• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern New and Improved || Character Sign-Up || CLOSED

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
giphy.gif

New and Improved || Character Sign-Up

Here's how this is going to work. I supply the CS, you fill it out. I'll only be accepting characters that I feel fit the roleplay and that I can give interesting powers to without the normal cliche reactions one would normally find within such a roleplay. So I would avoid and overdone tropes, arch types, and things of that nature for a better chance of getting in cause not everyone will.

Rules
- Two paragraphs per post, this can fluctuate depending but is more or less expected.
- Give me realistic characters with some diversity, and I don't just mean race. Not everyone needs to hug the 21-22 borderline and I already know my character won't.
- If you are accepted, you will not complain about the power assigned to you once that time comes IC. I don't care if you normally have ice manipulation, I want you to get out of your comfort zone. If you throw a tantrum because it isn't what you wanted, the door is RIGHT there.
- That's about it... just don't be an asshole, alright?

Power Type
This is going to make my life a bit easier when choosing an ability and give you a bit more control (although not too much, hehehe.) You are able to pick the type of power I will give your character, which will severely narrow down the many different choices I'll have.
Physical: This will allow the character to have some sort of ability that affects themselves physically, such as being able to turn into liquid or change their form.
Mental: The character will be able to manipulate the world and others around the mentally, such as with telekinesis and telepathy.
Elemental: (I strongly advise against this one) This will allow the character to have some sort of control over an element, such as being able to control water or fire.
Enchantment: This character has an ability that is more often than not passive that has enhanced one or multiple aspects of their being such as hearing or strength.
Random: You allow the GM to decide for you, which has as much risk as reward.

Go into your preferences and DISABLE your rich text editor before filling this out.

Basic InformationName: Something reasonable
Gender: If I have to google it, most likely not a good idea.
Sexuality: I make no promises if romance will or will not occur.

Appearance InformationHeight: Reasonable once again
Weight: Use a BMI calculator
Hair: Nothing unnatural unless its dye
Eyes: Ditto, unless they're contacts
Build: Physically
Complexion: Skin tone
Other: Anything extra you want to add

Asset InformationPower Type: Mental, Physical, Elemental, or Random
Stats:
(There will be no dice used, this is just for me to gauge what might be a suitable ability. The lower the number, the worse they are in that category out of 5. If you do not know what they mean, google is a great resource! There must be one in each. Delete this text after reading.)
  • Strength: _/5
  • Dexterity: _/5
  • Constitution: _/5
  • Intelligence: _/5
  • Wisdom: _/5
  • Charisma: _/5
Personal InformationPersonality: A decent sized paragraph.
PoV: As of right now, without any prior knowledge, what is their current stance on the subject of mutations within DNA, unfathomable abilities, and extra terrestrials. Another good paragraph or two.

Coded By || StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Code:
[div=width: 80%; height: 415px; border: 4px solid black; margin: auto; background: #666666; padding: 5px;] [div=float: left; width: auto; height: 380px; background: white; padding: 5px; overflow: auto;  border: 4px solid black; margin: auto;][color=black][divide=thin][/divide]
[sh]Basic Information[/sh]
[divide=thin][/divide]
[b]Name:[/b] Something reasonable
[b]Age:[/b] 21+ Only, although I encourage older.
[b]Gender:[/b] If I have to google it, most likely not a good idea.
[b]Occupation:[/b] Are they a student? Work somewhere specific? 
[b]Sexuality:[/b] I make no promises if romance will or will not occur.

[divide=thin][/divide]
[sh]Appearance Information[/sh]
[divide=thin][/divide]
[b]Height:[/b] Reasonable once again
[b]Weight:[/b] Use a BMI calculator
[b]Hair:[/b] Nothing unnatural unless its dye
[b]Eyes:[/b] Ditto, unless they're contacts
[b]Build:[/b] Physically
[b]Complexion:[/b] Skin tone
[b]Other:[/b] Anything extra you want to add

[divide=thin][/divide]
[sh]Asset Information[/sh]
[divide=thin][/divide]
[b]Power Type:[/b] Mental, Physical, Elemental, or Random
[b]Stats:[/b]
(There will be no dice used, this is just for me to gauge what might be a suitable ability. The lower the number, the worse they are in that category out of 5. If you do not know what they mean, google is a great resource! There must be one in each. Delete this text after reading.)
[List][*][u]Strength:[/u] _/5
[*][u]Dexterity:[/u] _/5
[*][u]Constitution:[/u] _/5
[*][u]Intelligence:[/u] _/5
[*][u]Wisdom:[/u] _/5
[*][u]Charisma:[/u] _/5[/list]
[divide=thin][/divide]
[sh]Personal Information[/sh]
[divide=thin][/divide]
[b]Personality:[/b] A decent sized paragraph.
[b]PoV:[/b] As of right now, without any prior knowledge, what is their current stance on the subject of mutations within DNA, unfathomable abilities, and extra terrestrials. Another good paragraph or two.[/color][/div]
[center][color=black][size=3]Coded By || [USER=12813]@StoneWolf18[/USER][/size][/color][/center][/div]

Basic InformationName: Dr Marco Rodriguez
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Appearance InformationHeight: 6'0"
Weight: 152lbs
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Brown
Build: Average
Complexion: Tanned
Other:

Untitled.png

Asset InformationPower Type: Random
Stats:

• Strength: 3/5
  • Dexterity: 5/5
  • Constitution: 3/5
  • Intelligence: 4/5
  • Wisdom: 4/5
  • Charisma: 4/5
Personal InformationPersonality: With his friends, Marco is friendly and trustworthy. Though he is more eccentric, less outgoing and less adventurous than his friends he would do anything to help them in their time of need. With women, he is generous, charming and flirtatious, often taking new women out to fancy restaurants on dates. He is romantic and likes the idea of settling down, but his deep commitment to his career tends to get in the way of long-term relationships. At work, Marco is serious and professional, taking advantage of his warm and understanding nature to communicate with his patients or colleagues. There are times when he has to deliver bad news to his patients, but he is able to put on a mask to remain objective and supportive After working long hours and suppressing his emotions, there are times when everything catches up to him and Marco has been known to hit the bottle to block out his stress. Regardless, he is a proud man and loves his job. He's highly intelligent, particularly where biology is concerned, so finds great enjoyment in reading up on new research and medical developments. Although he is not at all a violent man, he can grow angry and argumentative if he feels people are provoking him or belittling others.

PoV:
In his career, Marco has seen first hand the "miracles" of the human body and brain. However, he doesn't refer to them as miracles, believing the human body is a highly complex and marvellous structure, and is in a constant state of realistic evolution. It can all be explained scientifically. Whilst he agrees humans can mutate, it's more in the sense of being born with an extra toe or a rare eye colour, but nothing in the sense of being able to fly or walk through walls. To him, superhuman abilities are just science fiction. He doesn't believe in aliens or ghosts, and he openly puts his lack of belief in any religious god into the same category.

Last edited:

Basic InformationName: Amanda Scott

Sexuality: Homosexual

Appearance InformationHeight: 5' 11"

Weight: 128 lbs

Hair: Red

Eyes: Green

Build: Slim and Feminine

Complexion: Pale

Other: She has a tattoo of a bird taking flight on her left shoulder.
Karen-Gillan-how-to-be-a-redhead-beauty-secrets.jpg

Stats:

• Strength: 2/5
  • Dexterity: 2/5
  • Constitution: 3/5
  • Wisdom: 5/5
Personal InformationPersonality: Amanda is a a kind and gentle person and she rarely raises her voice at anyone. She always seems to be always optimistic and always seems to have a positive outlook on people and life in general. She always sees the good in people and believes that no one is truly bad and that everyone is good underneath. Due to her trusting nature, she can be quite naive and is fairly easy to trick. Whenever faced with a fight or flee situation, she would most often choose to flee. The only reason she may be compelled to stah and fight is if other people would be put in harms way due to her decision. She can also be a bit passive, not having the initiative to take the first action. She is loyal to her friends and she always keeps her word, which can be taken advantage of very easily.

PoV: Amanda believes that these kinds of things are impossible and can only be achieved in the realm of fiction. She has nothing against the idea, on the contrary, she welcomes it as she believes that it can do a lot of good for humanity. It's just that all of these seems too ficticious and impossible to her. Sure, maybe a hundred years in the future this might be more commonplace, but for now she thinks that the only place these concepts could exist is only in fiction.

As for the subject of extra-terrestrials, well let's just say that she's afraid of them. This is mostly attributed to her having watched sci-fi horror movies like Alien, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, The Thing, and most terrifying of all, E.T. Her fear of extra-terrestrials is also because of the fact that they are too different and advanced than humans. She really thinks that if extra-terrestrials do exist, they would humans as nothing more than an inferior race no different from beasts and that they would have no hesitation in using us as a source of sustenance, much like we do with animals.

Last edited:

Basic Information

Name: Valorie Moore
Sexuality: Bi-curious

Appearance Information

Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 105 lbs (she is a but underweight due to having a fast metabolism)
Hair: Thick, long, black, parted in the center, extends to her mid-back.
Eyes: Black (pupils are still visible)
Build: Slim
Complexion: Rather pale

Asset Information

Power Type: Physical
Stats:
  • Dexterity: 4/5
  • Constitution: 2/5
  • Wisdom: 3/5
  • Charisma: 3/5

Personal Information

Personality: Valorie is a rather soft spoken individual, not really one crave attention or force her options down other’s throats. Although that doesn’t mean she isn’t social, for the woman does enjoy spending time alongside others she is close with as well as meeting those she hasn’t, as long as they aren’t too loud or obnoxious.
PoV: The woman is conflicted on matters like this. Part of her wants to believe that something seemingly impossible might exist out there, but she logically knows that it couldn’t exist even if she wanted it to.

Basic InformationName: Clive Hayden

Appearance InformationHeight: 5'7
Weight: 58kg
Hair: Brown, bordering on black, with the rare grey hair, naturally slightly wavy. Usually overgrown and unwashed, extending down to his shoulders.
Eyes: Dark Brown
Build: Slim, more through poor nutrition than good practice.
Complexion: Dulled skin, although naturally quite dark.
Other: Usually keeps a beard, although does very little to maintain it, giving it the same ragged look as the rest of his face. A scar runs deep through his left cheek, with a visible chunk of that side of his nose missing.

Asset InformationPower Type: Physical
Stats:

• Strength: 1/5
  • Dexterity: 3/5
  • Intelligence: 2/5
  • Charisma: 2/5
Personal InformationPersonality: In his youth, Clive was a friendly, chatty and laidback person, simply allowing things to just 'flow'. He could even have been described as generous, being quite happy to help other who were in of greater need than him. However, as his life went on, he grew steadily more bitter, and today is far less amicable. He talks much less, and when he does, he is often rude or downright offensive, something that hasn't earned him many friends. His previous generosity is all but gone, and now appears to only care for himself and his own needs - even this, he often doesn't fulfil.
PoV: Really, he probably hasn't even considered the idea of the supernatural or the inexplicable, or anything like that, other than to dismiss it, being very grounded in 'reality', as bleak as he feels that is. Anything DNA-based is far too scientific for him to care about at all, and would also be too disruptive of his gritty vision of the world.

tumblr_nfn9znXh2N1rll77uo1_500.jpg
Basic InformationName:
William Rundell Haus Code

Male

Art Student for the Less-Abled Institution of Creative Arts

Sexuality:
Heterosexual
(Although no serious relationships have been held thus far)

Appearance InformationHeight:
5'11"

Weight:
65kg

Hair:
Brown

Eyes:
Who knows?

Build:
Slender, light muscle mass

Complexion:
Caucasian

Other:
Umm, he really likes ice tea?
Oh, and he's completely blind in both eyes.

Asset InformationPower Type:

Mental
(Was gonna go with random but way more people have already than I thought and my character is screwed if he gets some power unrelated to his disability. Of course, if the gm has something specific they really want for me, then I don't mind.)

Stats:
  • Dexterity: 4/5
  • Constitution: 1/5
  • Intelligence: 5/5
Personal Information
Personality: William is a gentleman at heart. He is kind, loyal, understanding, courteous and incredibly charming. His generously calm and polite attitude often comes as a shock to strangers as they are treated as very good old friends by the young man, much to their surprise. William is also brave, being capable of standing up for others despite his weak disposition and throwing himself in harms way for their sakes too. Academically, William is a genius, sporting high grades across all subjects and ultimately taking a creative route in hopes that his disability will not hinder him. He loves to make new friends and hold meaningful conversations with them, usually over a calm cup of tea during a quiet evening. Of course, William is not without modesty and is not above self-deprecating jokes to help lighten the mood. He does not act like the simple pompous "above them all" gentlemen and has a developed sense of humility with his incredible brain and charm.

PoV: William has never before come into contact with the supernatural and/or testing that has resulted in odd abilities. He had always turned down potentially risky experiment "treatments" for his disability, brushing them off as little more than self gain marketing ploys. However, William is very opened and kind so he will not simply fear or be overly surprised by the discovery of people with supernatural powers, or even himself possessing them. Not that he's expected it ever, but rather he is very keen to think the best about people and usually takes what they say for face value, believing them. But he's not a gullible idiot either, for important matters that transcend trust, William will require evidence in order to believe something serious. Thus, if an example could be shown, he would believe in these powers and extraterrestrials.

Coded by || StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:
Basic InformationName: Camilla Finn Haas
Sexuality: Bisexual

Appearance InformationHeight: 5'4"
Weight: 54kg/119lb
Hair: Dirty blonde, dyed highlights.
Eyes: Hazel.
Build: Generally petite, slender.
Complexion: Pale

Other: Needs to wear glasses, though they're not strong.
4d5831105dfceb7d4563803349f3dc26.jpg

Stats:

• Strength: 1/5
  • Dexterity: 5/5
  • Intelligence: 5/5
Personal InformationPersonality: Camilla Finn is a confident person on all fronts; academically, romantically, socially. She is a generally flirty person with everyone. She has a sarcastic humour and is usually very charming with everyone she meets. She grew up in a rich family, her mother a lawyer and father a doctor, and neither were around much. She was usually left to her own devices, which made her very independent and self-sufficient. Her parents died in a plane crash when Camilla Finn was 17, leaving her the Haas family fortune. She can sometimes be a bit egocentric or rude, it's never too bad. It is habitual for her to tell the truth, though she is an amazing liar. She is clever and cunning, very hard-working to achieve what she wants. Her education is very important to her, knowledge being powerful. She's a very bold individual and sometimes acts before thinking, though uncommonly. She typically considers all outcomes before doing things.

PoV: Though Camilla Finn has considered the possibility of the supernatural, she has never given it too much thought. The idea of superhuman abilities intrigued her, but seemed illogical, especially during her studies. Mutations in DNA seem viable in her opinion, since technology is quickly advancing. As for what DNA changes could be used for, she has a few ideas, none in the form of gaining extraordinary powers. Extraterrestrial life is highly likely in her mind. She knows how large the universe is and how selfish it would be to think that they were the only intelligent life in space.

Basic InformationName: Ben Ferryman
Occupation: Record management, Myth and folklore, New York Public Library
Sexuality: Hetero/Straight

Appearance InformationHeight: 5'11"
Weight: 151 lb
Hair: Black,wavy and somewhat messy.
Eyes: Cocoa brown
Build: Lean but toned.
Complexion: Dark Brown.
Other: Is a bit of a neat freak and internally struggles with messes that he witnesses in his immediate vicinity hence he carries wet-wipes at all times. All times.
8ef115d1d2a73122550065861a344f8a.jpg
Stats:

• Dexterity: 3/5
  • Constitution: 5/5
  • Wisdom: 4/5
  • Charisma: 3/5
Personal InformationPersonality: Ben prides himself on his good health and ability to avoid falling ill even when his entire workplace looks like the Black plague just rolled on by. Can come off as a stuffy individual who speaks more like a book than a person at times, his real life experience pales in comparison to that of the lives he's lived through those of his imagined alter egos. His close friends try to encourage more extroverted behavior in him but he waves off their efforts politely. "A man is not an island but he doesn't need to a forest either." is something that sums up Ben's views on such matters.

PoV: Ben is a well read man. Choosing to live vicariously through books and while his heart would always belong to fantasy and mythology he cannot deny having dabbled in the illustrious troves of science fiction and it's love-hate relationship with science fact. Having himself attended talks with members from other facets of the Library he's seen quite a few debates play out with regards to mutation. The benefits of having a tailor made organism cannot be overlooked. 'Built to purpose' as his colleagues might say. 'Perfect genes, fit for any size!' others might heckle. Himself? He thought that it'd be interesting to witness such an age where it was as easy as changing clothing but didn't have his hopes up.

The human mind often forgot to take into account the effects down the line in such matters. Like the story of the architect and great library. Sinking upon it's completion because he never factored in the weight of the books. People always forgot to account for the books ...

Last edited:
Basic InformationName: Aric Beltran

Appearance InformationHeight: 6'1
Weight: 190 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Amber
Build: Somewhat muscular, but hardly noticeable
Complexion: Slightly tanned
Other: Wears a necklace with a sword and shield on it. Mostly just for how "cool" it is.

Asset InformationPower Type: Physical
Stats:
  • Dexterity: 2/5
  • Constitution: 4/5
  • Intelligence: 3/5
  • Charisma: 2/5
Personal InformationPersonality: Aric is a pretty relaxed guy. For a good part of the day, he can be seen laying about with a device of some sort in his hand. He is somewhat active, usually working out from home or running the treadmill while watching the good ol' television. When push comes to shove, John usually isn't first to anger. He tries his best to keep calm and see the problem from all angles before he acts. When he does get angry though, all hell is about to break loose. He certainly does know how to hold a grudge though, making it really hard for someone to earn back his trust. On the subject of trust, John is very open. He finds it very easy to trust people of a similar mindset or just "chill" people in general. It's because of this Aric is a bit more social than most. He's more than happy to strike up a friendly conversation with someone in the store or meet someone new at the coffee shop.
PoV: As a major nerd, Aric loves all things fantasy and mythological. Seeing some of these creatures come to life in different forms of media has always found a way to draw his attention. As for experiments and the like, Aric was never much of a sci-fi guy. You're talking to the guy who gets nervous when he sees a needle. The idea of someone being split open or having their genes messed with just doesn't seem right to Aric. If it was their own decision, Aric wouldn't mind too bad. Everyone is allowed to make their own choices in life, but is this really one of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back