• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Multifandom prefix?

Phantom Thief of Hearts

We live in the Metal Gear timeline
I'm come to notice how most RPs that use the Fandom prefix are really Multifandom RPs and I'm aware that there are those on the site that would like to avoid those kinds of RPs in their search for a simple Fandom RP. It's primarily the reason why I think a Multifandom prefix would be nice as oppose to it being a tag.

Bumping to lobby for this. Distinguishing between the two with a new prefix would make it easier for anyone looking to fulfill their niche.

The idea behind prefixes, subgenres, and tags is that each one gets progressively more specific. Prefixes are supposed to be very broad; subgenres narrow that down; and tags narrow it still further. It's why we have just "Realistic/Modern" as a prefix and leave Historical, Mystery, Dystopian, etc. as subgenres.

Multifandom as a subgenre allows users to include it under the broad Fandom prefix, and since you can select more than one subgenre, it doesn't limit whatever else you'd like to add there. And with our filter system, it takes very little effort (mainly scrolling down to get the filter sidebar to scroll, in my personal experience) to search for Multifandoms if that's what you want; while if that isn't what you want, just don't select it and see what turns up from the generic Fandom prefix filter. On desktop, at least, you can see the subgenres right from the list without having to open up each one to check, so it's easy enough to avoid them there (and incidentally, nothing on the first page of Group RPs with the Fandom filter selected used the Multifandom subgenre, and only a few of the 1x1s).

It would be nice if the filter was designed to let us exclude things from our search as well as include them, but we haven't managed to get that yet. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back