Mantis Style

The Mad hatter

Iron-Arm Block, second charm in the tree, it says you add yuor martial arts score to any parry armed or unarmed and may parry leathle attacks unarmed.... heres the big qustion...

THE HECK!

if your going at it Unarmed, then your using Dex+ MA anyways, dose this add your MA again to that pool, or is it usless in that regard and just let you parry unarmed?

Also Including 1 Siddie style Martial Arts what are 3 styles that would work excellent together (not counting celestial monkey)

without going into my book to read the charm.. if it adds your MA score to any parry attempt, armed or unarmed, and allows you to parry lethal damage unarmed... and if you were using MA to parry a lethal attack bare-handed... then I'd say you would figure your regular Dex+MA pool, plus any other modifires, then add your MA score (again) due to the charm's effects.

Of course, that's without reading the charm.  I'm too lazy at the moment to go look in the book... mostly because I just got home from a 4 hour session and want to relax.  (was a fun session though, a character pissed off a powerful Raksha Noble with an artifact sword that basically causes acute/severe wyld mutations in those it hits.  I haven't fine-tuned the finer points of the sword, but it's a nasty little toy in the right hands)

Ok Mad, 3 forms including 1 siddie that work well together is fairly straightforward since theres only one weapon shared by any Sid forms and any celestial forms. The seven section staff.

Charcoal March of Spiders, Mantis and Snake.

or

Citrine Poxes of Contagion, Mantis and Snake.

Mantis is a pretty useful defensive form all by itself, Snake isnt great as a standalone, but has really good comboability. CMoS is a hefty offensive form all around though it needs a little strengthening in the defense department. and CPoC is totally focussed on long term damage to your opponent, but again lacks for a solid defensive posture.

If you want to go for the full on overabuse/use of your charm arsenal. I also like

Prismatic Arrangement of Creation, Water Dragon, and Hungry Shade.

First this one requires full mastery of at least 2 of the martial arts, and one of those has to be PAoC because the only way it can work is if you activate one of the celestial forms with the pinacle prismatic form once you do that you can use tiger claws for all your martial arts charms, Water Dragon is probably one of the top 3 if not the top celestial level form charm available and Hungry shade works well with it to eat through persistent defenses, replenish your essence, and lay some serious ugly hurt on people.

An additional side note on the last. Most people will argue that no weapon you can use will match Four Magical Metals form and while I tend to agree, I do think PAoC and Water Dragon together make for a very very tough opponent to take down. For extra twinkish sickness use FMM form too and youre probably looking at around a +19 to 21 to your lethal and bashing soaks, plus the ability to buy even more soak as needed, plus all the other bennies of both of those forms.

Well wood dragon form can be fun especially if you know something completely different too, Tiger Style comes to mind simply for Spine shattering bite at oh gaia only knows how many yards away. VBos can work very nicely with it as well so youve got some hefty dice adder support fot it and a good extra action charm. Unfortunately, Wood Dragon isnt all that strong on its own, it needs good support to make it truly effective.

nice little weapon' date=' what leevl artfact is that? the nastly little rashaka noble of mine could use somthing like that[/quote']
Well, the Noble is an NPC, and I haven't actually put a level to the artifact yet, in an old game I ran with this same character, the sword was N/A.  Chances are, once I solidify all of its powers more coherently it'll be 5 or N/A.

It also messes a bit with some of the limitations that would normally restrict Raksha characters.  I haven't really gotten them down, but right now I'm thinking that (and this is purely brainstorm) the Raksha takes on mutation points beyond the normal "Essence + mutation points = 14 total" limit... but I'm not sure about that... a rule of thumb I've been going on so far is that if the Raksha so wishes, what would normally be health levels of lethal damage to the victim are instead mutation points (which can be very nasty if he's attacking run of the mill mortals).

In my old game, the sword basically turned the Raksha into a walking wyld zone.  With the sword he was single-handedly responsible for Mt. Metagalapa (or whatever the name of the moutain is that's floating in mid-air) as well as the majority of what happened to Old Hollow.  Thankfully in that game he wasn't interested in world domination, but merely toying with lives and causing irritation for the PCs.  Most of his attention was focused on another Raksha who had bound his powers.

In this game, I've lessened his power, although the blade will still make him a walking wyld zone to some extent.  It's also good to be aware that in my games Raksha have what amounts to their own Magical Material, not as powerful or longlasting as the real MMs, but generally considered a MM in its own right... called GlamourSteel.  It looks similar to starmetal, with a rainbowesque sheen, but it's colouration is a bit more paradoxical, it glimmers with all colours and none simultaneously.  

If you like the idea of the attack causing wyld mutations in the victim, feel free to steal it ;)

consider it stolen,

mabey a bhemeoth whos bite unleasesh a mutating posion or somthing so they gain mutation points equal to half the damage they recive but happens over a slow period of time, like as they heal their wounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back