Most Needed Books?

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
I'm new to the game & the site, and i just wondered what people believed to be the "most needed books". Right now i have bought all the hardcover books per exalted type (i.e. Abby, main, lunar, fair folk, alchem, siderreal) Also, i've purchased the Players Guide for the merits  & flaws. I've been looking for games of divinity as some people said it was good to have... and i figured manacle and coin would be good for weights & measures.  Any other suggestions?  Oh i also have book of 3 cirlces and Sorcerer & Savant.

and if i posted in the wrong area, my apologies.

Thank You,

Sounds like you've got a decent collection there. I started with nothing more than the main book :)

I guess any other book reccommendations would depend on what more you want to know about. If your game is going to come anywhere near the Realm, or anywhere the Realm controls, the DB book is a must-have.

-S

I'd say you pretty much have all the books that you'd need to run any campaign.  I'd recommend Outcaste because I think it's an awesome read and it has some awesome artifacts, but tbh, it's not NEEDED.

I mean, it depends where your game is set and the like.

well, i was actually looking for some information on city's and known towns. I figured scavanger lands would be nice... pretty much anything that would detail the threshold.  I'd like info on nexus too.  I guess I am mainly looking for city breakdowns like they used to do with VtM with books like Chicago by Night etc.

Again my Thanks,

I'd definately recommend Scavenger Sons.  Apart from the core rule book (on my second copy since my first has been used so much), Scavenger Sons is the most read in my collection.

~FC.

loociddrmr said:
well, i was actually looking for some information on city's and known towns.
  • Scavenger's Sons - short (page or two) breakdowns of most places in creation (other than the Blessed Isle). Fairly long breakdown of Nexus. (might want to see the wiki project on fleshing Nexus as well).
  • Dragon-Blooded - short breakdowns of Blessed Isle.
  • Outcatse - Chapter level detail on Lookshy, a specific spot in the western ocean and specific spot in the east.
  • Bastions of the North - Chapter level detail of each of three northern cities (Gethamane, the Haslanti League and Whitewall).
  • Houses of the Bull God - Book devoted to Harborhead and nearby places (Yane).
  • Kingdom of Halta - Chapter level detail about the land at the very northeast of creation.
  • Blood and Salt - Book about a family that preys on the southwest ocean
  • Ruins of Rathess - Book devoted to the former solar capital (now ruined)

wordman said:
[*]Ruins of Rathess - Book devoted to the former solar capital (now ruined)
I beleive it was actually the Dragon King capital. The Solar capital was Meru, on the Imperial Mountain.

wordman said:
[*]Kingdom of Halta - Chapter level detail about the land at the very southwest of creation.
I think you mean "northeast"?

-S

Not to mention the fact that it covers An-Teng, an Imperial satrapy in the SW, fairly thoroughly. Along with Houses of the Bull God, excellent material on how a satrapy in post-Empress times functions.

The Storyteller's Companion has some spirits and artifacts you won't see anywhere else, though most of the rest of the info has been supplanted by the hardsplats.

Yeah, but tbh, if you've already got a gaming screen, the storyteller's companion isn't worth anything much to you.  Basically, the Eye of Autochthon does largely anything, and the majority of the other artifacts in there are either pointless or just obvious, IMO.

Since we've named just about all the books (except for the Castes/Aspects), I'll fill in the rest:

Savage Seas is good if your adventure involves nautical affairs; it also details the navies fo many of the known coastal city-states and the like.

Book of Ebony and Ivory covers the Underworld Cities in plenty of detail.

Stillborn said:
wordman said:
Kingdom of Halta - Chapter level detail about the land at the very southwest of creation.
I think you mean "northeast"?
wordman said:
Blood and Salt - Book about a family that preys on the southeast ocean
Southwest, I think.
I love when I take the time to comb over a post looking for errors, find one, then correct the wrong goddamn line.

Anyway, I've edited the original post.

It's Lintha.

And no, they tend to stick to the West and southwest. Granted, they make an occasional raid on the northern Threshold, or potentially as far east as Arjuf or even Harborhead, but they project power mostly from around the Sargasso Sea.

Between the Realm's Wood fleet and Lookshy's brown-water navy, there isn't much room for major pirate organizations to thrive. Only Thorn's new 'death navy' can be considered as potential 'pirates,' in a fashion.

There may be random outcastes here and there, but nothing on the scale of the Lintha. If you like, you can use the Wyld-addicted pirates described in Outcaste as a template for them...the power level (nothing more than a division of Second Age ships) is reasonable for a group small enough to not bring the wrath of the Air Fleet (the northern Realm fleet, not their excuse for a sky fleet) down on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back