More Musings on Malfeas

Flagg

The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment
Creation/Yu-Shan has the Loom of Fate. Autocthonia has the Core. The Underworld has the Calendar of Setesh.

Malfeas seems lacking in some kind of grand, Fate-spinning artifact. I know Joseph had some ideas for the Yozi Isodoros (which he's yet to submit here), but did anyone else have thoughts on what might control causality there?

-S

I don't think they need one.  Creation needs the loom or else everything eventually falls apart,  Autochthon needs his design because of the rigors of his exile and hibernation not to mention all those mortals living in him.  

Malfeas and hey why not the Labyrinth as well, they are simple greater thena  need for fate.

Spook said:
Autochthon needs his design because of the rigors of his exile and hibernation not to mention all those mortals living in him.
Don't you think the imprisonment of the Yozi is at least as rigorous as Autocthon's exile?

-S

Hmmm. I can't find anything that syas aught of such either. *shrugs* Hmmm. Perhaps Malfeas itself keeps the fate of those contained within it, worked into the prison itself, binding all within to remain within... not just physically and by being outside Creation, but their very fate itself binding the Yozi's within...and it is only that the binding of their fates is specific to them as a whole and not as complete upon their lesser souls that lets such occasionally escape for a time...but always being dragged back eventually, for even the least demon has enough of their Yozi within them that its Fate will always be theirs in the end...

Stillborn said:
Don't you think the imprisonment of the Yozi is at least as rigorous as Autocthon's exile?
apparently not.  The Yozi function as normal in their realm, while Autochthon was forced to bring rations, extra worshipers, and shut himself down.  Just to survive in the void of Elsewhere.

Spook said:
The Yozi function as normal in their realm
If you consider getting turned inside out and having a bunch of other beings stuffed inside of you, then being plopped down in an endless desert normal, then I guess you're correct.

-S

It's got the Yozi themselves. That might be enough--since they created Fate in the first place.

Of course, it might be interesting if one of the Yozi was forced to manifest in Malfeas as the lynchpin of their imprisonment, just as others form other aspects of their 'home.'

It is the binding, worming its way through all the other Yozi like bits of pernicious code, like a mystic virus that all of them carry within them, bound down deep across all their souls, or maybe even it is bound up into the patterns of their being, like a shared bit of DNA. It is a part of each Yozi, etched into their own names, binding them, defining their imprisonment.

Games of Divinity talks about a demon that plays a harp called 'Time'. I take this to be the hellish equivalent of the Loom of Fate or the Calendar of Setesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back