• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Final Colossus

The Dwarf looked up at her as she said "She had no name, the trees know my true name". That line stumped him and he got more confused about the nature of elfs. He rubbed with two fingers the temple of his head his stare going in the motion of his thoughts:

Well if ya don't have name , we shall give ya one, cause ya know "One whom speaks ta trees and grass" is a moth full ta yell out when ya bein' chased by som' horned beastie.-he rubbed his beard to think of a name. A glint came to his golden eyes when he got it.- I kno'! Planky! Ya be Planky. Ya like wood n' stuff didn't ya said. By tha way since I prefa more den da trees ta know my name, I be Dimir Ot Varsk, At ya service. -He felt proud, the day has not started and he had named a person.

Permissible of Hatish a small, surreptitious chuckle, he approaches the man who should lead. "Pardon, sir Mathias. However, must we go about our way so soon? Surely we are in need of accommodations."

Wary somewhat of the golem after the initial awe, he further nuances, "You would know Fury better than I ever. To sacrifice a small portion of time for bonding will avail us all.

"Thus, I'd believe Fury's fish sticks are pleasantly roasted even now."

Packing up her stuff quickly, Miele got up and followed the rest of them out of the throne room. It looked like anyone here was automatically accepted and that was quite fine with her. There was some conversation happening near the front and only one other person was lingering behind like she was. Glancing over, the boy about her age, if not a bit older seemed hesitant as well.

"Hello, my name is Miele Aristos, nice to meet you."

Kin snapped out of his daydreaming he had suddenly started when Miele addressed him, he pushed off the wall to stand straight up "H-hello, my name is Kin Hano, it is a pleasure to meet you as well." He said formally as he picked up the round object that hung around his neck, opening it he looked at the picture of his little sister before closing it and looking back at Miele, he smiled a little bit at the resemblance before looking around the room and seeing most of the people going have left, he looks at Miele again before he started heading for the door. "Come on Ms. Aristos, we need to catch up to the group." Kin slowly stepped out side as he stretched a little, before waiting for the Miele girl to pass him before carrying on.

The dwarf feeling one good deed was done proceeded to do another good deed. He moved between Math and Hatish and cheerfully said:

Ta stand in one place in day light will be a sin! Da biggest uniter of people is da open road and songs.

From his back he pulled the crossbow and showed on its backside 5 strings. This crossbow was converted into Sitar:

I know enough` songs ta fill da entire road till we find da wonder construct......But I 'ill save dem for later. - he placed back the crossbow on his back.

Staring at the older boy who introduced himself as Kin Hano, Miele remained expressionless as he opened a round container of some sort, glancing at it and her in quick succession. His smile didn't seem to be from embarrassment, more like some kind of show of affection. Having just met him, Miele was confused what that was about. Before she could ask though, Kin had already stepped out into the courtyard. Miele followed and passed him, finding herself in front of a very tall stone construct. Despite having painted war scenes and other fantastical subjects, all of her work had been from imagination or detailed descriptions from her clients. Seeing it with her own eyes was quite an experience. She started to take out a blank canvas, the second of the three she currently carried, but stopped herself as she remembered that now was not the time nor place.

"Kin, why were you smiling at me like that? May I ask what is inside that pendant of yours?" It was quite unlike her to ask like this, but along with the sudden and drastic changes to her life, her personality seemed to make exceptions to her usual self as well. It was also a possibility that Miele was feeling paranoid. Was Kin someone involved with that mysterious man that appeared in her room? She also briefly wondered if there was a picture of her in that pendant and Kin was confirming that it was indeed her. Miele wasn't famous by any means, but anyone could pose as an interested client when speaking to her references, getting information about her.

Kin Was looking at this massive golem studying it before he looked at the girl named Miele, she seemed paranoid with her question but he sighed a little at her before turning back to the golem. "No particular reason, you remind me of my sister, that's all." Kin said slowly as if it was painful to say before he looked at pendent again not opening it this time. "It's a picture of my sister, she looks allot like you." Kin said as he dropped the pendant and slowly walked over to a tree he looked at it up and down making sure not to freak the elves out he rested a hand on it before he sat down next to it.

kin then watched the group interact as he just relaxed letting what wind there was flow through his thick black hair, he took care not to mistreat the tree at any point as to not upset the elves, if they where allies, its best he showed them respect.

"Planky?" The elf laughed. "That's got a ring to it. But the name I was given when I completed my apprenticeship is Saeonna," she explained, putting a fist over her heart and giving her head a nod. She walked along in silence for a bit after that, enjoying the company of the trees who had messages from home. Her birth sister had eloped with the Keeper's son and her closest friend had finally mastered his grandfather's bow. When they finally stopped for a rest, she watched the black haired human treat the tree with more gentleness that she usually did. She looked at him until he made eye contact, then gave a smile that reached her eyes and nodded her appreciation. She gave a small laugh and proceeded to procure a snack with the help of a tree. Saeonna placed her palm on a root and it pointed her a few yards in. There, she found a blackberry bush heavy with the sweet berries. She plucked a few and popped them into her mouth. She got a few large handfuls, wrapped them carefully, and place them in her pouch next to the wood figure. Then she made her way to the mass of the group. "There's some blackberries over that are at the peak of ripeness," she told the leader of their small group. She still hadn't a clue of anyone's names.

Mathias smiled softly at his young and seemingly excited group of adventurers. It made him really glad that there are people willing to give there lives to this cost, even though the chance for success are very low. He cleared his throat to his group. "Speaking of food. We will stop by the market to get supplies. Let's go." He said as he started to walk down the steps to the actual city, Rock followed his mater without hesitation.

The dwarf followed the gang replying to the elf who finally told her name. He raised a eyebrow:

So ya have a name, but till around 40 years all around ya screamed"TREE HUGGIN LADA,COME ERE!"....Ya pointy ears be strange.

As they left the palace they made their way towards the Market place. A place where Dimir treated as a second home in every city. Trading, talking, sceaming at one another about the outrages prices of goods a certain bunch of traders. The smell of the freash furs brought from the frozen norths, The salts and herbs brought by ship from the east and of course the lingering sting of beer brought from the Dwarfen families dominated the senses. Dimir quickly caught up to Mathius and declared:

Lad, we be needin a good cart or a pack o' ponies for da supplies . If thy Stony Giant be far, we shall be need to be stocked while we be on da roads and it would be tiresome for tha entire party ta carry all da supplies, especially our pointy ear folk. Ponies be good, but a cart be betta cause It be a shame ta let dem loose when we reach da first climb up. 'nd By tha way....Do ya got a idea where da Colossus might be? Da dwarfen Rune-keepas might have some specalations , but nobody of us could say for sure....

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathias looked around the market place as he listened to the dwarf going on and on about his idea for travel. "What would we do to the cart when we go on our first climb? Either way we're going to have to carry our supplies the old fashion way." He told him. He looked at everybody. "Just buy some food, and some essentials." He said as he went to one stand.

@Jinksa @Amityvillager @Hope Robinson @Varie @BigHippo8 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back