• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Notification Settings

Kiyoko Tomoe

The Donut Goddess
I know there's been a lot of questions about notifications, but mine's not really about them not working. Rather, I'm wondering where to find the setting that makes notifications display as a number on the tabs. I've tried finding the setting myself, but it's nowhere to be found.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Rather, I'm wondering where to find the setting that makes notifications display as a number on the tabs.

[/QUOTE]
Not entirely sure what you are asking. Are you trying to make them go away? Or... to stop watching a thread to make the notification not appear?

I know exactly what you're talking about. I just need to find it. ( :) )

It's not an option, it was an add on for the site. However, it has finally broken after a long period of issues, so it has been removed.

We might be looking into fixing the addon or something else, however it isn't one of our priorities at this time.

What Pineapple is referring to is the Alert Preferences. There used to be an option where you were able to choose how the Live Updates worked on your browser.

Musician said:
What Pineapple is referring to is the Alert Preferences. There used to be an option where you were able to choose how the Live Updates worked on your browser.
That was never an option, it just always worked or not, if we had it turned on.

It finally broke though, its one of our oldest addons.

Pineapple said:
It's not an option, it was an add on for the site. However, it has finally broken after a long period of issues, so it has been removed.
We might be looking into fixing the addon or something else, however it isn't one of our priorities at this time.
Musician said:
Ah, so no more such thing as the number of notifications displaying alongside the tiny mark in the tabs? Dang, can't be on a separate tab without switching back and forth now.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]That was never an option, it just always worked or not, if we had it turned on.
It finally broke though, its one of our oldest addons.

[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure what I'm talking about was an option... Just to make sure what I'm talking about's understood though, I mean up on the tabs in the screenshot below, where the RpN mark is at. Used to be a number. Really do want to be certain on this whole thing, since it saves me a lot of time having the number there to let me know there are notifications, rather than having to switch back and forth between tabs just to know whether or not I have any...

DN9rtJs.png

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Ah, so no more such thing as the number of notifications displaying alongside the tiny mark in the tabs? Dang, can't be on a separate tab without switching back and forth now.
I'm pretty sure what I'm talking about was an option... Just to make sure what I'm talking about's understood though, I mean up on the tabs in the screenshot below, where the RpN mark is at. Used to be a number. Really do want to be certain on this whole thing, since it saves me a lot of time having the number there to let me know there are notifications, rather than having to switch back and forth between tabs just to know whether or not I have any...

DN9rtJs.png

[/QUOTE]
Yes, I knew what you were talking about.

I'll see about a replacement.

DWiz, it was an option at one point. The only reason why I knew what to find was because I had to fix my preferences when the larger notification tab setting was implemented (the notification that shows on the bottom left hand corner as a large image instead of a smaller tab). ( :) )

No matter, you can always refresh your browser every couple of minutes to see if any new notifications pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back