• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

My Void, a short story.

EMP

A monster at your service.

Context:

This short story is my view on the emotion we know as sorrow... An amalgamation of thoughts woven into chunks of text on a forum. Deep feelings of sadness held on to me as I wrote this, shit happened and that's life for you. Enjoy the read and please interpret it however you like.

sadness_by_maniakuk-d8xk36j.png

I woke up to an endless abyss, filled with pure darkness.

I didn't feel the ground, but I also didn't feel myself falling, as if suspended in outer space it self.

Mimicking the motion of walking, I felt that I was walking forward. But...

Why?

The vacuum of which I was in seemed to stretch infinitely, no end in sight, no where to go.

Looking up, there also doesn't seem to be an opening....

No light, no warmth.

As despair began to creep into me, in the distance, I saw.... No. Felt, a faint glow.

It drew me towards it like a magnet attracting a piece of iron, and I 'walked' willingly.

However,

The glow began to replace that lingering despair with something more 'malicious' , eldritch even.

I pressed on reluctantly, despite what it may be.

The path, even though it was straight, considering I was in a vacuum-like space, was like a treacherous journey through hostile lands.

Finally, the 'thing' which I struggled to reach was in front of me.

I felt all but one emotion as I looked plainly at it.

Sadness.

What the 'glow' showed me, made my vision misty.

Myself.

You don't think in depression that you've put on a gray veil and are seeing the world through the haze of a bad mood. You think that the veil has been taken away, the veil of happiness and that you're now seeing truly.

-Andrew Solomon

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back