Mai's Simulcron

Ganryu

Your Lovable Jackass GM
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
Mai took a deep breath as she entered the tent. It had the aescetics of a Fortune Teller's place, but then again, that was kinda the Schtick she was going for. Candles and incense lit the room, giving a smokey dim light atmosphere, which made people easier to influence with genjutsu. Mai doubted she could do this on the field.

Checking everything was alright, she exitted, and flipped the sign to say 'open for Business. One fight: 5,000 Ryo'.

Honestly probably undercharging it, but it was as good for Mai's genjutsu practice as it was for the customer.

The tent had a larger sign above that read: Mai's Simulcron, and to the side advertised the fights she could replicate and their power level. It was mostly a guess on that, but Mai hoped she was a good guess.

Rank E - Bandits:
I've fought enough that you can fight any number under 20. Great practice for cockey genin
Rank D - Star Nin
A genin Star Nin, specializes in chakra cloak and crossbow usage. For genin starting out, this is a great feel of what actual combat is like.
Rank C - Leaf Nin
A Leaf ninja who excels at Taijutsu with a lightning chakra cloak, should be challenging for most chunnin
Rank B - Bandit Leader
An extraordinarily strong bandit with wind chakra usage, and unable to feel pain, slightly more than most single ninja can handle. Can do duo's for double price.
Rank A - Explosive Samurai
A samurai with Explosion Release, capable of challenging even the best of ninja. Has extraordinary reflexes, and a large amount of chakra. Side condition: Chilly weather conditions.
Rank S - Hoshikage, Kurogana the Death Wind
Find out why this man called himself kage. Only Jonin allowed in this challenge, as it tends to be too short otherwise.
Other Options: Myself, a Dragon, Several Leaf Nin I may or may not have fought. Want me to fight you outside of genjutsu and add you to the list: 20,000 Ryo and bring a medic nin.

Mai wondered momentarily if she should feel guilty about using the dead in such a way, but they were just memories, and memories could help everyone get stronger. Mai wasn't honestly doing this business for the money. Everyone deserved the chance to get stronger.

* Cheap way to earn some points if anyone's feeling behind and the fight is good if you don't spam here. Don't neccessarily earn points if you're super ahead, or the fight is short. Also, genjutsu, I don't feel bad if someone lo ses.

Mai Sanada Yuuki Uchiha
There had been rumors floating around of a shinobi running some kind of fight simulations through genjutsu. Judging by the signs and the sheer amount of incense pouring out of the tent, Yuuki had found the place. “Huh, never would’ve pinned her for the genjutsu type…” It came as a rather pleasant surprise, genjutsu was a kind of art form requiring more than a little creativity.

He looked over the list of offered fights. He wasn’t really a fighter, Nobushige had made sure of that. But the Uchiha found his curiosity piqued nonetheless. It was all genjutsu so the battle itself wouldn’t pose much risk to himself. Not to mention it would be a good way to gather valuable experience. Part of him wanted to take a shot at Kurogana, the self-titled Hoshikage. But he knew his skills weren’t honed enough to stand much of a chance just yet.

Rank A - Explosive Samurai
A samurai with Explosion Release, capable of challenging even the best of ninja. Has extraordinary reflexes, and a large amount of chakra. Side condition: Chilly weather conditions.

“A samurai with a kekkei genkai…?” The thought clashed with the samurai’s distaste for ninjutsu. It was a curious thought, one he wanted to see for himself.

Mai took a step out the tent, coughing up a fit. Incense, either a wonderful or horrible idea, she wasn’t quite sure which, but her lungs were screaming terrible. She noticed the shinobi outside.

“ ‘sup Yuuki? *cough*cough* Want to take a swing at it then? Samurai’s kinda tough, heads up. I kinda almost died there… again… But hey, genjutsu, what’s the worse that could happen besides horrible mental trauma?”

Mai had a smirk on her face despite the comment. She was a little confused, she didn’t know Yuuki that well, but didn’t think of him as a hotblooded idiot who’d spend money at a fight. But, well, everyone deserved to get stronger.

Yuuki hesitated but managed to force a wry smile. “My last fight with a samurai went just a bad… except I was almost cut in half.” He shifted, fingers brushing the scar on his side. It brought back phantom pains despite the wound having healed well.

“Huh. I got exploded. Well, come have fun inside. Cash or tab?”

Mai opened the flap of the tab, a ‘mystic’ entrance set forth, dimly lit candles, little bit of incense, completely useless crystal ball inside, a ridiculous amount of purple with stars everywhere, silver beads. The works. The odd thing was Mai generally only got to open the shop a few hours a week, but definitely worth it.

“When ya ready, follow the handsigns: Rat, Dog, Bird, Rat, Ox, Rat, Monkey, Ram, Dog, Ox. Hands a bit slow at them, so, might have to mind that.”

“I think you win the shitty samurai encounters,” Yuuki mused, following her inside. The incense assaulted him immediately, causing the Uchiha to cough for a moment. “You know, three sticks fills an entire dojo… one would be more than enough for this place.”

He coughed again, “anyway, cash is fine. Probably won’t be a frequent customer here, one time’s enough to catch hell from sensei.” Yuuki heaved a sigh before handing her the fee. “We both doing the handsigns? Or one hand each?”

“I need ya hand to split the jutsu with ya. One hand each.”

Yuuki nodded, offering a gloved hand.

===================
Genjutsu: Re: Life

As the handsigns finished, Yuuki wouldn’t find himself inside a smokey little tent any longer, but on the snowy slope of a mountain, a blizzard swirling. And due to the memory, he would feel the cold as the wind bit through the area. A samurai stood looking him dead on, a blade raised to the side.

“Indeed, I am,

No need to introduce yourself young one,

I do not know who you are,

Not your name,

Nor your creed,

Nay, not your clan,

But I know what you are,

You are,

Ill-prepared.”

Yuuki blinked, quickly taking in his surroundings. This was leagues above anything he could hope to achieve through genjutsu. Once the swordsman began to speak, crimson eyes locked onto him. “Yeah… Yeah, I probably am.”

In quick, precise movements, his hands passed his wrists numerous kunai and shuriken flying out at the man. Large wings began forming at his back, Dance of the Shikigami wouldn’t save him from an explosion, but the added maneuverability may be what he needed to keep out of that blade’s reach.

“Fool!”

The man reacted with an upward slash using both hands, a heavy amount of chakra erupting from the blade in an outward explosion, blasting away the shuriken, sending them back as shrapnel at Yuuki. The snow beneath the two of them started to shift, and the mountain started to make a grumbling sound.

“I am a true samurai, and with this blade I shall carve out a new land.”

Yuuki’s eyes widened at the sheer amount of chakra being poured into the blade. Though it changed before he swung it, almost as though it was the chakra of another person. A beat of his wings as he dove to the side, narrowly missing being blown away by the shockwave.

The Uchiha’s fingers moved through a short series of handsigns, a small ball of flame leaving his lips. It arched upwards before soaring down towards the swordsman. The sign had mentioned the samurai having a large store of chakra, there was a slim chance Yuuki could turn that to his advantage.

Fire Release: Flame Mortar

The swordsman reacted with a simple thrust into the fireball, blowing it apart with another explosion. Underneath him, the snow started to pick up speed, falling down the mountain faster and faster as an avalanche occurred. Snow sprayed in the air as well at the fall. Chakra began to form at the Swordsman’s feet.

With the ground literally giving out from under him, Yuuki was forced into the air. Two kunai were thrown into the air, the second collided with the first and sent it straight down an explosive tag igniting. As soon as the blast occurred a pair of fuuma shuriken left his hands, one hidden in the shadow of the other.

The swordsman lept. Angled above Yuuki, he passed above the projectiles rather than dodge fancifully on the ground. His speed was even faster than Mai’s, having managed to blitz her in their fight. He let a single downward slash at Yuuki, an explosion propelling the swordsmen higher in the air, and threatening to send Yuuki into the avalanche itself.

Ah… fuck. with little time to react, Yuuki’s form blew apart into innumerable sheets of paper. Several of them ended up ignited by the swordsman’s attack. He was forced to reform nearby, gasping for breath. It took most of his reserves just to survive that single blow and even then it had cost him use of his right arm.

Red eyes glared at the samurai, and Yuuki faded from view, reappearing a split second later with a blade at the man’s throat.

Genjutsu: Reap

The man’s sword was through the illusion before it had much of a chance to react, no explosion needed or wanted at this point. He was perturbed by the sword going through it, flinching for just a moment. He slipped a few inches into the avalanche before he managed to regain his footing continuing to slide down the snow, the two approaching a cliff in the distance, a large rock overlooking the edge.

Yuuki gritted his teeth, as soon as the illusion was cast he was on the move. He wasn’t thinking about his actions anymore, just moving. Several tags reading purify flew from his hand as he closed the gap, flames building in his good hand.

Even as close as he was there was very little chance of actually catching the man’s sword arm. It was crazy and stupid and… he found himself not caring. The flames took form, reading explosion.

“So foolish…. You would have been a strong samurai… But you lack discipline and the intellect to know when not to engage a stronger opponent…Goodbye Child, know that you die in honor.”

The man’s reaction was slowed by illusion, several tags managing to land, and even a flaming brand, causing him to drop the sword. However, the man stood resolute through the pain. He reached forward with an iron grip with his off hand at Yuuki’s throat, his hand more iron than flesh at this point. He crushed his grip, trying to literally break Yuuki’s spine, and crush his throat, and tried to chokeslam his opponent into the moving snow itself.

If he tried to turn to paper, the snow would disperse it. If he didn’t, he’d be dead regardless.

There really wasn’t any escaping the man’s grip, already his sharingan fading and his vision along with it. Yuuki barely managed a faint smirk, he’d lost, plain and simple. But if he was gonna die… his clothes smoldered slightly.

Heavenly Punishment

A large ringing could be heard as everything turned white. Yuuki would find himself in the shop again, with Mai panting hard.

“Sucks not knowing if you got him in the end, doesn’t it?”

That jutsu had been a lot harder to control than Mai had thought. But it seemed to work well enough for Yuuki.

“Have fun? Any questions?”

Yuuki coughed hard for a moment, trying to get over the feeling of not being able to breathe just seconds ago. “Yeah… but that’s one hell of a genjutsu you have…”

“Eh, it’s not really that strong. It nearly broke on its own a few times when you went a different memory than I had, and anyone can break it near instantly if they tried. That, and I think I had 30 seconds left before I ran out of chakra completely, that would be a fun one to explain to Mom. But that’s the reason I won’t let a technique work twice, it lets me review it in detail. Figure if other people want to get stronger, it’d be selfish not to let them try. I came up with it when Daisuke… Anyways, had a lot of free time. But yeah, blabbering on here. What ‘bout you. What’cha learn?”

“I mean, sure it’s not a combat genjutsu. But ANBU and the intelligence division could get a ton of use out of something like this. Dad-“ Yuuki shook his head, “The Hokage would probably be pretty interested if you showed him this.” He hesitated, “when… you’re not about to pass out.”

“Huh. Well, tell’im ‘bout it. This place is hit or miss being open, jonin and missions, but yeah. I think Imma go pass out. Pass me that tacky purple beaded pillow, and mind turning over the open sign to closed?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back