• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Natural Selection

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

55847816952fbd5b4d155755adaa8875--mythical-creatures-art-mythological-creatures.jpg

Nissinah gazed at the approaching city as it grew larger on the horizon, her usual serene calm gradually giving way to nervous apprehension. She had never even seen a settlement larger than that of the elves whom she had watched over the last two centuries and she was becoming increasingly disquieted at the unknown prospect of thousands of humanoid beings fighting for space and resources in such a small, enclosed area. It seemed so wrong to her. She had known only the open space of the forest, the only restricting things being the trees, which sometimes grew so thick even she had trouble navigating them.

She wasn't the only one getting nervous, either. Della, the sparrow who had taken up residence in her tree-like body two springs ago twittered nervously and the large wolf that she had conscripted the service of to bring her to the city was growling low in his throat as they drew near the gates. Nissinah stroked the fur between his ears soothingly, putting a tiny bit of her beast magic into her words to give them more influence over the creature of the wilds. "Hush," she soothed, her voice light like the breeze through the boughs of a willow. "No harm will come of you here. I will not allow it." The wolf let out a small whine, but growled no more as he slowed to a stop at the behest of the guards outside the city gates.

The men--in metal armor, how interesting, she must ask someone about that later--had their hands on their weapons and looked up at her deceptively serene form with suspicion. "Halt!" the shorter of the two commanded. "State your business...tree."

Nissinah gazed down at him, resisting the urge to scoff. Trees did not walk and they certainly did not ride wolves, but far be it from her to tell what a city human should or should not know about the forest. Instead, she pulled the letter from a small satchel the villagers had given her before she left and produced the letter bearing the seal of what she had been told were known as the 'Guides.' She held the letter out for one of the humans to take. "I am here at the call of one known at Guide Morgrim. He requested my aid for which I am unsure myself. That is all I know," she stated matter-of-factly while the guards looked over the Guide's smooth handwriting, their eyebrows knitted together like the seams in her satchel.

"Very well," huffed the other guard grudgingly. "But tell that Guide that we want no trouble from you or any of his circus." He handed her the letter and motioned for the guards at the gate to open it. Nissinah slid gracefully from the wolf's back and scratched him behind the ears gratefully.

"I shall return soon. Keep our forest safe until then," she encouraged before the wolf grunted,turned tail, and galloped off in the direction from which they came. Nissinah gave the guards a warning look, making them avert their accusatory gaze from the wolf hastily. Satisfied that they likely would bring no harm to her friend, she glided gracefully through the half-open gate, making no sound despite her stature.

Once inside the gates, Nissinah let her curiosity roam a bit. She was here, after all, she deserved a bit of time to look around! The people milling in the streets unnerved her, however. Why were they all staring? Did she have something in her flowers? She ran her twig-like fingers through the purple cherry blossoms that made up her hair and earned an indignant squawk from Della when she accidentally poked her with the sharp end of her finger.

"Be careful!" the sparrow chirped in her ear, emerging from her hair and settling on her shoulder. Nissinah gave the small bird a sheepish look, almost walking into a cart loaded with--ooh, those fruits are different. She picked one up gingerly with the ends of her fingers, her green eyes examining the oddly lumpy surface of the orange fruit, but dropped it quickly when the human man behind the cart shooed her away.

She let out a sigh like rustling leaves and hurried on. She was sure with how many distractions had caught her eye she was likely late to meet the Guide, but this city was as amazing as it was terrifying. She supposed she'd have time to explore later. She turned down path toward the building that Guide Morgrim had referred to as Ravenscrye Tavern. When she reached she opened the door and almost hit her head on the frame before ducking down to enter the dimly lit building. How odd. The elves of the village had huge windows to let in the sun. City dwellers must get very sick without access to the sun.

She looked around, unsure of where to go, but Della let out a small chirp and flitted off her shoulder and over to sit on the metal-domed hat of a young apparently human boy sitting on the table surrounded by a host of various species. Nissinah approached nervously, only slightly comforted by Della's lack of nervousness among the group. A few among their ranks gave off an air of the forest, however, which is what even allowed her to speak.

"H-hello," the dryad stammered, looking at the boy on the table. "Are you Guide Morgrim? I received your letter some time ago but only just arrived. I apologize for any inconvenience."

| Addressed: Morgrim Morgrim Federoff Federoff | Mentioned: Anaxileah Anaxileah Alstromeria Alstromeria | Location: Ravenscrye Tavern| Mood: Anxious | Notes: Dialog key: Nissinah Guards Della |

Last edited:

17a71957203e9b2667e4f1f4e3d55a8e.png

7bec24346832501bb3003d186dcfb2ae.jpg

Inventory:
Twin Daggers, Leather Armor, Hat

Locations:
Sanctuary, Tavern

Tags:
Specifically mentions or speaks to Morgrim Morgrim , JokerValentine JokerValentine , CarpeNoctem1213 CarpeNoctem1213
Guide:
Bold = Emphasis on Word
"Quotes" = Speaking
Italicized = Thoughts
"Italicized Quotes" = Speaking Thoughts connected to emotions

They want to be big, to kill everything.

More and more people would continue to trickle into the tavern, filling up like a bucket during a storm. More people had responded then Crow had anticipated. The boy knew that Morgrim was hoping for as many people as possible for this mission, but they never would of expected this many. With the gathering of his small army all but complete his friend, Morgrim, would precede to place a leather book onto the table where they now sat. This book would depict the Silver Legion, one of the warring factions that currently occupied the land. Crow did not like the Silver Legion. They were nothing more then crooks that wanted to see the world under the boot of their rule. The priest, Father Thomas, would then speak his piece. All but defending the monsters from death. "They don't care about the people they enslave, they rule. They're aren't people to them" His legs would stop they're swaying for the first time since they arrived. "They're frightened inside. Trapped by the walls that protect them. Too many people hurting, harming, hacking" Crow began to speak once again, this time louder then his previous monologue. His voice would begin to trail off as his head turned to face east. "Choking fear, hot white pain, everything burns. No not again, please no Not again! Not the brand! I promise I'll behave, I'll listen, I'll-I'll... Dead..." Crow lightly lifted one of his hands into the air, slightly above his knees, where for a brief few seconds it would hang, before falling down. "A gasp for breath as they pull out. "Please, no more" she cries out. "You said this would be fun, this isn't fun anymore. Where is my mom? I want my mom. I..I... Silence. The hole is whole again"

Another break of silence would occur as the young boy felt something land on his hat. Crow extended his arm up and away from his face, the animal that had perched on top of his hat would jump down to use his hand as a new perch. A bird. The boy cocked his head at the bird, using his other hand to gentle pet it. He seemed to be fascinated with the bird."'Wait', he says. 'I can still work, I don't need any food.' The guard laughs, the blade comes down" Crow turned to face Morgrim, along with the rest of the group, his gaze still fixed upon his new feathered friend. "I trust Morgrim, he is my friend. He will only hurt the one's that want to kill everything. We will help people"

With that he would then face the newest member of their group, he was quite surprised that of all places to see a Dryad it would be here. In a tavern and away from the forest and villages. "H-hello," the dryad stammered, looking at the boy on the table. "Are you Guide Morgrim? I received your letter some time ago but only just arrived. I apologize for any inconvenience." The tree woman sounded nervous to be here, and from the looks of it she was the friend of his new feathered friend. "Hello" Crow greeted the Dryad cheerfully. Shaking his head he would continue to reply to her. "No I am Crow. Morgrim is my friend" Crow responded, pointing at Morgrim for a brief few moments before returning to the bird.

Actions Speaking of the pain of the slaves, petting birb

Last edited:
Morgrim's claims were bold, and she was very often distracted by his strong scent. She was also quite terrified of the Silver Legion, and even being in the city among so many of them made Ryan nervous. As he spoke, she listened politely with a face that betrayed none of her anxiety. Beyond that, however, she was growing...slightly more comfortable with Soma as a companion. She had learned a lot from him, and she trusted she could learn even more. But she was invited to this fight, and joining it would mean either abandoning her friend or dragging him along with her--and that wouldn't be fair. The beastkin's brow twitched at the thought, but she didn't spare the thief a glance just yet.

Ryan continued to hear him out, an occasional twitch of her finger or ears or nose her only movement--at least until the enslaved beastkin were mentioned. She was still skeptical, but the details of the mission were enticing. And she couldn't help the small bit hope as it sparked within her: what if her friends and family were among the enslaved in the mine? Behind her features, she scolded herself for thinking so selfishly. There were likely many among the enslaved who deserved freedom--not just the ones she might happen to know. She wouldn't dare let it show on her soft features, but the young woman was suddenly invested.

It was happening rather quickly, as well. Morgrim was ready to hit the road, and she didn't even know who the ones about who would become her new companions. She didn't have to wonder for long about two, though. The priest made his case, and the other argued against it. He was blond and thin looking and spoke against the priest's pacifism--quite loudly, too. Her own ears dropped back at his monologue, cradling a little bird. She would blink away a sting in her eyes and look about the group, fighting the urge to speak up in support of the plan. In her sweeping gaze, she allowed her eyes to fall back to her companion, lips pursing.

It wasn't until the Dryad appeared to introduce herself that Ryan stepped back to give her the space she needed. "Soma," she said quietly as she stepped back next to him, allowing a new softness in her tone. "We should help. At least the slaves." She wasn't entirely interested in taking back a country that didn't belong to her, but the enslaved people concerned her. She hung on her companion's reply, though. She wanted his familiarity there.

The more time that passed, the more Soma's carefree expression began to shift to a tensed, serious one. More and more people kept coming, gathering around his bunny companion and pupil. Every single cell in Soma's body was practically screaming at him to run. To grab her and get the seven sandy devils out of there. Too many people were summoned to his meeting and Soma knew nothing of their motives or who they were. There wasn't enough information and information was the lifeblood of any rogue.

Then the thing walked in....

The desert thief literally witnessed a fucking tree walk into the tavern and none of the patrons too surprised. Like as if this sort of creature was normal to some degree. Soma's eyes went wide as he openly stared at the tree creature, slackjawed even. It wasn't until Ray slipped out and spoke to him softly that Soma snapped out of it and chuckled to himself for being so surprised. He had heard the conversation in its entirety. They weren't exactly whispering.

"If you believe thats the right choice gorgeous. I'm with you." He said with a light smile that wasn't entirely convincing as it didn't touch his eyes once more. He wasn't even looking at while he spoke, which he always did. He continued to watch that unknown group, the suspicion very clear in his icy stare.

Compass Compass (bit short but nothing much he can do lol)

bdd9a570475e404871107e12a7ab0127--fantasy-characters-goblin-female.jpg

ADDRESSED
Morgrim Morgrim Compass Compass

MENTIONED
Silver Legion

STATUS
Arguing -> Arguing Some More -> Marveling @ Bunny Ears

MOOD
Angry, Confused, Awed

INVENTORY
BIG ASS AXE, MOFO

NOTES
Lel
"DO NOT MAKE DIFFICULT, HUMAN!" The short, green, orc female shouted at the human guards present in front of the gates to Sanctuary, which were surprisingly well-made, for humans. Her trusty battle axe was being gripped by both of her hands, the middle-aged woman prepared to fight her way inside if she needed to. Her lower teeth jutted out from her mouth, sticking up like tusks as she snarled at the metal-plated guards, her eyes spotting each weakness in the suits, which had been poorly made. The guards must have noticed the way her weapon began heating up, or perhaps the fact that her hands had literal flames seeping from them, because they immediately backed off and allowed her to enter, scared stiff of the frightening orc woman.

With a huff, the female put her war axe back where it belonged along her back, fitting into its designated holster with ease as she stormed into Sanctuary, her intense gaze causing any onlooker to scurry away, thus clearing the path she needed to navigate her way through the city. The directions she kept asking for refused to come, so instead of trying to ask and facing people who shit themselves before doing as she said, she lifted a teenage male by the collar and demanded that he take her to the Ravenscrye tavern (which she had to practice saying multiple times just to get it right, by the way. English is hard.). Once the two of them arrived, she dropped the poor boy, who was already sopping wet in his own piss. Orcs preferred to stay amongst one another, so it was not surprising to the aggressive female that the humans of Sanctuary were horrified at her presence. Nonetheless, she burst into the tavern, the door swinging into the wall and embedding itself there as she made her way inside, approaching the table with the dead man.

Before she could even attempt to speak to anyone in the vicinity, she laid her eyes on the book with the insignia of the Silver Legion, one of the two armies that were being fought against by her own people. With a roar that deafened the ears of all within the tavern, she slammed her hands down on the table, glaring at the rotten man. "YOU MADE AGREEMENT! WE NO FIGHT WITH ENEMY, ONLY FIGHT ENEMY! ARE YOU ENEMY OR NO?!" She glared at the male, one of her two hands reaching for her weapon. It was easy for her to make the mistake, since he had something that belonged to the Silver Legion, and she did not want to travel all this way just to meet someone fighting for the Silver Legion. She didn't notice before that there were people who were part animal in her presence, which caused her to become silent immediately. The one that had rabbit ears, it was...peculiar...

Kar'slet approached the female, tilting her head at the woman. "Are you human? You have animal in you. How? Is strange...is pretty..." The orc woman trailed off as she stared at the ears of the female, her brown eyes softening as she looked from the ears to the woman's face. "Very pretty. I am Kar'slet. You are not Silver Legion, Silver Legion kill animal. What are you?"

The voices of the soon to be dead, screamed in her ears. They had been relatively quiet until guide Morgrim had announced his plan, then so many more voices entered the fray of the dead's shrieking chorus. The people these people were going to kill. The people she was going to kill. She hissed and grimaced, pulling her boney knees closer to her chest. A few other strangers join the gathering around the table, and Astrain grimaced again feeling the instability in each of their path's. Death clung to them, both from the lives they have taken and the lives they would take. But, she couldn't see much more on them. But that boy. The boy who was not a boy. He began quickly saying things, things he shouldn't be able to know.

The banshee stared at the boy who sat on the table. Crow. He knows of the slaves. He knows their pains. He knows their deaths. How? He doesn't look like me, so he can't be me. But, maybe he's something like me?
Furrowing her brow in discomfort, she continued to stare at him, impolitely ignoring the dryad woman. She sensed nothing, and yet everything on him. What are you?! How can you know these things? How can I not feel your eventual death? What are you? What are you?

A loud Orc female entered the scene, banging her hands on the table and making Astrain jump out of her thoughts. Her attention had been entirely on crow until the female came in, and the extra noise from outside her mind wasn't what she was expecting. When the orc seemed distracted and had quieted, Astrain tried to clear her throat quietly to get the boy's attention. But no sound came out. Frustrated with herself, she tried again, this time making a small sound that she sincerely hoped he heard, otherwise she would end up talking to no one and Astrain hated to do any unnecessary speech. It was hard enough to block out the dead's voices just enough to not be deafened by them, but thinking of her own words and actually saying them was difficult on most days.

"How do you know what I know?" Astrain's voice was oddly low and slightly coarse from disuse, but at least she was able to say something other than who was going to die. "How can you feel the deaths of the slaves? Do you hear their screams in your head too? Do you hear their captors begging for mercy as we rip them apart?" She disliked needing to talk, but she just had to know. "Do you feel their warmth leaving their body as their blood flows out onto the streets?"

Addressing: Federoff Federoff

71e295a454846f05b8e7277fb9df5d22--digital-art-fantasy-fantasy-art.jpg
He was too cute for her to bear. She couldn't help but laugh softly as he sheepishly rubbed the berry residue from his stubbly face, her gaze only momentarily flickering to the arriving Beastkin, who also claimed to be a healer as she was. We should get along well, then. Alaria thought with a smile before returning her gaze to the large bear of a man, her ears focused on the conversations occurring around her. Questions were asked of the dead man, and another arrived, someone centered around religion. The different smells of those present were interesting to the hybrid female, but she said nothing of it. The only one who spoke directly to her was what appeared to be a boy with a large pointed hat, his smile as willowy as his voice.

"You are back, welcome back." The young male spoke, perplexing the elf-reptile. She did not recall ever meeting this male, not in the many years of her life. "I...uh...thank you." She blinked a couple times, unsure of how to respond exactly. Before anyone had spoken to the dead man, the large male beside her had dragged forth another table, giving her and the others a place to take a seat. Just as she was about to finally thank him for it, he spoke up to Morgrim, his deep voice rumbling through the space between him and the others. It gave Alaria chills, and the smile on his face made her smile just as much. Why did that small action have such an effect on me? Alaria wondered to herself, turning her face away quickly as it turned a light green before she took control of herself and made it fade from view. Another Beastkin brought herself to attention, then an elf, then a human or two, or more. It was hard to keep track of them all.

Once said others had all announced their arrivals, the leader spoke to the assorted group. He presented a novel, one that Alaria did indeed recognize as one belonging to the Silver Legion, which confused her. Were they not going after the Cultists? "The plan is simple, we are going to take Ellanor for ourselves. With the resources and the size of the city, we can raise a small army, and provide a safe place to take refuge and recruit more to our cause. The city is under Silver Legion control which means several things. It is heavily fortified and militaristic. There is a large slave labor work force being exploited, and they are well funded." When the male mentioned a slave labor force owned by the Silver Legion, Alaria tensed. Not only was it morally unjust, but it was something her parents' friends were victims of the mistreatment of the Silver Legion.

"Here is what we will have to do to take control of the city. First we will have to take control of the mines just outside the town. The mines are run by the city guards, but they are inhabited by enslaved beastkin. With how disconnected it is from the city this is the lowest profile, and our best first course of action. Next we will have to simultaneously take out both the guards in the barracks and on watch during the night before the attack. Once that is done we can usher in the slaves from the mine, and arm them with the equipment from the armory. Then lastly we have to execute the king, and his personal guard Ethiel, a supposed angel." At this, Alaria's eyes widened. She hadn't yet taken a seat, but it was at that moment that she did, her legs feeling weak as she managed to sit down. A dazed look crossed her face as she felt a multitude of emotions all at once, causing the poor hybrid to rethink this job. With all of these thoughts rushing through her mind, she barely caught the rest of what the undead male said. "I know this may not be easy for some of you, but I promise you an innocent person will not come to harm by our hand while on our mission. I know you may not have it in you to take a life, but I will need you to be strong in our journey. You do not have to fight if you can't, but if you are going to follow me you have to be okay with this." Anything else spoken by those around her was drowned out by the heartbeat she heard in her own two Elven ears.

I am expected to kill...those who I have considered doing so to are only those who...ended my parents' lives...could I do this...? Alaria looked hard at the two palms that were visible and were the only places that were visible on her body other than her head, since her cowl was lowered. Her bright green hair trailed down her back above the hood while her bright green eyes continued to look back and forth between her two hands. Fear coursed through her veins as she worried about what could happen if she didn't fight, and what could happen if she did. What do I do?

Addressed: Nobodyyy | Mentioned: Morgrim Morgrim Alstromeria Alstromeria and others, too tired to tag rn ;-; | Status: Smiling/Laughing -> Worrying SOFUCKINMUCH | Mood: WORRIED AF | Location: Ravenscrye Tavern | Inventory: Satchel, bow, armor, arrows x25 (she can easily make more), hunting knife, cloak | Notes: Al will be collaborating with me for her next interaction with RIktos

BELZE SORROWS

Despite how late he thought he was – late enough he missed the opening speech – there were still others arriving after him. A priest, a monk, another female undead, a seafarer whose words confirmed his suspicions about these people being from lands and places afar. With each new addition, Belze was more curious and intrigued by the Guide’s motive to gather this odd mix together in a squad. Because surely there had to be one. Most weren’t human, as far as he could tell, making him wonder if it was a silent beginning of another faction to oppose the big three, a group that included anyone and everyone willing to fight for the same cause. Or at least, motivated to fight in vaguely the same direction as the leader. An absurd conclusion to make from a party formed to take down an infamous cult, but he couldn’t help the direction of his thoughts.

Giving his head a mental shake to reorganise his mind as the other voiced questions or agreement to join the party, Belze came to ask himself if he would undertake this job. Guide Morgrim wasn’t exactly forcing them. Coercing, bribing, maybe. But it was ultimately up to the individual to continue or back out. There wasn’t exactly a variety of options for the healer to choose from. He couldn’t turn away from his duty and he was never one to turn down a job. Surviving the mission didn’t seem like it would be impossible, for most of the gathered beings seemed skilled in one area or another, especially in the field of combat.

The male still seated on the table broke the lull of silence, speaking in an almost dream-like tone Belze associated to fortune-tellers, staring at each one as he spoke. When it came to the owl-kin’s turn, he couldn’t quite contain the nervous bristle that ran through his body. What in the world was that guy, to read him so thoroughly with nothing more than a lingering glance? Shifting slightly on his bare feet, the beastkin resolved to stay as far away as he can from Crow however long it took for the party to complete this mission. Fortunately, a tree-being walking into the tavern successfully distracted Belze, and there was no more time to worry himself over a mysterious man when Morgrim finally pulled a book out and dove straight into the crux of the job. Since his nose was not as sensitive as the average human’s Belze had no qualms moving closer to the undead in order to get a better look at the contents of the book.

His eyebrows rose higher and higher at every sentence coming out of the Guide’s mouth, surprise overriding the initial disgust at the sight of the Silver Palace and the reminder of the Silver Legion, the barbaric faction he had the displeasure of running into more than once. Take over Ellanor? With this bunch? Was the rot and decay finally getting to the Guide’s head? Say the takeover turned out to be a success, but could they really afford drawing the Legion’s attention? With a whole lot of recruits, maybe, but Belze was sceptical. Still, all that would be best left for later. No reason in planning if none survive until that point. Although Belze might be a little leery about taking over Ellanor, he thought the rest of the plan was rather sound, and had absolutely no objections in rescuing the enslaved beastkins under the Legion’s tender mercies. His sensitive ears once again picked up Crow’s injections regarding the enslaved, which further solidified his need to personally see this long mission through.

“If you are planning to stage a rescue first and foremost, then I definitely cannot refuse being a part of this. There will no doubt be plenty of beastkins that require healing, and if we plan to take the city, you will need every individual available.” Belze’s gaze didn’t move from the book on the table even as he addressed Morgrim. “I am a healer, not a fighter. I will not be participating in direct battle, but rest assured no harm will befall those under my care as long as I draw breath.”

Staying away from direct battle also meant he wouldn’t have the urge to heal everyone in sight, Legion or otherwise. That was the downside to taking the Healer’s Oath and bearing the mark of Sorrows. As long as the patient didn’t try to take his life, he would be compelled to help them, enemy of his people or not. Nevertheless, those who would be in direct combat probably wouldn’t need him in their midst. The priest might be capable of some healing, and there must surely be someone else here besides him who could perform restoration spells. If there was none, he will have to spend part of his mana to maintain a stream of Moths for them. It would be exhausting, but strength hardly mattered if he’s not fighting.

There was quite a commotion at the table as soon as the Guide finished speaking, with some interrogating others, the arrival of a loud female orc, and so on. Straightening back up, Belze folded his arms together in his sleeves, waiting patiently for everyone to finally settle. He was ready to get on the road, but patience need to be had when faced with a rowdy bunch of creatures. Not everyone was as accepting as him, obviously, since he didn’t have personal goals or ambitions, quite unlike the majority present.

05c3db14e497811e981896722d0c3cc9e33a68fe_hq.jpg

latest

Health: 100%

Mana: 95%

Interactions: Morgrim Morgrim Morgrim

Mentions: Crow Federoff Federoff , Jezebel AnimusLight AnimusLight , Dylin slim slim , Kar'slet Anaxileah Anaxileah , Father Thomas JokerValentine JokerValentine

There was still a lot Soma and Ryan didn't know about one another. Ryan moreso about the seasoned thief, but there were still plenty of conversations that have went unbreached. So she was surprised when he responded so easily, breezily tacking on a flattering but cool "gorgeous". She squinted the whole foot up at her partner, and her arms crossed over her chest. She understood his concern, and she was still anxious about the growing and strange group. But she wanted more to his answer beyond the usual nonchalance, sure that he had thoughts he wasn't sharing quite yet. It wasn't the time to make a scene with him, however, so she remained quiet so they'd both remain in the background.

Besides, a rather loud and short green orc came through the door. Ryan tensed where she stood, brown eyes following her as she confronted the "Silver Legion." The beastkin grew even more incredulous when the woman turned on her, her voice suddenly not shouting and instead soft with curiosity. "I'm not human," Ryan confirmed, regaining her usual relaxed posture as her features twitched. "I'm beastkin." And at the sloppy compliment, her cheeks turned a soft pink and the woman shrugged modestly. "Thank you, Kar'slet. My name is Ryanna. And this is Soma." She glanced pointedly at the other thief, who was more concerned with watching and listening. But a good impression was important too.

Beyond the chatter, Ryan was processing Morgrim's proposal. It was a lot to take in, especially so quickly. After a quick glance around, some of the people were brutes, and had muscles and scars--even Soma had clearly more experience with this sort of thing. The orc woman was short, sure, but she was wide with strength, as well. If they were to help, Ryan hoped she actually could. She was tired of screwing up or leaving difficult things to Soma.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Anaxileah Anaxileah

1510141c6c99e43ca556f510b31b3c61-jpg.327142
Marie Silverton
The vampire kept her pale face hidden under her black cloak, her eyes watching the crowd gather around a man. Morgrim, she supposed. Her senses were on fire, there were beastkin, elves, humams, orcs amd not to mention a dryad which was a rare sight in a place like this. Miss Silverton looked onwards, a small smile on her face. There were no other vampires as far as she was concerned, so many species scents clogged up her nose and made it hard to decipher who was who unless they looked like it. Marie pulled a chair in closer, not like she needed it to help listen before she raised her head to speak from below her hood but instead waited. The Orc, a rather loud one slammed her first down and Marie watched a couple of other interactions quietly, Morgrim was interesting, a strange man to recruit such people but she admired his ability to take action. Much like her father.

"And you believe the cattl-slaves will fight after their work? You believe that we will stand a chance?" In truth Marie was buzzing, it would allow her father to swoop in, claim land quickly whilst stomping out opposition. But Marie did care for humans, she found them quite interesting and great teachers, whilst they were food, that much is correct, there was something about them that she always enjoyed and loved to be around. Her father also found the humans endearing but alas he'd never be able to say such a thing on the Coven. Marie watched everyone else, proceeding to yet again pull in her closer to the table the other man pulled put for the rest of them. Her pinkish eyes staring everyone out one by one, she smiled revealing some sharp canines.

The vampire crossed her legs, straightened her back and her gaze focused on Morgrim but her face was still hidden. She placed her gloved hands in her lap.

Morgrim Morgrim and any others who wish to acknowledge her.

Soma Carthus

Everything had been going fine for awhile. Ryan was visibly upset at his rather nonchalant agreement of her plans but he literally could not take his eyes off the group. If one of them decided to make a move, he needed to be ready. Soma was confident that he was the fastest person in both short and long distances. His speed and reflexes were his pride and joy alongside his charisma. As if to emphasize the very thoughts he was having, another creature that Soma had never seen before came crashing through the tavern doors with the strength and grace of a drunk savine (Sand Bovine aka desert cow). His heartbeat began to race and his hand flew to his saber's hilt, quickly but not gripping it just yet. He didn't want to be the one to provoke the fight.

It seemed that the big...thing that had just barged in had set her eyes on Ray and while she seemed flattered, Soma disliked the lack of personal space. For himself and for Ryan, considering the fact they were standing right beside each other. Still, he felt better with Ryan behind him. So the desert thief took a step forward and to the side so half of his body was standing between Ryan and the Orc woman. Not enough to be offensive but a clear sign to everyone watching. Back. Off. A small grin made its way to Soma's face as he stared down the female Orc but that smile was anything but friendly. Regardless of how Ryan felt about everyone here, this situation was far too dangerous and now she had unintentionally attracted attention due to her looks. Soma had never seen any kind of Orc before in the Desert Lands so naturally, he was more cautious then normal. He didn't know what this creature was capable of. "Ok big lady. How about we give my favorite girl a little bit of breathing space yeah? She's a bit skittish with new people." It wasn't a lie though it wasn't the entire truth either. Ryan clearly seemed to not mind this hulking woman as much as other strangers but the discomfort with the situation was still very clearly reflected in her soft brown hues.

Soma reached back without taking his eyes off the woman, his non-armored hand finding hers and giving it a quick squeeze, "
Let's go get some air, Ryan. I think it would be a good idea to breathe and gather our thoughts." It was a veiled message but simple enough. Let's put some distance between us and these crazies and plan out our next move. Obviously, the thief wanted to tell her more than he did with his initial comment but he couldn't. There were too many unknowns and if by some chance of life, there was a shadow (spy) watching them and listening, Soma didn't want Ryanna incriminated. These people were far too open with their plans. Several patrons in the bar had been glancing over while they spoke, pretending not to be listening but looking up every time a crucial bit of information was exchanged. All it took was one word from ANY filth covered maggot in this tavern and the whole plan was ashes on the wind. He was not going to have Ryan and him dragged down with these actual imbeciles.

The thief spared a quick moment to look back and meet the beastkin's brown eyes, his own eyes reflecting the urgency that he wasn't letting show to everyone else,
"I wouldn't want you to bite off more than you can chew, you know?" Another veiled message but this one was a little hard to catch for anyone except the rabbit woman. Please Ryanna.

Compass Compass Anaxileah Anaxileah Morgrim Morgrim

ivnGwNAm.jpg

Kadrienne Steelbourne

• Kade was studying in the library at the top of the tower when the letter arrived. She had been reviewing languages in preparation for talking her father into letting her go on an adventure. She knew all of the common and racial tongues already, and her memory meant she recalled them still but she wanted to go over the pronunciations. The proximity alarms tolled indicating an approach and she ran to the window to see. Down below and a mile out there was a trail of dust behind a horse. Kade ran to the center of the tower and the drop space, leaping over the railing and dropping. Two hundred and fifty feet later she landed on the circle carved into the floor. It was enchanted very heavily to bleed off momentum and kinetic energy, and even still the impact rumbled through the ground around her.

As she straightened up a slightly guilty grin crossed her face. She loved the feeling of the long drop and the sheer kinetic sensation of the impact, but strictly speaking she was not supposed to use it from the top of the tower without activating a slow-fall. She hurried to the front door and tapped the rune that turned off the proximity alarm, before running outside a little faster than was wise. The door slammed open behind her startling the arriving horse, a magnificent black draft horse. The horse began to rear and almost as an afterthought Kade reached out and grabbed it's harness. As it tried to pull back it found her to be an immovable object and the sheer incongruity of it as the beast stared down at Kade's tiny form allowed the rider time to calm them.

For a moment the rider stared at Kade with a similar expression to the horse, but then visibly glanced around and shrugged it off. Questioning the goings on around the towers of a sorcerer was a questionable idea at best. He reached into his saddlebags and pulled out a letter before speaking, "Important letter here for one Kadrienne Arcanaier."

Kade's face froze and for a moment her eyes seemed to almost shift shades, with threads of dark purple creeping into her usual tawny gold. The air itself seemed to grow a faction colder for a brief instant, and then Kade came back to herself. She shook herself slightly before speaking, "I am Kadrienne, but what was that other word you said?"

Any other time it would have ended there. This messenger had his principles, and usually he only delivered to the intended person. He had seen something though, some dark presence behind the eyes of the girl in front of him. With a suddenly shaky voice he said, "Well this is the place it's supposed to go, and you have the right first name. Anything beyond that I'll consider providence of magic."

He threw the letter down to Kade and wheeled his horse around, with Kade only barely letting go in time. She watched him gallop off with some confusion, but in the end disregarded it. She turned to the letter in her hand and extended a short claw from her pointer finger, cutting open the seal on the letter. As she did she walked back into the tower, and she felt a slight shift in the magic around her, centered on the letter. When she opened it there was nothing stuck out as the reason why, although she noticed that whoever had sent it had only included her first name at the top of the parchment, despite there being an empty space where a last name would go. The letter itself was fairly straight forward. Apparently the tales of some of the locals about her had spread, and so a Guide had sent a letter asking after an adventurer, to join a party moving against the cultists. The one odd note is that the small tales had apparently mutated as the letter hinted that she was thought of as a sorceress.

That aside she needed to talk to her father. She had been wanting to go adventuring for a while now, and her father had begrudgingly agreed, but said that she had to choose a purpose first. This one would do as well as any other. As she recalled, her father was up on the thirteenth floor in his study at the moment. She stepped over to one of the two stone pads half inset into the floor and counted runes around the edge up to the thirteenth before poking it with her toe. The thirteenth rune lit up and the platform began to rise.

When she entered her father's office he was speaking with Abe. When she saw him she ran towards him and jumped up to hug him. When he caught her his bones creaked slightly, but he was otherwise mostly unaffected. She spoke then sounding happy if surprised, "Uncle Abe! What are you doing here? I didn't realized you had shown up."

Abe set her down, wincing slightly. As he spoke a hint of fang flashed at the corner of his mouth, "As happy as I am to see you, that never does get easier on the back you know. Someday you are going to have to take pity on my old bones and give me a handshake. I was going to stop by but you were at the top of the tower and I had a rather urgent question for your father about unweaving an ancient curse. What are you in such a rush about?"

Kade grinned and smacked his shoulder, happy to not have to be careful of her strength for once. Even then it was a distinct thump before she spoke, "Abe given what your bones have survived thus far, I doubt I'd be the one to break them. Besides you could hardly be said to be aging. As to why I am here, that proximity alarm I answered was a messenger, and I think I finally found a purpose for my first trip. Apparently a Guide is gathering together an group of adventurers to take on the cultists and heard about some of the things I had done around here."

A bright smile crossed Abe's face as he spoke, "A worthy task indeed. May I see the letter?" Kade handed him the letter, but when he flipped it open and began to read it his expression changed. A questioning look was replaced by concern when he spoke again, "Kade could you give me a moment with your father." When Kade raised an eyebrow he spoke again, entreatingly, "Cicada I am on your side in this, but give me a little time. This letter raises a question to with your father's private businesss."

Kade sighed and turned away, throwing a comment back over her shoulder, "Oh fine. Hurry though." As the door to the study closed behind her she prevented it from quite setting into the door-frame. For a moment she considered not eavesdropping, but she had wanted to do this for a wwhile, and her father's secrets involving her were beginning to bother her. When she turned back to the door she heard Abe quietly say, You should tell her. One of these days she will find out one way or another, and this is not the right way. Her father spoke then, How should I go about that then? How could I possibly explain that? Abe spoke next, sounding exasperated, Fine then, but if you choose to not tell her you need to let her go. She is getting restless, and eventually she is going to leave on her own. This time when her father spoke he sounded tired, Aye then. She can go. How and when she will return is another matter.

Her father had barely called out, "Kade, come in," when she entered the room. He was holding up a small leather bag that he tossed to her. She caught it and looked at it questioningly, raising an eyebrow in his direction. He smiled fondly and spoke, "Just a few things I put together into a travel pack for you. A couple spare regenerating dresses, a bit of enchanted metal, and a map that Abe put together. The dresses are enchanted to kick-start skin growth if needed, and there is some money in there as well. Now say goodbye and get going. If you want to make the meetup you will need to hurry a bit."

After she said her goodbyes Kade jumped down the tower again, landing with rather less force this time. She walked out the door and glanced at the sky, getting her bearings. Direction chosen she set off at a slow run. As her momentum built she started going faster and faster, and soon enough she was well on her way.

Addressed directly: Morgrim Morgrim Noticed: Anaxileah Anaxileah CarpeNoctem1213 CarpeNoctem1213 Federoff Federoff JokerValentine JokerValentine Not tagging the rest of the people present because im tired and there are far too many people.

IMG_2980.PNG
As the others gradually made up their minds, and agreed to join in the upcoming adventure, Riktos beamed. He didn't mind fighting alone, but with others, it would be a very interesting ride. Life to Riktos was composed of just about three things: A good fight, a good meal, and a good rest, rinsed and repeated over and over. Now, there would be others who would be sharing this kind of life with him. It had been awhile since he'd traveled out of the forest, it would be good to wander the open realms for a bit.

After learning that the group would be fighting the Silver Legion, Riktos was even more eager to get out there. They were a group composed of men. Now while man had good bits about them, and while Riktos had learned to tolerate them, befriend them even, but groups of them all together wielding pikes, swords and the like were dangerous. And the silver legion was the pinacle of human corruption.

Despite his excitement, his keen senses managed to pick up something that didn't belong in the tavern. Fear. Sure, there was a light tinge of it here and there from the other party members, this he interpreted as reluctance, which was normal. But Alaria had a more defined scent of unease. Given that she had sat down next to him, Riktos did his best to place a reassuring hand on her shoulder, but his hands were about as big as a mans shoulderblade. He gave Alaria a reassuring pat to show that most things were probably going to be allright.

Alaria snapped out of her reverie, her bright green eyes meeting Riktos' brown ones with a flash of surprise and anxiousness. She opened her mouth to speak but simply couldn't muster the words. She looked at the male helplessly, her eyebrows furrowed in concern. She received another reassuring pat from the large man, but something in his face was different. Determination? Protectiveness? She couldn't quite place it, but it was definetely a positive feeling.

"Well, I suppose we're all settled on our plan of action," Riktos rumbled, standing up, assuming that the business part of the meeting was over, "I don't suppose we have time to waste. It's about time to begin our journey."

y7qckwux

hj47wv5

Health: 99%

A few others had arrived and joined the ever-growing potential army—specifically a dragon-human hybrid who smelled of the sea, a human monk, a banshee, a vampire (ar vell mellyrnra, pray she doesn't rip the poor vampire girl's throat out), a literal jukketith walking tree, a rather irritating orc, and a seemingly normal human female—, but the wolf-elf ignored all of them as the Guide set a well-known leather-bound book down on the table. Her shadows scanned over the surface of the cover, revealing to her its supposed contents: the Silver Legion.

The shadowy assassin was very familiar with self-righteous faction. She had spent numerous days silently warring against the Silver Legion. Intercepting their food and weapon carts, leaving their smaller camps without resources. Destroying some lesser known slave camps and freeing the beastkin enslaved within. Shooting down their ravens and altering the words within their letters, leaving their allies oblivious and leading them to the wrong part of the battle. Roxii did everything she could to make sure the Silver Legion could never be at their strongest, but her efforts definitely didn't leave them at their weakest.

"
We are going to take Ellanor for ourselves." The Lythari started at the supposedly simple proposal. Seizing the city would be no easy task, especially since taking over the city would be like taking over Sanctuary; there were too many watching eyes, plenty of skilled combatants, years' worth of resources in case they had to hole themselves up in their walled city, heavily fortified walls, and, if any of them were caught, they'd be subjected to horrifying pain and torture until they revealed the whereabouts of their comrades. The Silver Legion would make sure their prisoner would be just on the verge of death, but never beyond that boundary.

Roxii's thoughts slid into her memories of the filthy city. Her grandmother would tell her stories of the once beautiful place, before the Silver Legion rose up out of the depths of hell and claimed everything they desired as their own. She would tell the elf hybrid of the paved streets that led to little shops that held the most beautiful items, such as perfumes, clothing, weapons and armor, herbs and potions, trinkets and long lost artifacts whose purposes were lost in time. However, by the time the wolf-elf started visiting the "glorious" city, it was already under the merciless grip of the Silver Legion. There was hardly a trace of any of the beauty Roxii's grandmother told her of, and the young Lythari had questioned whether or not the stories were ever true.

The rogue's attention went back to Morgrim as he began to elaborate on how, exactly, this gathered rag-tag group of odd individuals were to take over an entire city. She listened quietly as he explained. The plan seemed sound enough. However, the undead man put a lot of faith in the beastkin they would be freeing. There would be no doubt that a majority of them would be willing to aid them in their liberation of the city, but they would be weak and frail. They would've spent any amount of time in those Silver chains, ranging from only five minutes to perhaps a decade. They would receive almost no food or water; only when it was necessary to keep them alive so that they could finish their work. Most of them may not even know how to wield a sword correctly, much less hold it. They could be taught the basics, yes, but that would take time, time that this group of "heroes" would not have.

Roxii noticed that the priest was staring at her. Not in a rude or nosy sort of way, but with a gaze of curiosity. His body held no tension, so he wasn't fearful of her. Nor was he making any move to speak against her. Instead, he just stared, as if trying to read her. The Lythari turned her head slightly towards the man, though it was useless since the damn rogue was blind. She allowed her shadows to graze over the priest. He seemed like any other male of the gods: calm, collected, anxious at the thought of spilling blood. His heartbeat was slightly faster than that of the normal human, indicating his nervousness. She supposed it was expected of the priest; killing people, innocent or not, was to be forbidden. But she could tell he was drawn towards the thought of bringing peace to those being condemned and tortured by those who held no real power.

Her attention then slid over to the rabbit-girl and her companion, who had separated themselves from the group and now spoke to each other in hushed whispers. The male who smelled of the desert seemed protective over the rabbit hybrid, which was odd due to the fact that Roxii could smell no intimate markings on either of them. Perhaps they were just good friends, or they were simply partners in crime, watching each other's backs as payment for keeping each other alive.

The assassin's assessment was interrupting by a loud Bang! that reverberated throughout the tavern and beyond. Her ears flattened at the pain of the loud noise and, within seconds, she had withdrawn her bow and had an arrow nocked and ready as she averted her attention to the orc female. Before anyone could be anything, the orc had switched gears about six times. First, to accuse the Guide being with the Silver Legion. Then to avert her attention to the rabbit-girl. And then to be transfixed by the visual attractiveness of the hybrid.

Everyone seemed to be either on the ship or unsure, and those who were still on the boarding plank had little time to make up their mind before the the plank would be retracted and they'd be forced either on the ship or into the sea. But Roxii and the others needed to leave now, before more time could be wasted. If this was going to be a success, then they needed to act fast, though intelligently. Every second they spent teetering on the fence of join or leave was a second wasted as the world stepped closer to ruin and more innocents were sent into the dark embrace of death. Not that the assassin cared about most of those people, of course, but their deaths meant that her business would soon be worthless.

7a9188b53d17aba32524889e519a5cfd.jpg

Health: 100%

• Tags:
    Adressed: Morgrim Morgrim Federoff Federoff (As Nissinah)

Mentioned: Anaxileah Anaxileah Luckz Luckz shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Compass Compass

"The plan is simple, we are going to take Ellanor for ourselves."

Dakul looked up from the Silver Palace emblazoned on the front of the leather bound tome to the necromancer with surprise. He couldn't disagree that taking the city would provide their group with ample resources and more than a few fighters, but he was hesitant. He'd heard stories of Ellanor from others at the college. The war had been a hot topic as of late and the recruiters who had been allowed inside the city all came back with similar stories of mistreatment an tyrannical humans lording over beastkin and those they saw as beneath them. As much as he despised them, he had to admit that they were a force to be reckoned with. The Silver Legion was one of the three major powers in the war, Morgrim had to know that. It couldn't be that simple.

He looked at the others that were assembled in the tavern. They were a strong force, to be sure. The brutish orc female who had arrived with all the subtlety of a fireball spell, the rabbit beastkin and her companion who skulked by the fringes of the group, the vampire woman who carried the grace of a noble, and not to mention the tall tree woman who seemed extremely nervous to be surrounded by so many people. Nandin* were rarely seen outside the forests they protected, and definitely not in major cities being recruited by mad necromancers. She was apologizing profusely to the boy on the table for mistaking him for the Guide and introducing herself as Nissinah and the bird that had entered with her as Della.

Dakul sighed internally. To be completely honest, if anyone had a chance of taking on the Silver Legion, it would be this group. Many of the people seemed accomplished in their own rights. He himself had earned some of the highest marks in the college in theoretical and practical magical application, and he could sense some of the magic pouring out of the others gathered around him. It would be dangerous, and not all of them might make it and they'd be making enemies of two incredibly strong forces in the process, but if he were to make a name for himself,
this would be his chance.

"This is crazy, but if I can help, I'll do it, in any way I can." The cryomancer looked Morgim dead in the eye, emphasizing his words with a small burst of magic, just enough to make his eyes flash the cold blue-white of his magic and make the air temperature around him lower several degrees.

The nandin spoke again, sounding more steady this time, if still a bit nervous. "As will I, if only to stop this war. I will protect my forest to my last breath," she declared with conviction. Dakul knew, of course, that her entire reason for being was to protect her fea taure**, but her passion fueled his own even more and his face cracked into a confident smirk, giving the Dryad a nod.

At his introduction, her companion had responded by taking a protective step between the two short women. Ryan's reaction was to scowl up at the back of his head with a disapproving glare, but she couldn't ignore the relief that washed over her as well. The tavern was growing increasingly crowded and loud with no help of the orc woman, but she had been handling it with some degree of grace despite the stress it caused her--part of it was timid excitement a Morgrim's proposal to take the mines from the Silver Legion, but it was still a lot for Ryan to absorb. Soma's presence was something familiar in all of it.

So when she felt his hand, she returned the grip and nodded slightly at his request even though he wasn't turned to see it. He was right and to argue with him anyway would send a message of disunion between the two to the others, and neither of them wanted that sort image in a bar full of strangers. So when he did finally turn his gaze on hers, she easily recognized the urgency in his usual cool blue eyes. She looked back to Kar'slet, Morgrim, and the rest of the group, a polite smile on her face again. "Excuse us for a moment," she said simply, hoping to be quick enough to avoid any conflict. Soma may have been aggressive in his defense, but Ryan preferred to be more cautious--it was no use to either of them to be disliked already.

She hadn't noticed how hard she was gripping Soma's hand until she finally let go, her hand suddenly clammy. "Ah," she muttered, smiling apologetically up at the thief before pulling her hood up, readjusting it over her ears. They had already run into trouble with the guards among the city and she didn't want to attract them further.

Once outside, she would draw in a much needed breath and wipe at her forehead. "You don't have to be so obnoxious," she said to him first thing, wrinkling her nose as she noticed the scent of the tavern had followed them out as well. "I don't think she meant any harm." To anyone except the Legion is what the beastkin would have liked to add, but decided against it as her eyes flickered from a guard.

Morgrim Morgrim shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Anaxileah Anaxileah

Last edited:
Eleniel
Screenshot_20170706-071452.jpg

-A Week Before Current Date-

A young elf of white/silver hair, stopped mid-journey to catch a breath. She had been walking for hours. There was a small brook that chattered in the background of the serene environment as the water trickled in her path. Resting her bow on a fallen tree, the elf slipped off her quiver and leaned it right beside her elvish bow made of chromed silver. It glinted in the sun's light, and could blind a person if they were dumb enough to stare at it too long, but from far it shined like a jewel. And that it was, at least to the Eldar elf. The Eldar have long been exinct, with the exception of Eleniel herself. Her race of Elf is an ancient one, and had even witnessed the creation of man, if not helped create them at all. Eldar, meaning "people of the stars", originated from celestial creatures, made in their image. They held an angelic beauty, and a radiant glow. To those that worshiped or devoted themselves to the darkness saw her more as a blinding light than a mere glow, just like her chrome bow in the sun. Eleniel traveled the world in search for any other survivors of her people. She had come close serveral times but each clue she followed died at a dead end, one trail ended at a dead body. She confirmed it was an Eldar body, with the jewels and crest they wore, and concluded the death was caused by the poison tipped arrow lodged in the chest. It was a shame....and a disappointment. Still, Eleniel did not give up. She believed in her heart she was not alone, she couldnt have been. At times the stars reassured her of her belief, but stood silent for most of her time searching. She began to wonder if her purpose was found else where, if not to find whats left of her people.

Now we wound up here. In the outskirts of Eldar territory and the rest of the world. Part of the fallen tree rested over the running creek, to which the light-elf climbed on and walked across. She stopped mid-way to the otherside and jumped on a rock that slept right in the middle of the small river. She crouched down on it, resting a knee, with her long, silky hair touching the surface of said rock. Her hands reached down to the water, cupping her hands and scooping up the water to bring to her face. The coolness refreshed her and eased the heat from the mid-day sun. Droplets rolled off her cheeks and onto her chest and lap before returning to stand up. However, a strange presence reached her, causing her to sit silent for a brief moment. Her violet eyes scanned the area, her ears remained open and keen, and the light with in her expanded to reach for any signs of life.

Another pulse.

Once again her light felt another. It was not the birds singing in the trees, or the roots of plants slowly growing, it was something else and it was headed her way. Staying low, Eleniel pushed off the rock to step onto the fallen tree trunk once again, swooping down to take her weapons, and jumping off into foliage all in one swift action. She slid on her knee behind a bush, her hair whipping around when the momentum ceased, and watched through the leaves to see who was approaching. By now, her sensitive ears could pick up the sounds of foot steps trudging through the thick forest and top soil, growing louder and louder, as the owner drew closer and closer. Finally, the walker stopped at the same small clearing Eleniel had, infront of the little river, and revealed himself. It was a man, a human man, alone in the forest. But why? Man was weak compared to most other races, and after certain events in history man did not venture far from their own civilization and establishments, so why has this one traveled so far? The elf observed him through the density of the leaves and the shadow they casted. He didnt seem like much, parts of his clothes were tattered and didnt seem like they were made for venturing. He had a single pack and one sword to defend himself. The man held something in his left hand, but Eleniel couldnt see it from where she was hiding. She would have to get a closer look.

Elves were supernaturally light on their feet, in both meanings of the word, being known to even walk atop of freshly fallen snow, they were phantoms with their silenced steps. She remained in a squatted position, her hands touching the ground between her bent legs like a frog, she began to move. Crawling through the brush, be so sure as to not snap any twigs or rustle any branches....not like he seemed the type to notice anyway, judging by the way he was completely unaware of anything behind him, and didnt even bother to look back once in a while. Stepping over a dead log, Eleniel couldnt help but wonder if someone had sent him to kill her. She knew plenty of names that wanted her dead, starting with those that wanted her whole race dead. In anycase he would never be able to, he seemed untrained, fit and athletic, but much too careless.

Quickly, the elf struck out from her hiding place to put a small blade to his throat, luckily he wasnt too tall either, otherwise the move would be useless, "Why are you following me," she interrogated, her voice was fluid and breathy, feminine but stern.
The poor boy stuttered, "I-I am not a threat M-Miss," he quivered under the blade, his hands out where she could see them in submission. "Then why are you here?" her voice raised, pressing the blade deeper. The lad winced and Eleniel spotted the item in his hand: a letter. "Whats this?"

"A-A-A letter. I have come very....very far to deliver it to you," his voice cracked when he thought of the distance hes come to track her, "and I do not wish to die now that Ive finally reached you ma'am, only to pass on this note from a rather s-strange man and get on with my merry way." Eleniel took a moment to think. This man wasnt much of a threat even if he was lying, which he wasnt, she could tell, but he was genuinely frightened. Eleniel released him but snatched the sealed letter as he moved away. He staggered forward and turned around to face her, "O-okay Ive done my job, good day!" And he wasted no time to leave. "Thank you courier," she said, but he was already gone.

She spent her time after that event reading and considering the offer. The cultists were an issue and she disagreed with their views immensely. But who would she be working with? She has no idea who the writer of this letter was, nor how they even knew she existed. That in itself was a mystery and a rather dangerous one. It could be a trap. And if it wasnt, how many others recieved the same letter? Still, her interest was piqued and something pulled on her heart that told her to go. She learned a long time ago to follow that feeling. So with that, she prepared for the journey to the randezvous which was about a 6 day journey and headed out immediately. She would pray to the stars every night on the way, to ensure her decision was the right one.

-Currently-

The trek was long and slightly risky at times with creatures and bandits but nothing she couldnt handle. She traveled all night and arrived at the gates of the large city that was set as the meeting point. "Landfall...." the elf muttered with distaste. "There be a lot of strange folk comin in and out of here. State your business stranger!"

Humans...they see one hooded figure with weapons and they automatically assume theyre here to destroy the city. Eleniel yanked the hood of her cloak off with frustration and a huff of air. She revealed her white hair, some parts twisted and braided, and lifted her head to open her eyes and look at the two guards with annoyance. She stuck out like a sore thumb, a light in a dark, dingey, and rather drab city. Her hair and complexion stood out against her black clothing, and the clothing of the guards along with their dark hair and dirt smudged faces that matched the city walls. Her narrowed sapphire eyes fixed on the guard that spoke to her, looking down at them past her nose that was in the air. With arms crossed and chin raised, she spoke with a cocky look on her face, "My business is my own," she stated. The guards observed her closely: the long, untangled, silver hair, the angelic glow of her skin, the symmetrically, seemingly perfect structure of her face that looked to be like that of a chiseled statue, and who could forget the pointed ears, "Youre one of them elves arent ya?" One asked. The two brawny men looked at eachother and the second guard finally spoke up, "You must be with those other strange people that have been passin through here."

"Others? There are others?" Eleniel unfolded her arms and took a step closer with curiosity.

"Ye, others. Heard em talk about some Guide."

"That is precisely who I am looking for."

The gates begand to part open when one of the guards gestured to someone above them. The doors sounded heavy and solid. Their sluggish speed signified that this was one thick, metal door. The hinges screamed and yelped as the door was forced open, and stopped with an echoed clang as soon as they were open to their fullest. Eleniel's eyes from from the top of the doors, over the large city crests, then back down to the men before bow her head to them for letting her pass. Pulling her hood up, she adjusted the strap of her bow across her chest and marched right in.

The elf preferred to stay in this low-profile form, especially with a hair color like hers. She didnt want unwanted attention being brought to herself, nor did she want word spreading of her whereabouts. Men didnt like outsiders very much, at least from her experience. Morning had just settled in and the streets were already lively with early morning shoppers and vendors. Sharp eyes scanned the scene, trained to be weary and observant at all times, ready for anything; such is the life of an ex-Captain. Across from her was an old, craggedy, wooden tavern. One of the windows had a broken piece missing, and a drunkard layed passed out in the dirt beside the door. Drinkers practically lived in the place. May it be dusk or dawn, taverns were always a busy place. However there was a gaping hole where the door should have been. Perhaps a bar fight occured and the door was the victim. Stepping through the threshold, she looked around the dimly lit franchise from under her hood. She always felt that being hidden under such a dark cloak supressed her light, and in turn making her less noticeable to light-sensitive creatures but perhaps that was just in her head. It always appeared that way though. Off near the back of the pub was a large group. They werent as rowdy as some others, and none really seemed to be drinking, as if they gathered for a different purpose. 'It must be them,' she thought, her light feeling them out. She felt some dark ones in there, and it made her spine tingle, but she already come so far to reject the offer now from a couple of dark-based users. As she silently approached a voice grew louder, talking about the Silver Legion and the plan to bring them down. Eleniel, as short as she was, stood on the outside of the group, most likely unnoticed except for her light, but listened in regardless. She chimed in on the necromancer's, the guide's, explanation and the conversations and questions of others. No introduction, no questions, she just listened. If they wanted to go through with this, they should get a move on as quickly as possible.

Once Soma was confident that they were out of earshot, every muscle in the thief's body visibly eased up, letting go of the battle tension he was in. If Ryan hadn't noticed before than she would have been aware now that he was completely expecting not to leave that place without spilling blood. For real this time.

The dreamwalker barely noticed when Ryan let go of his hand, even staring at her as if he was confused until she smiled apologetically. He gave her a smile back and just waved off the unspoken apology. He was probably more stressed than she was by the situation. Though at her first words, Soma eyes narrowed in irritation. "I have never seen half the creatures sitting in that tavern Ryanna. That....female thing that came up to you that way was the straw that broke the camel's back."

The pulled off the red and blue headwraps he wore and started to scratch at his messy hair nervously. It was clear the thief didn't just dislike the situation. He hated it. He despised everything about this gathering. "There's no caution. No secrecy. Too many are involved. They talk too loud. Their mission is halfway impossible. I don't even know what the Silver Legion is, much less what they are capable of. And don't even get me started on the und-" Soma quickly pulled his companion to the side and willed his power into existence. The entirety of his eyes was taken over by a dull, orange glow. A strange, twinkling dust was left wherever his eyes moved. Like sand in the desert under a sunset's light. Seeing in the dark was not an issue now, though it wasn't in the first place due to it being broad daylight. No, Soma had used his ability to see the essence of life around him. He searched the tavern until he found the corner Ryan had been sitting at. Even outside he needed to keep an eye on them. If it was just his life at stake, Soma wouldn't care so much. But this was much more than just him.

"Ok....they aren't following. As I was saying," he stated without pausing. "The only one there that had some form of sense was the woman clad in black with the bow. The one that nearly put an arrow through the heart of that female thing that approached you. She's cautious and quiet. As one SHOULD be when plotting the take over of a city."

A harsh sigh left his lips as Soma continued to watch through the eyes of sandmen. "I agreed to help you with this, sugar lips. But that's because I don't to lose the only companion I have in this world. If it were up to me, I would have walked away from this sandstorm of a plan long ago. I refuse to see you dead or behind bars. That is what I really wanted to tell you."

Compass Compass

Morgrim Hemwick
Mentions: @everybody​

Morgrim took one more look around, and most seemed to be in agreement, and it was good enough for him. He did have to calm the orc woman down though, and reassure her. The bunny girl seemed to do most of the job though just by having long fluffy ears which perplexed Morgrim that it was that of all things to calm an orc down. He raised a hand and cleared his throat to get the green woman's attention, well the green one with a big ass axe and lots of scars. "Yes excuse me, we are not aiding the Silver Legion, we are fighting them. That's our target miss Kar'slet." He may not have gotten any of their names at the pub, but he had heard of most of these people in some way or another before, a needed requirement to send the band of odd heroes the letters. There was two of them that completely eluded him though. The sand rat Soma for starters. He could obviously tell they were together, but when he heard of Ryan the master thief he thought they worked alone, but as it may seem they were getting help, and thus tales of how efficient she was could be depending heavily on her partnership with the sandman.

The second person(?) that he was not expecting was none other then a huge fucking tree who had just walked through the door, and spoke to him. "What in the hell is a living tree doing in a tavern...? Is that how they give their boar such a unique and smokey flavour...?" Morgrim had to contemplate that for a brief few moments before she(?) revealed that they had received a letter from him, and he recalled no such thing. Taking a quick headcount he realized he was short a elf or two though, and it came to him that there were no forest elves here, and thus they must have passed the letter onto the dryad tree woman. The dryad also seemed to bring a plus 1, a little bird that was perched atop crows hat, whom the spirit boy seemed to have taken a liking to. It was not what he had expected, but he couldn't turn down a forest dwelling person. Their experience and navigation skills in the many forests that dotted Landfall would come in handy.

As things have been going on though they have overstayed their welcome. The dead pervert that Roxii had killed started stinking up the place, and the guards from the front gate had just come in to drag his body away with a bit of struggle. Sure the two armor glad guards were strong, but the dead man was easily several hundreds pounds and they needed to conscript the help of another burly looking bar patron to help them drag him off. "I think it best we head off now lest we draw more attention. Ellanor is a two days hike from here, and we best start now. It's through the forest so we will have to be careful." Morgrim announced to the group and got up to his feet with a little huff of breath. Just when he had gotten comfortable he would have to move his creaky bones again. He already spent several days on the road, and he would have to go back to it again after only having an hour reprieve. "I must let you know now, that from here on out it is do or die, we must give it our all every step of the way, or we will be crushed by our enemies." Then he left the tavern without another word, expecting the others to follow behind him. He could smell the fresh air again, and took in a deep breath to reassure himself that this is the right decision, even though it is a completely mad one.

He could look to his right and see Soma and Ryan talking in whispers, and Morgrim didn't care for their secrecy. "I'm not sure if you are tagging along or not, but we are heading out. If you still want to save the world I suggest you follow me, but if you are content to pick locks and lift coin purses till the rest of your days I wish you good luck." Morgrim said off-handed and continued forwards to the front gate, and thus into the harsh wilderness of Landfall.

Interacting with: All

Thomas had gone silent for a matter of moments, having received the criticism of many for his pacifism. Was it worth the bloodshed to liberate some creatures so that the other creatures may be forced into the inescapable bond of slavery? It was perhaps tough to decide. But then, the priest looked towards the other partygoers. revisitn ghteir visages seemed to bring about a sense of need, one for guidance and blessing. He may not have the hatred or the strength to fight, but the divine looks down friendly on those who fight for the freedoms of others. The evils of slavery and of humanity seemed to warrant retribution from the Divine through violence, so long as it was those who were damned that were harmed.

And so, Thomas at last spoke up, though perhaps a bit past the entire subject. "Morgrim, the Divine looks blessed upon those that fight to liberate enslaved, to feed the needy. I only ask that you do not permit me to fight, but the Divine has it that I shall be your lantern, to heal if needed, to hold blessing and sacrifice for your party. I shall too join in your quest." But Morgrim was already leaving, departing from this town. He felt that the moment had passed. In his reflection, he had missed his moment to speak up. Perhaps the oration was not as necessary as he so thought.

The priest, however, was not to be left in the tavern alone, so that he may be robbed of what little wealth he had. The palace of sin would no longer bear the hapless father. As the necromancer made his leave, he was sure to be the first to follow. Quickly, he departed from the sin, and followed suit after the necromancer. He made haste to catch up to him, trying his strongest to ignore the rather fragrant aroma he was emitting. And so he spoke. "Morgim, do forgive my silence. I fear that I was lost within my own mind. I shall accompany you, but shall heal and bless those in need. If you need a warrior, I shall not be of much help I am afraid. But what I have to offer is what i must."

Father Thomas knew the path to Ellanor rather well. He had journeyed on such roads many times in his life as he crossed the land. It was a 2 day's journey through unsure terrain, the begging poor, the sinful wicked robbers. To some of these beings, the Divine meant nothing. On one day, as Thomas was journeying, a robber attempted to take his money as well as his life. Although, exceptions existed; when he found that he was assaulting a priest, he seemed to quiver for forgiveness. Thomas blessed him, and advised the scoundrel to change his ways. Anything could happen in the presence of the Divine.

"Orc, I'm pretty sure. Though she isn't as big as they tend to get," she explained offhand, though she knew it wasn't very helpful to her partner's complaints. Everything Soma was saying was entirely true, and it hadn't been missed by Ryan either. The meeting by Morgrim had been rather sloppy and obvious and overcrowded, and the correct thing to do would be to walk away. But Ryan couldn't help the small feeling of hope that she hadn't had in a long, long time. She bit her lip, wanting to say more, but she watched Soma delve into some sort of trance. She didn't understand his strange powers, but they separated him from the human species, so she...tried not to press too harshly despite her curiosity.

She watched his orange gaze as he started to speak again. "I know, I know--" she insisted as he sighed, but she let herself be cut off as he continued. She glanced down as he explained how he had felt. She had been selfish, so felt a twinge of guilt hearing how important her well being was to the other. He at least deserved to know why she was willing to try with the clumsy group. The beastkin's arms crossed and uncrossed, her gaze narrowing and head tilting as she searched for the easiest words. "The Silver Legion is this country's army. They'll kill or enslave anyone if it means they get more land to exploit," she explained too simply. She didn't want to touch on her personal issues with the Legion, so she simply added, "That's not right. And we can always slip away if things go south..."

Her train of thought was cut off as Morgrim interrupted and her eyes snapped to him. She maintained a neutral expression but the hints of a scowl twitched on the corner of her lips, and she chose not to say anything back. She did not seem to care for the guide beyond his goals. "Think of it as a learning experience," she suggested to Soma instead, watching the others pass: human, beastkin, elf, vampire, tree..., orc... She would wait until the tail ended to take up the rear with her partner, continuously insistent on following. "You can learn to work with a...diversity of people and learn more about them." Her grin that followed was a shit eating one, though she felt a mix of pride and guilt in taking advantage of Soma's care for her. It was for the greater good, she assured herself.

Last edited:
Soma relinquished his hold on his power, letting his eyes go back to their original form. He turned to his partner with a raised eyebrow and a mixture exasperation and doubt on his face. The sand rat really, REALLY didn't like this plan. He knew Ryan didn't either but apparently the beastkin's sense of justice ran a bit deeper than Soma had originally expected. 'She really picked the wrong line of business for this...' He thought to himself. The master thief did groan aloud when he heard her explain what the Silver Legion was. It just made things so much worse. "Merciful Goddess of the Sands help me...... Listen beautiful, we're thieves. We don't concern ourselves with who is in charge nor what they do with their power. That's none of our concern." He was just complaining and he knew that his words were going to fall on deaf ears, despite their size. The cute girl did have something of a stubborn streak but Soma could not say he disliked it.

Soma watched the group exit through narrowed eyes and he couldn't help but scoff and puff his chest out a bit as Morgrim walked by and said his idiotic little comment.
"YES, ACTUALLY! I would be very content to pick locks and lift coin purses for the rest of my life. It's actually quite fun. Not that a rotting guide would know about that."

"Considering I was one in the deserts." He added with a mutter. The dream eater fell in line with his bunny girl companion behind the line of mismatched adventures but couldn't resist throwing an verbal jab at the corpse that led them. "Hey! If you start falling apart during the walk, I'll pick up the pieces back here! Promise I won't steal. Can't promise I won't eat it though."

Compass Compass Morgrim Morgrim

1510141c6c99e43ca556f510b31b3c61-jpg.327142
Marie Silverton
Marie didn't like being ignored, especially by the man who asked her to be here, she pouted fron the shadow of her hood before watching the others. The sand creature was interesting and one she would like to equaint herself with, along with many many others, her options were endless. Marie lifted herself off of her wooden seat and floated forwards, following Morgrim, she kept her head low before pausing. Two days. Without food, unless one would be willing to feed her. Marie blinked, turning her head to eye the men in the tavern, should she grab a bite or eat? Marie was about to make her decision before having to continue walking away from her food, damn it. She would not grovel for food from this group not until necessary.

The vampire kept her pace and breathed in the fresh night air, it was so much better than the skanky tavern air. The girl moved with grace as her black boots made no sound upon the ground, as she seemingly danced after her Guide. Marie however grew curious at the Holy Man and met his walk with her own. "You are a Holy Man? It is comforting to have a healer with us, though do you not feel, how would one say, out of your depth?" The woman delicately placed her hands in front of her her face still hidden by the cloak, she smiled at him, her eyes studying his robes.

With: All
Talking to: JokerValentine JokerValentine

17a71957203e9b2667e4f1f4e3d55a8e.png

7bec24346832501bb3003d186dcfb2ae.jpg

Inventory:
Twin Daggers, Leather Armor, Hat
Locations:
Sanctuary, Tavern -> Outside of Tavern

Tags:

Talks with MermaidShireen MermaidShireen , CarpeNoctem1213 CarpeNoctem1213

Guide:

"Quotes" = Speaking
Italicized = Thoughts
"Italicized Quotes" = Speaking Thoughts connected to emotions

"Glittering to gloss a hidden hurt. Unlearning not to hope for more."

Quickly the bucket in the storm was filled to the brim and overflowing, the last of the people arriving in trickles. A loud Orc, a quiet light elf, and a vampire to name just a few. They truly did have a diverse group of people, that was for sure. The boy's focus primarily retained to his new bird friend, quietly listening to the others argue among themselves. Some it was just with Morgrim or themselves, such as the vampire or the new and rowdy Orc, while others were with each other, such as the desert walker and rabbit beastkin. Most, however, seemed to agree with, or at least accept, his friends plan of action. They would help those under the ruling thumb of the Silver Legion and they will stop the hurting.

As the rest of the group continued to converse with each other, Crow would be approached by a new person. Someone that was similar, yet very different from him. "Glittering to gloss a hidden hurt. Unlearning not to hope for more." Crow turned his head to face the shoe-less woman. She flooded him with questions of what he was and how he knew what he knew, she asked him if he could hear the pained screams of the damned.

"No" The young boy replied adamantly. He was not one for taking joy or pain or sorrow from killing, from death. He was not like the people and vengeful spirits of this world. He was the helper, the compassionate. Warm, soft blankets that soothe. Without pause he would continue. "They have to need me. Pain, fear, sadness, guilt, anger, hurt. Things I can fix."

Crow would turn back to face the Dryad from before, who was now apologizing for her mistake. He smiled at her. "It's alright" He assured her it was no problem at all, he didn't mind it one bit. Especially since it gave him a new friend. With that Morgrim would speak to the group once again, signaling to them that it was time to move out. As soon as the bucket filled it would soon empty, one by one they would exit the tavern and begin the march to their destination. Crow would hop off the table where he sat and followed closely behind Morgrim, returning to the walking that got them here.

Actions Talking with Astrain and Nissinah, following Morgrim

The boy who was not a boy answered Astrain vaguely,"Glittering to gloss a hidden hurt. Unlearning not to hope for more." Continuing to speak in a strange manner that reminded her of the older dead that sometimes stayed with her,
"No" he replied adamantly. "They have to need me. Pain, fear, sadness, guilt, anger, hurt. Things I can fix." He was not like the old ones though. He can help the living, I help the dying... But the dead I wish I didn't feel. Not their pain, fear, sadness, or hurt. I cannot fix that when they are dead, and it only hurts me.

Guid Morgrim announced their immediate departure, and she watched as he left, not even looking to see who stood with him or who trailed behind him. The others quickly followed him, including a vampire, a priest, and the boy who is not a boy. Sighing to the dead who stayed to cry in her head, Astrain uncoiled herself from her chair and followed, the skirts of her white dress trailing along behind her. Her eyes caught on a young looking, silver haired elf woman, shadowed in a cloak that could not conceal her light. She knew the woman was nowhere near a young age, yet her possibility of death followed at so far a distance that Astrain couldn't help but be curious.

The woman shown with the light of the heavens, and to the harbinger of death, she sensed a warmth of life about her that made no sense to the cold claws of death. She was the true opposite of her.
Astrain's shoeless feet were silent as she padded nearer to the elven female, curiosity in her dead grey eyes. But, she stopped a very respectful distance from her, as if in acknowledgment of knowing when someone disliked unwanted company.
"Who are you, child of the stars, and why have you come to join so many of the dark?" Her voice was rough, asking so many questions of the not boy had taken its toll after only using her voice to inform the families of the soon to be dead.

Interacting with: Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat
Hoping to walk out the door soon and continue a conversation.

Attachments

• Banshee?.jpg
    Banshee?.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back