Materialize/Dematerialize

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
Hey.

I've located the mechanics for the charm Materialize, but I know I've seen the mechanics for it's counterpoint Dematerialize somewhere.  Does anyone know where it is?

Thanks in advance.

The mechanics are exactly the same, but the Charm works in reverse.

-S

I'm aware of how the charm works, but one of my players, and Eclipse Caste has learned this charm from a handy dandy spirit and I wanted to be able to show it to her in a book so that she can read it for herself.  I showed her Materialize, but I'm something of a perfectionist...

I fail to see how being a perfectionist would get in the way of understanding that Dematerialize is exactly like Materialize but in reverse...

Normally I'd agree with you, but if you read Materialize and Dematerialize you'll see a few notable exceptions.  Primarly the sections detailing how to calculate the cost of an Eclipse Caste Solar must pay to Dematerialize, the lack of committed essence necessary to maintain the state and the incapacity for a solar to recover essence through respiration in this state.

The two charms do work the same, but the Dematerialize write up is much better written and is intended to replace the mechanics in Materialize.

Not that I knew that before, but it payed off apparently...

Yes but the point is the same... now it's just inversed.  Instead of Dematerialize working in reverse to Materialize, its the other way around.  Same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back