew that she didn't blame him and that he shouldn't either, but he couldn't help it.
She was hurt and would very probably never fly again, all because he had wanted himself to be safe from going dark.
Of course then the shadow creature would've hit him and he would've gone down, perhaps even died, but at least she would still be fine.

The man shook his head to clear himself of his thoughts, deciding that he'd talk to Caine, or maybe even Catherine, about them later when the group would all meet up at Aiolos' Harbor. He didn't want to bug Marceline with his feelings of guilt, and she'd yelled at him before for feeling that way about her broken wing.
And perhaps she was right, after all he was still alive now because she took the blast.

"You'd rather lose your wing than me?", he repeated, tilting his head.
"I honestly- I don't know what to say. I feel guilty about your broken wing, but hadn't you taken the hit I very probably wouldn't be standing here anymore. And although you tell me you're glad that that's not the case, I can't help but wish my wing were broken so you could still fly..."
There went his plan of not telling her about his worries.
"I'm sorry, must seem as if I'm trying to make me look bad and not you. Geez, my social skills are... quite nowhere to be found. I really wish there was something I could do to help your wing, but maybe I should just be your man and cheer you up."

Ryder sunk his eyes to the floor, feeling incredibly stupid for having said quite hurtful stuff about her not running - aka indirectly calling her a drama queen - wanting to hit his face against the wall.
"Rogue- I'm so incredibly sorry. I didn't know...", he mumbled, shaking his head.
Trying to lift the mood a little, he smiled at her, hoping she wasn't feeling all too bad about having to talk about that ugly part of her past.
"So your real name's Celia Brown? A fitting name for a woman like you - it's beautiful.", he replied, winking.

As Rogue obviously wanted to change the topic and asked him about his past, he turned around to her with quite a sad smile on his face.
"To answer that question I'll have to tell it all.", he admitted. "And it's not a very happy story that I like to tell, but hey, you've told me so much about you already, painful stuff, that it's just fair for me to talk about this."
The pirate nodded at himself, crossing his arms and staring at the wall - trying to look as if he were going to tell this amazing legend - making big eyes before he looked back at the Gypsy.

"It might come as a surprise, but I once was a child. I had a great, loving mother, a father who would turn into the biggest asshole, and a great, supportive older brother.", Ryder started explaining, his sad smile accompanied by an annoyed, almost angry, frown.
"I felt like I had the most perfect family - my father however thought different about that. He cheated on my mother, and when she found out - he actually tried to bring his whore into our house claiming that she was 'just a friend', my mom seeing them make out only a couple of moments later - hell broke loose. My parents started fighting every single second of the day they were in the same room, which lead to my mother taking me and my brother and running off to her sister - her sister was some influencal woman in Nova's knighthood so we spent lots of time on her ship. My mother killed herself shortly after we had left our father. I don't blame her. Her love of her life cheated on her, multiple times apparently, not caring about her nor his children, hitting her when they'd fight... she probably just had enough."
The pirate sighed, continuing after he hadn't said anything for a good minute.
"My aunt, her sister, had nothing with kids and brought me and my brother back to our father - hurray. He pretended to be grieving about our mother's death, yet we found him with some woman in bed after my mother's funeral. While he was a cheating bastard, he was still trying his best for me and my brother - at least we thought. On my eleventh birthday, he had managed to get us on some ship that apparently would bring us somewhere amazing. Woke up in the middle of the night to some stranger sitting on my brother's bedside, explaining to him that our own father had sold us to get more money so he could buy himself some more hookers. We'd been bought by Nova's royalty and were being educated on becoming sailors on Nova's fleet. It wasn't that bad, actually. Me and my brother had the greatest time ever pranking knights and annoying other sailors. Being a sailor was amazing too... until Nova's royalty made a big mistake. It was an ordinary day, me and my brother were doing our chores on our assigned ship - we weren't captain or anything - when we were suddenly attacked. Pirates. At least that's what we thought. Nova's royalty had reason to believe the captain of our ship was a traitor and decided to get rid of him - get rid of him and his entire crew, including me and my brother. I still don't know how I survived the explosion, possibly because we were on sea and not in air, but my brother was killed by the very same people who had bought, educated and fed us. I swore revenge. Had a crew and a ship in no time, it's not hard to find people who want to take down Nova's royalty - however they didn't really share my... 'educated beliefs' as they told me. After we'd gunned down quite half of their fleet and I suggested trying to help those in need by forcing the government to change laws - we were quite powerful at that time - they... yeah, they threw me overboard. Survived, didn't care to trust anyone new only to end up being trown overboard again, and here I am, 'pirate gone rogue'."

"you are a human, honey", Caine mumbled with one doubtfully raised eyebrow. "I doubt anyone would listen to you. People here aren't very open, excepting whisps and Aeterna maybe. Well and Cainssons. But it's not like we could speak up for each other. Alma, on the other hand- Aeterna are treated like royalty here. I believe if it hadn't been for that attack on the previous king, they would have managed to convince the royalty that we are equal, but one single stupid Asshat of course had to ruin our one chance...", He sighed, before shaking his head and smiling lovingly as he gently pulled Kate closer by her waist.

"You know what baby? Once this is over and we fixed what need to be fixed, I swear I'll take you out and show you the most beautiful places of Nova. And when you've found your favorite place- that's where we'll build our home. Our future. Ohhh and maybe I'll find a piano somewhere! It's about time this ol' dog hits the keys again!" He chuckled softly, poking his nosetip against hers before he gave her a quick kiss. "What's your dream family?", He suddenly asked out of the blue, eyes sparkling softly as if he couldn't wait for this future. And really- he couldn't.

Marceline let out a soft, silent chuckle before she just silenced Killian with a loving kiss- more or less hanging on his neck because her head barely reached up to the middle of his upper arm.
"I love you, you idiot", she chuckled, her eyes widening slightly when she realized what she had just said.
I love you.
She had just told him that she loved him, but honestly- there was no denying that it was the truth.
Living on without him was unimaginable, it was as if he was the other half of her, the missing piece.
And hell she'd give a hundred wings make sure he'd be fine.

"Don't you get it, dummy?", She mumbled, softly running her fingers up his back before she gripped his hair and pulled him into a deep kiss.
"You don't have to be someone else for me. It's you. And would it still be you if you weren't you anymore? Nah. See what I mean? Now c'mon, move your sexy butt to that counter and tell the receptionist we wanna check in. Nobody ever believes me when I say I'm full-age and I lost my id- so you'll have to check us in."

Rouge stayed silent for a whole while after Ryder had finished his story, unsure what to say.
What was the right thing to be said about such a story?
'i know how you feel'?
'im sorry'?
'i won't stab you in the back because you are the only person I can imagine being friends with'?
It all just didn't seem enough, and she knew he felt just the same about what she had told him before.
Her gaze just lingered on the ground, as if she wanted it to open up and devour the uneasiness that had spread. Of course that wouldn't happen though, and rogue knew that the only way to lead this into a better direction was to be open about it.

So just gently rested her fingers on his arm, looking up into his eyes with a gentle, understanding gaze.
"I don't know if it helps you anything, but I won't stab you in the back", she explained, giving his arm a gentle squeeze. "And...yeah. Celia Antoinette Bowen. I trust you to keep that name to yourself- if it spreads, I'm prey for the witch hunters before I can even say 'shit'. My life's I your hands.'"
After giving Ryder a gentle Pat on his back, she headed back into her cottage, smiling gently as she turned back to him and held out her hand as an invitation to come in. "Come, let's make dinner, okay?"

"And what if nobody knew I was human?", Catherine asked, making some big puppy eyes at Caine while she hugged him tightly.
"I won't give up that easily. Maybe we could ask Alma to somehow try and reason with the government, and if not well then we'll just have to try everything to get these absurd laws to change."

Katie nodded determined, her fiery expression disappearing and turning into one with pure love and admiration as Caine started swooning about their future together.
"My favorite place will very probably not be in a city. Lived in one my entire life - until I practically moved into the asylum - and it's pure horror. In my eyes. I'd love somewhere quiet, maybe even near a lake or so. That'd be great. Honestly I can't wait for you to show me Nova!"

Kate smiled happily, biting her lip as the man mentioned playing the piano.
"You can play the piano?", she repeated, sighing dreamily.
"It's like my favorite instrument ever! And you being able to play it makes you even hotter - which I didn't know was possible!", she admitted, letting out a soft giggle.
"You have to teach me how to play it! Of course, only if you want to."

The psychiatrist was just grinning softly at the Cainsson, a dreamy sparkling in her eyes that reminded of a beautiful nightsky with lots of sparkling stars.
Upon Caine asking about her dream-family, she raised an eyebrow, slightly tilting her head.
"Do you mean as in how many children I'd want? Or something different?"

Killian was baffled.
Over the moon.
On cloud 7.
In heaven.
In an ecstatic state.

Had Marceline just really said what he thought she had?!

While his thoughts were racing, his heart as well, his eyes were sparkling, almost glowing - literally - the biggest and happiest smile appearing on the man's face.
Never had he thought to ever say, let alone hear someone say to him, those three words.
And it meant the world, no everything, to him that Marceline felt like this about him.

"I love you too.", Killian replied, seemingly nervous as if he was about to black out from it.
But of course he was nervous! He was here with the most beautiful woman in the entire world and she had just told him she loved him!
Who wouldn't get any wobbly knees then?

He just gulped, letting out an embarrassed chuckle because of his awkward behavior.
"Sorry - I'm just... overwhelmed with all these happy feelings and I just- yeah... yeah.", he tried to explain, ending up staring at Marceline with a loving gaze once again.
The Dark One shook his head to try and clear his thoughts, looking over at the counter of the hotel for a second before back at Marceline.
"Alright, I'll move my sexy ass up there - but how many rooms will we need? Will we be 'checking in' Catherine and Caine already as well or just the three of us? And if so, separate rooms for everyone or not?"

Ryder smirked gently at Rogue telling him she wouldn't stab him in the back, just replying with a "I really hope you don't, would be shame to have to mess up my sword from stabbing you right back!" to try and lift the mood a bit.
"And hey, your secret's safe with me. I hope mine too.", he mumbled, of course meaning him having served in the royal navy.
If that were to get to the streets he was as good as dead.

"Dinner sounds great.", Ryder replied to Rogue's comment about making dinner, grabbing her hand to follow her back into her cottage.
"This'll be weird but I feel like I just need to thank you again for doing all this. And I'm not only talking about the saving me-part, but listening to me as well."

Caine raised one eyebrow when Kate mentioned the government not knowing that she was human, a slight smirk on his face.
"Look, you can destinguish a mouse from a bear just by its scent. And of course that's what would give a human, a Cainsson, a dark one, yadda yadda, away as well. Many species here have much better noses than you humans, because let's be honest- human noses are crap. Like, you don't even smell a dog from a block distance! That would freak me out."
Chuckling softly, he ran his nosetip over Kate's neck, breathing in. "I'm just glad I'm a wolf and can smell every Facette of your amazing scent... For example that you find my touch exciting. Gotcha."

Grinning wolfishly, he winked at Kate before he wiggled his eyebrows, his fangs glistening in the faint light.
"And I'll gladly teach you how to play. I mean, I wanna spend my life with you, so why shouldn't I want to teach you? That'd be kinda stupid, right? And, yeah, maybe my question was a bit confusing- what I meant was, what do you dream of our future to be like? For example... my biggest dream for the future is to see your eyes sparkling forever like they do right now- as if you are the happiest person in the world just because I love you..."

He gently leaned his forehead against Kate's for a while, his eyes closed while he just got lost in her presence, touch and scent. God she was... She was everything. Interesting enough, even though he was deeply relaxed and not focusing on staying humanoid right now, he still stayed in this shape, as if even his body was adapting to her. Did that mean he'd be able to fall asleep with her in his arms tonight? That would be amazing...
"I love you...", He whispered softly, his voice barely louder than the rustling of the trees, and so soft and gentle it seemed it was his very soul directly whispering to Kate's- its missing but found half.
"I have been waiting for you for what feels like a million years..."

Marceline just chuckled softly at Killian's obvious nervousness and gently took him by the hand, fingers intertwined, to lead him to the reception.
"Good evening", she greeted the receptionist, who gave the 'i have ultimate difficulties guessing how old you are'-once-over she already knew too well.

"How many rooms please?", The lady behind the counter asked after she had apparently just decided to not ask any questions regarding the ring woman's age since the man beside her was obviously full-age.
"Two suites, please. We'd like to pay cash and in advance."
And she dropped a bundle of money on the counter, smiling innocently when the receptionist gave her about suspicious look.
"... Thank you. President suite and royal suite. Here are the keys. Eighth and ninth floor."
"Thank youuu!", Marceline giggled excitedly, threw one key to Kieron and then just pulled Killian with her, grinning somewhere between evil and hyper.
When she unlocked the door of the hellishly amazing suite, she just gasped. "Whoa haha, holy fuck!", She laughed, throwing herself into the fluffy bed before she grinned widely, halfway dancing while she kneeled on the soft mattress and motioned to Killian to come over.
"If you'd prefer sharing a suite with Kieron though, your free to do that too, of course", she chuckled winking. "But if you'd prefer to cuddle with me, move your sexy ass over here!"

Rouge just smiled softly as an answer to Ryder thanking her once more and have him a party in the back.
"No problem, Tiger. After all that's what friends are there for, right? And don't worry, your secret's safe with me, promised. "

She headed right for a cozy kitchen that looked like it was thrown together from pieces from every decade from the 20s to now.
The black and white chessboard floor didn't fit either, but it all just fit to its owner's attitude- "it all works so whatever."
Chuckling at Ryder, she shrugged. "Nothing here really fits together but I guess that's just how I like it. All these things are different, but it's just that what makes them unique. Call me crazy but I wouldn't want it any other way."

Catherine let out an annoyed scoff as Caine mentioned her scent giving her away, yet her frown immediately disappearing as the Cainsson said that her scent told him she enjoyed his touch.
"Well... how couldn't I find your touch exciting?", she replied, smirking sheepishly while she ran her fingers down his back, winking. "I may not be able to smell like you can, but I do see that my touch excites you too.", she added with a giggle, blushing to a deep red as Caine told her that he'd want to spend the rest of his life with her.
Although he had indicated this before with the family- and house-stuff, hearing those words come out of his mouth made her feel all bubbly inside.
That man, that beautiful man wanted to spend his life with her, loving her, cherishing her - being a family - and it just made Katie feel as if she were floating while on drugs, having a good run.

"I feel like I am the happiest person on earth - well Nova - and that is all because of you and your love. No matter how cheesy it sounds.", Katie explained, looking up at Caine with big sparkling eyes while she flashed him a loving smile.
"My biggest dream for the future is to feel our love flourishing and growing bigger day after day, making us the happiest species ever just when around each other, seeing you smile as if your world were standing in front of you... it's cheesy, I know, but I hope it'll be that way."
The woman smiled happily, cuddling her face into the man's firm chest, holding onto him to try and pull him even closer than he already was, even though this was hardly possible as they were already pressing their bodies against each other.
"I love you too, Caine.", she whispered silently. "And I will forever."

Killian had just been staring at the interior of the huge suite, not believing that it was just a hotel room - his cave could fit about six times in there!
He was distracted from gazing a little more when Marceline started talking to him, playfully raising his eyebrow as she mentioned cuddling.
"Yeah, I think I'd prefer to go cuddle Kieron instead of you.", he replied, smirking softly before he let out a chuckle, making his way over to the bed where Marceline was already kneeling on.
"This is amazing.", he mumbled, dropping down on the bed onto his back, sighing contently after he had made himself comfortable.
"I have to admit that I've never been in a room this big.", he said, chuckling awkwardly.

The man sat up after a while, just staring at the whisp for a moment before he ran his fingers through his hair, smiling.
"I assume you want to sleep in the bed, yeah? Shall I take the couch then?"
Sure, they had just confessed their love for each other - which was still incredibly hard for him to believe - but that didn't mean they'd immediately sleep in the same bed.
Right?
Not that he'd mind, of course he'd love to hold Marceline in his arms to make her feel safe while falling asleep - but if she didn't want to share the bed then he'd take the couch.

Ryder followed Rogue into her kitchen, at first making a surprised face at the clashing of all the different styles, just nodding once he had taken everything in.
"It's special, diverse, crazy - fits the owner.", he replied, winking. "At least you have a kitchen!", he added, chuckling, just making his way to the fridge to lean against it.
"Alright, time to make some dinner, hmm? Geez you really owe me big time. Gotta think of a way to make it up to you one day.", he just mumbled, nodding to himself.
After all these years he was finally trusting someone, someone Nova deemed as backstabbers and whatnot - witches and gypsies - who had saved his life and become his friend in the short hours of knowing each other.
It was something special, and even though pirates were known to be assholes and what not others called them, Ryder would make sure to cherish the friendship that had evolved and to take care of Rogue as well, just like she had with him.

"So, tell me, Celia, how can I help?"

"you and I, we have a beautiful future waiting for us", Caine whispered lovingly while he carefully stroked through Kate's hair.
He couldn't help but wonder though- what was she seeing that told her how he loved her touch? How her scent was bewitching him and how her smallest touch was sending pure energy through his body, making him feel as if he was on fire?
She didn't just make him feel alive; she made him feel ecstatic.

Suddenly, a beautiful, silvery-grey elderly she wolf broke through the bushes, her emerald green eyes wide as she stared up at Caine, who immediately stilled.
'Caine...', she mouthed soundlessly, and the young man immediately fell to his knees, his fingers digging into the wolfs soft fur while tears ran down his cheeks at he buried his face into her shoulder.
"Oh my-..." He took a couple of fast, deep breathes, his eyes wider than ever when she turned into a beautiful elderly woman.
"Mom!! Mom, you- you are here! You are here!! Holy- I found Killian! He's in Ajolos Harbor right now! And, and this- this is Kate. We-"
The woman just softly patted Caine's cheek, who immediately stilled and just slightly leaned into his mother's touch. She had lost her voice so long ago,but the look in her eyes said more than a million words about how endlessly happy she was.
She softly kissed her son's forehead before she turned to Kate and smiled lovingly at her, as if she had known her for ages already. She just lightly touched her heart to show Kate she was happy to meet her before she gently stroked a streak of hair behind Kate's ear, her eyes sparkling softly. It was more than clear that she was happy to meet her and even happier to see the two of them so in love.
"She means 'welcome in our family'", Caine explained silently with a loving smile as he wrapped one arm around Kate's waist. "Mom list get voice long ago, that's why she doesn't talk.."

Marceline just laughed softly when Killian sat up just to tell her he'd take the couch, and just pushed him back onto the bed with a loving smirk, her delicate fingers softly running down his arm until she intertwined them with his.
"Don't be silly", she chuckled and just curled up tightly against his side, her head resting on his chest with peacefully closed eyes.

She let go of his hand after a while, to gently run her fingers over his side before she cuddled up against him a bit tighter and yawned softly.
"Hey you?", She whispered after a while, her diamond eyes sparkling softly as she looked up into his.
"What about a date? Like, I don't know, Picknick on the roof? Candlelight dinner in a restaurant? Whatever sprinkles your donut, baby."

Rogue didn't answer.
Instead, she stared up at Ryder with big, wide eyes as if he had just announced he had found a cure for ALS.
A single word echoed in her mind.
Celia.
Celia.
Celia.
Celia.
Celia.

Like hammer blows on a giant copper bell.
How long had it been that someone had called her by her name?
How long had it been that someone had seen Celia in Rogue?
Since someone had listened and watched closely enough to find who she was deep down?
It felt like centuries.

It was a shuddering breath she took while she was still staring at Ryder, standing motionless like a stuffed dummy. She felt like she had just been hit by a lightning.
Remembering what he had said about repaying her, Celia just faintly shook her head, her left, brown eye filling with tears while her blue one remained totally tearless.
"... You just did...", She just whispered, a thankful smile on her lips as she ran her hand through her hair once. "Ryder you really are a gentleman amongst the outcasts. It's been a very long time since someone has cared enough to look past the obvious. So thank you..."

Catherine watched the sweet reunion of Caine and his mother with a happy smile, gaining a warm feeling as she saw the motherly love towards Caine, feeling as if she couldn't be happier that Caine still had his mother, and that she was there, alive in front of him.
The loving smile on Caine's mother's face made Kate feel all fuzzy and warm inside, as if she was standing there in front of her own mother, and not her boyfriend's.
"It's so nice to meet you, Ma'am.", she whispered, stretching out her hand to the elderly woman, quickly looking up at Caine with a soft sparkling in her eyes before she turned back to look at his mother.

"Do you know sign language?", Katie whispered, signing what she had just said with her hands, still smiling softly. Although she wasn't sure if there even was something as sign language in Nova, it was worth a try. She could teach Caine how to sign, and so he and his mother could just talk together!
Of course she was also curious as to how his mother had lost her voice, but there was another place and time for that.
"Your son is amazingly caring and brave and sweet, and he makes me extremely happy and- I can sense where he got that all from."

"Does that mean I get to sleep in the bed as well?", Killian asked after Marceline had only replied with a 'Don't be silly', not entirely sure what she meant with that. She could be joking, or maybe she was serious - he definitely needed some lessons on sarcasm and other people skills, as all those years alone in that cave had taken his toll on that.
His green eyes lit up happily as the whisp asked him if he wanted to go on a date with her, nodding excitedly at her words while he already started thinking about what to do,

"Well... Dark Ones aren't really allowed in restaurants excepting the restaurant clearly indicates that they've got a special room for Dark Ones only, which is rather rare so... let's just scrap restaurant off the list.", the man explained, wrapping his arm around the woman's waist to cuddle against her.
"I'd love to take you to the roof to picknick and spend time together stargazing and talking. Only if you'd like that too."

Ryder was just confusedly looking around himself, then back at Celia until he finally let out a silent 'What?'.
"What'd I do to repay you? Why are- are you crying?", he asked, raising an eyebrow, only to stare at her for good another minute before he decided to stop wondering what he had done or said and decided to help her stop tearing up.
"Are you crying because I'm such a gentleman?", the pirate joked, wiping away her few tears with his thumb, smirking softly. "Come on, where's that sweet smile of yours? See I don't know what I said or did but I never meant to make you cry, I swear."

(sorry to end this reply shortly, my mom just called me to help her with her groceries)

Caine's mother was smiling lovingly as she looked deep into Kate's eyes while she gently cuped her outstretched hand with both hands, giving them a soft squeeze. Her mind voice appearing in her head with an incredibly warm and loving voice, so full of Hope and peace that it was hard to imagine that this woman had spent all her life in pain and fear.
There's really no need for 'ma'am', sweetheart. My name is Helena, or just Hel. I hope my son is a gentleman to you, Katherine. You seem like a wonderful young lady. To answer your question, no, I don't know sign language. I mostly use this way of communicating.
When Caine gently wrapped one arm around Kate's waist, his mother smiled gently.

"Mom, I will make sure you will be safe now. I'll ask a friend. Alma, the Aeterna; I'm sure they will let you live there and- ohy God and i have to tell Killian that I found you! He will freak out..."

"A Picknick Sounds splendid!", Marceline said with a happy grin before she got up to get her bag.
"I just wanna take a quick shower and then we can go and get some stuff from the next supermarket."
It didn't even take five minutes until she came back out of the bathroom in the very same dress she had worn yesterday when they had met for the first time, her snowy hair falling over her shoulders in soft waves.

Kneeling down on the bed beside Killian, she smiled softly and gently took his hand, intertwining their fingers.
"And of course you get to sleep in the bed too. What couple wouldn't share a bed, hm? I'd miss my pillow far too much if I slept in this giant bed all alone!"
Stroking a streak back behind her ear, she bent down to plant a soft kiss on his lips. "Love you Baby."

Celia chuckled softly as she gave Ryder's hand a gentle squeeze when he wiped her tear away and slightly shook kjer head.
"No, it's just-... It's been a very long time since someone has bothered to see past the rogue one. I mean, sure, most Gypsies live in groups, but... I don't... I've been all alone for the last thirteen years. And now suddenly you appear in my life and... I don't know, maybe I'm just starting to imagine things I wish I were true but you seem to see me. Not rogue, not the Gypsy- me. That...it just means a lot to me..."

Last edited:
Catherine flinched as a voice suddenly appeared in her thoughts, a voice that definitely wasn't hers, thinking she was going crazy until she remembered that somehow many inhabitants of Nova were able to talk to others in their thoughts. It was something that both confused and fascinated her, but her fascination rose above the confusion.

"Helena, your son is amazing and such a sweet gentleman. He really is so caring and loving. I could go on but I think you got what I mean, your son's all in all just amazing.", Kate replied, looking up at Caine with sparkling eyes before she turned back to his mother with a loving smile on her face.
"And it's an honor that you think I'm a wonderful woman."

Katie was smiling happily as Caine wrapped his arm around her waist, her smile growing wider as he mentioned making sure his mother would stay safe.
What was hotter than a man who loved his mother unconditionally?
However when Caine mentioned telling Killian, Catherine made a painful face, frowning thoughtfully.

"Honestly, sweetie, I'm not so sure that's a good idea. He only found out yesterday that practically everything he had thought and believed turned out to be a lie, that he had a twin brother and that his real family wasn't his 'real' family. That's a lot to take in and process. I bet he'd love to see his mother again after all these years, but perhaps you should first make sure that he's capable enough of taking another big shock."

"That probably was the quickest shower ever.", Killian joked as Marceline walked back out of the bathroom after what seemed not even five minutes.
She looked beautiful, even more than yesterday, although she was wearing just the same as the day before. Maybe he was only now capable of taking in all of her beauty, maybe she had turned even more beautiful overnight - no matter what it was, he only knew that she was perfect and that he had to pay attention to himself so he wouldn't drool on her.

"I'd love to take a shower and change in some new clothes as well, but I don't have any other clothes. Perhaps the supermarket got some? Mine are slightly torn and ripped apart.", he admitted, letting out a soft chuckle that turned into a happy grin as Marceline kneeled down next to him on the bed, intertwining their fingers.
"I honestly can't wait to sleep in this comfy bed, holding you in my arms.", he replied, his eyes sparkling lovingly as the whisp kissed him.
"I love you too, babe."

Ryder smiled softly, a soft expression in his eyes as he nodded at Celia's words.
"Well m'lady, perhaps there is indeed more to me than just a pirate, after all you saw past my facade and said it yourself. I'm just returning the favor, and when you allow me to be honest - I like Celia better than the gypsy gone rogue.", the man replied, winking, his voice clearly honest and sincere.
"It's incredibly cute to see you get this emotional. You should do that a lot more, y'know, show emotions. Else you'll wake up one day, an emotionless robot. And that'd be a shame."

Caine blushed spightly when Kate told his mother how amazing she thought he was and just awkwardly ran his hand through his hair.
He just wasn't used to being talked to or about like this!
Till just two days ago he had been nothing but a nameless slave, considered worthless and dangerous by everyone he encountered and treated like a bag of trash, and now suddenly there was this woman, this fragile human lady, trusting him so much after such a short time and telling him he was more.
Much more.

However when she said it probably wasn't a good idea to tell Killian about their mom already, he sighed sadly, lifting his shoulders.
"I guess...", He mumbled silently. "I just... I don't know, it feels wrong to not tell him, you know? Like... I just hope he won't be pissed if he finds out I kept it from him... I've lost him once... And I don't ever want to go through that again..."

Such a heavy topic for a day that should be happy...
Caine figured it would be better to lighten the mood a bit, so he gently wrapped one wing around Kate's shoulders and smirked softly at his mother, who made big eyes when she saw his wings. Caine just nodded, not saying a word, his mother grinning happily. "You know what?", He whispered softly to Kate "I honestly can't wait for the day my kind will be officially equal. Because that will be the day I'll go to my knees with a ring and ask you to become my perfect, wonderful wife... That day will be the beginning of our happy end."

He planted a soft kiss on Kate's cheek, his eyes sparkling lovingly. "Really, I would've never dared to dream of being loved by someone as amazing as you, Sunshine."

Marceline was smirking mischievously at Killian's comment that he'd like to shower and change too.
She had an idea, and if it went how she was hoping it to, she'd see a super happy Killian in just a few minutes.
And what was better than seeing the man she loved happy?

"I have an idea- there's this snuggly little store near the docks, they don't look like much from the outside, but the store is awesome. If you want we could go there before or after we go to the supermarket. And the best- I know the owner. She's a dark one and unlike many stores and public places, her store has a strict pro-dark one policy. Means no one will give you stupid looks or comments and you can take all the time you want and move around freely in the store. Sounds good?"

Celia just blinked a couple of times; it was more than clear that Ryder had caught her totally off-guard there.
It had been so long since someone has cared to see her, and even longer since someone had cared enough to show sympathy.
Smiling softly, she gave his hand a gentle squeeze.
"Thank you Ryder...", She mumbled softly, her gentle, almost vulnerable gaze seeking his.
"You definitely are far more than everyone thinks... And to be honest, I'm thankful to see this side of you. And eh... I mean, in case you don't have a place to stay you're more than welcome to stay here as long as you want. It's... It's nice having you around."

After quickly clearing her throat, Celia quickly went back into Rogue-mode, handing Ryder a knife.
"You can already cut the vegetables, handsome."
However before she turned back to peeling the potatoes, she winked at him and gave him a soft smile, stroking her hair back behind her ears- clearly showing that she didn't actually mean to go back to being Rogue now.

Caine's words hit Catherine hard, mainly because they reminded her of Kieron - she knew what it felt like to lose a sibling and then find them again after years.
"What if I'd ease him into the news?", she suggested, looking up at the Cainsson with a soft smile.
"I could ask him questions about your mother, for example what he'd do if she were there - that way we'd slide him into you telling him your mother's still alive and there, instead of hitting him with a brick. Figuratively of course!"

Upon Caine wrapping a wing around Kate's shoulders and seeing the happy expression on his mother's face, she couldn't help but smile happily.
She honestly had never expected that her trip to Nova would turn into something more than just trying to save the world.
It had turned into her future.

The woman turned to look deep into Caine's shining green eyes as he whispered to her, gasping, her eyes widening at his words.
"Oh my god, Caine - that was the cutest and most romantic thing I have ever heard - and I've watched quite some romance movies - and... awww just- you really think like that about me?"

Killian just stared at Marceline with big eyes, making a strange face that clearly showed how baffled he was by what she had just told him.
"There's a store here that's pro-dark ones? And the owner is a dark one? I've never heard of anything like that!", he replied, a curious tone in his voice, excitedly grabbing Marceline's hand like a little child would grab the one of their mother.

"What's it the store sells? Can we go there? I mean if you don't want to we don't have to, but it'd just be really amazing if we could check it out... I mean, it's a store where I could just wander around for hours without being thrown out after ten minutes! No comments about what I'm buying and surely no comments about you dating me!", Killian grinned excitedly, already imagining himself walking down the aisles of the store, holding Marceline's hand, buying food and whatever else without anyone spitting on him, making stupid and hurtful comments - and without time limit!
"Pleeeaaase?"

Ryder had actually just wanted to say once again that there was nothing he should be thanked for, but after seeing how happy and relaxed Celia seemed, he decided to let her thank him.
"Well, I'm thankful for you feeling safe enough around me to show me who you really are.", he explained, thanking her with a nod as she mentioned that he could stay as long as he'd like to.

"That's so generous of you, but I don't want to burden you too much. I mean, look what you already did for me - and that without even knowing who I was. I'd love to accept your offer, and I bet Bobby would be glad to be sleeping somewhere dry and warm as well, but I don't want to ask too much of you.", the pirate replied, a soft smirk appearing on his face after she mentioned it was nice having him around.
"But maybe after thinking again, if you truly enjoy my company I couldn't possibly leave you and disappoint you, could I? For the sake of your happiness, I'll gladly stay another while.", he added with a wink, just letting out a silent scoff at Celia's attempt of stopping the serious conversation and going back to being Rogue.

The man flipped the knife around in his hand for a moment, a soft smirk on his face as Celia put her hair behind her ears, not saying anything as he started chopping vegetables.
"You look pretty with your hair back like that."

Caine nodded slowly at Kate's suggestion to slowly ease Killian into the topic of their mother, thinking about how they should do it.
"Just one thing..", he mumbled softly, gently playing around with Kate's fingers as if he didn't know how to say what he wanted to say.
"Of course you are the psychiatrist here and know far more about handling critical situations, but... Killian is my brother. And I shouldn't have just given up on him years ago. I should have never stopped looking for him. If you think that's possible I want to prepare and tell him. I feel like I owe him that much..."

At Kate's questionIf he really thought like that about her, he chuckled softly, gently intertwining his fingers with hers.
"Katie I think of you as the biggest wonder this world has seen ever since magic was born", he whispered lovingly, the look in his eyes clearly showing that he meant it.
"As I said- when I look at you I see everything I need. I see love, courage, honesty, beauty... I see the part of me I have been missing all my life. And I feel like I have said this to you a hundred times, in a hundred different lives. It feels so familiar, like home. Who knows? An age-old belief amongst my kind says that souls that are connected find each other again and again, life after life, and they don't feel complete until they do. If course there's no proof for that... But if you're asking me it feels a damn lot like that. It's just... You're not new to me, if you know what I mean. As if I have known you for an endless time already..."

Marceline smirked lovingly as she gently kissed Killian's cheek.
"Of course we can go there silly. After all I want my man to be happy!"
Grinning softly, she took his hand a bit tighter and teleported both of them right in front of a cozy-looking little store near the docks, where a young woman immediately started to grin happily when Marceline entered, holding Killian's hand.
"Macie!", The woman cheered- and instantly wrapped her arms around the whisp in a hug. "Hey Kiera", Marceline chuckled happily, hugging her back without a tiniest hint of fear in her expression. "Oh jeez, where are my manners; Killian honey, this is Kiera, the owner of this beautiful little shop and a good friend. Kiera, this is Killian, my boyfriend."
"Great to meet you, I was convinced Macie would die alone", the young woman greeted him, smiling softly while Marceline smirked awkwardly. "Looking at your clothes I suppose you're here because you need some new ones, aren't you? Base floor is groceries, first floor ladies' clothes and second floor men's clothes. Go wild you two! And if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

"Thanks Kiera!", Marceline said with a soft smile before the dark one disappeared into one of the aisles again and the whisp looked up at Killian with a smile full of happiness and love and reached up to gently cup his face, her thumb running over his bottom lip for a moment before she pulled him down into a soft, loving kiss. "I hope you know that I mean it when I say I love you; with your darkness, your rusty social skills and everything else. And I'm proud of you; you're here, you gave yourself a second chance. I think that's incredibly brave of you, sweetheart. Really. Just wanted you to know that."

Smiling lovingly, She gave him a quick kiss before she motioned towards the isles of the store. "Now go wild, it's so cute to see your eyes sparkling so happily."

Celia partly turned around to look at Ryder from the corner of her eye, smiling softly as her eyes met his and a streak of her wild, black hair fell back into her face as if it wanted to tease the pirate.
Smirking, Celia stroked it back once more.
"It just never stays there", she chuckled softly. "Those curls are basically impossible to tame."
remembering what Ryder hat mentioned before, she put her knife down to turn around to him fully, concern written in her brown, left eye, while not a single emotion was visible in her blue one. It was as if her blue eye was just utterly disconnected from her soul and feelings while her brown eye was an open window. Confusing, but in a weirdly fascinating kind of way.

"So you're saying you're homeless, sleeping on the streets?", She asked carefully, her slender, elegant fingers playing around with the potato they were holding. She lastly put it down and gently rested her hand on Ryder's back while she looked down at his hands and the vegetables instead of his face in case he didn't want to or couldn't look into her eyes right now. "You're staying. Period. Hell I can't let my only friend live as a homeless! I'm being serious, consider this place as your home for as long as you don't have your own four walls. 'Kay?"
smiling softly, she quickly returned to peeling.
"And, um, when we're at complimenting right now- this sea blue is a great eye color..."

"Honey of course you can tell him.", Catherine replied to Caine suggesting he'd ease Killian into the topic of their mother still being alive, giving him a reassuring smile. "But I'd still like to be close to both of you, in a room next door or so - in case one of you'd need me to catch them.", she explained, grabbing Caine's hand and giving it a soft squeeze. "I'm sure it'll all work out fine, you don't have to be scared, okay?"
The woman just stared at the Cainsson with big eyes, biting her lower lip as he told her once more how special she was to him. It was still incredibly hard for her to believe that someone would think so highly of her, calling her a miracle and whatnot, looking at her with those big, loving eyes that sparkled just because of her.
And even though she couldn't believe it just yet, it felt amazing to be loved by that wonderful man.

Katie sighed happily, leaning her head against the Cainsson's chest, just taking in his wonderful scent, staring up at him with big, sparkling eyes.
"You are just... amazing.", she gasped, letting out a soft giggle. "I feel like I'll annoy you repeating that all the time, but you really are. And I really love you, a lot, and I'll hurt anyone who dares to talk down on you!"
She winked, obviously not really wanting to hurt anyone - mainly just because she wouldn't be able to fight anyone because she was quite small, and if she was honest quite weak as well - especially compared to Caine.
"Can you promise me one thing?"

Killian watched the owner of the shop walk off, still fascinated by the thought of a Dark One having their own store, wondering how the woman had been able to fight off all the haters.
The man turned back to look at the whisp, who, in a matter of a second, cupped his face and pulled him into a kiss, only to tell him how much she loved him.
"I believe you.", he whispered, eyes full of love, a smile as wide as possible on his face as he gently wrapped his arms around Marceline to quickly squeeze her into a tight hug.
"It's hard to believe, but I believe you. If that even makes sense. I just mean to say that- I believe you when you say it. I believe you.", he mumbled, smirking softly. "I think if I hadn't believed you when you told me that I deserved a second chance, I would still be sitting all alone in my cozy, little cave.", the Dark One added, winking.

Killian just let out a soft sigh, a grin spreading on his face as Marceline motioned towards the aisles, hinting at him to go hunting.
"Go wild.", he repeated her words, nodding at himself before he grabbed the whisp's hand to pull her with him.
"Where should we go first? Groceries? Clothes? You want to get clothes, too? I'll buy you clothes. Lots of 'em. Whatever you want! And it'll be legal - I can buy as much as I want-"
Killian's voice was full of excitement, his eyes sparkling like a clear nightsky filled with stars, his face showing nothing but pure happiness.
"Thank you for bringing me here."

Ryder scoffed as Celia called him homeless, shaking his head in an offended way.
"I'm not- I'm not homeless! I just sleep, live, eat... everywhere and nowhere, y'know?", he defended himself, pouting for a second before he gave in and nodded.
Even though she wasn't looking at him, he was, and his expression said more than a thousand words. It was one of shame, embarrassment, yet one full of gratitude and hope as well.
"Thank you.", was all he said before he continued cutting the vegetables, not taking his eyes off of the knife and whatever vegetable he was cutting right now.
Although he felt ashamed to have admitted to him - and his dog - living on the streets, and actually just wanting to sink into the floor so he didn't have to look Celia in the eyes, he couldn't help but smile and glance at her once she complimented his eyes.
"The eyes say a lot about a person, that's probably why I really like yours."

Caine chuckled softly at Kate's reaction to his explanation how he felt about her and gently Kissed her forehead.
"Okay, I just don't want Killian to think he's being secretly overheard... I'll tell him that you're in the next room to help him in case I can't. That should do it-... I hope..."

"Talking about hurting someone...", Caine mumbled, waving for a moment when his mother let him know she'd be back in the cave with the rest of the pack. "My kind is only allowed to enter cities with a muzzle and chains, so before we enter Ajolos Harbor you will have to play my owner and buy that stuff so we can meet the others there... Means you will also have to learn to treat me badly; like the last dirt. Think you can do that?"
Tilting his head to the side like a confused puppy, he watched Kate, his deep green eyes questioning. "Promise you what, Sunshine?"

Marceline giggled happily while she was being dragged through the store by Killian, running after him with brightly sparkling eyes.
Her left wing was hurting as hell, but nothing, absolutely nothing, could have brought her down now.
The man she loved so dearly was happy, smiling. He was so different from he had been back then in that cave, and while she didn't really have an explanation for this big change, she knew she loved to see him like this.

"Choose whatever you want sweetie, I'll follow you anywhere", she said with a loving smile, her gaze lingering on his eyes for a moment before she chuckled and kind of hugged his arm.
"So, I think we should maybe find some clothes for you first- your jeans have a hole where they definitely shouldn't. I mean, I don't mind seeing a sexy butt- but I'm not keen on sharing it!"

Celia blushed softly when Ryder complimented her eyes and blinked a couple of times.
"What do my eyes say about me then?", She mumbled silently.
"That my two sides are so conflicted that they basically split into two entirely different persons?... I should stop talking to myself, for real..."
She just blushed deeper and lastly just decided to focus on Ryder instead of herself so she wouldn't have to think about her own feelings anymore.

"And what do your eyes say", she said silently, gently tilting his head in her direction so she could look into his eyes.
"You are just like me...", She mumbled. "Afraid to feel, and afraid to be unfeeling...aren't you? On the one hand sick of being alone, of no one knowing who you are behind your compelling smile, on the other hand afraid trust anyone but yourself."
Her blue eye was cold as always, but her brown one big and innocent, deep care written in it.
"Don't be ashamed, Tiger. Not in Front of me. Who would I be to judge? I have been homeless for many years, too."

Catherine abruptly stopped smiling, staring at Caine with big eyes, pure horror written on her face.
"You want me to do what?!", she exclaimed, shaking her head. "I can't do that! I'd have to- I'd have to yell at you and call you names and... I can't do that- that's not me-"
She let out a long, defeated sigh, pressing her head against Caine's chest while she grabbed his hands to gently squeeze them.
"Is there really no other way? I don't want to treat you badly, even if it's just pretend. I don't want to humiliate you.", she let out another sigh, looking up at the man with sad eyes.
"There really is no other way for you to enter Aiolos' Harbor, is there? Well... what kind of 'treating badly' are we talking about here?"

Upon the Cainsson asking her what she wanted him to promise, Katie tightened her grip and smiled faintly.
"Just- promise me that you'll never doubt me and my feelings for you, no matter what others may say. Especially because you know, a Cainsson and a human - I just don't want you to start believing lies that people might tell you, and I want you to know that even if the whole world might seem to be against you - you'll always have me standing right next to you, by your side."

Killian chuckled as Marceline mentioned his pants having holes, nodding at her suggestion to go find some new clothes for him first.
"You know what? That seems like a pretty good idea to me.", he replied, winking, gently dragging the whisp with him all the way up the stairs to the second floor. The owner had mentioned men's clothes being on this level.
"Well and now you kinda gotta help me find some new clothes. Something that's comfy but also something that makes you want people to see us - aka something that wouldn't embarrass you would people see us. I'm not really making sense, but I think you can understand.", he explained, grinning awkwardly as he let go of Marceline's hand, quickly making his way through the aisles only to come back a couple of minutes later with some clothes in his hands.

"I'll go fit these, and you can give me advice then!", he chuckled, making his way into the fitting room, showing Marceline outfit after outfit, his grin widening every time he re-entered the dressing room.
After quite some time of fitting clothes he finally walked out, wearing his old clothes again, while holding the new ones in his hands.
"So, now your turn. Which outfit did you like best? Outfit #1 or #2? Or should I try to find another one?", he asked, his eyes still sparkling of excitement.
"I have never been to a store before to buy clothes! It'll sound weird but this is so exciting!"

"What your eyes say about you?", Ryder repeated, just staring down at his hands while he continued chopping veggies.
"They say more about you than you think. For example they clearly show how caring and loving you truly are, however you seem to not want to show any sign of 'weakness', hence you pretending to be Rogue when you're actually Celia. They also show how much you long for companionship, someone to talk to, someone to trust, a friend who'll have your back, but you're so used to people using you only to get your help when they need it, and then stabbing you in the back that you shut everyone out who could possibly become a friend.", the pirate explained, a soft smirk appearing on his face.
"Glad I made it past those walls. You could use a friend. Actually, we both could."

The man flinched as Celia suddenly tilted his head into her direction to look into his eyes, his expression softening as his eyes met hers, feeling how his heartbeat fastened once she started listing a couple of the things she could read out of the blue in his eyes.
"Well... perhaps you're right. Perhaps.", he mumbled, flashing a soft, sincere smile at her before he just quickly turned back to chop vegetables.

Caine sighed silently, shaking his head when Kate reacted like that. He knew she would hate to treat him like his past owners, even just for show, but it was necessary and this time there was go getting around that.
He gently kissed her forehead, his eyes scanning hers.
"Well, the most important rule is that you may not call me by my name. When you talk to me, call me 'dog' or-..." He swallowed hard, taking a deep breath. "Or cur or whatever else comes to your mind. Never, under any circumstances, call me Akeela. My people occasionally may call me that, it's a title. Look my mother was, before she ended in that puppy mill, one of the most powerful leaders of my kind. Before we were declared as animals, my folk used to live far in the east, in a land called Amalthea. My mother was their queen, many, many years ago, and 'Akeela' means 'heir' in our language. If anyone, really anyone, finds out that I am the heir to the throne of our fallen kingdom, I'm dead. More than dead, because the Oracles are predicting that we will rise again. Apart from that, just treat me like shit and cover your human scent."

Sighing softly, he gently tightened his hug a bit and nuzzled his nose into the crook of her neck, deeply taking in her warm, lovely scent. "Katie", he whispered lovingly. "My brave, wonderful, overconcerned Katie. You don't have to be scared anyone could convince me of you not being true to me. No one could make me doubt you, and no one could stop me from ending what I begun today. You know what? Let's forget it. Forget the prejudice, forget the pain."

With a determined smile, he rose to his feet, pulling Kate right up with him.
"Forget about the past. Forget about the wrong done to my kind. Someone has to make the first step, and- and I think I finally realized that I can make that step. Sweetheart nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart. Tomorrow, we will walk into that city hand in hand, as who we are. And we will show them that there is another way." He nodded to himself, almost seeing it right in front of him, a wide smile on his face as he looked down at Kate. "I would have never dared to try this without you, you know? But what if? What if we just do it? What if we don't let fate decide our paths but write our own story and give it a happy end? What if we don't just heal this world from the darkness out there- but also from the darkness in their hearts? But one thing is clear- we can only do it together. So are you in this with me, my sun? Will you go this path with me?"

Marceline bit her lip when Killian showed him the profits she should choose from, the picture of number two still lingering in her head.
Damn.
He already was hot like this, but that outfit- it was nothing special, really, but for some reason it made her internally catch fire.

"Would you stop being so hot?!", She gasped, slightly pushing him against the wall with her body while she kissed him deeply, breathing slightly deeper than before when she pulled back, a blush on her face.
"I- heh-! I didn't- I mean- sorry", she giggled awkwardly, pulling the strap of her top back over her shoulder as it had slid off.
"Number two", she just exclaimed, clearing her throat.

Gonna rely to rogue later, I'm currently about to meet a friend ;3

Catherine stared up at Caine, not sure what she was supposed to say, let alone feel, after everything he had just told her.
Only a minute ago he'd wanted her to pretend to be his owner and treat him badly, yet in a matter of seconds he completely changed both his mind and attitude and chose to walk in like every other species.
It was remarkable how much he cared about her that he'd break about a dozen laws - stupid and unnecessary ones though - just because she told him that she didn't want him to ever feel like less because of other's opinions and whatever. It was remarkable how he wanted to show everyone that he was nothing like people thought he was, and that he wanted to take such a big step to achieve that.
It all just made her incredibly proud, and no matter how confused she was with all of her different feelings at the moment, she knew that she was definitely most proud of him.

"Wow sweetie, I- I just have absolutely no words...", Kate stammered, slightly feeling as if she was about to give a speech in front of lots of important and influential people - all just because she felt like she needed to tell Caine just how important everything he said was to her and how proud she was... she however wouldn't be able to get anymore words than a few out of her mouth.
"I am so incredibly proud, and surprised, and shook... but mostly just so incredibly proud.", she mumbled, with such a loving smile on her face that it would be able to melt even the thickest ice caps in the coldest region.
"Of course I am with you. In everything, always."

Killian just grinned stupidly as Marceline pulled back out from the kiss, his heart racing as if it were the first time that it was able to pump blood while his mind was completely empty except for one thing - which was Marceline.
Literally his entire body was screaming her name, wanting to push her up against the next wall, their bodies as close as possible, tasting her sweet lips -
Killian shook his head to wake himself up from his daydreaming, glad that he hadn't drooled yet.

"Don't ever apologize for being so fucking hot-", the man chuckled, awkwardly running his fingers through his hair while turning around to put the clothes he wouldn't buy on a rack, holding outfit number two in his hands.
"So- you think I can just wear this already so I won't have to walk through the store in these old, ripped apart clothes?", he asked, slowly calming himself down from Marceline's passionate kiss.
"By the way- the way you look when you're about to drool is really cute-"

**look at my previous reply for your reply to Ryder**

Caine smiled thankfully as he softly stroked over Kate's cheek for a moment before he started to smirk- clearly plotting something.
"Where are we here...", he mumbled to himself and held one hand up to sky to measure the stars and determine their position that way. His eyes widened slightly in excitement when he looked back at Kate.
"So, I suppose we'll need a place to stay for the night, and we are very close to a place so secret it never is mentioned in Nova. Just promise me you will take everything you'll see from now on to the grave."
With a loving smile, he took her hand and led her a couple more miles through the forest, until he reached a gigantic tree, it's pitch black branches growing shimmering, silver leaves and giving off a soft glow.
"This is a rare kind of tree here in Nova that mainly grew in the south, near Amalthea", he explained silently. "Their common name is Silver-leaved Black Oak, but my people call them Ghost Trees, because they disappear during the day, as if they were ghosts. They are also our way of communicating with our ancestors, though only the Alphas and Shamans are able to access that connection. But this particular one..."

Smirking nervously, Caine approached the tree and rested his forehead against his, taking a deep breath. "I am Akeela Caine Mercy, eleventh son of Rahna Helena Mercy, crown prince of the fallen empire of Amalthea; I am suppliantly soliciting shelter for myself and my partner Catherine."
he sighed softly, looking around insecurely for a while before a hole in the ground opened up and a middle-aged man with the same animalistic features as Caine appeared out of it, looking at him with big eyes, full of disbelief.
"Akeela", the man breathed, bowing his head before he stared again. "We were sure the royal line was broken by your mother's death. Is that a human with you?"
"Rahna is alive and well, and so am I", Caine mumbled softly before he cleared his throat. "And yes, Katie, this is Thresh, the former Alpha of the Dunbron Clan; comparable with a lord in your world. Thresh, this is Catherine, my better half. Will you grant us shelter, Thresh?"
"Of course!", the man said quickly, welcoming Kate as well with a warm smile, bowing once more. "I am honored to meet you, Miss Catherine. please follow me."

through the hole in the ground, Thresh led them into an underground village, hidden so well it really was impossible to find without knowing exactly how to be let in. Dozens of Cainssons, from old men and women to little kids, some in human, some in half, but most in wolf shift, roamed the streets, giving them curious, but mainly warm-hearted looks that clearly showed that they all knew how horrible it felt to be alone in a world that hated them.
"This is Dewas Four, one of six hidden underground villages raised secretly by Cainssons. They are a shelter for those who escaped or were left behind, a safe haven, if you want", Caine explained silently. the other Cainsson led them into a simple but cozy cottage to stay for the night and wished them a good night, a bright, hopeful smile on his face.
sighing contently, Caine smirked at Katie and gently pulled her into his arms, his hands stroking over her back so softly his touch could have even calmed a lion with rabies down. "I promise, once this is over we will find the most calm and beautiful place in whole Nova and just spend our time as calmly and relaxingly as possible", he whispered to her ear, gently kissing her shoulder before he let go of her. "Since we are going to Ajolos Harbor tomorrow, I should probably change into some better clothes to not look like a ragged runaway slave", he exclaimed, motioning down towards his typical ragged slave clothes he was still wearing.
"be back in One second; there should be some clothes for the night in that wardrobe ober there, in case you want to change into something more comfortable as well", he whispered and made his way into the bedroom to change, shower and generally get himself into a better shape than he was in now- because right now, he still looked like right from the street. he soon came out freshly shaved, hair trimmed, and in a white shirt and black leather jacket, combined with some dark blue jeans and black shoes- looking so much less like had just dropped out of a medieval fantasy novel... and rather like friggin suave guy with really unusual ears and teeth.
"Think this will work?", he asked silently, raising one eyebrow insecurely. "Ive never worn anything but that slave rags before... kinda insecure, y'know...."

Marceline grinned softly as she stood up on her tip toes to give killian another deep kiss, running her fingers over his abs before she winked at him and pulled the price tags off the new clothes. "Here, we just give Kiera these at the cash desk, that should do it. She's usually really chill, especially when it comes down to doing friends a favor."

She sighed happily for a moment when she looked up into Killian's eyes and lastly just took his hand, fingers intertwined, to pull him along back down to ground floor, to get the groceries for their Picknick.
"Hmmm... What about strawberries?", She suggested; however her voice sounded somewhat distracted. After a moment she turned back around to killian and looked deep into his eyes. "Honey? No matter what the people out there might say or think about you; or what you yourself think about you- never forget you're no monster or worthless discarded crossbreed. You are a great man with such a bright spirit and big heart. And no matter what the people out there might say tomorrow when we seek the harbor for a sailor- you deserve a happy life, and you are what and who you want to be- don't let them tell you something else."
Smiling lovingly, she gave his hand a gentle squeeze and quickly went back to looking for groceries for their Picknick. "Watermelon?"

Celia frowned thoughtfully while she watched Ryder for a couple of minutes, lastly slightly shook her head and figured there probably was something behind what he had just said.
"Ryder, are you sure you've been talking about me there?", She mumbled carefully, resting her hand on his to make him stop chopping and evading the conversation.
"I've never been used by anyone; because I've never let anyone close enough to use me. Anytime someone wanted something from me, it had a price. You are the first one I'm not asking to repay me."

She sighed silently, her gaze digging into the wooden countertop because she just wasn't used to being sincere.
"Hey, we decided to work together and really, I'm not like the people who left and betrayed you all your life, okay? If we'll get into trouble it won't be everyone for themselves; we get out or go down together. You can trust me. As a partner in crime and also as a friend."
She nodded slowly to herself, get breath kind of nervous before she let go of Ryder's hand and turned back to her potatoes. "And Ryder? You have a nice smile. You should do that more often, handsome."

Catherine's usual soft smile turned into a cheeky, devilish smirk, deepening her breath as she walked up to Caine, only to grab the collar of his shirt, pull him down near her face and kiss him deeply. A fiery, passionate kiss, pressing her body against him as if their lips touching just wasn't enough.
She let go of him after a moment, letting out a long, content sigh - that soon turned her entire expression into an awkward one.

"Well-", she started, gulping, just letting out a nervous giggle.
"You look fantastic, sweetie. And not just an ordinary fantastic but one that wows and amazes and makes me burn with this fiery passion for you- you're hot. Really handsome and hot and it will be hard keeping my fingers off of you.", Kate added, letting out another giggle before she glanced over at the wardrobe.
"So you think there's something in there for me as well? I'm still wearing my doctor-stuff, just without the white coat. And I have to look my best for tomorrow when we show everyone that a human and a Cainsson can be together and that both, especially you, aren't evil nor dangerous nor whatever others think!"

Killian watched Marceline return to picking out fruit for their picknick, just pretending as if she hadn't just said all those important words to him. Perhaps they weren't extremely important to her, but to him they meant the world.
Nobody had ever seen anything else than a dangerous, calm man who could turn against any- and everyone in a matter of seconds. Nobody had ever seen past the facade, nobody had ever even tried to.
But then there was Marceline, the most amazing person in the entire universe, bringing peace into his chaotic heart and mind, making his darkness fade whenever she was near, making him feel as if he was important too, as if he was someone people would miss, people would like to remember in a good way.
She made him feel alive. She made him feel like himself.

"Thank you.", the man whispered as a reply, searching the whisp's tiny hand and giving it a soft squeeze.
"With you by my side I couldn't care less about what people think or say about me, as long as you don't believe I'm a monster..."
Killian smiled lovingly, quickly giving her a soft peck on her cheek before he turned to the greens to help her find some food.
"Well I love both strawberries and watermelon! So good choices. Hey, what about grapes? Maybe some blueberries too?"

"It'd make you the first.", Ryder mumbled as Celia mentioned that she'd be a friend to him, someone who wouldn't stab him in the back and leave him to die, someone he could trust.
Even though she had opened up to him a lot, especially since they had only met each other a couple of hours ago, but he just couldn't talk about his feelings and emotions like she had. He thought it to be unfair towards Celia for him not to open up, but he had just never gotten the opportunity to totally let go and not having to pretend to be the tough, careless pirate, that now once he had the opportunity to, he didn't know how to take it.

The man was quite lost in thoughts, thinking of something meaningful, something that would show Celia how much he appreciated it, to say, but his mind was blank.
It wasn't until Celia pulled back her hand from his that thoughts started appearing again.
Upon her mentioning that he had a nice smile, Ryder just looked down at his vegetables, lost in thoughts, before turning to look at the beautiful woman, a soft smile on his face.
"If you like it, I gotta try and smile a lil' more then."

Caine was breathing heavily after that breathtaking kiss from Catherine before a small, sinister smirk appeared on his lips and he just pulled her into another deep kiss, lifting her up with his strong arms to gently push her against the wall behind her.
His heart was racing violently, his senses focused on nothing but the beautiful, amazing woman in front of him.
"Who said i'd want you to keep your fingers off me?", he whispered to her ear, lips running up her neck before he gently nibbled on her ear lobe.
"Catherine what are you doing to me...", he mumbled and lastly pulled back- much to his dismay. but he just didn't want to rush anything and make Kate feel pressured or uncomfortable.

"to answer your question- yes, there might be something fitting you. but if what you want isn't there we can go and try to buy something in a store... if they'll let us in", he mumbled with a soft, loving smile. "hey sunshine? you do know you always look breathtaking, no matter what you wear, do you?"
his voice was nothing but a loving whisper right at her ear.
"But...what if we forget about everything for a while and justmake ourselves comfortably in that bed over there?", he whispered lovingly.

Marceline smiled lovingly at Killian, get thumb softly stroking over his palm while she was watching him from the corner of her eye.
How could people think he was a monster? He clearly wasn't, he was loving, sweet, caring...he just was a great man.
"I'm not a bigfan of blueberries, but if you like them we of course can take them.grapes sounds good", she commented his suggestions before she went over to cooled food.
"What about these pre made sandwiches? They are awesome."

She looked back at killian with softly sparkling eyes, a gentle smirk on her face.
"By the way... You're a great kisser", she chuckled silently. "And, hehe, hot.as.hell. aaand...honestly...my first boyfriend."
Winking, she turned back to the food and picked up some sandwiches.
"Okay...something to drink? They have this awesome mango-orange juice here, can only recommend it. And we need cookies!"

Celia smiled softly, clearly noticing how he was struggling to find the words for his thoughts and the key to his feelings.
He really seemed to have been isolated from trustworthy people for basically all his life...
"It's okay", she just whispered softly. "I know how you feel, Ryder. The witch-side of me wants to burst it all out, just let go of everything all at once, but my Oracle-side tries to keep it all locked away because it thinks it would mean weakness. I understand." she gently petted his back for a moment and lastly just put a hand on his arm saying "there's something I'd like to try, if you don't mind..."

Her heart was racing violently, from both, fear and excitement, when she reached out and carefully pulled the pirate into a soft hug, her forehead resting against his shoulder.
She sighed calmly before she looked up at him.
"Out there we are lawless outcasts, so we can't let them see what's inside us.they would use it against us. And sometimes it's hard finding home to yourself when you constantly toe that line..."
Smiling softly, she reached up to gently stroke a streak of hair out of his face before she hugged him again, this time halfway cuddling her head against his shoulder.it had been so, so long since the last time she had felt so safe around someone, and now that she did, letting go felt almost impossible.
"It's okay...you can do whatever you want to do, feel whatever you want to feel. You're safe here. You're home."

Cattherine let out a content sigh after Caine had pulled her into another fiery kiss, re-gaining her breath before she finally replied to the man's comment about what she was doing to him.
"Well sweetie, I don't know - but I have a strong feeling that you're doing the exact same thing to me.", she winked, slightly tilting her head as Caine suddenly pulled back, just pulling him back into her arms.
"Don't worry about us having to buy something, I bet there'll be something in the wardrobe for me. And if not I'll just wear some of your clothes!", Kate giggled, awing as Caine commented on her always being beautiful no matter what she'd wear.
"You're such a gentleman.", she just whispered, letting out another happy sigh as took a deep breath, inhaling Caine's wonderful, already so familiar, scent.

"I'd love to make ourselves comfortably on the bed, but not before I've showered. I don't know how you feel about it, but I feel extremely sweaty and my clothes still have some of your blood stains on them. And my hair smells.", Katie explained, gently kissing the man's cheek as she let go of him, making her way into the bathroom to wash herself.
It didn't take too long before Catherine walked back into the room, her hair tied up in a messy bun, wearing just like Caine a white shirt and some blue pants (hers light blue though), however combined with a light brown leather jacket and some black shoes.
"There was actually this really pretty dress in the wardrobe but I thought that running away from enemies might be quite difficult in a dress and heels.", she explained while walking up to her boyfriend, grinning softly as she poked his nosetip with hers.
"Now we both smell good again."

"I don't like blueberries either, but I'd eat them if you'd like them.", Killian replied with an awkward smirk on his face, nodding at her suggestion of getting some pre-made sandwiches.
"They indeed look really good.", he commented, contemplating all the different choices.
The man looked up from the sandwiches as Marceline mentioned him being a good kisser, 'hot as hell' and her first boyfriend, to which he just replied with a soft smirk.
"I have only loved three women my entire life. My mother, my sister - and you."

He was thinking about throwing in some cheesy line about only loving four women his entire time, including their future daughter, but he concluded that to possibly come off as creepy and he didn't want to scare her off by saying something like that, so he just smiled lovingly at Marceline, giving her a quick peck on her cheek before he helped her grab some sandwiches to throw them into their cart.
"By the way, I think you're hotter than hell.", he mumbled, winking at her, just admiring her beauty for a moment before thinking of something to drink as well.
"I've never had mango-orange juice, but it sounds great. Actually I have never had mangos nor oranges before either, so I wouldn't even know what that tastes like - I'm trailing off, what I mean to say is that I'd like to try that amazing mango-orange juice you're talking about. And as for the cookies, I believe we walked past them when searching for the cooled fruit, so they should be over there somewhere."

Ryder froze on the spot as Celia pulled him into a hug, feeling as if the entire world had stopped spinning.
His mind was at peace, his heart racing - but it still felt comfortable, almost natural to feel like this.
Celia was there, her arms wrapped around him, her forehead resting against his shoulder - showing him that she cared about him. Showing him that there was more than pain in his life.
It felt strange being held, being in such a vulnerable position, but Ryder didn't want it to end. He didn't know what it was, but her warmth somehow seemed to radiate over to him, making him feel something he had never felt before.
A feeling that was confusing, not familiar, yet so beautiful and peaceful that it didn't matter how confusing it was.

Just as the man wanted to reply, Celia hugged him a second time, a lot tighter this time, now fully cuddling against him.
While he at first just awkwardly stood there, not sure what to do, he lastly gave in and slowly lowered his arms to wrap them around Celia, reluctantly burying his face into her neck, taking a deep breath before he finally totally let go, his tensed muscles completely relaxing, his heart calming down to a regular speed, his breath slow but steady.
"Thank you.", Ryder whispered to Celia, his lower lip softly brushing her ear just before he went back to cuddling his face into her neck, holding her tightly as if, once he'd let go, he'd lose the only grip he had right now, his only friend - and although it would sound bizarre saying it out loud - he'd lose his home.

Caine smirked lovingly as he watched Kate disappear into the bathroom.
Her hair didn't smell.
She probably wasn't even capable of smelling bad.
Like, at all.
While she was busy showering, Caine got ready for a comfy night; after putting all his clothes for tomorrow over the back of the next chair, he just decided to sleep in his shorts- because seriously, it was warm. And he had never been able to sleep wearing clothes.
Kate surely wouldn't mind, would she?

When she came back out of the bathroom, he grinned softly and held up both thumbs.
"You look awesome!", he complimented her, and immediately sneezed again when Kate poked her nose tip against his.
"I'd love yo see you in a dress sometime though...", he mumbled dreamily, and before he could stop himself he added "in a white one at best."
Blushing slightly, he winked at her, but lastly just ran over to the bed and let himself fall into the soft mattress.god that felt heavenly.
"Mylady, your pillow is ready for a night full of cuddling and sweet dreams", he chuckled happily, before he abruptly sat up again. "Oh, or are you hungry? We haven't eaten anything all day..."

Marceline awed softly at Killian's mention of only loving three women his entire life and smirked softly as she stood up oj her tip toes and gave him a quick kiss.
"I've only loved two men my entire life", she mumbled, blushing just a tiny bit. "You... And our future son."
She winked at him, giggling softly before she went back to focusing on their food.

"Okay, I think we got everything then?", she asked happily; looking up when two elderly women walked past them, probably both harpies, guessing from the shimmering, colorful wings on their backs.
"N'evening", they greeted while walking by, until one of them stopped and came back, smiling softly.
"Excuse me, I just couldn't help but tell the two of you what a beautiful couple you are.it's nice to see that there are still people who don't care about species stereotypes."

When the elderly woman walked away again, Marceline was smiling softly. "What a sweet lady! I wish everyone was like that, really."

Celia sighed peacefully when she felt how Ryder was melting into her hug, and honestly, it made her melt into it even more.
Life had held so much pain, so much betrayal and disappointment for both of them, but here they were, strangers thrown together by coincidence- or maybe fate.
They were like two birds with a broken wing, both unable to fly, but soaring when they held on to each other.
In such a short time, they had become so close it was physically painful to imagine ever separating again.

''Always", she whispered when she looked up into Ryder's eyes, her brown eye sparkling brightly like the stars before she cuddled against him again, eyes closed in peace when she ran her nose tip over his neck for a second, to take in his scent.
How could it already feel so familiar?!
''Welcome home, Ryder...", she whispered softly. "I feel like I've been waiting for you..."

Catherine awed at Caine's comment about wanting to see her in a white dress someday, sighing happily as she saw the man making himself comfortable in bed.
"Now I got all dressed and need to undress again!", she sighed, just letting out a soft chuckle while she got rid of her clothes, putting them on a chair as well, letting herself drop down on the bed next to her boyfriend.
He'd probably not mind her sleeping in her underwear, after all that was what he was doing too. She'd obviously put on some clothes would Caine ask her to.
She just put her hand on the man's chest, gently pushing him down onto his back so she could cuddle against him.

"Well, I'm not hungry at all. Probably because of everything happening, which I still have to get used to. Especially being in a whole new world, with its entire own universe, lots of different and new things to discover... and that's quite overwhelming.", Kate replied, smiling softly. "But if you want to eat something we could go grab something. Maybe I could you cook you something, if perhaps this hidden Cainsson-town has a grocery store somewhere?"

"You stole my line.", Killian chuckled, winking, a soft smirk on his face. He wasn't sure how to feel about what Marceline had told him. Obviously only positive feelings, but he just couldn't decide between feeling pure joy or a happiness so overwhelming he'd want to cry. Both seemed pretty good, though.
Just as they were about to walk off to pay for everything they'd need, two elderly harpies walked by - Killian wanting to step protectively in front of Marceline as one returned to talk to them.
However upon hearing her words, the man stared confusedly at the woman as she made her way back to her friend, leaving Killian and Marceline after having complimented them on being a beautiful couple.

He had never thought people would just walk up to others and tell them how cute they were as a couple, but now that this woman had done exactly that, Killian couldn't stop grinning happily.
The harpy had noticed them being together, as couple, and she hadn't mind at all - no, she seemed to be extremely happy about it, extremely happy for them.
"Did that really just happen?", the Dark One asked, happily turning to his girlfriend, grabbing her hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.
"Imagine if everyone would think like that..."

The pirate felt goosebumps appear all over his body as the woman tightened her hug one last time, running her nosetip over his neck, her lips brushing his skin as she talked.
He wasn't sure what this was. He didn't know what anything was, but he knew that he loved the feeling.
He loved holding Celia in his arms, them cuddling against each other, taking in each other's scent, showing each other how valuable they were.
It felt like a dream. All of it did. Becoming friends with the gypsy, sharing each other's life stories... hugging.
Things he had always believed to be impossible, nothing more than some stupid myth.
Yet, he had a friend now. Someone to hold. Someone to cry to, someone who wouldn't judge.
Someone for whom to be vulnerable.

Ryder gently let go of the hug after a while, taking a step back, nervously switching his gaze from Celia to the floor and back. It was stupid what he was doing, he knew that, but he wasn't sure what to say, what to do.
Should he thank her once more? And what exactly would he thank her for then? Should he say something else? Like what? Keep quiet? Keep on awkwardly staring at her?
"Well now I feel awkward.", the pirate just joked, swiftly running his tongue around his lips before he just flashed a soft smirk at Celia.
"As you notice I'm not a man of many words. Well, no serious ones.", he added with a wink, his smirk slowly turning into a soft grin.
"Home."

Caine Smiled lovingly as he pulled Kate closer by her waist and softly kissed her neck.
"Katie, you know- if you ever need someone to talk to, im always here for you, okay? In case everything gets too overwhelming for you, sunshine."
Chuckling silently he shook his head when Kate offered to cook him something and go to a groceries store.
"Im not hungry", he hummed softly. "Before you and Alma saved me I was feeding on leftover. Once every two days was already a lucky find."

Turning onto his side so he could look at Katie, his head resting on his one hand while his other hand gently rested on Kate's waist, he smiled softly.
"Let me tell you how my kind lives-", he mumbled. "We don't have any stores. Before our kingdom was destroyed, we used to love in harmony and peace. No one was forgotten or left behind. My mother, her father, her grandmother- they were the kings and queens, and they were in constant xontsct with the Alphas. Five clans lived in our kingdom: Dunbron, Khaleea, Atreskier, Macron and Werrion. The five Alphas led the clans, along with their families, and every single one counted. The clans helped each other without expecting something in return. Every full moon, everyone would come to the royal castle. It was a time to be thankful for everything everyone did for each other, and a time to talk about everything important and unimportant. We didn't need stores- we just gave."

He sighed softly, slightly shaking his head. "Our only mistake was to think that we needed to isolate ourselves to maintain our peaceful life. That left too much space for prejudices to spread, especially fear about or wolf nature. We look bery similar to our wilder relatives, the werewolves. And before we could react... It was too late. I hope one day I will be able to restore Amalthea and rebuild the paradise my mother told me about..."

[Gonna reply to the others later, I'm meeting some friends in a bit^^]

"Thank you, sweetie.", Catherine replied upon Caine suggesting she'd talk to him once everything would get too overwhelming for her.
He was probably the only person to ever suggest for her to get help if needed - as most usually tended to say that she was a professional, a psychiatrist, and should know how to handle things on her own.
She was smiling lovingly, a determined sparkling appearing in her eyes as the man mentioned him being lucky if he had been able to get food once every two days.
"Well I'm sure gonna change that! I'll make lots of food for you, that much that your belly will explode!", Kate replied, winking at the Cainsson while she let out a soft chuckle, already imagining herself standing in the kitchen, making pancakes while Caine was still playing with their children...

She listened closely while Caine talked about how life used to be for the Cainssons in Nova, sighing sadly as she noticed how devastated Caine was about what had happened to his people.
"It sounds wonderful.", Katie whispered, gently running her fingers over Caine's abs while locking her eyes with his.
"And I am sure you'll be the one to restore the faith in every single Cainsson out there, to restore Amalthea and shed light and life onto those black hearts of everyone saying you Cainssons are worthless. I believe you can do it all, baby. And I'll always be by your side to give you a helping hand and to make sure you never lose hope."

(okidokiiii just don't forget xD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back