Idea My░Nemesis░Works░Λt░Λ░Maid░Cafe!?!?

Toivoajarakkaus

* Toi-Voie-Jar-A-Kker-Ar-Us (They/Them)
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is just an idea I had for a 1n1 RP or if that didn't work out, a full story, that I wanted to iron out any potential problems. So I guess this is both an idea and a worldbuilding thread.

My░Nemesis░Works░Λt░Λ░Maid░Cafe!?!?
fa13726de6e96426cb7cd8be2c738507.gif
(位りデ詠 ニ印韻)
842aecbdafc07bf2d8ebfe28c78f19d4.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I'm Their Manager!?!

In the world of heroes and villains, information is worth more than gold. This is why you, the great and powerful genius you are, have hit the jackpot. The civilian identity of a particular annoying hero! Most of all your altruistic foe has unwittingly left a clue to their civilian identity. A business card to their place of work. And like any self-respecting villain; you decide to check out the place in person. After all, torturing your enemies with personal information was a treat most criminals only dream of... but of all possibilities, you weren't expecting to walk into a maid/butler cafe. NOR YOUR ACCIDENTAL HIRING. Can you keep your true identity from being revealed while scoping out your rival? And why does the hero look so good in their uniform!?!?!

-

My Nemesis Works At A Maid Cafe!?!?
And I'm Their Manager!?!?
In the world of heroes and villains, information is worth more than gold. This is why you, the great and powerful genius you are, have hit the jackpot. The civilian identity of a particular annoying hero! Most of all your altruistic foe has unwittingly left a clue to their civilian identity. A business card to their place of work. And like any self-respecting villain; you decide to check out the place in person. After all, torturing your enemies with personal information was a treat most criminals only dream of... but of all possibilities, you weren't expecting to walk into a maid/butler cafe. NOR YOUR ACCIDENTAL HIRING. Can you keep your true identity from being revealed while scoping out your rival? And why does the hero look so good in their uniform!?!?!

Last edited:
Some random facts about the setting, I'm just playing darts for now:
- Superpowers aren't a necessity for most vigilantes, but unless you have the money or smarts, most have powers.
- Same with villains, but it way easier to establish a name for yourself than it is as a hero.
- While heroes are welcomed in public opinion, city officials aren't afraid to call out the damage some superpowered caped dude is capable of is just as bad as a guy whose entire thing is bombs.
- The city is divided up by major villains, each with their respected goody-two-shoes counterpart.
- It's bad form to claim someone else's territory and fight their rivals. It's a pride thing, don't want people messing with your stuff.
- Hero work does not pay for anything. It really doesn't.
- The villains have a collective agreement not to burn down the entire city, you can't quite rule over a pile of rubble.

How the Maid and Butler cafe; *To Be Named*, works! :
- Each month, the cafe chooses a theme that all the uniforms are tailored around.
- While it is a Maid and Butler cafe, they don't enforce gender uniforms.
- Managers dress in black business suits to stand out.
- There is a strict no-touching protocol.
- Like seriously, they have the right to throw your butt out for anything wrong.
- They do have props for the different themes. Like the gloomy bear rabbits.
- Their specials change too, but it's pretty themed too.

If you ever expand this to have people play non-titular characters, I'd love to peep in and see. Slice of life works best with a cast of 4 to 5, maybe 6.

Crow Crow That’s a interesting idea! I do have side characters planned that can be open roles:
- The Maid/Butler Crew! I’d definitely see the slice of life aspect with these guys. I don’t really have any definitive information for them, but let’s just say about half are routing for the villain and others? Not so much.
- The Wing-Woman. The Antagonist’s criminal friend who isn’t afraid of being blunt about hero and villain relationships, but she isn’t exactly the best example being enemies with benefits with her rival. Definitely points out some of the innocent things the villain does that have entirely raunchy undertones for teasing. (Yes I have a joke set up just for that)
- Vigilantes. The hero’s friends. I’d imagine them being better off then the main, either having actual powers or money. Some could be a little stuck up about it, but they do care.
- Henchmen. Summed up as “What is our boss doing NOW?!?!?”

Speaking of our Titular characters, here’s some info on them!:
- The villain is more confident as, well, a villain. Their civilian life is a little, well, a LOT less comfortable and leads to his eventual hiring.
- Despite their bumbling in normal life, they are a quite capable criminal with their enterprise and a decent amount of money and territory to their name.
- I want to say they have some sort of powers with computers, or at least they’re good with tech. I’m not exactly sure yet whether I want them to a plain human or get angsty with powers.
- They’re slow to pick up on their growing feelings and believes it’s just their curiosity about who their rival truly is that draws them in.
- Its open to further discussion with my rp partner but that’s just the stand in idea character I had.
- This placebo personality is really inspired by Megamind and Red Death from Venture Bros.

More on the setting:
- No one is quite sure when powers came to be, especially some of the more out-there ones that can't be caused by simple mutation. There's about a 30% chance in a billion of having powers and not everyone with powers is a superhero nor a villain.
- Having powers isn't frowned upon, but some can be quite debilitating for normal civilian life. Many avoid the topic, some seek help in cases, and very few are upfront about the bad effects that having uncontrollable strength can have on someone.
- There are many sad cases of people who've gained powers and tore themselves apart due to their body unable to take the strain.
- In fact, the first Heroes and villains that appeared didn't have superpowers!
- It was an accident that heroes and villains were created and pretty much spiraled from there.
- It's not really destruction and criminal lords anymore as it is bragging rights. Not any Jokers to found here.
- All in all, it's a lot of theatrics and some villains do have good intentions. Albeit it's kinda hard to see the good in a guy who just crushed your home with a giant robot.
- That's not to say there haven't been truly evil characters running around, but the heroes mostly take care of that and if the fragile peace between the supervillains is broken, they'll get rid of the offender.
- The last time there really was a "Joker" level threat, the villains got together and created the code they still follow even now. With some teaks here and there.

Things about the hero:
- They aren't rich or have superpowers like most heroes which creates a slight divide. That's not to say they aren't wickedly smart. It's just they don't have fancy equipment that isn't macgyvered.
- Hince why they taken to working at the maid/butler cafe. So they can pay for food on the table and hospital bills when needed.
- Thankfully one of their allies has a healing ability, but even the greatest healing potion can't make them forget the pain.
- They struggle in putting the effort they give to help others to themselves.
- The villain has unintentionally influenced them in one way or another. Some that will be teasing material for later.
- I want to say they have a crush on someone else, but that would be spoiling the possible story.
- Doesn't hate the villain, but recognizes that they have the potential to do good... Or themselves to do evil.

Funnier President Funnier President Interesting question!
Yes, I am, but I'm just trying to get the setting and the story tied down. As the focus is on the villain and hero's dual identities, and their eventually budding love, I kinda want to make sure I've got a good handle on how different their 'night' jobs are from civilian life. An example would be how the villain is more comfortable and confident in their villain persona. Their strength is proven by their intelligence and wealth. But the moment they has to step out of that mask and prove themselves by their actions and words, they falter.
Or on the hero side. They spent so much time playing the good guy, can they learn to see themselves as worthy of the same care? Allowing people to share their burdens instead of crushing themselves to death with responsibilities no sole person should be responsible for.

That and chance of turning this idea from 1v1 to a group and how would that work. Any suggestions would be helpful 👍

That's true... I wasn't really counting on the Maid/butler crew being heroes/villains themselves so scenes without them wouldn't be fair in a group setting. Nor would constantly having them be in distress just to have them in said scenes be fun.

As funny as the idea of eternal blocking friends sounds, that's an idea to be explored later in a different setting. With that being said, I can't think of anything that needs to be addressed before creating an interest thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back