Mountain folk enlightening charm.

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
Im curious.

I know that a charm or spell should not be able to DIRECTLY remove the great geas.

but do you think its possible to make a charm or spell that would bestow enlightenment upon a previously unenlightened mountian folk?

Just curious.

Because it seems to be the vast majority of mountain folk being unenlightened is almost an accident, not a intended result of the Great Geas.

(Note: I only got my "exalted the fair folk" copy a few hours ago so dont be too hard on me if im wrong)

I know that a charm or spell should not be able to DIRECTLY remove the great geas.
Thank dog for rereadings. I was about to be an utter asshole to you, but then realised I'd misread that sentence as a question... :roll:

but do you think its possible to make a charm or spell that would bestow enlightenment upon a previously unenlightened mountian folk?
Your reasoning seems sound. Unenlightenment is an accident, so trying to fix it doesn't involve going up against the will of a Primordial.

Thank you.

now that I know that, I need to decide how to fix it.

I've got three ideas currently

A sorcery spell.

Medicine charm

or a lore charm (following wyld shaping technique)

However, if it's an Exalt magic, wouldn't the MF want to kill it before anything happens though?

I'd rather expect it to be a Protocol... You know, both Alchemicals and the MF being servants of Autochthon and all.

I thought that myself for a second.

but I for my own games dont really use the alchemicals.

And as I pointed out it appears that unenlightenment is a ACCIDENT therefore it wouldnt require autochians direct sanction or permision to circumvent it.

sssssz said:
However, if it's an Exalt magic, wouldn't the MF want to kill it before anything happens though?
Would they? Why? They're not actively hostile to any Exalts except possibly Abyssals, are they?

Well Im pretty sure their active hostile towards known infernals too. but I agree thats a good point.

in any case any idea of what a good category would be to put this in?

its pretty clear the mountain folk dont have the power themselves to ensure enlightenment, or Conclave problems or not, they WOULD have done so by now.

Im thinking solar and stuck between a follow up of wyld shaping technique, or tiger training technique,  or it being a medicine charm.

Any thoughts?

its pretty clear the mountain folk dont have the power themselves to ensure enlightenment' date=' or Conclave problems or not, they WOULD have done so by now. [/quote']
 Would they?

Artisans are born enlightened; warriors and workers take pot luck. Considering that the artisans have the cachet of being the ruling caste, something that would allow the undercastes to become enlightened--and lose the artisans their lofty position--may even be something that the Conclave would be happy to suppress.

See the section on 'Enlightened Undercastes' in p. 228 of Fair Folk.

I've READ That part.

The thing is they are in a perpetualy dangerous situation in their long war.

I've READ That part.
The thing is they are in a perpetualy dangerous situation in their long war.
 And so?

If they were losing badly and were in serious danger of being completely overrun (or see near-incontrovertible evidence that this would omce to pass), then maybe then.

Right now, the MF are holding the line. Barely, but they've recovered from the blows the Great Contagion dealt them, and reclaimed territories they've held in the First Age. Why fix something if it's not broken?

The Conclave, as it is described, appears to be a factionalized group of individuals, all with their own plots and ambitions, much like the current Imperial Deliberative. I don't see such a group willingly take an action that would benefit the entire society...if it would erode their own personal power structure.

Look at what a mess the Houses are making of the Realm. Why would the Mountain Folk be any better?

I'll agree with you on that.

Do you agree with me though that the exalted if so moved (Its unlikely that any solar exalted will ever get involved in mountain folk politics but you never know) could probaly find a way of affecting things.

It's possible that a Solar, given a thorough knowledge of the Jadeborne (through a Chaos Seer, believing that the development and use of this ability will seriously destabilize the MF social structure), could develop a charm similar to the Dragon King-awakening charm.

Alternatively, if Jade's Egg Hatched is repeatedly demonstrated to a Twilight, and the Exalt develops a charm to duplicate its effect...wouldn't that put the cat among the pigeons, hmm?

A non-Solar long shot would be a Siddie developing a Siddie MA that deals with spirit/mind shaping, originally meant to target spiritual and sorcerous bindings (imagine ripping away a Second Circle demon from the Third Circle it is part of--while keeping it alive) or to inflict them. A charm along this tree may have the ability to do something like this.

good ideas I'll think on them.

One more thing that occured to me (I KNOW this is VERY VERY VERY Improbable.)

is if a Eclipse caste was to learn Jade egg hatched and combo it with flawless craftsman exercise, (if theirs a reason this is impossible please  tell me but i didnt see any "this charm cannot be learned by moonshadow or eclipse castes on jades egg hatched or its prequisites.)

One more thing I just thought of.

am I wrong or are the mountain folk essentialy fair folk for purposes of Eclipse caste and their diplomatic immunity.

a Siddie MA that deals with spirit/mind shaping...  A charm along this tree may have the ability to do something like this.
There's already that Sid MA charm that lets you turn one thing into another thing. That should do the trick.

that might work.

one more thing.

Think "Wyld shaping technique" could duplicate" "ecstatic reproduction style" just curious.

Another thing.

Could you take a look at my latest charm under... "Ideas for high essence charms.

Im just curious how they look?

*is lazy and skims the bit about the Artisan conspiracy (or something)*

Now that I think about it, the last God-Machine Protocol translates a Fair Folk to a Mountain Folk... Maybe it's got something to do with Enlightening?

Yeah, you did say you don't want Alchemicals in your game... but eh, I thought it's a matter of appropriateness... If necessary there's nothing saying Solars can't do it, and Solars pretty much can do anything outside other Exalts' shticks...

thank you for your candid advice

one more thing.

just a plot Idea I thought of.

Im not sure but if a unborn mountain folk is in jade AWAY From the heart of the realm, do they age?

just curious.

I had a... interesting way I thought of to bring them in.

Im not sure but if a unborn mountain folk is in jade AWAY From the heart of the realm' date=' do they age?[/quote']
It's never stated that they are, and I see no reason why they would be. They're unborn, encased in the most stable of elements.

good ideas I'll think on them.
One more thing that occured to me (I KNOW this is VERY VERY VERY Improbable.)

is if a Eclipse caste was to learn Jade egg hatched and combo it with flawless craftsman exercise, (if theirs a reason this is impossible please  tell me but i didnt see any "this charm cannot be learned by moonshadow or eclipse castes on jades egg hatched or its prequisites.)

One more thing I just thought of.

am I wrong or are the mountain folk essentialy fair folk for purposes of Eclipse caste and their diplomatic immunity.
 JEH is a charm in the Artisan pattern; Eclipses/Moonshadows aren't allowed to learn either Artisan or Enlightened pattern charms...which was why I suggested that the Solar design a Solar charm analog.

Mountain Folk are distinct from Fair Folk after being touched by Autochthon; they're not included in the diplomatic coverage. Why the omission? The Solars probably thought that the Great Geas was sufficient, and didn't bother to sign any further treaties and bidning oaths with the Mountain Folk.

sssssz said:
*is lazy and skims the bit about the Artisan conspiracy (or something)*
Now that I think about it, the last God-Machine Protocol translates a Fair Folk to a Mountain Folk... Maybe it's got something to do with Enlightening?
 Not really; I thought so at first, but the text indicates that it simply turns the FF noble into an unborn MF; the Artisan that uses JEH to carve out the new MF is still the sole influence on what comes out (and its Enlightenment or lack thereof).

LOL as I said I only got my copy of Exalted the fair folk on friday

I feel very embarrassed to have made such a fool of myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back